Author Topic: MikiTale - After The End (PMMM)  (Read 59704 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
MikiTale - After The End (PMMM)
« on: April 08, 2018, 06:18:37 AM »
//Well Eastern Interference in Salvation is practically dead at this point, so I now have an open quest "slot" in a sense. Anyway, I'm deciding to run a pure Puella Magi Madoka Magica quest now. It has been done in the past according to the archive. And coincidentally it apparently stars the same character. :P

//Caution: Spoilers for Puella Magi Madoka Magica ahead. If you don’t care or have already been spoiled or seen the anime, then you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, you have been warned…

>WARNING: You will have 3 attempts for this quest. Period. Dying or witching will use up one attempt and you will be given the option to restart from the previous action taken. Upon the loss of the third attempt, you will be stuck with the ending you receive. Proceed with caution and have fun~
-------
>You are Sayaka Miki

>Your life had been pretty normal up until about a month ago, when you and your best friend, Madoka Kaname, were introduced to the world of Magical Girls.

>The two of you quickly became friends with Mami Tomoe, the Magical Girl that saved your lives, and Kyubey, a catlike creature that grants wishes in exchange for becoming magical girls. After accompanying Mami on a few hunts, she was tragically killed in front of the two of you. Kyubey urged both of you to make a contract with him before the witch devoured you too, but before either of you could do anything your lives were saved by Homura Akemi.

>Ah yes, Akemi. A student that transferred into your class the same day you met Mami. It turned out she was a magical girl too, and she really gets on your nerves at times. There’s something about that psycho you just don’t trust, not to mention she seems to have some sort of obsession with Madoka. Ugh! The only reason you even put up with her anymore is mainly because of Madoka’s urging… It doesn’t help that she’s also taken to watching you like a hawk ever since you became a magical girl yourself... What a creep!

>Speaking of that, you made your contract with Kyubey a couple days after Mami’s death. Your wish was to heal the hand of Kyosuke Kamijou, a boy you’ve had a crush on for a long time. As a result, you have regenerative powers that are greater than those of a normal magical girl. You also can summon cutlasses as your weapons. As a magical girl, your power comes from a brilliant egg-shaped jewel known as a soul gem. Apparently it contains your actual soul... disturbingly enough...

>Your only other friend of note is Hitomi Shizuki, who has been acting very strange these last couple of weeks. You’ve been meaning to talk to her about it for a while, but unfortunately your duties as a magical girl have been getting in the way.

>Speaking of those, you recently became acquainted with a veteran magical girl named Kyoko Sakura. Things between the two of you were really rough at first, but after a while the two of you have grown to tolerate each other at best. Once that happened Akemi pulled both of you aside to discuss a serious matter: According to her, some kind of super-witch called -- you think it was something about walruses -- was coming to Mitakihara. Originally you thought it was a trick, but Kyoko confirmed that she was being completely serious. As a result the three of you temporarily put aside your differences and have spent the last couple of weeks preparing for the witch’s arrival…

>Which brings you to today. When Walmart-whatsitsname came to the city, the three of you began your attack. You don’t remember much of what happened, but the last thing you saw was a skyscraper barrelling down on top of you…

MikiTale - After The End

>...

>You awaken underneath a pile of rubble.

>Light is streaming in through a large hole to your right. Kyoko and Homura are nowhere to be found, and there is a distinctive lack of Walpurgisnacht’s -- ah yes, that was it -- laughter as well.

>In fact, things seem eerily silent at the moment...

>You slowly stand up, wincing slightly from the pain.

>What will you do now?
>_
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:06:30 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: MikiTale - After The End (PMMM)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 06:27:36 AM »
> Check ourself... Inventory. Other states (like soul gem) and if we're transformed or not.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 04:26:36 PM »
//Whelp, it's been 10 hours since I started this. So I'm going to go ahead and parse. Updates will be somewhat slow until at least one other person joins.

> Check ourself... Inventory. Other states (like soul gem) and if we're transformed or not.
>You examine yourself.
>Your head hurts a bit, and you are still transformed, you have a few minor injuries, but they seem to be healing. You frown slightly as you glance at your soul gem. It's a bit cloudy, but its not bad yet.

>Soul Gem Corruption: 50%
>Inventory:
  >?3208
  >>Cash on hand.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 08:07:35 PM »
> Peek outside through the hole...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 08:40:00 PM »
//Just a reminder that this is an open quest on the off chance there's lurkers.

> Peek outside through the hole...
>You make your way over to the large hole and peer around the side...
>The entire city seems to be a wreck... You know this witch threw freaking skyscrapers around, but now that it's light out you can really see all the devastation it caused.
>You hope that the shelter is still intact.

>You see a figure standing in a clear patch within the rubble off in the distance, you think it might be Akemi. Her attention seems to be fixed on the silhouette of... a mountain...? Since when was there a mountain there?
>_
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:55:18 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »
>Get out through it.
>Does she seem harmed?
>Kyouko's not around yet?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 10:46:46 PM »
>Get out through it.
>Does she seem harmed?
>Kyouko's not around yet?
>You climb out of the hole.
>You can't tell at this distance
>You don't see Kyoko anywhere yet.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 04:54:11 AM »
> "A-Akemi. Are you all right?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 05:07:26 AM »
> "A-Akemi. Are you all right?"
>Your voice doesn't carry that far.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 05:08:39 AM »
> Head over to her.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 05:20:24 AM »
> Head over to her.
>You quickly and carefully make your way down the rubble towards Homura.
>She begins to reach for her shield when you get within speaking distance.
>_
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:23:51 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 06:38:35 AM »
> "Akemi. Are you alright?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 06:54:52 AM »
> "Akemi. Are you alright?"
>She immediately stops what she's doing and, after a few seconds, turns around. You swear you see a hint of disbelief on her normally stoic expression, but only for a moment.
>"Sayaka Miki. I'm..." she frowns, and seems to study you for a moment, as if trying to determine that you're actually there, "...actually surprised that you survived..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 06:58:21 AM »
>"I'm fine... I'll be fine too. I don't see Kyouko around... And I don't hear Walpurgisnacht either..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 07:05:53 AM »
>"I'm fine... I'll be fine too. I don't see Kyouko around... And I don't hear Walpurgisnacht either..."
>"Kyoko Sakura was caught and buried in the shock wave created from the structure that hit you. I had assumed both of you had died... As for Walpurgisnacht..." she pauses for a moment, a hint of sadness crosses her eyes very briefly, "It's... no longer a problem..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 07:12:43 AM »
>"I might've been caught in a room or something... But, Kyouko..."
>Look around.
>"Maybe she's only buried and stuck..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 07:24:59 AM »
>"I might've been caught in a room or something... But, Kyouko..."
>Look around.
>"Maybe she's only buried and stuck..."
>"Perhaps... If that's indeed the case, then I wish you luck if you're going to try and find her."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 07:27:43 AM »
>"What about you?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 07:34:32 AM »
>"What about you?"
>"What about me...?" she tenses up slightly, turning to glance at the mountain-like silhouette once more, "The only thing that matters is that I have failed.... There is nothing left for me here."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 07:42:59 AM »
>Look to the silhouette.
>"What's that you keep staring at."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 07:55:16 AM »
>Look to the silhouette.
>"What's that you keep staring at."
>You look to the silhouette, is it just you or do parts of it seem to be moving?
>"...A witch." Homura replies, "...one stronger than Walpurgisnacht..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 08:08:48 AM »
>"W-What!?" Walpurgisnacht did all this, and another stronger one supersedes her!? We weren't told about this."
>Glance one more time for Kyouko.
>"How do we stop this? How can we? Is... Is our only option just to run?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 08:20:36 AM »
>"W-What!?" Walpurgisnacht did all this, and another stronger one supersedes her!? We weren't told about this."
>"It wasn't supposed to happen..." Homura clenches a fist, before murmuring something to herself.

>Glance one more time for Kyouko.
>"How do we stop this? How can we? Is... Is our only option just to run?"
>You glance. You do not see her anywhere.
>"Running would be pointless." you suddenly hear Kyubey speak, before he comes into view, hopping onto a pile of broken concrete, "The witch appears to be gathering strength, I estimate that in approximately ten days, it will be able to wipe out all life on the planet." his tail swishes.
>_

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »
>Recoil in shock.
>"Wha-!? I-It's THAT strong!?"
>"B-But, then... what do we do...? We can't fight something like that... And if we can't run either... then... are we supposed to just curl up and die here...?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 03:19:41 PM »
>Recoil in shock.
>"Wha-!? I-It's THAT strong!?"
>"B-But, then... what do we do...? We can't fight something like that... And if we can't run either... then... are we supposed to just curl up and die here...?"
>"That is for you to decide. To be fair, the witch is humanity's problem now. The birth of this witch has far exceeded our energy quota, so the creation of new magical girls is no longer necessary. Congratulations, by the way, you two will be among the last generation of magical girls on earth."
>Your mind is both appalled and confused about what Kyubey just said. Birth of the witch? Energy? Just what is he talking about?
>Homura says nothing, but begins to reach for her shield once more.
>_
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:22:06 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 04:37:39 PM »
>"What are you talking about Kyubey? And what are you going to do?"
>Turn attention towards Homura for the second.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 05:52:11 PM »
>"What are you talking about Kyubey? And what are you going to do?"
>Turn attention towards Homura for the second.
>"When both magical girls and witches are born, they produce energy, which my kind uses to extend the life of the universe. The birth of this particular witch has exceeded our quota, so no further contracts on earth will be necessary."
>Homura pauses for a moment, and glances over her shoulder at you, "As I said, there is nothing left for me here..." she closes her eyes and looks away, continuing to reach for her shield, "Farewell, Sayaka Miki..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »
>Quota... So no more Magical girls, nor wishes...
>"Where? This whole area is devastated. And that witch will only do more... You're not... you're not going to take your own life, are you?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 06:30:32 PM »
>Quota... So no more Magical girls, nor wishes...
>This is bad...

>"Where? This whole area is devastated. And that witch will only do more... You're not... you're not going to take your own life, are you?"
>Homura does not reply, and places a hand on her shield.
>Wait a sec, doesn't she pull her weapons out of there?
>You suddenly hope she isn't about to do something rash...
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2018, 06:34:51 PM »
>"Don't..."
>Be ready to tackle her, focusing on keeping her arms from doing anything, if we see something suspicious.
>Preferably wait for another player's input on this.