Author Topic: 東方潮聖書 ~ Sapphire Panlogism - v0.01b update  (Read 22592 times)

Re: 東方潮聖書 ~ Sapphire Panlogism - v0.01b update
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 02:15:25 AM »
Oh man, now that her damage's tuned Hecatia feels sooooooo good now!  Red Hecatia (Esp. Unfocused) is a bit strange, but I feel like she's supposed to be more of a "ditch a bit of extra damage when you're close to the boss for a few seconds" character.   Yellow Hec is pretty great at clearing enemies too when she's at full power, when she's not the range is a bit short and it puts you at risk (understandably so).

Also I'm super glad you guys have added the missing sounds!  Everything just feels right now!  I couldn't be more excited for the rest of the game!

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 01:20:35 PM »
Hey, I know it's been a long time and I was planning on giving feedback on this update when it came out,but due to my trip extending I wasn't able to check out the v0.01b update. I'm here now though.

First of all, this is a good update. Hecatia seems much better now. Her blue shottype just seems to be a tiny bit less powerful Marisa, but it's alright. I can finally play her and capture all of the spells in the demo, which is something I couldn't have said about her previous state. . . well almost every. Saga's midboss spell is still an enigma to me. I can never capture this spell consistently, I always either bomb it or time it out by spinning around her. It doesn't seem to fit being so early in the stage and it's pretty dangerous from the get go - unlike Iroha's portion which does indeed have the impossible 3rd wave, but this time Hecatia doesn't have to deal with it.

The red Hecatia shottype still does indeed have only 4 uses in the entire demo. Azure's midboss section. Few of Azure's nons and last spell, speedkilling yingyangs at the start of the Stage 2 and the spinning circle yingyang section on Stage 3.  That's not a lot. Most of the time it's just a nuisance trying to switch in between Yellow and Blue and you realize you've been in the Red one due to the lag input. Yeah, almost forgot about that one. I thought back in the 0.01a demo that the game run on 60 fps smoothly. It did, but I've tried on different keyboards and there doesn't seem to be a way of quickly changing between Hecatia, even if you tap C key twice it screw up most of the time - it's inconcistent, I don't know if you can fix it anyhow, but just letting you know.

I do love what you guys have done to patterns. Stage 2 no longer is a nightmare it once was and the tiny bullets are no more. I did notice Sakkagumi has smaller pink bullets that remind me of Miko's from TD now - I don't think she had them before? Alright. Some parts of stage 1 and stage 3 still blend a little too well, but the greatest offender is now the greatest saviour. Heck Sakkagumi Happyaku Yamomo's (I'm gonna miss her previous surname, I preffered it imo despite the controversy and I thought it was a cool pun) fight seems much easier now and she's no longer a difficulty spike she once was. . . now it's Saga.

Alright so all in all, I think the game is going to be great if you'll keep making such awesome updates, however there's one issue that I had back in previous demo that is even more noticeable now. The bombs and I-frames. I love this game, but sometimes it can really be frustrating to play. The bombs in this game - especially Hecatia's bombs are pretty weak and terrible in power. They seem amazing from the graphics, but in actuality they don't do that much damage. I wouldn't be mad about them that much if not for one serious issue, the deathbombing still doesn't work most of the time.

I will give this game that, it teached me to deathbomb with lightning speed just to not waste bombs. But somehow I had situations when I bombed a second before I hit the bullet, the bomb came out... and I got hit by the bullet anyway and lost the life. I have a replay if you wanna' see, it was a funny one since I almost did no miss run there, I was happy, trying to be resourceful and... that happened. Sometimes it's also bad when the background for the bomb is still there, but your i-frame runs out already. Please, make the death bomb window larger. I know it's hard to fix an annoying bug like the one with i-frames, but just letting you know, that was probably most annoying part of the whole experience.

That's all from me, cheers.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 09:46:04 AM by Popcioslav »
No.

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2018, 08:48:02 AM »
I got 2 bugs during 1 run.

on stage 3 I had a deathbomb on my last life and dropped some F items.

on stage 3's last spell , I captured and got hit at the same time. Then I chose "continue" and nothing happens, no player or shoot, only fogs on the screen.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2018, 04:05:06 AM »
Just going to throw this out there, we made a blog to try and keep people updated on the game.
We intend on keeping the blog updated fortnightly which I will try to bring posts up around at least 12PM Sunday AEST. These posts will be from various members behind the team.
Here's the link for those who are interested in following
https://teamurbanmimzie.tumblr.com/

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2018, 07:48:10 PM »
How's development going?
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2018, 02:23:09 AM »
How's development going?
There was a bit of a hiatus, but things have picked back up and Stage 4 is very close to completion. It'll probably be a while before anything new is shown, but progress is definitely being made behind the scenes.

(Also, wow, that whole blog thing really didn't work out, did it? Maybe I should try reviving it...)

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2018, 08:44:46 AM »
It's good to know development's having progress!  You guys take your time, I'm sure that the finished product is gonna be amazing!  Will be definitely looking forward to it, no matter how long it takes! ♥