Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6  (Read 65946 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #270 on: September 18, 2018, 05:05:39 PM »
// Sorry bout that Neovereign, I was a bit in a hurry to get out of here and explore what we wanted to do next
> "Hey Renko, sorry for disappearing on you"
> "I think we should head out and investigate Rikako and the flash drive, are you ready?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #271 on: September 18, 2018, 07:55:46 PM »
//Still, having another us might be beneficial, even if we're just staying at home. I don't plan on having a bunch for a plethora of situations, just one.
> "I wanted to try something, is all."
> Unless countermanded, repeat the process for creating another us.
> Recall if our feelings were shared, and what else was between the original and the copy.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #272 on: September 18, 2018, 10:52:52 PM »
// Sorry bout that Neovereign, I was a bit in a hurry to get out of here and explore what we wanted to do next
> "Hey Renko, sorry for disappearing on you"
> "I think we should head out and investigate Rikako and the flash drive, are you ready?"
>"O-Oh. Yeah. I'm ready if you are."

//Still, having another us might be beneficial, even if we're just staying at home. I don't plan on having a bunch for a plethora of situations, just one.
> "I wanted to try something, is all."
> Unless countermanded, repeat the process for creating another us.
> Recall if our feelings were shared, and what else was between the original and the copy.
>You manipulate the boundary of single and double.

Merry 2:
>You pop back into existence... You remember being erased...

>It's... an odd feeling. It's like you're in control of two yous while still being you.
>_

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2018, 11:35:58 PM »
Merry 1:
> "Where should we start looking for clues?  Got any suggestions?"
Merry 2:
> Try and shake the fear off of being erased, as we can always come back its not scary

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2018, 11:42:26 PM »
Merry 1:
> "Where should we start looking for clues?  Got any suggestions?"
>"Hmm... did the flash drive say anything that might give away a location?"

Merry 2:
> Try and shake the fear off of being erased, as we can always come back its not scary
2:
>You shudder. You know now that erasure isn't permanent if you desire, but it wasn't a good feeling to experience at all...
>_

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #275 on: September 19, 2018, 03:03:20 AM »
1:
> "We need to find a place with low ambient magic, I remember there was bar graph with some coordinates and ambient magic, I would like to have another look at the file"
> Wheres our laptop?
2:
> At least we know what Rin must have felt

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #276 on: September 19, 2018, 04:02:05 AM »
>Inventory.
>Mental Notes.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #277 on: September 19, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »
1:
> "We need to find a place with low ambient magic, I remember there was bar graph with some coordinates and ambient magic, I would like to have another look at the file"
> Wheres our laptop?
2:
> At least we know what Rin must have felt
>It's in the room, sitting on a desk.

>Inventory.
>Mental Notes.
>INVENTORY:

>Black and White Shirt (equipped)
 >>A shirt obtained in Makai. It's a little too small. It feels tight around your chest.

>Black Skirt (equipped)
 >>A skirt obtained in Makai.

>Hat (equipped)
 >>A white cap that you wear almost all the time.

>Satchel (capacity: 18/20 units)
 >>A bag for carrying items. Has a limited carrying capacity.

>Experimental Paper (0.5 units)
  >>A crumpled up ball of paper you experiment on.

>Coin Pouch (2 units)
  >>A bag filled with coins from Makai. You gave some of them to Kagerou.
  >>Contains one indigo coin, three cyan coins, five orange coins, and one red coin.

>Burnt Photo (0.5 units)
  >>A picture found in the Prismriver mansion, it depicts the four Prismrivers, except Layla has her head and upper body burned off.

>Clothes (8 units)
  >>Your signature outfit, a purple and white dress with a black belt.

>Cloak (4 units)
  >>A grey cloak with a hood you obtained in Makai.

>Notebook (1 unit)
  >>A blank notebook you can easily tear the pages out of.

>Pen (1 unit)
  >>A writing utensil.

>Flash Drive (0 units)
  >>A flash drive that you believe belongs to Rikako Asakura. It's labelled "Personal Files." You could probably access it with a computer or laptop, but would you want to?

>文57 (1 units)
  >>Cash on hand. 

>QUESTS: MENTAL NOTES:
  >[COMPLETE] You were forced to leave without Renko. You resolved to return. Now you've returned to Gensokyo and reunited with Renko.
  >[COMPLETE] Did ya get that thing I sent ya?: You've repaid Kagerou for her assistance in finding Renko.
  >[COMPLETE] You told Rengeteki you would come back and "help her no matter what." And intend to follow up on this. You recently discovered she is being targeted by someone from her past. After a brief conflict, you resolved an incident and managed to reunite Rengeteki with her long lost love.
  >[COMPLETE] Two's a crowd: You separated Sumireko and Matenshi.
  >[COMPLETE] Koishi and her sister (The now-open-eyed Koishi feels very uneasy about meeting with her sister Satori. We promised to come with her as moral support.)
  >You never knew what Sumireko was doing in Gensokyo. You would like to investigate this further.
  >You wanted to find out if Yukari could be your mother, and if she wasn't, then you wanted to ask if she knows her whereabouts. Since then, you have learned that Yukari is indeed your mother, but that still leaves some questions unanswered.
  >Judgement: Explain things to Reimu, Mamizou, and Marisa, hopefully having them understand. Enlisting Yukari's help would be really great for this.
  >You recall wanting to ask Alice about the Marisa doll in her cellar...
  >You want to eventually attempt to make the largest gap that you can, so that you can get more information about your power growth and report it to Yukari.
  >You want to go to Kourindou eventually.
  >YuugenMagan's shade ( A faint remains of this incorporeal betrayer still reside within us, tormenting us with strange and creepy dreams and sometimes even briefly taking control over our body. We need to come on terms with her or find a way to exorcise her completely.)
  >Rumia & Kikuri matters (Rumia's friend Kikuri is trapped within arifact known as "Hell moon", while Rumia herself went berserk from loss but was stopped and had most of her power and memory sealed to prevent relapse. We were touched by this story and decided to help them both.)
  >Rikako's flash drive - You've read it and uncovered a shocking plot! You should probably put a stop to it...
  >Finding Layla - You think you should find Layla Prismriver again to convince her to drop her current life and move on to a better future like Rengeteki and Koishi did, as well as convince her to destroy or at least sever the link between the Baton and her sisters.
  >Patterns for Dummies - You wish to improve your danmaku skills
  >You want to retrieve some embarrassing pictures of you and Renko from Aya...
  >You have not added anything else.
  >_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #278 on: September 19, 2018, 07:39:57 PM »
//Ah right, I was against checking on the flash drive before, then we did I think and learned well she is pretty bad. We still needed a password for more content though.

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #279 on: September 20, 2018, 03:09:02 PM »
This is not much,but still...
>Was the place were we first met Rikako considered by her to be " less polluted by magic"?
>While checking again on the flash drive,recall the directions to that place and any outstanding details and/or conversation in hindsight.
>Speaking of Rikako and Chiyuri, in which  directions ,and possibly toward which landmark, did they off to when they were done?
>If Yukari  and Ran keep the Border under a sort-of supervision,they might have noticed "an ambient with especially low-magic",right? Or did they already helped out enough?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:08:02 AM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #280 on: September 20, 2018, 08:53:38 PM »
//Ah, crud... I forgot. I was going to try and have the owl be useful as a sort of scout.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #281 on: September 20, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »
> Boot up the laptop
> Change directory to where the chart showing positions and ambient energy
> Examine chart

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2018, 05:10:54 AM »
This is not much,but still...
>Was the place were we first met Rikako considered by her to be " lesser polluted by magic"?
>You don't remember. You do recall she was studying that area, though.

>While checking again on the flash drive,recall the directions to that place and any outstanding details and/or conversation nord in hindsight
>Speaking of Rikako and Chiyuri, in which  directions ,and possibly toward which landmark, did they off to when they were done?
>If Yukari  and Ran keep the Border under a sort-of supervision,they might have noticed "an ambient with especially low-magic",right? Or did they already helped out enough?
>They moved in different directions. Rikako was moving south, though, you think.
>You're not sure.

> Boot up the laptop
> Change directory to where the chart showing positions and ambient energy
> Examine chart
>You plug in the flash drive and boot up the laptop, before navigating to F://Data
>You scroll through the directory before you find the relevant chart. It's a bar graph showing relative ambient magic readings, though the locations are given in coordinates, rather than names.
>_

« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2018, 05:25:39 AM »
//Could we try bending the border of luck to figure out the password?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2018, 05:55:59 AM »
> Did we ever take calculus in university?
> Examine coordinates, are there 2 values or just one? (Like an X and a Y?)
> Find the minimum of the graph

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2018, 06:21:48 AM »
//Perhaps not. We've never practiced or even used it before. I expect there to be some sort of protection or such for if a password is incorrect.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2018, 07:26:08 PM »
> Did we ever take calculus in university?
> Examine coordinates, are there 2 values or just one? (Like an X and a Y?)
> Find the minimum of the graph
>Yes.
>They're latitude and longitude coordinates.
>You locate the lowest bar.
>_

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2018, 04:19:07 AM »
> "Alright I think I've got an idea on possible location, look at this Renko"
> Show Renko the graph and minimum
> "Hey, maybe your ability has gotten stronger, can you tell tell the location of these coordinates?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2018, 12:29:43 AM »
> "Alright I think I've got an idea on possible location, look at this Renko"
> Show Renko the graph and minimum
> "Hey, maybe your ability has gotten stronger, can you tell tell the location of these coordinates?"
>Renko shakes her head, "Not without a photograph or a view of the night sky. Sorry..."
>_

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #289 on: September 23, 2018, 07:47:15 AM »
> Is it day or night outside now?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #290 on: September 23, 2018, 07:38:17 PM »
> Is it day or night outside now?
>It's definitely morning still.
>_

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #291 on: September 23, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »
> "We might have to wait a bit then, however let's start by going to the human village, we might also find a map there"
> Think of an area on the outskirts of the human village and open a gap there

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
> "We might have to wait a bit then, however let's start by going to the human village, we might also find a map there"
> Think of an area on the outskirts of the human village and open a gap there
>You open a gap.
>"Alright." Renko nods.
>_

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #293 on: September 25, 2018, 06:16:18 AM »
> Stick some object through the gap to make sure it's safe
> If so proceed to the human village outskirts

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #294 on: September 25, 2018, 03:34:18 PM »
> Stick some object through the gap to make sure it's safe
> If so proceed to the human village outskirts
>You have no sufficiently long objects readily available, unless you intend to use your arm.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2018, 12:05:29 AM »
//Well, I'll go along behind you Tom, as I've really just... died from the huge gap.
> Head in.

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2018, 04:02:39 AM »
// Excellent idea to check out potential coordinates in the flash-drive! However there are some related issues and reminders.
//" Gensokyo Map and Mapping" sounds like a nice Quest to add but there are likely to be only minor and very limited number of maps in the Human Village,Suzuunan Library included.It is still useful to visit it fairly soon for that, and intersting/weird news and event.
//No maps at the Yakumos and Netherworld... The Tengu Village is likely to have the best ones overall( Yamabushi Tengu and Daitengu ) and it is good to look into acquiring one if the chance arises but with as little exposition as possible(especially for Renko on parole,but also Maribel while Gapping) ; for now it is too far out up in a semi-isolationist area of Youkai Mountain even with the Moriya Shrine Cable Car , not enough leverage and connections (Yukari/Yakumos already justly  denied helping to that extent for training )...
//So far the best mapping and research chances in general and about magically-strong and weak location are at the SDM Library,at least for acceptable partial one(s).
// Sooner or later we are bound to run into  one and then multiple " people" to be on the look-out and back-upped for : Rikako,Rika(unrevealed),their drones,Chiyuri(blackmailed until we free hostage Yumemi ) on the prowl for the flash-drive and finder-keeper.
//Maribel and Renko interacted with Rikako,who found out that area to be lesser polluted (without mentioning magic) but not clean enough,and when she left(South) they found that one close by Rengenteki and Rin (and formerly Layla) recently re-inhabited, re-settling home ( the larger one,not Rengeteki's refuge in the Forest of Magic) by the same "Ringeteki" ( Rin and Rengeteki).
//Not only Maribel and Renko need  to act oblivious, not suspicious and aware enough around them to possibly garner (mostly)scot-free info/directions/details but they also need to warn  " Ringeteki"  to do so since they are already involved to some extent and are going to be so anyway.
//Rikako's route to the secret base and sites goes South from there, investigation/trailing before it gets too cold is a must.

>Before heading in , gently grasp one of  Renko's wrist and whisper : "We have to be careful by leaving the flash-drive here in a safe place and act totally oblivious about it,except the general knowledge of the device, since Rikako,her associate,including that poor blackmailed Chiyuri because of her  professor being an hostage, must have realized it missing and are looking out for it personally and with drones".
>"So Rengeteki and Rin should be warned as well fairly soon ,so our trip here should be brief or even postponed and we should make a longer  one later ,if you agree,since our interaction with Rikako,her research for "low magic-polluted area",her losing of that piece were close to their new,well old and new, home".
>Head in first,then poke our head out just enough to have a look around in every direction.
>Retreat if there's anything or anyone potentially dangerous/troublesome.

// If Renko,and any of us, agrees without any reasonable objection,I strongly advise to briefly check the outskirts here ,go to "Ringeteki's"  and only come back to the Human Village when the business there is settled.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:46:01 AM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2018, 05:51:51 AM »
(//)> Actually, potentially scratch the Human Village for maps entirely. Why don't we just ask Yukari for a map?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »
// I think we have asked Yukari enough