Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6  (Read 5799 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« on: March 07, 2018, 05:16:46 am »
RECAP FOR NEWCOMERS:


>You are Maribel Hearn.

>You are 19 years old, and was a student in a university in Kyoto, Japan. You are not like most humans, you possess the power to see and manipulate boundaries, and that power is growing quickly over the years. Over time you have learned to create tears in boundaries, and, just recently, you learned how to create gaps, which are like tears, except far more stable and easier to maintain.

>Several days ago, you and your best friend, Renko Usami, finally entered Gensokyo. During your stay, you learned to (somewhat) fly and shoot danmaku. There was also an incident involving Renko, a shrine maiden named Reimu Hakurei, and an archangel by the name of Sariel, that left Reimu severely injured, and Renko facing pending judgement. However, there were a couple of good things that came out of this as well... You managed to find Renko's long-lost sister: Sumireko Usami. And you and Renko confessed your love for each other. This happiness was short, as you were sent home by Yukari Yakumo, a youkai you befriended during your visit, due to something about your powers developing.

>Two days ago, you returned to Gensokyo against Yukari's wishes. You soon reunited with Renko, and witnessed Sumireko awaken from her coma. Unfortunately, Sumireko didn't seem entirely right in the head, and she escaped, injuring a rabbit by the name of Reisen in the process. You wanted to pursue her, but were stopped by Yukari, who sent you back to the outside world,  promising to resolve the issue. When you were outside the barrier, a youkai by the name of YuugenMagan approached you, having slipped undetected through Yukari's gap. Together, the two of you went through Makai and returned to Gensokyo, where you began to search for Sumireko on your own. Along the way you met up with Marisa Kirisame and Renko. And met a lonely youkai named Rengeteki, whom you promised to come back for. You met with Yukari again soon after, who revealed that she was your mother, and has only been acting in what she sees as your best interests. She then let you go, and your group, escorted by a cat youkai named Chen, and sans Marisa, soon found Sumireko. Whom YuugenMagan promptly possessed, revealing her true motives. She then revealed that Sumireko was fused with an angel, whose name you later learned was Matenshi, and then used her powers to destroy Sariel and her counterpart, Uriel. After getting Sumireko and Matenshi to resist YuugenMagan's influence, you destroyed her, freeing them from her control.

>You, Renko, Sumireko (And Matenshi, by extension.), and Chen were then called by Yukari to the Netherworld, where you met her friend Yuyuko and her servant, Youmu. After a large dinner, you discussed with Yukari about deciding to become a youkai. You decided that you will stay in Gensokyo long enough to find a way to separate Sumireko and Matenshi, and then leave to allow your powers to mature in the outside world. You then all went to Yukari's home, where you and Renko fell asleep for the night....

>You had a nightmare involving YuugenMagan. You then noticed visuals of her in the morning, but you and Renko dismissed this as the nightmare still affecting you. You then read the newspaper and learned of an incident involving the kidnapping of young women from the human village overnight.

>You then went to the Scarlet Devil Mansion to look for a solution to Sumireko and Matenshi's problem. Encountering the fairy, Cirno, and her friends along the way. After a brief interaction, you continued to the mansion, where you met with Patchouli knowledge, who told you of a book that may or may not help with the problem.

>You then went to Marisa's house and retrieved the book in question from her. There, you also met Mima. You considered having yourself and Renko become apprentices under Mima, but you have yet to make a decision on this.

>You then went to check on Rengeteki, whom you learned was being targeted by someone from her past, and that her house had been ransacked in an attempt to find her. You also highly suspect a link between this and the incident from the paper, as Rengeteki said soothing music was present. After calming her down, you took her to Eientei to see if anything could be done about injuries she received long ago. Unfortunately, the medical examination hurt her, making her afraid to continue.

>In Eientei, you also met Sanae Kochiya, whom you quickly befriended. You decided to help her investigate the incident. You then briefly went to her shrine, where you met her "family". There, you also learned that Koishi's family is worried about her.

>Afterwards, you and your group went to the Misty Lake to find the home of a group known as the Prismrivers, who are suspected to be possible witnesses of Rengeteki's house being ransacked. After a brief run-in with Cirno's group, you located the mansion. While you were visiting, Renko was abducted by two of the Prismrivers, and you and Sanae managed to beat the third one, Lyrica, whom you sent to the netherworld for her own safety after a brief interrogation.

>In your efforts to find Renko, Rengeteki led you to a cave, where you met Layla Prismriver, the mastermind behind the current incident and the attacks on Rengeteki. After a conflict, you learned that Rin Satsuki, Rengeteki's lost love, is still alive. With Alice's help, you managed to get Rin a more stable body. However, despite all of this, Layla got away, and wiped the memory of her sisters.

>You then briefly tracked down Rin's old home, where she was able to salvage a few belongings. In the process, you met Rikako Asakura, who was studying the area. She also dropped a flash drive as she was leaving, which you intend to return to her the next time you meet.

>After parting ways with Rengeteki and Rin, you, with Renko's help, tracked Koishi's location to the Myouren Temple, where you met Kyouko Kasodani and promised to watch her concert with Mystia at midnight. You also met Byakuren Hijiri, who informed you that Koishi was meditating and did not wish to be disturbed. Utsuho Reiuji, a member of Koishi's family, showed up a few minutes later, and after a brief non-violent conflict, agreed to wait with you.

>During your stay in the temple, you learned of a rumored youkai sighted in the mountains near the Hakurei Shrine that could possibly help with Sumireko and Matenshi's situation, as well as help you determine whether or not YuugenMagan is still alive.

>You then investigated the area in question, with the oni Suika Ibuki tagging along, and met ShinGyoku, the youkai of the rumors. You then ventured into a blocked off cavern and ended up in Jigoku, a long abandoned section of hell. In here, you met Kikuri, a youkai trapped within a giant bronze disc, as well as Konngara, a friend of ShinGyoku and Kikuri's master. Konngara was also tending to an crippled human named Meira, whom you never really interacted with.

>During your brief stay down there, you learned that Rumia and Kikuri were once lovers, and that Konngara was the one who sealed her away, due to the actions she took in an attempt to save Kikuri. Eventually, you left to see Mystia and Kyouko perform, but not before unfusing Sumireko and Matenshi with ShinGyoku's assistance.

>After the concert, you and your party spent the night in the Myouren Temple, where you had another nightmare, or rather a memory, involving YuugenMagan, which seemed to imply she and Rumia had worked together in the past, before the latter was sealed.

>After finding Koishi in the morning, you went to her home in the Underground, where you met her sister and watched as they reconnected with each other. You then helped Koishi return Kokoro's mask and start a friendship with her. After sending them off to Koishi's home, you went to check on Rengeteki and Rin, where you received a letter from Yukari asking you to go on a grocery run.

>Later, at the human village, you ran into a girl named Chiyuri, who seemed to be in distress. After learning some minimal information from her, you went somewhere private and plugged Rikako Asakura's flash drive into your laptop. It was then you uncovered a plot to destroy magic. You quickly informed Yukari, but she didn't seem particularly concerned about it, to your utter annoyance.

>After returning to Yukari's home, you decide to take the rest of the evening to rest. After a night of experimenting with your powers, and one nightmare interrupted sleep, you find yourself still in Yukari's house, trying to deal with an owl that you (indirectly) nearly killed the night before.

For those wishing for a more in-depth reading than the summary above, the previous parts will be linked below:
Act I: 1, 2
Act II: 1, 2, 3
Act III: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6!? (You are here)


>INVENTORY:

 >Black and White Shirt (equipped)
 >>A shirt obtained in Makai. It's a little too small. It feels tight around your chest.

 >Black Skirt (equipped)
 >>A skirt obtained in Makai.

 >Hat (equipped)
 >>A white cap that you wear almost all the time.

 >Satchel (capacity: 18/20 units)
 >>A bag for carrying items. Has a limited carrying capacity.
 
  >Experimental Paper (0.5 units)
  >>A crumpled up ball of paper you experiment on.

  >Coin Pouch (2 units)
  >>A bag filled with coins from Makai. You gave some of them to Kagerou.
  >>Contains one indigo coin, three cyan coins, five orange coins, and one red coin.

  >Burnt Photo (0.5 units)
  >>A picture found in the Prismriver mansion, it depicts the four Prismrivers, except Layla has her head and upper body burned off.

  >Clothes (8 units)
  >>Your signature outfit, a purple and white dress with a black belt.

  >Cloak (4 units)
  >>A grey cloak with a hood you obtained in Makai.

  >Notebook (1 unit)
  >>A blank notebook you can easily tear the pages out of.

  >Pen (1 unit)
  >>A writing utensil.

  >Flash Drive (0 units)
  >>A flash drive that you believe belongs to Rikako Asakura. It's labelled "Personal Files." You could probably access it with a computer or laptop, but would you want to?

  >文57 (1 units)
  >>Cash on hand. 


>QUESTS: MENTAL NOTES:
  >[COMPLETE] You were forced to leave without Renko. You resolved to return. Now you've returned to Gensokyo and reunited with Renko.
  >[COMPLETE] Did ya get that thing I sent ya?: You've repaid Kagerou for her assistance in finding Renko.
  >[COMPLETE] You told Rengeteki you would come back and "help her no matter what." And intend to follow up on this. You recently discovered she is being targeted by someone from her past. After a brief conflict, you resolved an incident and managed to reunite Rengeteki with her long lost love.
  >[COMPLETE] Two's a crowd: You separated Sumireko and Matenshi.
  >[COMPLETE] Koishi and her sister (The now-open-eyed Koishi feels very uneasy about meeting with her sister Satori. We promised to come with her as moral support.)
  >You never knew what Sumireko was doing in Gensokyo. You would like to investigate this further.
  >You wanted to find out if Yukari could be your mother, and if she wasn't, then you wanted to ask if she knows her whereabouts. Since then, you have learned that Yukari is indeed your mother, but that still leaves some questions unanswered.
  >Judgement: Explain things to Reimu, Mamizou, and Marisa, hopefully having them understand. Enlisting Yukari's help would be really great for this.
  >You recall wanting to ask Alice about the Marisa doll in her cellar...
  >You want to eventually attempt to make the largest gap that you can, so that you can get more information about your power growth and report it to Yukari.
  >You want to go to Kourindou eventually.
  >YuugenMagan's shade ( A faint remains of this incorporeal betrayer still reside within us, tormenting us with strange and creepy dreams and sometimes even briefly taking control over our body. We need to come on terms with her or find a way to exorcise her completely.)
  >Rumia & Kikuri matters (Rumia's friend Kikuri is trapped within arifact known as "Hell moon", while Rumia herself went berserk from loss but was stopped and had most of her power and memory sealed to prevent relapse. We were touched by this story and decided to help them both.)
  >Rikako's flash drive - You've read it and uncovered a shocking plot! You should probably put a stop to it...
  >Finding Layla - You think you should find Layla Prismriver again to convince her to drop her current life and move on to a better future like Rengeteki and Koishi did, as well as convince her to destroy or at least sever the link between the Baton and her sisters.
  >Patterns for Dummies - You wish to improve your danmaku skills
  >You want to retrieve some embarrassing pictures of you and Renko from Aya...
  >You have not added anything else.


>ACTIVE GAPS
 >Left of the owl <-> Yukari's front yard
 >Right of the owl <-> Yukari's front yard
 >Behind the owl <-> Yukari's front yard
 >In front of the owl <-> Yukari's front yard
 >Above the owl <-> Yukari's front yard


Merry 2:

>Back up and undo the gaps.
>You do so. You feel your energy return to you.
>The owl is just sitting there, bobbing its head and looking at you.

>Check on the owls wounds now.
>They're healed it seems.
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 05:46:46 am »
>Locate the door visually from here.
>"Uh..."
>Point and motion towards there.
>"You can leave?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 08:29:40 am »
>Locate the door visually from here.
>"Uh..."
>Point and motion towards there.
>"You can leave?"
>The owl turns its head completely around and then turns it back to you.
>It hoots and tilts its head.
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 08:41:43 am »
>Ponder boundaries again...
>Try to locate a boundary between language. Be it Human and Animal, or understandable and not-understandable.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 08:47:05 am »
>Ponder boundaries again...
>Try to locate a boundary between language. Be it Human and Animal, or understandable and not-understandable.
>Both of those boundaries are valid.
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 08:51:40 am »
>Try the latter, towards understandable.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 09:23:40 am »
>Try the latter, towards understandable.
>For you or the owl?
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 05:24:46 pm »
>"Hello?"
>The owl tilts its head and hoots a couple times, however, your mind seems to translate it.
>"Are you going to trick me again tiny-but-now-large-person?"

>"D-Did the bird just talk!?" Chen asks.
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 05:28:37 pm »
>"Ah! I can understand you. I'm really sorry about that weird fiasco! It wasn't meant to happen!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 03:57:31 am »
>"Ah! I can understand you. I'm really sorry about that weird fiasco! It wasn't meant to happen!"
>The owl hoots. You understand it as "So you meant to stay small and be food...?"
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 04:05:10 am »
>"No. I didn't mean to look like food at all."

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 04:12:38 am »
>"No. I didn't mean to look like food at all."
>The owl turns its head sideways, "Eh...?"

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 04:23:24 am »
>"Why would I want to be eaten? How would that benefit me?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 04:27:43 am »
>"Why would I want to be eaten? How would that benefit me?"
>"Um... Because if you get eaten, the stronger food related to you gets to live and make more food, while if they get eaten instead you might die before you have a chance to make more food?"
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 04:32:23 am »
>"Uh huh... Well instead of that I can grow my own food and feed them with that instead. But anyways, you can leave now. I won't do another trick unprovoked, and you can get back to nature."

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 04:35:09 am »
>"Uh huh... Well instead of that I can grow my own food and feed them with that instead. But anyways, you can leave now. I won't do another trick unprovoked, and you can get back to nature."
>"You grow food!?!" The owl does a silly looking hop in place.
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 04:36:55 am »
>"We people can do a lot of incredible things. One of the simpler things is using the seeds of certain previous food to, over time and with the right conditions, grow more of that food."

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2018, 04:39:15 am »
>"We people can do a lot of incredible things. One of the simpler things is using the seeds of certain previous food to, over time and with the right conditions, grow more of that food."
>"Oooooh... Do you have any mouse seeds?" the owl tilts its head, "The stupid cats keep eating them all and leave none for me..."
>"I'm standing right here..." Chen frowns.
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 04:43:10 am »
>We're Merry 2, correct? The original is still in bed with Renko?
>"Certain foods. Unfortunately, meat and creatures usually aren't included in that. Though, if you cooperate with me, we might be able to get you something... What do you normally eat?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2018, 04:49:11 am »
>We're Merry 2, correct? The original is still in bed with Renko?
>"Certain foods. Unfortunately, meat and creatures usually aren't included in that. Though, if you cooperate with me, we might be able to get you something... What do you normally eat?"
>Correct.
>"Mice and rats, sometimes a rabbit or sparrow if I'm lucky. Though it's been so long that I'll try anything easy enough to catch."
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 04:51:15 am »
>Turn to one of the humans. Or, well, humanoids.
>"Could I have some meat? Just a bit?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 04:51:47 am »
>Turn to one of the humans. Or, well, humanoids.
>"Could I have some meat? Just a bit?"
>"Human or nonhuman?" Yukari asks nonchalantly.
>_
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:20:52 am by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 11:05:19 am »
>Blink.
>"Nonhuman, please..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 04:03:30 pm »
>Blink.
>You blink. Did she really just--
>"I'm kidding." Yukari smirks slightly.

>"Nonhuman, please..."
>"Chen, fetch some meat please."
>"Fish or beef?" Chen asks
>"What's a fish? Or a beef?" The owl tilts its head.
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 05:35:55 pm »
>"Fish is an animal that swims in water. Beef is usually land based."

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
  • Nickname: Nazgul
  • Gender: Yes
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT III - Part 6
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 05:49:29 pm »
>"Fish is an animal that swims in water. Beef is usually land based."
>"Oh...."
>_

Neovereign

  • Greatest Fairy
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Mini
  • Gender: Male
 

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.