Topic: Visionary Fairies in Shrine latest chapter discussion  (Read 3169 times)

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
  • LOOK AT ME
Re: Visionary Fairies in Shrine latest chapter discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 12:21:37 am »
I also feel this is the fate Eiki warned Cirno about during PoFV.  "Even nature itself may die."  Though why dead fairies would leave the same remains as dead evil spirits is weird.  As for Clownpiece being responsible, it's quite likely since she's the one with the link to hell and had been taught about life energy by Eternity.  But Narumi also is suspect because this is something she specifically brings up in HSiFS.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
  • Nickname: Fishy dude
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 12:37:45 am »
Hm, there was an instance where the Shrine's cherry trees didn't bloom because the fairies that would normally be there left cuz they got scared off by Clownpiece ; and there was also a time where it was shown that there seems to be a compatibility kinda thing involved when it comes to fairies choosing their homes, such as Clownpiece not being able to pick plants in general or the temple being quite fairy unfriendly cuz attachment to life isn't the thing over there.

Considering all of that, regarding the latest chapter 12, while fairies getting crystallized seems to be an interesting possibility, personally, I find that rather bizarre : cherry stones are crystallized souls, as was mentionned in WaHH, and fairies are essentially lifeforce on two legs rather than ghosts or spirits : I find it pretty unlikely that they, whose beings are mainly lifeforce, would suddenly end up in the final state of spirits & ghosts, who aren't even alive to begin with. Besides, since the state of fairies and nature are intimately bound, it would make sense that nature itself would transform ALONG with the fairies, were they to get crystallized. Unless the following chapter introduces metaphysics that go along those lines, but that seems unlikely to me.

Personally, my view is that this is something that might be related to the compatibility thingy : like, maybe the fairies had some issues with the cherry stones that were obviously placed near their homes, and them leaving those places is what lead to lifeforce waning in general, just like the case with the Hakurei shrine cherry trees not blooming.

PK

• Border of Whatever
  • Nickname: Night Bird
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2018, 01:56:44 am »
If fairies are alive, they probably have souls. And with their immortality becoming questionable (Narumi says she can destroy a fairy completely, and Cirno got warned twice about a fairy having more power than they can hold), if they die they might become those things. Maybe Piece used her torch to overcharge the fairies for some reason, and this made them perish or caused whatever Okina and Eiki were talking about to happen.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.