Author Topic: Custom dialogue patch?  (Read 6238 times)

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
Custom dialogue patch?
« on: February 13, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »
I'm looking into making a sorta troll patch, but I don't know where to start.

I've tried looking for tutorials, but I can't really find anything. Is there anyone who can help me?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Custom dialogue patch?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:18:19 PM »
I'm looking into making a sorta troll patch, but I don't know where to start.

I've tried looking for tutorials, but I can't really find anything. Is there anyone who can help me?
For which game? Fan game? Official game? Have you tried contacting the people who made already translation patches?

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:14:40 PM »
For which game? Fan game? Official game? Have you tried contacting the people who made already translation patches?

The official games, mainly SA, but any other is fine.
I haven't thought about that, it might a good idea.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:24:25 AM »
Touhou Patch Center has a section for troll translations so you could contribute to that. You should be able to find everything you need there.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:26:05 AM by niektory »

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 06:12:57 PM »
Touhou Patch Center has a section for troll translations so you could contribute to that. You should be able to find everything you need there.
We can also add a new "language" for your troll translations on Touhou Patch Center if you prefer.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 01:26:54 AM »
We can also add a new "language" for your troll translations on Touhou Patch Center if you prefer.

Would it be possible to make a patch that's not accessible to the public? The one I'd like to make is for a friend.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 07:50:22 AM »
Well, here, it becomes a bit harder. I think the easiest way is to edit our standalone patches.
- Download the standalone patch: https://www.thpatch.net/wiki/Standalone_Patches
- Extract it in your game's directory
- In the thcrap directory, remove thcrap_update.dll (otherwise update to the English translations on Touhou Patch Center would overwrite your troll translations).
- In the thcrap\thpatch\lang_en\th11 directory, you have a lot of files. Play with them. All the stXX_XXX.msg.jdiff contains the dialogs. The eXX.msg.jdiff files contains the endings. You also have the BGM names in thcrap\thpatch\lang_en\themes.js
- When you changed something, run th11 (thpatch-en).exe to test it
- When your patch is ready, send th11 (thpatch-en).exe, th11 custom (thpatch-en).exe and the thcrap directory to your friend.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »
Thank you so much, this was a great help!  :D