Author Topic: Another split-screen vertical danmaku shooting game in Touhou 17/18  (Read 4416 times)

Hi everyone, I really loved the mechanics of Touhou 9, do you think that Zun will do a Touhou like that again with this mechanics but even more developed, more strategy, with practically all the characters of Touhou .

Else, what do you think there will be in Touhou 17 and will it be the same mechanism as Phantasmagoria of Flower View?

CyberAngel

• Retired
Re: Another split-screen vertical danmaku shooting game in Touhou 17/18
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:53:23 PM »
No. Both times this gameplay style showed up it was just an experiment at the time when he was unsure where to go with the franchise. IIRC someone asked him this question recently (again) and he said he's not interested in such experiments anymore.

Also, this quetion has been surfacing after each main game coming out, and it's turning into a meme not unlike "Mima's return" already. Please show some respect to actual fans of those games.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:03:05 PM »
Ah,so it's dead, it was good for me xD

Ah i forgot,

when Mima will appear ;D

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 09:00:09 PM »
Even though the Phantasmagoria-style game is unlikely to come out, but I still hope for a phantasmagoria that's continuously updated to include the new characters, similar to how ZUN wanted to update StB and DS whenever new characters came out, but never did.

It would be interesting how ZUN would implement the new character's abilities into the game. For example, Okina's activation circle and abilities could involve teleporting bullets and enemies. Aunn could duplicate bullets, etc.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 01:30:16 AM »
I'm surprised there's no doujin/fanmade Phantasmagoria game, considering the number of fanmade shmups that we have.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD