~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments

My Danmakufu scripts by JDude :P

(1/11) > >>

JDude :3:
This is a list of all my scripts that I made on the years ^^
 :D I hope you'll enjoy it ! :D

I'd love to see feedback, so don't hold anything, I want the pure truth about my scripts.

First "Era"

* Mamizou _V1 [Mediafire]
* Mamizou _V2 [Mediafire]
* My LoCAA entry [Mediafire]
* CoSC [Mediafire]
* CoSC V2 [Mediafire]
* Mamizou 2.0 [Mediafire]
Second "Era"

* Satori Boss Fight by JDude
* Koishi Boss Fight by JDude
* Marisa Boss Fight by JDude
* YATB ~ You Are The Boss! by JDude
* Cirno Boss Fight by JDude
* Doremy Boss Fight by JDude
* Tanuki Stage by JDude
* Remake: The Immaterial Team by JDude
* Remake: The Immaterial Team V2 by JDude
* Yuuka Boss Fight by JDude
Third"Era"

* RaNGE 20 - Alice Boss Fight by JDude

Arcvasti:
Alright, I tried this out. Overall, its OK, allowing for it being your first script.

-There was no player included, so I used Ultima's Reimu, since that's more or less the default[Besides maybe the example Rumia player].
-First off, your script started off throwing errors at me. You removed StellarFX from your script folder, but missed the references to it in the first non spell. It was trivially fixable, but it still shows that you didn't bother to check if your script actually worked before uploading it.
-Your attacks in general[Most notably the first two non-spells] start immediately, without waiting for the boss to reach the proper place. This results in messy looking patterns at the start and means that the player doesn't get a breather after beating an attack.
-It would be nice to have an indicator on the bottom telling you where the boss is, so you don't have to look away from your hitbox to find out where to shoot. Similarly, something indicating that you're in a survival spell would be helpful too.
-All of your attacks, except the survival attack,  have timers of 999. Timers are there for a reason, so that a poor and abused player who gets stuck in the corner for the whole spell can eventually go free. This is only really an issue in the first non spell, for reasons I'll go into below.
-The first non spell takes forever. Mamizou never stops moving around and the bullets herd you away from her. When I changed the timer from 999 to 60 seconds[A reasonable default value], I was not able to beat it before it timed out.
-The frog spell is pretty ridiculous. The concept is cool, but in practice, you end up having to dodge bullets coming from multiple directions while being very close to their spawn points and not knowing which direction the frogs' attacks are going to go. On my first attempt, before I gave myself infinite lives, I didn't make it past this spell. I managed to only lose four lives on my next attempt, through luck and the Reimu hitboxtm. On my third try, I found what seemed to be a safespot a little down and right of the boss, but I still got nailed with a stray bullet with about five seconds left in the spell. For my last try, I used only vertical motions, which mostly seemed to work.... until the pattern changed and I lost my rhythm dodging away from the center.
-The second non-spell is OK, albeit not exciting. I found that its nearly impossible to get hit if you just stick close to the central blue arrow spoke.
-The human spell is probably my favourite out of all of them. The Reimu disguise effect looks great and the spell is fun and not too difficult. My only complaint is that not all the angry human bullets fire when Mamizou is near the edge of the screen.
-The third non-spell is pretty boring, but that's not unusual for Extra boss non-spells
-The dog spell is simple, but good. I'm not sure why Mamizou is still wearing her Reimu disguise though...
-The fourth non-spell is completely harmless since it has no random elements. You can just find a spot neither the red or blue danmaku go and chill there. I actually timed this attack out while reading a book once I'd found the proper safespot.
-The bat spell... exists, I guess. Its not that hard or that interesting. Mamizou is still Reimu for some reason.

The final spell deserves its own section:
-Since the spell starts immediately[As mentioned above], its very easy to die early on since the cut-in hides the bullets.
-The spell itself is pretty good. Despite how simple the circles look, the dodging isn't.
-Its kind of weird that a single spell has three singles. Usually, you just have a task watching for health thresholds and then have it clear bullets and add new patterns when those thresholds are exceeded.
-Mamizou imitating Satori imitating Junko and Hecatia is rather silly, but in a good way.

--- Quote ---There was no player included, so I used Ultima's Reimu, since that's more or less the default[Besides maybe the example Rumia player].
--- End quote ---
Now it's included, Reimu by plasmaflame22(All 3 shot types), Reimu by Mr. Blue, Ultima's Reimu and Practice Player(gt_medicine) for practice purposes.

--- Quote ---but it still shows that you didn't bother to check if your script actually worked before uploading it.
--- End quote ---
I'm sorry if that's the image I accidentally passed, but I was so excited to post it here that I didn't even check for errors.

--- Quote ---Your attacks in general[Most notably the first two non-spells] start immediately, without waiting for the boss to reach the proper place. This results in messy looking patterns at the start and means that the player doesn't get a breather after beating an attack.
--- End quote ---
I added wait() before the tasks.

--- Quote ---It would be nice to have an indicator on the bottom telling you where the boss is, so you don't have to look away from your hitbox to find out where to shoot. Similarly, something indicating that you're in a survival spell would be helpful too.
--- End quote ---
I thought that it was unnecessary, but seeing it now, it really helps. (ADDED)

--- Quote ---All of your attacks, except the survival attack,  have timers of 999. Timers are there for a reason, so that a poor and abused player who gets stuck in the corner for the whole spell can eventually go free. This is only really an issue in the first non spell, for reasons I'll go into below.
--- End quote ---
NonSpells = 40~50, Spells = 60~65, Survival = 60~65

--- Quote ---The first non spell takes forever.
--- End quote ---
Movement and timeout changed.

--- Quote ---The frog spell is pretty ridiculous. The concept is cool, but in practice, you end up having to dodge bullets coming from multiple directions while being very close to their spawn points and not knowing which direction the frogs' attacks are going to go.
--- End quote ---
Got rid of the rng pattern, now is pure micrododging mixed with some macrododging.

--- Quote ---I found that its nearly impossible to get hit if you just stick close to the central blue arrow spoke.
--- End quote ---
ARROW_RED and ARROW_BLUE changed to D_PELLET_RED and D_PELLET_BLUE (for nice colors).

--- Quote ---The third non-spell is pretty boring, but that's not unusual for Extra boss non-spells
--- End quote ---
"Let's crank up the speed!

It's lunatic tiiiime!
Welcome to a world of madness!"

--- Quote ---I'm not sure why Mamizou is still wearing her Reimu disguise though...
--- End quote ---
CHANGED!

--- Quote ---The fourth non-spell is completely harmless since it has no random elements.
--- End quote ---
Now it does...

--- Quote ---Mamizou is still Reimu for some reason.
--- End quote ---
Forgot it... I just Ctrl+C Ctrl+V...

--- Quote ---Since the spell starts immediately[As mentioned above], its very easy to die early on since the cut-in hides the bullets.
--- End quote ---
wait() has been added.

--- Quote ---Usually, you just have a task watching for health thresholds and then have it clear bullets and add new patterns when those thresholds are exceeded.
--- End quote ---
IMO, I think that making it all in one task (or more than 2 tasks) is too messy.

Gregory:
Alright, I just tried your script, and these are some of my advices that can help you do much better:

+Like Arcvasti said, you start the spell pattern so fast that the cutin and effects are still in the screen so you can't pretty much see anything until the effects went away.
+The first non-spell, Mamizou moves way too fast, I can see that to make the bullet patterns looks harder, but with lots of health I can see that I'm very struggling to clear the first non-spell.
+Shouldn't you have to pass the position Mamizou from the first non-spell to move the the middle Suwako and shoot, it's just really weird haha... and the frogs keep shooting behind that make me unprepared. And also survival spell from the first is...well, not fair.
+The Second non-spell, what. And also there's a safe spot right under the moon BG. I literally don't understand the second haha... I can see that (again) you want to make the pattern looks harder but you don't have to make Mamizou "gotta go fast" like that >_>
+The Reimu spell keeps happening with the bullets under the screen like the frogs, but this one looks cool haha.
+ Third non-spell. Junko, but okay.
+ Third spell is cool, I like it, Mamizou-ish, but maybe too dense ?
+ 4th non, pretty CAVE-ish.
+ 4th spell...... Okayyyyyyyyyy.... I will pretend that's a reall bullet, not something else hahaha.
+ It's silly and cute that Mamizou turning into Satori and Satori-zou can use Satori's ability to recollection Junko and Hecatia's spells, that's really awkward and cute at the same time.
+ And as Arcvasti said again, you can use the check threshold of the boss's health and delete all shot type and commence the new pattern, not having 3 spells like that haha

Conclusion:
-Having too denses bullets
-Having lots of health
-Moving too much.

--- Quote from: Gregory on January 09, 2018, 03:02:18 PM ---Alright, I just tried your script, and these are some of my advices that can help you do much better:

+Like Arcvasti said, you start the spell pattern so fast that the cutin and effects are still in the screen so you can't pretty much see anything until the effects went away.
+The first non-spell, Mamizou moves way too fast, I can see that to make the bullet patterns looks harder, but with lots of health I can see that I'm very struggling to clear the first non-spell.
+Shouldn't you have to pass the position Mamizou from the first non-spell to move the the middle Suwako and shoot, it's just really weird haha... and the frogs keep shooting behind that make me unprepared. And also survival spell from the first is...well, not fair.
+The Second non-spell, what. And also there's a safe spot right under the moon BG. I literally don't understand the second haha... I can see that (again) you want to make the pattern looks harder but you don't have to make Mamizou "gotta go fast" like that >_>
+The Reimu spell keeps happening with the bullets under the screen like the frogs, but this one looks cool haha.
+ Third non-spell. Junko, but okay.
+ Third spell is cool, I like it, Mamizou-ish, but maybe too dense ?
+ 4th non, pretty CAVE-ish.
+ 4th spell...... Okayyyyyyyyyy.... I will pretend that's a reall bullet, not something else hahaha.
+ It's silly and cute that Mamizou turning into Satori and Satori-zou can use Satori's ability to recollection Junko and Hecatia's spells, that's really awkward and cute at the same time.
+ And as Arcvasti said again, you can use the check threshold of the boss's health and delete all shot type and commence the new pattern, not having 3 spells like that haha

Conclusion:
-Having too denses bullets
-Having lots of health
-Moving too much.

--- End quote ---

You've played the V1 or the V2?
The V1 is the old one
The V2 is the fixed one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version