Author Topic: My Danmakufu scripts by JDude :P  (Read 17933 times)

JDude :3

• tururu
  • boy with code
My Danmakufu scripts by JDude :P
« on: January 04, 2018, 03:31:55 AM »
This is a list of all my scripts that I made on the years ^^
 :D I hope you'll enjoy it ! :D

I'd love to see feedback, so don't hold anything, I want the pure truth about my scripts.

First "Era"

Second "Era"

Third"Era"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 03:21:30 AM by JDude :3 »
"dnh is hard" - said no one
"dnh is bullshit" - everyone making a creative pattern

Re: My first Danmakufu script by JDude :P
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 03:28:50 AM »
Alright, I tried this out. Overall, its OK, allowing for it being your first script.

-There was no player included, so I used Ultima's Reimu, since that's more or less the default[Besides maybe the example Rumia player].
-First off, your script started off throwing errors at me. You removed StellarFX from your script folder, but missed the references to it in the first non spell. It was trivially fixable, but it still shows that you didn't bother to check if your script actually worked before uploading it.
-Your attacks in general[Most notably the first two non-spells] start immediately, without waiting for the boss to reach the proper place. This results in messy looking patterns at the start and means that the player doesn't get a breather after beating an attack.
-It would be nice to have an indicator on the bottom telling you where the boss is, so you don't have to look away from your hitbox to find out where to shoot. Similarly, something indicating that you're in a survival spell would be helpful too.
-All of your attacks, except the survival attack,  have timers of 999. Timers are there for a reason, so that a poor and abused player who gets stuck in the corner for the whole spell can eventually go free. This is only really an issue in the first non spell, for reasons I'll go into below.
-The first non spell takes forever. Mamizou never stops moving around and the bullets herd you away from her. When I changed the timer from 999 to 60 seconds[A reasonable default value], I was not able to beat it before it timed out.
-The frog spell is pretty ridiculous. The concept is cool, but in practice, you end up having to dodge bullets coming from multiple directions while being very close to their spawn points and not knowing which direction the frogs' attacks are going to go. On my first attempt, before I gave myself infinite lives, I didn't make it past this spell. I managed to only lose four lives on my next attempt, through luck and the Reimu hitboxtm. On my third try, I found what seemed to be a safespot a little down and right of the boss, but I still got nailed with a stray bullet with about five seconds left in the spell. For my last try, I used only vertical motions, which mostly seemed to work.... until the pattern changed and I lost my rhythm dodging away from the center.
-The second non-spell is OK, albeit not exciting. I found that its nearly impossible to get hit if you just stick close to the central blue arrow spoke.
-The human spell is probably my favourite out of all of them. The Reimu disguise effect looks great and the spell is fun and not too difficult. My only complaint is that not all the angry human bullets fire when Mamizou is near the edge of the screen.
-The third non-spell is pretty boring, but that's not unusual for Extra boss non-spells
-The dog spell is simple, but good. I'm not sure why Mamizou is still wearing her Reimu disguise though...
-The fourth non-spell is completely harmless since it has no random elements. You can just find a spot neither the red or blue danmaku go and chill there. I actually timed this attack out while reading a book once I'd found the proper safespot.
-The bat spell... exists, I guess. Its not that hard or that interesting. Mamizou is still Reimu for some reason.

The final spell deserves its own section:
-Since the spell starts immediately[As mentioned above], its very easy to die early on since the cut-in hides the bullets.
-The spell itself is pretty good. Despite how simple the circles look, the dodging isn't.
-Its kind of weird that a single spell has three singles. Usually, you just have a task watching for health thresholds and then have it clear bullets and add new patterns when those thresholds are exceeded.
-Mamizou imitating Satori imitating Junko and Hecatia is rather silly, but in a good way.

• tururu
  • boy with code
Re: My first Danmakufu script by JDude :P
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 01:08:48 PM »
There was no player included, so I used Ultima's Reimu, since that's more or less the default[Besides maybe the example Rumia player].
Now it's included, Reimu by plasmaflame22(All 3 shot types), Reimu by Mr. Blue, Ultima's Reimu and Practice Player(gt_medicine) for practice purposes.

but it still shows that you didn't bother to check if your script actually worked before uploading it.
I'm sorry if that's the image I accidentally passed, but I was so excited to post it here that I didn't even check for errors.

Your attacks in general[Most notably the first two non-spells] start immediately, without waiting for the boss to reach the proper place. This results in messy looking patterns at the start and means that the player doesn't get a breather after beating an attack.
I added wait() before the tasks.

It would be nice to have an indicator on the bottom telling you where the boss is, so you don't have to look away from your hitbox to find out where to shoot. Similarly, something indicating that you're in a survival spell would be helpful too.
I thought that it was unnecessary, but seeing it now, it really helps. (ADDED)

All of your attacks, except the survival attack,  have timers of 999. Timers are there for a reason, so that a poor and abused player who gets stuck in the corner for the whole spell can eventually go free. This is only really an issue in the first non spell, for reasons I'll go into below.
NonSpells = 40~50, Spells = 60~65, Survival = 60~65

The first non spell takes forever.
Movement and timeout changed.

The frog spell is pretty ridiculous. The concept is cool, but in practice, you end up having to dodge bullets coming from multiple directions while being very close to their spawn points and not knowing which direction the frogs' attacks are going to go.
Got rid of the rng pattern, now is pure micrododging mixed with some macrododging.

I found that its nearly impossible to get hit if you just stick close to the central blue arrow spoke.
ARROW_RED and ARROW_BLUE changed to D_PELLET_RED and D_PELLET_BLUE (for nice colors).

The third non-spell is pretty boring, but that's not unusual for Extra boss non-spells
"Let's crank up the speed!

It's lunatic tiiiime!
Welcome to a world of madness!"

I'm not sure why Mamizou is still wearing her Reimu disguise though...
CHANGED!

The fourth non-spell is completely harmless since it has no random elements.
Now it does...

Mamizou is still Reimu for some reason.
Forgot it... I just Ctrl+C Ctrl+V...

Since the spell starts immediately[As mentioned above], its very easy to die early on since the cut-in hides the bullets.
wait() has been added.

Usually, you just have a task watching for health thresholds and then have it clear bullets and add new patterns when those thresholds are exceeded.
IMO, I think that making it all in one task (or more than 2 tasks) is too messy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:18:05 PM by jao »

Gregory

• I draw stuffs
Re: My Danmakufu scripts by JDude :P
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:02:18 PM »
Alright, I just tried your script, and these are some of my advices that can help you do much better:

+Like Arcvasti said, you start the spell pattern so fast that the cutin and effects are still in the screen so you can't pretty much see anything until the effects went away.
+The first non-spell, Mamizou moves way too fast, I can see that to make the bullet patterns looks harder, but with lots of health I can see that I'm very struggling to clear the first non-spell.
+Shouldn't you have to pass the position Mamizou from the first non-spell to move the the middle Suwako and shoot, it's just really weird haha... and the frogs keep shooting behind that make me unprepared. And also survival spell from the first is...well, not fair.
+The Second non-spell, what. And also there's a safe spot right under the moon BG. I literally don't understand the second haha... I can see that (again) you want to make the pattern looks harder but you don't have to make Mamizou "gotta go fast" like that >_>
+The Reimu spell keeps happening with the bullets under the screen like the frogs, but this one looks cool haha.
+ Third non-spell. Junko, but okay.
+ Third spell is cool, I like it, Mamizou-ish, but maybe too dense ?
+ 4th non, pretty CAVE-ish.
+ 4th spell...... Okayyyyyyyyyy.... I will pretend that's a reall bullet, not something else hahaha.
+ It's silly and cute that Mamizou turning into Satori and Satori-zou can use Satori's ability to recollection Junko and Hecatia's spells, that's really awkward and cute at the same time.
+ And as Arcvasti said again, you can use the check threshold of the boss's health and delete all shot type and commence the new pattern, not having 3 spells like that haha

Conclusion:
-Having too denses bullets
-Having lots of health
-Moving too much.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:06:48 PM by Gregory »

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 11:34:05 PM »
Alright, I just tried your script, and these are some of my advices that can help you do much better:

+Like Arcvasti said, you start the spell pattern so fast that the cutin and effects are still in the screen so you can't pretty much see anything until the effects went away.
+The first non-spell, Mamizou moves way too fast, I can see that to make the bullet patterns looks harder, but with lots of health I can see that I'm very struggling to clear the first non-spell.
+Shouldn't you have to pass the position Mamizou from the first non-spell to move the the middle Suwako and shoot, it's just really weird haha... and the frogs keep shooting behind that make me unprepared. And also survival spell from the first is...well, not fair.
+The Second non-spell, what. And also there's a safe spot right under the moon BG. I literally don't understand the second haha... I can see that (again) you want to make the pattern looks harder but you don't have to make Mamizou "gotta go fast" like that >_>
+The Reimu spell keeps happening with the bullets under the screen like the frogs, but this one looks cool haha.
+ Third non-spell. Junko, but okay.
+ Third spell is cool, I like it, Mamizou-ish, but maybe too dense ?
+ 4th non, pretty CAVE-ish.
+ 4th spell...... Okayyyyyyyyyy.... I will pretend that's a reall bullet, not something else hahaha.
+ It's silly and cute that Mamizou turning into Satori and Satori-zou can use Satori's ability to recollection Junko and Hecatia's spells, that's really awkward and cute at the same time.
+ And as Arcvasti said again, you can use the check threshold of the boss's health and delete all shot type and commence the new pattern, not having 3 spells like that haha

Conclusion:
-Having too denses bullets
-Having lots of health
-Moving too much.

You've played the V1 or the V2?
The V1 is the old one
The V2 is the fixed one

Gregory

• I draw stuffs
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 04:04:41 AM »
You've played the V1 or the V2?
The V1 is the old one
The V2 is the fixed one

I played the V2 haha

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 09:16:34 PM »
My LoCAA 11 Entry!!

It took me 3 weeks to make this, improve my skills and create better patterns...
I want that everyone be 100% honest about my script, and don't hold back anything  :blush:

The Immaterial Team by JDude

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 05:55:37 AM »
Played through it a few times and I think I've got a good handle on it.

General Comments:
-You've definitely improved a fair bit since your Mamizou script. This is a pretty solid, if still kind of basic, script.
-First off, your non spell background is generally pretty good[If you made it yourself, then its better then anything I can do], but the red gridlines can make it a little hard to see the red bullets that both Doremy and Reisen prefer. Its not usually a big deal, but the red could probably stand to be toned down a little bit. The spell background is kind of in the same boat, where the gridlines can occasionally occlude your view of the bullets.
-Your pause script menu is still in Japanese, even though your win/loss script menu is translated. Not a big deal, especially not for someone like me who knows the options by heart, but translating the pause menu adds more polish.
-I like the general layout of the "System" stuff[E.G., the display for points, graze, title of the script, blue starry background]. Its unique without being distractingly flashy.
-I'm not really sure why you included three players, especially since Mr. Blue's Reimu and Ultima's Reimu are pretty similar. I can see how Medicine's infinite lives would be useful for testing, but I don't know if its a good option for playing through the script in survival mode. If it matters, I mostly went with Ultima's Reimu.
-You didn't make much use of the Perfect Possession mechanic, namely by having the bosses switch places during attacks instead of in-between them. That's perfectly fine, especially since this is still one of your early scripts, but it might be something to consider playing with in the weeks remaining before the contest deadline.
-The music loop point is kind of abrupt, although you'll only notice it if you have the script open in another tab while doing something else, since the script is short enough that it won't loop during it.

Now on to more detailed feedback:

Non Spell 1[Doremy]:
-Overall, its OK. The big fixed bullets are made relevant because you might have to weave between them to avoid the small random bullets. Basic, but serviceable.

Spell 1[Doremy]:
-This is probably my favorite spell.
-The basic concept's been done before, but its still fairly well executed. If you were anyone besides Reimu, the allowed dodging area would be too small, but you're using Reimu.

Non Spell 2[Reisen]:
-Once again, its OK. Its harder then the previous non spell because of how tight the dodges are, but its still not difficult once you get into the rhythm.

Spell 2[Reisen]:
-This is my least favorite pattern.
-I get the basic concept: The bullet lines drive you into a corner and you have to play Frogger with them in order to not die/damage the boss.
-The problem is that the bullet lines simply move too fast to dodge consistently. I never managed to capture this one despite a couple dozen attempts.
-Move the bullet speed down and maybe introduce a new sub pattern and it'd be a solid spell.

Non Spell 3[Doremy]:
-I like this non spell the most, although its still pretty basic. It seems like it would be well suited to an Extra boss's first couple non spells.

Spell 3[Doremy]:
-This is pretty cool, but also quite hard.
-I did capture it, but it took a few tries, so I'd say its at a reasonable difficulty.
-The first time through, I freaked out because I thought the dark blue bullets would hurt me and ran smack into the red ones. Maybe make it slightly clearer that they won't hurt you, like by making them slightly transparent?
-Sometimes bullets from this attack will linger into the next attack instead of being properly deleted, which seems like a bug to me.

Non Spell 4[Reisen]:
-Its the hardest non spell while still being fair. Good pattern, overall.
-Only complaint is that it comes right on the heels of the last spell and both of them involve similar bullets bouncing off the wall. It could maybe stand to be swapped with Reisen's first non spell, although it isn't really a big deal either way.

Spell 4[Reisen]:
-This spell is literally just "Move back and forth repeatedly"
-Not that that's necessarily a bad pattern, just not the most exciting.
-Presumably the point of the spell is that you get into your rhythm and then you see an empty space in the bullets, think that the pattern is changing and lose your rhythm. It almost got me the first time through and probably would have if the title hadn't clued me in.
-Its probably unintentional, but its pretty neat that the proper rhythm to dodge the bullets aligns almost perfectly with the beat of the background music.

Final Spell[Reisen?]:
-Its overall a good spell, although its very hard to get right on your first try.
-It could be made more clear that the bullet lines set up above your position, maybe by a warning laser or something.
-I'm not really sure who's actually working this spellcard behind the scenes. The bullets suggest Reisen, but the title implies Doremy.

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 11:25:48 AM »
Thank you for your feedback, and here are my reponses:

- Yes, I totally feel that I improve a lot, because I think since my script is going to be judged in a contest that I enter because I wanted; I can't make a bad/lazy script. (of course)
- I made myself both bg using some images from LoLK and StB (just putting layers, mixing layers and modifing them), it's basic but is the best choice for a starter like me :3
- I didn't have the problem of the lines blending the bullets, even though spell bg has a raging pink moon.
- For me, none of the situations are translated, which is weird...maybe it's your default_system that makes you see it translated.
- I make that the player was choosing Reimu or Medicine, because the battle is kinda made for them(the dodges, the tight hitbox and etc.)
- I actually made this way (just switching) because I couldn't think of a way to make them work together :blush:

Spell 2[Reisen]:
- I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I actually was looking for that way of "always dodging, don't stop, keep moving"
- It's repetitive, could be annoying, but it was intencional (no hard feels)

Spell 3[Doremy]:
- FIXED!(so satisfying to see the bullet bounce from the wall and be fully nitid)

Final Spell[Reisen?]:
- To be honest, after I published my script, I noticed that for a Last Spell is was kinda a let down, and it felt like Doremy wasn't involved in this (in my head I thought that if the bullet is there, she's there... That is really stupid)
- I'm going to change that rn.

I'm so lucky to post it so early, now I can update it (I think)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:42:05 AM by jao »

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 10:39:33 PM »
UPDATE!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Better patterns
  • Difficulty changes(not much)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Immaterial Team by JDude

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 12:00:43 AM »
I have some feedback. Note that this is for V2, not the version you posted just now. I provided feedback using my standard contest judging rubric [scores of 7/10 and 15/20 are 'average'], so expect my feedback to bring up similar points to what the judges will bring up in their feedback.

Spoiler:
The Immaterial Team v2 by JDude/jao

Spells: Worth 20 points each. If has multiple phases, each phase counts as 10 points.
Nonspells: Worth 10 points each
Stages: Worth 5 points per phase (determined by self)

Backgrounds, music, sound and effects: Counted as part of "Theme and Experience"
Organization and Ease of Use: Counted as part of "Other".

My Player: DDC Reimu B

Difficulty: Default
Spoiler:
Nonspell 1: A pretty decent start. Danmaku is repetitive but fine. My main complaint here is that the stars in the background can be confused with the moving white dots used by Doremy. Additionally, if Reisen's there, give her some love and have her contribute. [07/10]
Spell 1: The background is extremely bright and distracting. Add in the way you render bullets (the stars are invisible under the blue invert pellets and it is very difficult to tell where the bullets are; the blue pellets start as purple bullets, etc) and this becomes a bigger problem. Overall, the colors of the background and bullets as well as poor usage of render priority means that this otherwise underwhelming but passable spell gets docked significant points. [08/20]
Nonspell 2: A standard Reisen-esque nonspell. However, it's TOO Reisen like. Given that you have the opportunity (and the entire point of the contest) to have Doremy and Reisen interact, feel free to do so. Docking points due to lack of creativity and unoriginal danmaku. [05/10]
Spell 2: The way you dodge this pattern is extremely similar to many other spellcards in past Touhou games. However, each of those iterations had another aspect to the spellcard to make it interesting. What you have here is moving left or right, then switching to the next space, repeat. Repetitive, with an attack that barely even shows Reisen's capabilities and potential, let alone Doremy's. [10/20]
Nonspell 3: An incredibly boring nonspell. While it would be barely acceptable on an Extra Stage Boss with simple nonspells, in this scenario it's being used in an exceptionally mediocre way that, like with the previous spell, shows none of Doremy's potential. In fact, the only thing it really shares with Doremy is the type and color of the bullets used. [04/10]
Spell 3: The danmaku here is simple but dodging is slightly more interesting than the previous spell. However, the fact that the bullets blend in with the background and can be very hard to see is something that should be addressed. [11/20]
Nonspell 4: Can the red bullets hit you? It's not obvious just by looking. I suggest lowering the alpha values of the bullets if they can't hurt you. Also, the nonspell suffers the same way as Spell 2, where it moves to one side and... never varies. I suggest doing something to vary the nonspell up. [05/10]
Spell 4: Left right left right left right. Literally one of Junko's left right left right attacks except the pattern is static and repetitive. At least give bullets with different graphics different speeds or something; there's literally no reason to give them different colors. Exceptionally boring. Oh, and there are blind spots too :) [08/20]
Spell 5: Same problem as Spell 1: dark blue bullets on a dark blue background. Reisen's aspect adds absolutely nothing to the spell except some visual effects (which are the best part of the spell as-is). Disappointing and frustrating to play due to the graphic choices. [07/20]
Spoiler:
Danmaku Raw Score: [65/140] ~ 7.43/16
Theme and Experience Raw Score: 01/02
Other Raw Score: 01/02
Overall: 9.43/20
Spoiler:
Comments
-- Name of script on HUD is nearly impossible to read given it's black text on a dark blue background.
-- You really need to consider the balance between the background graphics and the color of the bullets you use
-- Since you have two characters to use, have their powers leak over to the others's attacks more than once. Otherwise you just have a wasted opportunity to do something interesting with the characters you have chosen.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:02:19 AM by Sparen »

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 01:05:40 AM »
Thank you for your full honesty, and that response was what I was expecting
Spoiler:
So basically my script was from mediocre to bad as you're saying?
It's my first serious contest (actually my ever first constest) so it's normal to feel a little down right?
That's what I get to going head first in this contest haha
What was I expecting?
To magically win, because I'm a noob? Now I get it...
It's a contest for being 100% fair of course
Not a contest for using the excuse " I'm a noob"
Don't worry I'm not mad neither frustrated
Just a little disapointed in myself
I think I'm going to give it up on the contest FOR NOW

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 01:13:21 AM »
Spoiler:
I know that you're better than me
Smarter than me
Familiar than me
I'M NOT BEING THE VICTIM HERE(VICTIMIZING)
I don't know why but everything you said about my script
I kinda disagree
but I'M NOT BEING A SORE LOSER WITH THEM SOUR GRAPES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT
maybe it's because I don't have the skill to fully analise a script
idk....

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 01:14:12 AM »
Again no harsh/hard feels  :3 :3 :3 :3 ;) ;) ;)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 06:25:27 AM »
If anything, you should use the remaining time to improve your coding ability, danmaku sense, and your script's quality.

If you put your mind to it and try to improve your work, then even if you don't place well in the contest you will have learned something for future scripts.

Everyone starts somewhere, and the first few public scripts are always rough with all the criticism.

:)

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 11:52:45 AM »
Well, I still have some time left before high school(in my country, Ensino M?dio) starts
I'll do my best :)

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 12:12:30 PM »
I noticed that most of the problems, I can see them when I put my pc stats on 0 (Gamma, Saturation, Constract, and etc)

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »
NEW SCRIPT!!
And Collection of Spells Cards (CoSC) is the name!(not that original but it doesnt matter! :derp:)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contents:
  • Colection of various spells and non spells
  • Difficulty = rand(EZ,ISC)
  • Fighting Reimu, Marisa, Cirno, Yuuka and others
  • All of the bosses are my favorite in opnion sorry Yukari
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you missed the link, here it is again...dummy
Collection of Spells Cards (CoSC) by JDude
I want that everyone be 100% honest about my script, and don't hold back anything :blush:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:25:22 PM by jao »

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 07:05:22 PM »
I played through this script three times, as Medicine, without using any bombs.

General Thoughts:
-Backgrounds are much less distracting in general
-Pattern quality has generally risen, but I think that some patterns are too like each other.
-The claim that patterns get more difficult as you go on is laughably false, as will be demonstrated below
-The little thing that pops up after you complete a pattern is pretty neat.

Captureable Levels explained:
-Yes: I captured it
-In Theory: I got within 2-5 deaths of capturing it, I could probably beat it if I spent more time on it.
-Not Today: I got between 5-10 deaths on it, I'd need to spend a pretty long time to capture it.
-Hell No: I got over 10 deaths AND I think that the spell is unfair enough that I'd tear my hair out trying to capture it

Non Spell 1[Reimu]:
-Its OK, all in all. It seems like its something Reimu might do, its moderately difficult and has no safespots to speak of
-That said, all of the red bullets really plays tricks with your eyes. Maybe make it so the bullets going one way are red bullets and the bullets going the other way are white bullets?
Captureable: Yes

Spell 1[Reimu]:
-Its a solid spell, I just don't particularly like it.
-The biggest objective flaw is that there's not really enough of a warning the rainbow orby things are coming your way. Some kind of warning lasers would be appreciated.
Captureable: In Theory

Non Spell 2[Marisa]:
-This seems like a Marisa non-spell, for better or worse.
-The part where two waves intersect is pretty brutal, but that's probably intended and I don't think the difficult is THAT unreasonable.

Spell 2[Marisa]:
-This spell is a survival spell, but you're not really informed of this fact. I died several times trying to damage Marisa before giving up and timing it out
-The first part of the spell is pretty much an instant death if you're not aware of what's happening
-That said, the spell isn't too hard once you know what its trying to do, survive the starting attack and get into a rhythm

Non Spell 3[Cirno]:
-Its an acceptable non-spell. The random ice barrage is kind of boring, but that's probably fine for Cirno

Spell 3[Cirno]:
-This spell is both easy and boring. The bullets don't clump up enough or go fast enough to be threatening and the random nature of the spell isn't very exciting
-Once again, probably a fine attack for Stage 2 Cirno

Non Spell 4[Yuuka]:
-This non spell is more interesting, but also pretty hard. I can't consistently read where they're going after they bounce at all.
-Wallbounce pattern #1
-The hardest part, at least for me, is how the bright yellow bullets mess with my eyes.

Spell 4[Yuuka]:
-Screw this spell
-The huge laser occupying the center of the screen means that you can't damage Yuuka at all, since she immediately recasts it after it expires, which makes this a survival spell.
-The ice things she shoots go so ridiculously fast that I don't have any time to react to the bullets before they hit me.
-The strategy that I found gave me the least deaths was just to stand still right in the middle of the laser and hold down shoot. This gave me 16 deaths
-For context, the best sane dodging run that I did got me 18 deaths, which is pretty telling.
Captureable: Hell No

Non Spell 5[Eirin]:
-Its a weirdly easy variation on standard Eirin non spells

Spell 5[Eirin]:
-This is one of my favorite spells, that's not too challenging, but is still fun
-I like how the first big red bullets reach you before the inverted rice, so you know what you'll be dodging before you can trap yourself
-Overall, I think that this is a better executed version of the concept behind Reimu's spell earlier

Non Spell 6[Mokou]:
-This is an OK non-spell
-The amulets don't indicate that they're about to start curving until they're really close to you, which means that you're not going to beat this on your first try

Spell 6[Mokou]:
-This spell would probably be boring to most people, but I actually like spells like Starbow Break or Pheonix's Tailfeathers[Or whatever that spell is called]
-That said, the blue fire bullets are fast enough and dense enough that they can wall the player pretty easily, which is a big no-no

Non Spell 7[Aya]:
-Despite incorporating both high randomness and wallbouncing, I quite like this non spell
-Wallbounce pattern #2

Spell 7[Aya]:
-Its just dense and somewhat random bullets, which is kind of boring

Non Spell 8[Suwako]:
-This is basically just a carbon copy of one of Suwako's non spells, except that I think it goes slightly slower
-Wallbounce pattern #3

Spell 8[Suwako]:
-This seems like its supposed to be a remake of Suwako's final spell, which I can appreciate
-After playing this a few times, I played Haiji's version for comparaison
-I concluded that this version is much faster and much less dense overall, which IMO makes it more difficult.
-That said, I actually did about the same on both versions, so maybe its just my perception of things

Non Spell 9[Koishi]:
-Not very exciting, especially since its yet another wallbounce pattern, but I still liked it overall
-All the bullets caused me to drop to ~50 FPS at one point, which could stand to be looked at. You could probably replace the kunai clusters with lasers.
-Wallbounce pattern #4

Spell 9[Koishi]:
-The first part with the circles is fun, but still difficult
-The part after that, I have zero idea how to do
Captureable: Not Today

Non Spell 10[Doremy]:
-This seems a lot like one of your patterns from the Reisen/Doremy script
-Wallbounce pattern #5

Spell 10[Doremy]:
-This is basically the same as the non spell before it
-The only differences are that the bullets move slightly more weirdly and there's a seemingly purposeless red glow around the player that sometimes blocks vision of bullets
-The only real credit I can give this spell is that its the only survival spell to communicate well that its a survival spell
-Also, the text that displays your progress seems to sometimes pop up in this one before the spell ends, which is probably a bug.

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 03:07:12 AM »
Thank you for your quick response, and here is my feedback:

Non Spell 1[Reimu]:
- I put the same colors so the pattern looked more beautiful
- But I got the same trick on myself, so I changed it...

Spell 1[Reimu]:
- Delay lasers added.

Spell 2[Marisa]:
- :blush: I actually really forgot to present it as a Survival...
- Toned down a little..

Spell 3[Cirno]:
- Now it's a blizzard :D

Non Spell 4[Yuuka] and Spell 4[Yuuka]:
- It was supposed to imitate the original PC-98 boss
- I changed/toned down the spell :blush:

Non Spell 5[Eirin]:
- Harder, probally Better, not Faster, Stronger

Non Spell 9[Koishi]:
- Changed the cluster to a fabulous magenta laser/line

Spell 10[Doremy]:
- Completely changed...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CoSC V2 is here :D

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 11:39:24 PM »
NEW SCRIPT!!
And Mamizou is back!
Contents:
  • Fullscreen danmaku! in my way though
  • Difficulty = IDK :D
  • Fighting Mamizou with known nonspells and spells on her way
I am redeeming myself of the my old Mamizou script ::)
Mamizou 2.0 by JDude
I want that everyone be 100% honest about my script, and don't hold back anything :blush:

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 05:46:57 AM »
I played through this script three times, as Ultima's Reimu.

General Thoughts:
-Backgrounds are OK, although the non-spell background could stand to move more slowly
-Please stop including multiple only slightly different players. This script had a whopping FIVE Reimus attached to it, when it could have had only one Reimu and played almost exactly the same. Balancing scripts around multiple players is a big problem in general, which is best avoided by not having too in the first place. For example, there are spells that are hell for a non-homing Reimu, but are well-balanced with a homing Reimu. You should use either one player[Like Ultima's Reimu/Mr. Blue's Reimu], players designed for use in a set[Like the plasmaflame Reimus] or, preferably, make your own player(s). Making your own player is kind of difficult, but it allows you to do some interesting and unique stuff.
-The fullscreen HUD isn't implemented very well. The biggest flaw is that if you're against the bottom of the screen, the score display and such will hide where you and any nearby bullets are.
-Mamizou doesn't disguise herself at all, despite clearly switching between imitating different people. Maybe its actually Satori dressed up as Mamizou?
-Mamizou moves SUPER slowly during the last couple attacks[The Patchouli ones] and you can take out a good third of her health bar before she actually starts shooting bullets
-While you start with 9 bombs, you only get three back when you die, incentivizing you to bombspam the early spells. IMO, you could probably just give out 2-3 bombs at the start and the script would still be fine. Its not that hard a script and bombspamming can take care of the hard spells even disregarding the extra 6-7 you start with.
-The script folder displays all the individual Single scripts, but only has default players defined for the plural itself. If you don't want people to play the patterns on their own, then you can make them not appear in Danmakufu[But still able to be played as part of a plural!] by commenting out the very first line of the header. If you want them to be kind of like spell practice mode, then putting the same player selection as the plural makes it more convenient for people who don't have the standard Reimus in their player folder.

Non Spell 1[Reimu]:
-This is the spell that makes me hate the HUD the most, since it hides the bullets coming from the orb behind you.
-Its actually a pretty good non-spell otherwise, though.

Spell 1[Reimu]:
-Its First and Last Nameless Danmaku, but longer, less fair, less dangerous, and less interesting. This is a bad spell.
-It can also be timed out super easily, if you really want to waste a minute of your life doing that.

Non Spell 2[Marisa]:
-This seems almost exactly like the Marisa non-spell from your last script.
-It also seems more dense, presumably to compensate for the wider playing field, which IMO makes it too hard.

Spell 2[Marisa]:
-This spell is a much better Master Spark then your last attempt.
-This attack is absolutely miserable without homing, but its just fine with a homing Reimu

Non Spell 3[Remilia]:
-The bullets go way way way too fast, making this probably the hardest pattern in the script.
-I might even compare the difficulty here to truly unfair attacks like, fittingly enough, Scarlet Meister.

Spell 3[Remilia]:
-This spell is basically the same attack as the Master Spark earlier, so the same comments apply.

Non Spell 4[Yukari]:
-This non spell isn't hard, but also isn't that interesting.

Spell 4[Yukari]:
-This is generally a cool, but flawed, spell.
-Flaw #1: The blue lasers are so thin you can barely see them, leading to death out of nowhere.
-Flaw #2: The pattern is good, but too short, so you have to dodge basically the same bullets several times.

Non Spell 5[Suika]:
-Pretty easy, but nice concept.

Spell 5[Suika]:
-This seems very similar to one of Doremy's spells in one of your earlier scripts.
-Its generally OK, but is dull and easy.

Non Spell 6[Patchouli]:
-The maze pattern here is neat, but really easy. Some kind of surprise near the end of the maze would make this non-spell pretty good.

Spell 6[Patchouli]:
-The idea is cool and the pattern is interesting, but the red fire bullets go a tad too fast for my taste.
-I found some (0,0) spawning at the end, which looks kind of ugly

There's also the matter of the lifebar not reaching all the way across the top of the screen. I seem to remember you asking about this in the Q & A thread earlier. I looked into it and managed to adjust it to stretch across the top of the screen in an acceptable manner. I have very little idea of how vertexes work, but this was simple enough since the lifebar is just a textureless gray line. The main difficulty is that the lifebar uses arbitrary numbers instead of helpfully named variables to decide where the healthbar starts and stops, which makes it hard to tell what exactly said numbers mean.

Here's the relevant code, taken from Default_System in the middle of the TBossLife task. You should just be able to replace the RenderLife function there with this.

Code: [Select]
function RenderLife(){
let countRemStep = ObjEnemyBossScene_GetInfo(objScene, INFO_REMAIN_STEP_COUNT);
if(lastRemStep != countRemStep){
lifeRateRender = 0;
}

let lifeTotalMax = ObjEnemyBossScene_GetInfo(objScene, INFO_ACTIVE_STEP_TOTAL_MAX_LIFE);
let lifeTotal = ObjEnemyBossScene_GetInfo(objScene, INFO_ACTIVE_STEP_TOTAL_LIFE);
let lifeRate = min(lifeTotal / lifeTotalMax, lifeRateRender);
                let arcvastisArbitraryAdjustmentFactor = 1.9;
ObjSpriteList2D_SetSourceRect(obj, 1, 1, 127, 11);
ObjSpriteList2D_SetDestRect(obj, 72, 8, 72 + 270*arcvastisArbitraryAdjustmentFactor  * lifeRate, 12);
ObjSpriteList2D_AddVertex(obj);

ObjSpriteList2D_SetSourceRect(obj, 132, 1, 137, 11);
let listLifeDiv = [0] ~ ObjEnemyBossScene_GetInfo(objScene, INFO_ACTIVE_STEP_LIFE_RATE_LIST);
ascent(iDiv in 0 .. length(listLifeDiv)){
let rate = listLifeDiv[iDiv];
let x = 72 + 270 * arcvastisArbitraryAdjustmentFactor  * (1-rate);
ObjSpriteList2D_SetDestRect(obj, x-1, 4, x + 1, 14);
}

ObjSpriteList2D_SetSourceRect(obj, 1, 1, 127, 11);
ascent(iStep in 0 .. countRemStep){
let remStepRate = 58 / countRemStep;
ObjSpriteList2D_SetDestRect(obj, 4 + iStep * remStepRate + 2, 8,
4 + (iStep + 1) * remStepRate, 12);
}

lifeRateRender += 0.01;
lifeRateRender = min(lifeRateRender, 1);
lastRemStep = countRemStep;
}

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 11:11:27 PM »
Too much hype for fullscreen, I never mess with so that's why it isn't good...
Kinda ironic saying I'm redeeming my older script :colonveeplusalpha:

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 10:51:57 AM »
NEW SCRIPT!!
And it's Satori time!
Contents:
  • Recollecton of Spells and some fanon spells
  • Difficulty = IDK :D
Satori Boss Fight by JDude

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2018, 06:48:45 PM »
I played through this script three times, once as DDC Reimu and twice as Mr. Blue's Reimu

Overall comments:
-I kind of think that the background should have incorporated more copies of the texture you used, instead of just having one? It wasn't distracting or anything, just an unusual way of using the texture
-This is a pretty big improvement over your previous scripts. With a couple exceptions, this was a fun and fair fight.

Non Spell 1[Reimu]:
-Good pattern, the initial spirally thing looks cool
-I'd maybe suggest having some more colour variation between the two different waves[Red/white is the obvious choice]
-It also seems to take a bit too long, no matter which Reimu I used

Spell 1[Reimu]:
-I'll be honest, this is probably my least favourite spell
-Satori always moves to where the death laser will come from, which means that a non-homing player has no choice but to time it out
-The amulets fly out pretty fast, making it really hard to dodge even on the other side of the screen
-Also, its a rare day when you see Satori imitating Reimu imitating Marisa

Non Spell 2[Marisa]:
-This is my favourite non spell
-Its not repetitive at all, but its challenging and not unfair[Although there is one point where you have to get out of the center really quickly]
-I also really like how the starting wave of stars looks like an eye, which is pretty appropriate for Satori

Spell 2[Marisa]:
-This is a neat idea, but could have been executed better
-The biggest problem is that you can't really tell when or where the big red bullets will shoot, making dodging between the lines hard

Non Spell 3[Sakuya]:
-Its a fairly simple non spell, but I quite liked the effects on the knives

Spell 3[Sakuya]:
-Another good spell, tense and challenging, but not unfair
-It just seems like this is more of a Reisen spell then a Sakuya spell, somehow...

Non Spell 4[Tenshi]:
-A fairly simple and easy attack, nothing to see here

Spell 4[Tenshi]:
-IMO, this is a much improved version of the Reimu spell earlier
-The fire moves more slowly, but still has enough bullets for it to be challenging
-Plus, Satori stays still so you can actually beat this without homing
-My only complaint is that there isn't really a good audio cue for the keystones about to be dropped on your head

Non Spell 5[Reisen]:
-I don't quite think that you're given enough warning before bullets explode from behind you
-After the initial surprise, the non spell is fair and of good difficulty though

Spell 6[Reisen]:
-Not much to say here. The effects look pretty cool, but the spell is pretty easy to dodge

Non Spell 7[Yukari]:
-This is probably the hardest pattern in the script
-It feels like the offspring of a Yukari non spell and a Hecatia non spell, with all the difficulty that entails

Spell 7[Yukari]:
-A somewhat simple version of BoWaP
-Thankfully, the bullets flashing didn't really do much: I was NOT looking forward to dodging invisible bullets
-There's one part where the gap you need to go through is really really tight and there's no way to go around it, like there was in the original BoWaP
-Still, the spell is easy enough otherwise that it doesn't matter

Non Spell 8[Yuyuko]:
-Very dense butterflies
-Seriously, by the time the attack is almost over, the whole field is mostly butterflies
-Still dodgeable thought, albeit pretty stressful

Spell 8[Yuyuko]:
-An interesting enough idea, albeit not one I'd associate with Yuyuko
-IMO what this spell needs is a whole bunch of bubble bullets/butterflies everywhere except a cone centered around where the player is
-That would make the field look less empty while also slightly boosting the difficulty
-The spell isn't that hard, although sometimes a butterfly will decide it needs to go super fast for no discernable reason, which is occasionally concerning

Closing comments:
-I think that you've gotten decently good at making creative patterns now
-Difficulty was kind of all over the place, although I'd say that the average difficulty was good. There were just a few outlier patterns that were much harder/easier then the rest of the script.
-One thing I noticed was that there weren't many "advanced" patterns, like the stuff that a Stage 5 boss would use in Touhou. That's probably fine, but I do encourage you to be more aggressive with your gimmicks.

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 01:52:41 AM »
I'm so sorry, for not responding you so soon...

~~Short Story:
Me and Zinochan (same country), made a challenge of a Boss Fight with ourselves, For me Koishi and I chose for him Aya...
~~

PLZ RATE!!!
Koishi Boss Fight by JDude

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 03:30:06 AM »
I played through this script twice, both times as DDC Reimu.

Overall comments:
-This is another good script, that is short but sweet.
-I still feel the stage background could be improved, but that's still minor.

Non Spell 1:
-Basic concept, good execution: I like it.
-The swirling transparent green bullets look quite nice

Spell 1:
-I swear I've seen you do a very similar spell at least once before
-That said, the second phase makes it into a more fun and challenging spell
-The only problem is that the second phase only activates when the spell is already two-thirds done. Making it happen sooner would make it a more challenging spell.

Non Spell 2:
-This honestly feels the most "Koishiesque" of all the attacks
-Its pretty challenging, but not unreasonably difficult

Spell 2:
-This kinda reminds me of Koishi's final attack in Spell Card Collection
-Its another good one, albeit kind of an easier attack.
-The only problem with it is that the hearts can kind of hide the red orbs. Moving them up a render priority might make it harder to get cheap-shotted by going through what you thought was a gap

Non Spell  3:
-Another variation on the theme that the previous non-spells set up
-I had much more difficulty with it then the others, but its the penultimate attack so its probably fine

Spell 3:
-A pretty easy attack. There really isn't enough variation between flamey heart waves. Maybe have Koishi move around or shoot some light covering fire?
-There's also some visible fire bullets flickering in and out of existence in the upper left corner. My guess is that the flame bullets get spawned a certain distance away from the heart bullets, but it doesn't check if they've been deleted, so it sometimes spawns a certain distance away from (0,0) instead.

Closing Comments:
-I'm liking your scripts more and more. I'm honestly looking forwards to what you'll try next.

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2018, 01:33:50 AM »
NEW SCRIPT!!
And it's Marisa's starry night!
Contents:
  • I tried my best to balance the difficulty, but the Last Spell is in the boundary of EX...
  • Most of the attacks, are kinda original (not totally)
Marisa Boss Fight by JDude

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2018, 02:03:59 AM »
NEW SCRIPT!!
And it's Marisa's starry night!
Contents:
  • I tried my best to balance the difficulty, but the Last Spell is in the boundary of EX...
  • Most of the attacks, are kinda original (not totally)
Marisa Boss Fight by JDude
In the last spell you can be at a safespot and time it out (next time you do a phased spell, do it by time or that it automatically changes if you do a certain damage ou by time)

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2018, 06:24:30 PM »
I played through this script five times, as Needle Reimu.

General Comments:
-The non-spell background scrolls a bit too fast.
-The spell background looks really neat

Non Spell 1:
-This is probably the hardest non spell, which isn't really a bad thing.
-Notably, Marisa actually moves around during it, which she could stand to do in her other non spells.

Spell 1:
-This isn't really a bad spell, just one that doesn't look very impressive.
-It also gets kind of boring since there are only three meteor showers that are always in the same place.

Non Spell 2:
-This spell is static and has a safespot right near the center.

Spell 2:
-This spell looks kind of neat.
-Unfortunately, it is also static and has some pretty big safespots.

Non Spell 3:
-I remember seeing almost this exact pattern in Sparen's tutorials.
-Maybe spice it up a bit?

Spell 3:
-Its kind of a boring attack.
-Just the same random bullet shotgun over and over.
-Its also a pretty hard attack compared to the rest.

Non Spell 4:
-Move right. Move left. Move right. Move left.
-That's all there is to this pattern.
-There's also a safespot in it, but its much harder to get to then with the other non spells.

Spell 4:
-This is more like it
-The intro is kinda deceptive in that what looks like a wall of bullets is actually the right place to be
-The main body of the spell could maybe stand to incorporate some of the neat patterns from the intro, since its kinda plain

Spell 5:
-This is basically Ran's finisher, but with more stars, with all that entails
-Zino already mentioned that you can time it out really easily, unlike Yukari's actual spell
-As you can see in the video, the spell immediately jumps to the hardest phase after a certain amount of time has elapsed, regardless of the boss health
-I'm not actually sure if this spell is always possible: I managed to get one wave where the blue and red stars overlapped, forming an intimidating wall of bullets.
-I might just not be good enough at dodging to beat it though.