Author Topic: Touhou Game AutoPlay / Bot Available?  (Read 5142 times)

Touhou Game AutoPlay / Bot Available?
« on: January 01, 2018, 04:47:42 AM »
Hey Guys...
I am actually new to this forum, and it looks pretty cool.

So anyways, Is there such thing / software / bot that can autoplay Touhou?
I need a name!

Everytime I search it up on google, I end up getting other softwares :( :ohdear:

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
Re: Touhou Game AutoPlay / Bot Available?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 11:30:11 AM »
uh...

what's the point of autoplaying a bullet hell game

i guess there's replay files where you can watch other people's runs
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 03:29:19 PM »
Yeah, if you just want to watch the game be played automatically, your best bet is watching a replay on youtube or downloading a replay file to watch ingame. If high skill runs are fine you can go to the wiki's High Score page, where there's a replay file to download for every shot type on every difficulty for each game. https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/High_scores

For more general runs you can download replays off our forum's board. https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/board,44.0.html
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 11:50:19 AM »
Well, actually I have a different purpose.

I wanna create a danmafuku game with a single and coop story mode.

The bot's are for support for 2nd player's coop if unavailable.

Also I wanna learn it for neural network, which technically would succeed going through Lunatic 1cc on 1st try

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 03:01:59 PM »
let me get it straight to you
neural networks for other game genres like platformers work because the way to success in those games can be rather complicated and not very straightforward

in bullet hells, especially in touhou, all the bot has to do is not die
hence, all you have to do is copy PoDD/PoFV's AI style and have it dodge anything around it reactively and it can clear 99% of patterns, and if it gets hit, just get it to deathbomb on the first frame

there's not much point to making a bot for these games

as for danmakufu, good luck because it's certainly no easy feat to even have a second player, let alone AI that doesn't fail horribly

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 12:17:28 AM »
let me get it straight to you
neural networks for other game genres like platformers work because the way to success in those games can be rather complicated and not very straightforward

in bullet hells, especially in touhou, all the bot has to do is not die
hence, all you have to do is copy PoDD/PoFV's AI style and have it dodge anything around it reactively and it can clear 99% of patterns, and if it gets hit, just get it to deathbomb on the first frame

there's not much point to making a bot for these games
I disagree. PoFV's AI is not very fun to play against. It's immediately obvious that it has instant reaction time and pixel-perfect precision as it effortlessly squeezes through even the most ridiculous of bullet walls so winning feels like it's up to luck. A good AI - one that's actually fun to play against - would be one that emulates how a human plays as closely as possible.

Drake

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 01:55:54 AM »
They're looking for coop. Ignoring the vast plethora of issues surrounding what they're asking, they aren't aiming to play against the bot in a versus game, but alongside in a regular STG.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 02:27:43 AM »
I disagree. PoFV's AI is not very fun to play against. It's immediately obvious that it has instant reaction time and pixel-perfect precision as it effortlessly squeezes through even the most ridiculous of bullet walls so winning feels like it's up to luck. A good AI - one that's actually fun to play against - would be one that emulates how a human plays as closely as possible.

I think just about everyone agrees ZUN's VS danmaku games have bullshit unfun AI that only get hit when they want to be hit, but the OP is asking for a Touhou Autoplayer bot which would clearly be better off using simple AI logic like the Phantasmagorias' AI