Author Topic: the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil ~ Boss Rush Patch! (+Patchouli Rush!)  (Read 6476 times)

So, similarly to Drake's SA boss rush patch, I decided that it would be fun and cool to make a similar patch but for the sixth Touhou game!

Download Link v1.00b (242kB) (MEGA link)

The main game is made in a way you would expect out of a boss rush patch: Midboss comes, midboss dies, boss comes, boss dies. The only exception to that is stage 4, where I removed the midboss there because who even likes her? She's not even that useful in scoreruns... Another change is the power. Due to the way power works in this game, I drop a crapton of power items during stages 1, 2 and 7, to make up for the lack of enemies. I do not take into account power differences between difficulties, however. That's a little bit too much effort than I want to put in (also I wanted to release this today).

Patchouli is also clearly different. Instead of using different attacks and having different HP depending on your shot type, she will use ALL attacks she can (and all at the same HP, so screw you ReimuA bias), also the last 5 attacks are in random order. Have fun!
Rumia is also slightly altered: Her first spell now triggers on health on Easy instead of just on timeout. ZUN probably intended the opposite but it has an Easy variant so why not?

As for the extra stage, it has a cluster of power items spawn at the beginning before Patchouli shows up. Probably could've just made you start at 128 there but, y'know, I'm a bit lazy.

Replays also work fine, but they are not saved to a different folder! I wanted to put them in a different folder, but that proved to be a bit too difficult so I just gave up. Sorry!

However, it uses score_p.dat instead of score.dat as its scorefile, so copy that if you want.

Install Instructions
You can simply follow the instructions in the README_v100b.txt file present in the download above, but here they are anyway:

• (Optional) Make a backup of your original *ST.DAT, score.dat and game executable files. They should (and are supposed to) be fine, but you never know if something might go wrong.
  • Drag and drop the D_BRush folder that you downloaded directly inside your EoSD folder, so that it looks sort of like this image: (here I have the English patch alongside the original Japanese version, vpatch and dx8 patch, but bear with me okay?)
  • Run dbrush_inst.bat or dbrush_inst_e.bat depending on the version of the game you wish to patch. dbrush_inst.bat is for the original Japanese game ver1.02h, while dbrush_inst_e.bat is for the Gensokyo.org English patch ver0.8.

That's it! In your EoSD folder should be 2 or 3 new files: *_brush.exe and B_RUSHST.DAT (modified *ST.DAT file). Simply launch the new executable to play the patch.

If you want to use the patch alongside vpatch, there are special instructions included in the README. If you do this, score.dat will be used as the scorefile instead of score_p.dat.

TODO:
  • Copy scorefile during install process.
  • Adjust power depending on difficulty and probably just in general.
  • Make a new demo replay. Probably won't actually do this since it means having to modify a second .DAT file for just a small change.

I'm also open to any suggestions that anyone has, and please tell me of any issues you encounter. Thank you and dodge fun!

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil ~ Boss Rush Patch! (+Patchouli Rush!)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 02:14:58 AM »
Works well. However, on my machine at least, has screen stretching, even with when using dgVoodoo. dgVoodoo works with the vanilla exe, but not the patched exe.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 08:55:02 AM »
excellent
BRING MIMA BACK OR RIOT

1cc PODD no deaths:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyfSxwB5uYw

PyuDi

• daily touhou~
  • danmakufu!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:31:46 AM »
I am also looking for the Non-Patchouli-Rush BossRush patch. Would you mind if you make it?

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »
I might make that someday, yes.