Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Plus Disk Closing Immediately  (Read 5988 times)

Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Plus Disk Closing Immediately
« on: December 23, 2017, 02:55:44 AM »
Hey, guys. I've been trying to get the Plus Disk version of the game to work for a while now, but every time I launch the game, it immediately closes. The normal version of the game works just fine for me, but for some reason, I can't get this one to work. I've tried running it as an administrator and running it with Japanese set as my system language, but neither has worked, and admittedly those are the only things I knew enough to try. I would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Plus Disk Closing Immediately
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 06:31:47 AM »
Do you have Plus Disk placed over the non-plus game? For example, do you have have bgm1, 2, and 3, or just bgm3?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 05:19:33 AM »
I only have bgm1 and 2. I take it I did something wrong while setting up my folders, then?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 05:28:59 AM »
bgm 1 and 2 are the normal game. bgm3 and img3 are part of the basic plus disk package, along with various files in the data folder. If you don't have bgm3 and img3 it sounds like you're missing things!

One of the update patches also adds img4, but that can just be downloaded off the website once your game is functional. If it's not even starting, that's not something you need to worry about right away.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 02:20:25 PM »
Apparently I have img4, and having looked back into my folders, it doesn't look like I've got bgm3 in any of the archives I downloaded. I don't suppose you could direct me to an archive that would have it included, could you?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 01:47:23 AM »
It sounds like you just used a patch off 3peso's website; those are only update patches for Plus Disk, not the actual game. (so I can't give you a link to the full Plus Disk, as that'd be piracy)

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 06:02:49 AM »
Ah, that's my problem. Thanks for helping me out.