Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 46292 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
  • Nickname: Next
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #960 on: September 29, 2019, 09:24:32 pm »
I've seen people suggest doing it on intermediate difficulty instead. I think that would only work if you already have a good strategy where your problem is getting run over by the reinforcements or boss, since 150k is very close to the cap of 160k.

I managed to barely squeeze out 150k damage (though on advanced) with two dancers and two guard astra horse effective melee units, no counter attacking. It did take all 7 turns and was barely over but it worked. Horse weak weapons will be your biggest friends. I didn't have to trap him either since he kept hitting one of the dancers in the back without moving. Giving the attackers breath of life can heal them back up.

If you want to trap him, there was someone that used Nailah to do it, and I tried making it work with Elise's Gravity but I ended up abandoning the strategy since I couldn't get enough damage in with her on the team. Maybe you could give it a try with Brave Cam?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: commander_cool
« Reply #961 on: September 29, 2019, 10:42:09 pm »
Brave Camilla is pretty awkward for locking down rokkr in my experience since she needs to lose Wrathful Staff for Guard to keep them trapped, and she constantly damages herself which means she needs a dedicated healer to stay in Guard range. I may just need to give her a new build with Gravity but then she would be eating counterattacks too.

Isn't there a Feint variant that gives the opponent a cooldown debuff now? Maybe something involving that could ease up on the requirement of having so much Guard on rokkr teams.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #962 on: September 30, 2019, 02:42:13 am »
Brave Cam's already has dazzling Gravity, what's damaging her is the Push skill, which you could replace with something else. Since you're not getting counterattacked, that's only -2 cooldown on the boss per turn, and I would imagine that as long as you can guide him towards a wall or corner to pin against with melee units or someone with Obstruct, you wouldn't need to use her anymore to trap him and use her for sweeping duty with the occasional heal. Dunno how well that'd work, depends on the map and AI probably.

The Ruse skills have that Guard effect, though you'll be sacc'ing a Brave Eliwood for that, which seems silly for a one time use thing. Witchy wand is apparently fantastic but that's a seasonal only weapon.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #963 on: September 30, 2019, 03:59:40 am »
Is Ruse like Feint where it still triggers if a different unit uses Rally on the holder? Brave Eliwood is a pretty great Rokkr attacker against horse units, so a dedicated babysitting to constatly Rally him could be handy.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #964 on: September 30, 2019, 05:44:51 am »
No horse effectiveness, unfortunately, only beast, if that's what you meant. Didn't cross my mind to simply use him himself as a unit, weird. Yeah, Ruse activates as long as he rallies or is rallied by someone else. Unlike Feint, it's also the cardinal directions of the other unit as well (Feint is only cardinal directions of the unit holding the Feint skill). Don't know how I feel about using a unit solely to rally-sit, but I guess it's not that different from having a healer unit healing around. You have about one more hour, but I'd imagine we'd be getting more bow rokkr bosses in the future if you don't manage to beat him.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #965 on: September 30, 2019, 12:44:38 pm »
Yeah I think I meant dragon effectiveness. Is that what his other thing is?

I didn't get around to testing that strategy in time, so it'll have to wait until next time I guess. Man, the window on the rokkr was way too short. But that's fine, I'm sure they'll be back.

Edit: Decided to blow some of my orbs on the Thrasir banner. I don't think I knew G Flier Duel was a thing and that would be nice to have a few copies of, and I could always use duplicate Eirs.

Spent about 200 of my 350 stones and got three Eirs, a duplicate Picnic Genny, and a Thrasir with horrible IVs. All three Eirs were in the first fifty orbs so if I had stopped there I would have gotten an amazing deal, but oh well.

So my understanding is that Eir makes light blessing more valuable for scoring at higher merges during light season, is that right? Want to make sure I understand the mechanic before I merge her up.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 01:08:38 pm by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #966 on: September 30, 2019, 03:30:25 pm »
So from what I understand, merges are additive and only add 1 more lift point per merge. So a +3 merge gives 3 more lift per run.

Running multiple mythic heroes though is multiplicative.

There's a flat bonus of x10 to lift gain if you run any mythics at all, so with that in mind:
One +3 Eir and four light blessed units: 1x4x10 +3 = 43
Two Eirs, both at +1, and 3 light blessed heroes: 2󫢩0 +2 = 62
And then add 80, the base lift gain, and 20, for the bonus unit, to those numbers to get your lift gain per battle.

Running three Eirs is only 'optimal' if they're all max merged, though I don't know how feasible that is in usage.

For your case, I'd it's best to just use two Eirs. Considering you only get a single point of lift per merge, you might even just save the extras for skill fodder.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #967 on: September 30, 2019, 04:25:41 pm »
Ooh yeah I'll probably do that then. Her fodder is pretty useful.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #968 on: October 04, 2019, 06:02:39 pm »
Everything in the new Feh Channel looks pretty great. Duo units seem like they have the potential to be stupidly overpowered but who even cares when Hector And Lilina is that cute, goddamn~

Tower of Forms seems like a neat new puzzly sort of game mode, that's always a welcome addition.

The changes to Aether Resort seem like a neat extra thing. More ways to get dragon flowers are fine and I'm just happy to see anything added to it, I think it could be fun if it just has a liiittle more to it.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #969 on: October 04, 2019, 06:30:33 pm »
I don't mind Duo skills since I had been wanting something like Advance Wars CO powers for a while. I do hope they fully explore the idea though instead of dropping them like the pair up legendaries. Whatever was the point of them.

Rogue-likes are cool so I'm looking forward to that.

I finally picked up an Eir so I can technically go do Aether Raids I suppose. 5 units sounds like a lot until you realize at least 2 of the slots are taken up, 3 if you run 2 mythics.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #970 on: October 04, 2019, 06:43:45 pm »
Personally I only tend to really go all out on Aether Raids when Eir is a bonus unit during a light season, which is somewhat common. It definitely helps that all of my teams are Goad Fliers teams and Eir is a flying unit, but I usually have four flex slots. Three once I get a second Eir online, but I'm definitely going to build the second one differently (Eir's self-sufficient set is more of a liability the bigger your team is). I got to tier 21 with just one of them, Escape Ladder and the new 2x power battles let you really minimize your number of dropped points. I think a perfect offense season is very plausible now.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #971 on: October 04, 2019, 09:35:47 pm »
You don't run the bonus unit?

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #972 on: October 05, 2019, 01:14:47 am »
I mean, I always do if it's a week where I'm making a big score push, but I usually only do that on weeks that Eir is a bonus unit.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #973 on: October 12, 2019, 09:14:40 pm »
Forma Hall is a good inclusion, really fun. People were asking for a Battle Factory-esque mode since year 1. I appreciate the rogue-like-ness of it, wish there were more torches. If they included punishments for dying, I think that could hand out some more.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #974 on: October 13, 2019, 01:59:07 am »
Yeah, I've been having a ton of fun with it so far. It's not incredibly easy, obviously it's not the hardest thing ever, but just trying to blast through everything without repeating any floors has party wiped me once so far. Getting to play with weird abilities and units I don't usually use is neat.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 41 queries.