Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 202531 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #720 on: September 13, 2018, 07:37:27 AM »
aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA

need orbs

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #721 on: September 14, 2018, 05:57:32 AM »
Garon is a red infantry dragon and we're getting the Muspell trio soon. It's a good day to be alive. But we're also getting some weirdass arena skills that don't bode well for the future, so all is balanced.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #722 on: September 14, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »
Ooh, excited for Garon. I wonder if he's going to morph into his slime form when he attacks. And I'll definitely be saving stones for Laegjarn assuming the Muspell units are a banner.

The Duel skills are definitely... concerning, but on paper they COULD be an awkward solution to the sketchy arena scoring system. In practice the fact that they're so heavily segmented is worrying. Seems clear that they don't intend to make these common. Although making a sacred seal of each version could reverse that, since being split into so many distinct skills would give more options at that point. Hmm...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #723 on: September 14, 2018, 01:11:24 PM »
The Duel skills are definitely... concerning, but on paper they COULD be an awkward solution to the sketchy arena scoring system. In practice the fact that they're so heavily segmented is worrying. Seems clear that they don't intend to make these common. Although making a sacred seal of each version could reverse that, since being split into so many distinct skills would give more options at that point. Hmm...
Yeah, they *should* have made them into sacred seals, instead of releasing them like this. They might acquiesce and give us the sacred seals at a later date, but I won't be holding my breath.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #724 on: September 14, 2018, 02:59:44 PM »
Gacha logic dictates that we'll get them as seals eventually but it'll take longer than you would hope. And the last few to be released will leave us hanging on a complete set forever.

Edit: Wow, the book two story
Spoiler:
really cleaned house on characters, huh? We're safe in assuming this was the last chapter, right? I wonder when book three is coming and what it'll be about...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:22:41 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #725 on: September 15, 2018, 06:15:14 AM »
Yeah, probably was the last, seeing how it's its own chain challenge.

Man, Book II certainly was a... thing. I have to wonder if this really needed to interrupt what we had going in Book I. I'll give them credit for trying just a little harder with Alfonse and Laegjarn, also Helbindi, but they were like the only saving grace of Book II. I have no hopes of IS doing anything good with the story of Book III but I'll be looking out for those morsels of good moments I guess.

Also I'm gonna drop this here to share because I think it's the funniest shit. Wholesome(?) dragon family emblem increasing.

edit: welp, just spent the last orbs I'll be getting today to wrap up my experience with the Fury banner. I seem to have managed to pull seven Myrrhs in under 400 orbs. That leaves just 4 more to complete a +10 of her if I feel like it, which I probably will for completion's sake, but damn that went stellar.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:46:49 AM by Mеа »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #726 on: September 15, 2018, 11:17:10 AM »
edit: welp, just spent the last orbs I'll be getting today to wrap up my experience with the Fury banner. I seem to have managed to pull seven Myrrhs in under 400 orbs. That leaves just 4 more to complete a +10 of her if I feel like it, which I probably will for completion's sake, but damn that went stellar.
motherfucker I mean congrats man

Book II started off meme-tier bad but somewhere in the middle they decided they want to put some effort into the story, I'm actually optimistic for book III, maybe they'll plan the next story better.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #727 on: September 19, 2018, 11:24:00 PM »

YES! This run didn't go great so I figured I wouldn't make it but I barely did. Woof, that was hard. And the reward was absolutely not worth it. But still, pretty fun. More please.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #728 on: September 20, 2018, 05:51:41 AM »
Congrats! I should probably get on that soon to get that orb from the 7th layer.

LMarth is pretty incredible, he was an auto win against dragon teams. I used him to get to T21 for this week then gave his Infantry Flash to ATiki for my new dragon emblem team. I'll miss him, no doubt, but the one thing I realize after not using emblem teams for so long is how much more convenient Tactics are. Fliers are a bit of an exception given how mobile they are, but man do adjacent start of turn buffs seem dated to use. It's a weird feeling.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #729 on: September 20, 2018, 07:19:28 AM »
Remind me what was the reward for 8th tier relay defense?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #730 on: September 20, 2018, 10:36:23 AM »
Five hundred feathers

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #731 on: September 20, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »
I love that Garon talks in all caps.

"LEO WHERE IS THE REMOTE.

OF COURSE I CHECKED MY POCKET, FOOLISH WORM.

OH WAIT, IT WAS IN MY POCKET. CARRY ON."

Congrats! I should probably get on that soon to get that orb from the 7th layer.

LMarth is pretty incredible, he was an auto win against dragon teams. I used him to get to T21 for this week then gave his Infantry Flash to ATiki for my new dragon emblem team. I'll miss him, no doubt, but the one thing I realize after not using emblem teams for so long is how much more convenient Tactics are. Fliers are a bit of an exception given how mobile they are, but man do adjacent start of turn buffs seem dated to use. It's a weird feeling.

Goads and wards are where it's at though, unless you're using a blade tome. I have a Hone Fliers left over on Camilla Emblem but I've been strongly considering replacing it with another Goad Fliers. 2good.

I mean, use tactics if you can support them I think, but Goad stacking is super convenient and powerful.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:45:46 PM by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #732 on: September 21, 2018, 08:46:41 AM »
Spent ~80 stones on the Muspel banner and got Laegjarn. Definitely my biggest want so she can go on Big Sister Emblem. I'll probably just keep doing pulls on this banner until it goes away, I would love more copies of her and at least one but preferably two or more of Helbindi.

Edit: Fwiw with her default set+Reposition Laegjarn has exactly the same rating (189) as my +2 New Years Camilla with Aether. With nothing in her A slot her rating is 184. I don't know what it would be with Distant Counter, but it seems like on a unit like Laegjarn who has a good BST the Duel skills are worth a couple of rating points. Obviously they'd be much more optimal on a unit with a much lower BST, which of course means dancers.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:28:08 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #733 on: September 22, 2018, 01:54:16 PM »
I got a Laegjarn and was happy since I wanted to give her Duel skill to Palla, but then this happened in that same circle:

She was all "let me see my sister Laevatain" and I don't have the heart to feed her off when her sister was watching after their emotional reunion, so I'll have to pull for another one instead. These two live. For now(?)

edit: @cool, I believe the rating sort simply sums up the visible stats in game, like in the 3ds games. Which is different from arena score. The likes of Fury really affect it, so I wouldn't take it too seriously.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:56:21 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #734 on: September 22, 2018, 02:10:45 PM »
"You seem to have contracted an especially nasty case of Too Many Anime Girls Syndrome. I'm afraid the only known cure is... you'll have to summon more anime girls."

Meanwhile, Big Sister Emblem has exactly the wrong number of fliers. One, two, or four would be great, but it has exactly three. Someone glue some wings to Gunnthra's horse please.

Edit
edit: @cool, I believe the rating sort simply sums up the visible stats in game, like in the 3ds games. Which is different from arena score. The likes of Fury really affect it, so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Aw for real? Why does it exist then? Why make arena scoring even more esoteric? Well I guess that's partly good news since it means the units that always seem to be buried deep in the rating dump despite all merges and minmaxing (MARTH) might actually score better than they look. But it's mostly bad because how am I supposed to figure anything out..?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:14:49 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #735 on: September 22, 2018, 11:15:02 PM »
Camilla, Laegjarn, I can't figure out who the 3rd big of sisters you're talking about is.

For what it's worth, there was that brief period of a couple months early on where arena score was determined mostly by stat totals. Remember that? Everyone was running Fury and stuff.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #736 on: September 23, 2018, 12:08:38 AM »
The final sister could be Hinoka or maybe Minerva. I'm using Kinshi Hinoka. Both fly. There may be more options I'm not thinking of.

I still use Fury all the time, I think it's become underrated. Wider availability of Life And Death is great and makes it no longer the default low-investment A skill, but it's kinda still the default low-investment A skill. Which I'm sure has goofed my assumptions about which units are good in the arena all up since I've been using rating as a significant benchmark.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #737 on: September 25, 2018, 01:21:19 PM »
Has anyone used MCorrin much since his refine came out? After the fun I've been having with Marth, especially in PVE content, another similar effect sounds useful. Given that there's a Grand Conquest coming up he could come in handy immediately.

I tend to use FCorrin as the centerpiece for most of my brigade-sized teams, so having MCorrin support her seems both useful and thematic.

For his set to be optimal it seems like he would want Chill Atk and he's definitely not getting that, and all of mine have (weirdly exactly the same) horrible IVs, but I think I'm going to try 5*ing him anyway. He can bolster FCorrin's bad Res by a ludicrous amount, or turbocharging any one stat sounds useful. Or I could spread the buffs around. Not sure which is best, but any given double Spur is pretty low-investment.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #738 on: September 26, 2018, 12:07:50 AM »
I have a Titania I use to more or less the same effect, so I would say that sounds pretty good. Red covers her weakness to greens well (although it's specifically green mages that she's particularly weak to).

Depending on the build you give her, I don't think you need to further boost her Res any higher. I've always used a healer tank build (Special Spiral Aether now) and with Atk Smoke, it usually merely sufficed that she lived a hit because she heals in every engagement. Instead, I've found her Atk lacking much too often, if you can find a way to boost that.

As for Chill skills, I think Spd would be better because she lives or dies by doubling with Flashing Blade. I've tried it on my support Setsuna and that worked well. She's tanky enough to not have a problem with too much things, and mages tend to have less Atk than physical units anyway, dodging the Chill. Although it may be that Chill Atk is more useful in brigade maps, I wouldn't know.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #739 on: September 26, 2018, 04:10:32 AM »
I have Chill Spd on the FCorrin herself. I don't own any Wraths or Special Spirals or anything else that might be optimal on her.

Yeah, juicing her Atk with MCorrin might be better. Wouldn't be hard to set up.

I'm not sure how I feel about Chill skills in brigade maps. You're more likely to hit multiple enemies with it since there are just more enemies floating around, but less likely to hit the most ideal targets. But you can also squeeze more Chills on your team so it probably evens out? Hard to say.

Speaking of Chill in brigades, I've been realizing how solid Laegjarn is as a general support unit in a brigade. Distant Guard is very good, Chill Atk is nice, and she counters the relatively common Light Breath dragons very well. I always like to have one Guidance/Reposition flier on any non-flying brigade to bridge impassable terrain and she fills that role nicely while providing a lot of utility that isn't very specific about what it supports.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #740 on: September 26, 2018, 08:00:45 AM »
you should just use my FCorrin then, she's decked tf out

You're probably only going to hit at most 4 units with the Chill assortment since identical stats are pretty uncommon. And it's likely that a single unit might get hit with 2 Chills too. I think it sounds kinda awkward.

Laegjarn comes with an amazing set out of the box, she has no undesirable skill. I've been playing around with Laevatein, gave Odin one of the couple Bride Sanakis I pulled earlier in the year for max buffs. Gave her a Savage Blow 6 + Vantage build, and she's pretty good. Not overwhelmingly powerful, but with some help she can kill, kill lots.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #741 on: September 27, 2018, 03:06:50 PM »
New Tiki seems pretty bonkers. A lot's going to to come down to exactly what her stats are though. If she's extremely minmaxed/stat inflated then she's going to be ridiculous, but if they're more on the balanced side or if she has an obvious weakness like one bad defense then she may "just" be great.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #742 on: September 28, 2018, 12:00:54 PM »
New Tiki seems pretty bonkers. A lot's going to to come down to exactly what her stats are though. If she's extremely minmaxed/stat inflated then she's going to be ridiculous, but if they're more on the balanced side or if she has an obvious weakness like one bad defense then she may "just" be great.
aaaaand 180 BST memes

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #743 on: October 04, 2018, 12:08:55 AM »
Finally beat Abyssal Tiki. That was pretty intense. I felt like I had it cracked for quite a while but I kept coming up like a single stat point short in different places. Finally shuffled around some abilities and got it to work. Maaaan that was fun. Next up is Hector! I kinda hope he's a little easier for me just because their maps are getting close to expiring and I don't want to miss it...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #744 on: October 04, 2018, 12:31:34 AM »
I had to pull out my Summoner Support on her again, but I was able to complete Abyssal LTiki too with FCorrin. She was missing kills by 1Hp. I almost don't even care what her prf effect is gonna be, that 2 extra Mt is going to make all the difference. She wrecked everyone on the right half and then pretty much the same to the left half too.

People kept saying LHector's was easier so you might not have too much trouble with it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #745 on: October 04, 2018, 01:37:53 AM »
Wow yeah Hector was actually pretty easy. The reinforcements just didn't feel as intense. I don't know if there are less of them or they're more spread out or what but I never really felt overwhelmed like I usually do. The hardest part was almost just finding a setup that could engage the opening group of enemies without getting blown away since they cover each other pretty well.

Edit: Does anyone know what the Tier 21 threshold is for this week? The stars have aligned so I can minmax my team to regularly get raw 732 opponents and I have my team set up to reliably get the kill bonus on every enemy, but I figure if I'm seeing numbers this high then the acceptable number must be much much higher. I can probably minmax just a tiny bit more score out of this team, is it worth trying?

Edit edit: I saw a 734. Not sure what the maximum I can see right now is.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:48:26 AM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #746 on: October 05, 2018, 05:29:10 AM »
I would say 730 or higher should probably be enough but it's Fjorm week, so 732+ would be safer. I think it's our first water season Fjorm week after the changes so I don't know exactly. Ordinarily, I'd say 732 would get you in and 734 definitely so with comfort.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #747 on: October 05, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »
Well, guess I gotta try then. Just going to be a matter of rerolling until I get relatively favorable maps. Does anyone else find that the map with alternating 2x1 chunks of horizontal fortified terrain and breakable walls is by far the most player-unfriendly map in the game? I feel like my win rate on that one is basically zero.

Edit:

Hopefully this is good enough. If not then I might conceivably be able to grind out a couple more points with a ton of effort and maybe investment. Ranked 2813 right now, watching it creep down toward the cutoff is going to be be fun... But at least I'll probably get to stay in tier 20 for the first time ever.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:43:05 PM by commandercool »

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #748 on: October 05, 2018, 11:16:24 PM »
Random off-topic.
Conquest Lunatic Classic cleared. Deathless even. I had to resort to cheese Endgame with Falcon Knight with Pass and Rescue, but eh. I think it's okay to cheat a little after all the bullshit Conquest Lunatic throws at you.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #749 on: October 06, 2018, 01:48:50 AM »
Alright, I minmaxed my team that tiiiiny bit more that I needed to see 736 teams, I can't get any higher without more Camillas to merge. Now all I gotta do is managed to make it through five teams without running into a bad map or a high-defense green unit with Guard or Special Fighter. This is not an easy thing to do. I have spent literally 200 arena crests today, but I mean, I wasn't using them for anything...

Random off-topic.
Conquest Lunatic Classic cleared. Deathless even. I had to resort to cheese Endgame with Falcon Knight with Pass and Rescue, but eh. I think it's okay to cheat a little after all the bullshit Conquest Lunatic throws at you.

Congrats! That's an accomplishment by anyone's measurement.