Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 200158 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - demotions for everyone
« Reply #510 on: May 14, 2018, 12:11:12 AM »
Alright, I'm probably very late to the party, but I finally cleared all of the original GHB Elite quests. A week ago I needed Ursula with cavalry and Xander with armor and cavalry. Between a few new inherits, grinding out different strategies, and the Halloween Henry I pulled during the Legendary Lyn banner it wasn't too bad. I just couldn't crack Xander with armors without Armor March so I did a bunch of grinding for SP with Henry in the special training dungeon today, bought him a half-assed set, and Armor March basically trivialized the map.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #511 on: May 14, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »
Alright, I'm probably very late to the party, but I finally cleared all of the original GHB Elite quests.

Oh, nice coincident. I finished all of the ones with orbs as rewards yesterday. Don't really want to touch the ones that give me units, because I don't know what to do with them, they take up space, and they seem too rare to just send home...

In other news, I got pity broken by Exatled Chrom today.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #512 on: May 14, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »
Oh, nice coincident. I finished all of the ones with orbs as rewards yesterday. Don't really want to touch the ones that give me units, because I don't know what to do with them, they take up space, and they seem too rare to just send home...

In other news, I got pity broken by Exatled Chrom today.
Congratulations.

I cleaned up plenty of my roster last weekend. Bunch of heroes I said I'd need one day but not really. I recommend, it feels great.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #513 on: May 14, 2018, 04:07:26 PM »
The Galeforce/Heavy Blade Camilla experiment is still a little inconclusive, but I can at least say that she slam dunks Julius pretty much singlehandedly. Not that Julius Infernal is especially difficult, but it's something. And it's quite a lot of fun.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #514 on: May 14, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »
After more than 1 year of playing I finally got a +spd of my man:
Mwahahahahha!

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #515 on: May 15, 2018, 08:32:10 AM »
I was interested in Odd Attack Wave and somehow managed to get Ishtar immediately. Putting it on FCorrin isn't a terrible idea since it gives her some very good initiating atk on turn 1 (and 3), which she can use more of. It also patches up her partner Palla's atk to win the matchup against Nino on turn 1 (without an atk buff, Palla is unable to ohko her gets 2hko). If it weren't for the fact that I'm currently testing out Atk Smoke + Heavy Blade on her, I definitely would have inherited it on FCorrin already, but as it is I might hold off on it a little. It would definitely help out her "player phase dragon" niche more compared to my current more defensive build.

Then there's the alternative of going back to Dark Breath instead. That way, I wouldn't have to keep Atk Smoke and go with Dark Breath + Odd Attack Wave + Heavy Blade. It's a bit enticing since I like the idea of keeping her default weapon on her, but I love Light Breath because its so much more reliable. For its defensive prowess. I guess the former is more offensive so I shouldn't be comparing them so closely. Hmm hmm...
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »
It's going to be interesting to see how the Grand Conquest change that nerfs enemy teleports ends up working out. It's actually been surprisingly annoying in Rival Domains, since a big part of my strategy previously was to toss a bulky self-sustaining unit right into the middle of the first enemy fort and try to get the entire enemy team to suicide into them on the first turn.

That's no longer possible, or is at least extremely difficult, which means that there are going to be a lot more enemies on the map during the early and middle parts of the game, but they're going to be less of a threat. It'll probably at least break even overall challenge-wise, but it's going to take a little bit of adjusting to.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #517 on: May 15, 2018, 05:24:43 PM »
I ran across the scariest Hinoka and Sanaki pair in arena. Frightful.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #518 on: May 16, 2018, 07:29:16 AM »
Got a free summon 5* Corrin from the New Powers banner just now (5*+2 get) and an Ishtar one summon later from the Genealogy banner. Now I don't know if I should still keep trying for Lene, the one I actually wanted, or just pray for her to get demoted and visit me later. Not making this easy, game.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #519 on: May 18, 2018, 05:47:17 AM »
a HA there it is, what I've been waiting for, a buffing B skill, Def/Res Link 3. With that I safely replace Light Breath and go with Dark Breath + Def/Res Link + Odd Atk Wave + Heavy Blade.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #520 on: May 18, 2018, 01:24:15 PM »
Woah, there's some weird design space in this banner. Link and Feint are interesting. Feint seems very impractical, but it's definitely got a lot of potential. And Rally kind of feels like it could use some more support.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #521 on: May 18, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »
That's disappointing to me tbh because I was hoping for better support slot options. Reposition is getting hard to come by these days.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #522 on: May 18, 2018, 06:21:25 PM »
Be like me and pull tons of green. You'll get Bartres for days.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #523 on: May 18, 2018, 06:58:31 PM »
Wouldn't new support skill options be even harder to come by?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #524 on: May 18, 2018, 07:29:03 PM »
Wouldn't new support skill options be even harder to come by?
Eh, the point is we need some more variance, Reposition is too good.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #525 on: May 18, 2018, 07:32:24 PM »
Be like me and pull tons of green. You'll get Bartres for days.

But Bartre doesn't give you Reposition. He only gives you Pain. As his skill, and in your feels.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #526 on: May 19, 2018, 06:14:48 AM »
Ideally I'd like to see the non-Reposition active skills buffed, but doing that in a way that isn't very wordy, complicated, and niche seems tricky. Here are some ideas that might work though:

Shove and Smite:
-Allow them to be used on enemies as well as allies. Maybe also let them deal damage to enemies. Using Shove or Smite would deal 10 fixed damage to an enemy on use, or maybe 10 fixed damage if the enemy would be moved into an illegal square. Or both if you're feeling crazy.

Swap and Pivot:
-Grant a defense bonus to the user after use. Maybe +4 DEF and Res.
-Allow the user to protect other characters from ranged attacks after use. A character that uses Swap or Pivot blocks enemy ranged abilities that shoot through its square during the next turn. This is an ability that I've been wishing we had in Fire Emblem forever, although it might be way too powerful. Putting it on a positioning skill might make it tricky enough to set up that it could be okay though.

Rally:
-Make it work like it does in Awakening and Fates, where rallying gives the bonus to all adjacent allies, not just one targeted ally.

Draw Back:
-Arguably doesn't need a buff, since I think it's widely regarded as the second best active skill after Reposition. It's still very niche though in my opinion, so I think a buff would still be warranted.
-Let it be used on enemies as well as allies. Maybe give the enemy a debuff if you Draw Back them, or give the enemy the Gravity status when you Draw Back them. Maybe even make it so they can't move at all that turn.

Harsh Command:
-Make it interact with Panic. Maybe a Harsh Command-ed unit is immune to Panic.
-Make it work on all adjacent allies, not just the targeted ally. Hell, let it work on all allies on the map regardless of range, it would still be extremely niche.

Ardent Sacrifice and Reciprocal Aid are probably fine, they have a decent niche.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2018, 06:41:40 AM »
I feel like if Panic can be a status ailment, then Harsh Command can also be a status effect. People say "just run Harsh Command" when talking about countering the new Chill skills, and I do, but it's clunky to use for two reasons. If you move the Chill'd unit before Harsh Commanding them then the debuff goes away and you've missed the timing for Harsh Commanding them. You have to Harsh Command them before you move the debuffed unit, that's annoying the thing part 1. Annoying the thing part 2 is that Harsh Command is one step late, it only returns your status back to neutral on the following enemy turn because your Harsh Commanded debuff-turned-buff gets debuffed again. The only time when using Harsh Command gets you an actual advantage (as opposed to 'not a disadvantage') is on your own player turn when you've used Harsh Command, which is harder to exploit since 1) player phase is inherently riskier and 2) you're down one unit because your Harsh Command unit has already used up their action for the turn.

What I want is a Harsh Command that you can use on an ally at any time to give them the debuff-reversing status effect that lasts until the end of the enemy's turn. Or at the very least, makes the unit immune to debuffs for a turn. As it is now, Harsh Command is a bit too limited to counter the Chill skills.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2018, 03:14:19 PM »
At any rate, I think it's fair to say that Harsh Command is one of the weakest abilities in the game. It's not only incredibly unreliable because it cares about the enemy running some fairly uncommon abilities, but also very specific timing and positioning.

The payoff is theoretically enormous, turning a - 7 penalty into a +7 boost is the largest stat swing it's possible to get from one source, but it kind of isn't from one source because it needs an enemy to cooperate as well as an ally to use it in just the right place at just the right time.

If it granted a Harsh Command status to all allies within two squares that has the debug-reversing effect plus negating Panic it might be just approaching playable. I guess there's a point where it becomes oppressively powerful against debuff-spamming teams, but since the opportunity cost to run it is high and it's still so conditional I think all of those effects added onto it might be okay.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #529 on: May 21, 2018, 07:35:24 AM »
Ran out of orbs on the wedding banner. Been trying for greens, but as expected they're pretty rare. Got off color 5*s in FCelica and a duple Olwen. Former has Chill Spd which could be cool, but Soren already has Chill Res. The latter is kinda useless, guess I have no better use for her than to merge her I suppose. Planning on going at it until I get Bride Sanaki even if I don't know if I'll really end up using her Link skill or not.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #530 on: May 22, 2018, 03:02:04 AM »
I've been dumping stones into the New Power banner and have managed to squeeze two 5* Camillas out of it, so my second Camilla is now +5. More than high enough that I feel like I can start using her on offensive arena teams.

I'm feeling a potential legendary hero banner with New Years Camilla coming on so maybe I should be saving stones, especially since vanilla Camillas are inevitably going to trickle in even if I don't actively hunt them down, but I want them noooow! Once I +10 the second one I guess I'll just have to start a third. There's not a third build that I like necessarily, but I'm sure I can work something out.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #531 on: May 22, 2018, 06:09:14 PM »
I'm miffed twofold.

Once that Lene isn't unpromoted, twice that we don't have a bridal blessings rerun. How am I going to summon my B!Caeda now? Truly a dark day for Yoshiku fans.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #532 on: May 22, 2018, 06:32:54 PM »
Is it confirmed that we're not getting the first wedding banner back? I think a rerun of the Easter banner came quite a while after the new Easter units, so it's definitely possible a rerun is still on the way.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #533 on: May 22, 2018, 07:19:42 PM »
Is it confirmed that we're not getting the first wedding banner back? I think a rerun of the Easter banner came quite a while after the new Easter units, so it's definitely possible a rerun is still on the way.
Oh, I didn't remember that. Thanks.
Not like I'm using my orbs on anything else in the meantime so here's hopin'.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #534 on: May 23, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »
I'm floored got Bride Sanaki and Possesed Celica 5* in one roll set. I didn't even know alt Celica was in the bride gacha, yay me! What a good thing to wake up to! ♡

@BT To be honest I only need bride Coredelia and Charlotte from the first bride gacha.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:53:17 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #535 on: May 23, 2018, 02:46:26 PM »
Yeah, the fallen characters are a weird case. They seem like a limited banner because they're all repeat characters, but they're part of the normal rotation.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #536 on: May 23, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »
Yeah, the fallen characters are a weird case. They seem like a limited banner because they're all repeat characters, but they're part of the normal rotation.
I wasn't even expecting her to be honest I got spooked when I had to look at the face up close (because I thought it was another Celica due to me being half asleep) and went "OH SHIT WHAT'S SHE DOING IN THE BRIDE BANNER!" thankfully I just need both Grimas to complete the set. Oh and the best part is the Fallen Celica I got is an Atk and speed type.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #537 on: May 24, 2018, 10:21:06 AM »
Man, these last couple of orbs are some of the hardest I've ever worked for. Finally finished up the awkward Armor challenges (Calvary wasn't so bad since I pulled a 5* Rein from somewhere since) and all the Squad Assault missions. Still no Sanaki though.

Squad Assault kinda sucks because all the stats are hyper inflated and you can't see ahead, which kinda annoys me like how the later PAD dungeons force you to use outside resources if you want to look ahead (which I didn't here) to not die immediately, but it's not as bad since once you figure out a solution for one level, then the lack of randomness means you're guaranteed to reclear it on every subsequent try.

edit: wow I misspelled cavalry, I always catch others doing that but I did myself, shame shame
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:40:40 AM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #538 on: May 24, 2018, 04:28:43 PM »
The Camillas I keep pulling from New Power are all 5*, so I'm accumulating a lot of feathers since I had them earmarked to upgrade Camillas for merging. I spent some to give my FCorrin Aether, and I'll probably do some merges. Not sure if I want to merge into FCorrin or Beruka. Ultra-defense Beruka is extremely gimmicky and niche but she's fun to have.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #539 on: May 24, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »
The extra damage and recover from Aether is deliciously juicy when it goes off, but I'm unconvinced that it's better than Sol on FCorrin. Not saying it's worse, just not better. Unless of course you're running a Steady/Warding Breath build in which case you have no reason not to use it over Sol.
When using a Heavy Blade build, you get put in an awkward position where using Aether makes your neutral matchups (blue/green physical units) more favorable but your poor matchups (blue/green magic units) worse, in general. Sol can let you stay in the game to outlive your poor matchups better (magic units tend to have poorer bulk), but unless you use Wrath your damage output may suffer.

This may or may not change with the Link + Wave build.