Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199825 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - demotions for everyone
« Reply #480 on: May 02, 2018, 06:59:23 PM »
Oh fuck.

This could change everything

Do we know what Camilla's Axe does? Corrin could be a big deal as well, although I assume we're talking about MCorrin? Or is it both?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #481 on: May 02, 2018, 07:15:52 PM »
Nah, just m'Corrin. We have no clue about Camilla's Axe. It could be anything.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #482 on: May 02, 2018, 07:23:00 PM »
In Fates I think it gave a Res bonus? That'd be fine, it would fit well with her established builds. Maybe built in Distant Defense or something?

Ideally I would like a really brutal enhanced Brave Axe. Maybe built in Swift Sparrow or the enemy-phase Brave effect that a few personal weapons have or something.

If we want to get weird with it a weapon that explicitly cares about Corrin would be interesting. Maybe give huge stat bonuses when attacking a character who damaged Corrin or something.

But yeah, could be anything!

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #483 on: May 02, 2018, 07:43:04 PM »
lol. That sounds interesting though if we expand on that idea. Like if she gets +6 atk/spd when a damaged ally is within 2 spaces.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #484 on: May 03, 2018, 02:04:53 PM »
No more enemy phase music which makes me happy

This is already the best update to FEH so far.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #485 on: May 03, 2018, 02:28:43 PM »
As someone who almost always has my sound off I did not realize the music was a meme.

I kind of hate the arena changes. I dunno, maybe they'll be fine. Makes getting arena defenses with anything but the cheesiest cheese, but I'm committed to a dumb stunt team that gets like one arena defense a month anyway, so whatever.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #486 on: May 04, 2018, 02:34:02 AM »
I think Nintendo is just devoted to making this game as accessible to casual players as possible, since I figure those are the people who struggle with arena the most. Which I'm personally fine with but I wonder how whales will take it and what other changes are going to be coming down the pipeline.
ELO system never.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #487 on: May 04, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »

My seven big sisters.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »
Does anyone here run Myrrh as their lead that I'm not already friends with? I had been using a friend one a ton for Grand Conquest and they disappeared when I updated my friends. Could use a replacement.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #489 on: May 07, 2018, 04:52:37 AM »
Does anyone here run Myrrh as their lead that I'm not already friends with? I had been using a friend one a ton for Grand Conquest and they disappeared when I updated my friends. Could use a replacement.

Could put mine up, but it only has default skills + Vantage.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #490 on: May 07, 2018, 05:24:10 AM »

My seven big sisters.

This is what this game is all about.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #491 on: May 07, 2018, 05:32:45 AM »
I suppose I could switch out to use Myrrh as my main/lead. My friend code is 5670735031.

Mines worse than hyo?s in that it only has the default skills up.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #492 on: May 07, 2018, 12:29:48 PM »
Could put mine up, but it only has default skills + Vantage.

I suppose I could switch out to use Myrrh as my main/lead. My friend code is 5670735031.

Mines worse than hyo?s in that it only has the default skills up.

If you've got another lead that you prefer don't worry about it, but if you want to put it up that'd be neat. The only non-default skill that's "necessary" for what I need her for is Quick Riposte and that's available as a seal. So if your Quick Riposte seal isn't otherwise spoken for that would be very helpful.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #493 on: May 07, 2018, 06:47:15 PM »
I need her. permanently. myrrh come home.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #494 on: May 07, 2018, 10:47:35 PM »
I've been having a lot more fun with the Grand Conquest this time now that I understand how it works a little better. Feels like I can actually make impactful changes now.

There's been a lot of talk about how only the end matters, but I don't think that's necessarily true. Dropping a ton of crests to make a bunch of big pushes a few rounds before the end can lock in a certain number of territories since knockouts are still pretty difficult, so there's only so far the enemy team can progress in the last few rounds. It's a fine dynamic in my opinion.

I haven't started working on many builds explicitly for Grand Conquest yet, but I definitely will be soon. It's different enough from the normal play style that it encourages you to dust off neglected niche units which is always a good thing.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #495 on: May 09, 2018, 03:21:52 AM »
Alright, so Camilla's Axe is out. 16 MT, grants +4 ATK and SPD when within two squares of a cavalry or flying ally, and can be refined. It has the unique refinement effect of granting +3 ATK and SPD to cavalry and flying allies within two squares, and it notably uses Camilla's Rose's Thorn icon.

Is it worth it over Brave Axe? Probably. Takes my Camilla's ATK and SPD from 44/36 to 52/41, which becomes 56/45 when the bonus is active (which should be literally always) even before Flier Emblem buffs and Swift Sparrow. And it gives +3 HP, putting her at a very solid 49.

This means Glacies is probably no longer viable on her, so I'll most likely swap it over to Glimmer given her bonkers attack. That'll be a problem for a handful of matchups, but mostly I think it won't make a huge difference.

After all changes she goes from a 193 arena score to a spicy 209, which makes her by far my highest-scoring unit.

Now the question is, do I also give my second Camilla, who's current running the Distant Counter Res-stacking build with a refined Slaying Axe+, a Camilla's Axe as well? Probably, right? Those bonuses are too big to pass up. And if I do I'm not sure if I give her the Res refinement or the team buff refinement. Stacking two team buffs seems pretty hot, even if it will bring her Res down by a ton.

Edit: Actually not sure Glimmer is a good fit for Camilla Prime. Anything she doesn't one-round kill without it probably doesn't take much extra damage from it. Probably should either be Iceberg so that it's charged after a round of combat or Moonbow which will make a bigger dent in anything she's not killing regardless. Although I could see an argument for Noontime or Sol.

Edit edit: Do specials care about stat modifications? That's something I've never been clear on. And if they do, which ones? Depending on how the math breaks down I guess Camilla's long-neglected native special of Dragon Fang might make sense. It would have to count combat buffs to be better than Iceberg and I don't think it does, but I haven't done any experiments or anything.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:42:02 AM by commandercool »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #496 on: May 09, 2018, 05:30:24 AM »
Yes, iirc specials take into account your stats at the moment of combat, so all blue and non-blue stat boosts including goads/wards/drives/brazen/cd/dd/berkut's lance etc. So my blarblade s!corrin gets that extra 24 attack in the calculation when she procs dragon fang, and probably 4 more from goads.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #497 on: May 09, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »
Hmm. Dragon Fang versus Iceberg is actually kind of tricky then. It definitely just ends up coming down to team composition, but Iceberg might be a tiny bit more flexible with a slightly lower damage cap.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #498 on: May 09, 2018, 02:15:50 PM »

I will always and forever run Myrrh as my lead. With DC/Quick Repost/Heavy Blade. C SKill and Specials change as I need them. FC is 9291912884 if anyone wants to get her to help.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #499 on: May 09, 2018, 03:01:19 PM »
Nice! Request sent.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #500 on: May 09, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
Accepted!

Yay, got a sweet Camilla out of the deal, too. Thats gonna help my Flier Emblem Brigade a lot.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #501 on: May 09, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »
Yay free Takumi.~ Ah now I can put some time into that team Hoshido plan I was going to do... ah, but first to train him to 5*... oh right Commander it's good to see your Camilla popping up at my base again. Hmm... I do need to train Julia and Marth with my Takumi since... I need some dragon slayers.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #502 on: May 09, 2018, 07:05:02 PM »
I am all over this banner

Can't wait

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #503 on: May 10, 2018, 03:47:16 PM »
It occurred to me this morning that Camilla probably doesn't need Def Ploy to secure kills anymore.

I don't really know if this is viable, but I gotta try it, right?

Meanwhile, I accidentally Ishtar. Seems legit...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #504 on: May 10, 2018, 07:57:04 PM »
235 orbs pulling red and blue later I got:

Lene, Ryoma, Zelgius, Lene and Tiki..

And best of all.. another merge for the blood goddess..

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:13:57 PM by BT »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #505 on: May 10, 2018, 09:58:04 PM »
Does the blood goddess not have any friends? Get her a dang friend! A cute one. Her portrait isn't crammed with enough doodads, help her get another S badge.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2018, 11:17:04 PM »
Does the blood goddess not have any friends? Get her a dang friend! A cute one. Her portrait isn't crammed with enough doodads, help her get another S badge.
I uhh umm I GUESS SHE DOESN'T. Play nice with Tana please.

EDIT: now if I had Myrrh..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:20:28 PM by BT »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #507 on: May 11, 2018, 09:22:20 AM »
Another dancer on free summon get.
Thank God for venerable pixel limitations that we could be blessed with such fine art this day.

Oh shoot wait her weapon is amazing. Uh... now processing please hold -----

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #508 on: May 13, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
Got an Ares. I really kinda want everyone on this banner, so I am happy, but I hope Lene gets demoted to 4 stars, if I can't get her here, because I really really want to either stop using Olivia and/or give her that sword.

Also, can those special dance skills like Firestorm Dance be inherited? Do they stack with things like PA.Azura's Axe for all the boosts?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #509 on: May 13, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »
Got an Ares. I really kinda want everyone on this banner, so I am happy, but I hope Lene gets demoted to 4 stars, if I can't get her here, because I really really want to either stop using Olivia and/or give her that sword.

Also, can those special dance skills like Firestorm Dance be inherited? Do they stack with things like PA.Azura's Axe for all the boosts?

As far as I know they can be inherited, and they're field buffs which means they won't stack with other field buffs (which means they're not compatible with Azura and not compatible with Hone, Rally, Tactic, Wave etc).