Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 200346 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
PX pls

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
*gasp* Camilla's back in another 4* heroes banner! Along with... Fae for the third time apparently!

I'm completely dry on stones right now, but two weeks is a long thing. Gonna make a serious effort to get Camilla to +10. She's +7 right now and I ended up getting five merges on the last one of these banners, so hopefully won't be too much of a stretch.
Last time I couldn't get a Fae or a Soleil or a Tailtiu so here's fkin hoping. Fae sits at +8 patiently.

commandercool

• alter cool
By the way Mea, are you still on Takumi's chapter in Conquest? Did you steal Rallyman? Adding even more stuff to be worried about in that chapter is a tall order but he's definitely worth snagging if you have Niles trained up. You won't have too many opportunities to use him before the game ends but he's nice to have if you have the room.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
I have a backup save, but I'm trying Hinoka's stage atm. I'm a level away from getting Rally Speed on Laslow, putting him at Rally Strength/Skill/Speed. Then I have Rally Defense on Beruka and Rally Resistance on a bunch of healers. So I figured I probably didn't need him?? I thought to myself, I'm probably fine without him. Words I may or may not look back with regret.

And is it just me or is Hinoka's stage a breather stage? It seems awfully straightforward compared to Takumi and especially Sakura's before it. As long as I can keep up with the reinforcements I think it should be a smooth ride.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
I had a hell of a time with it on my first playthrough but yeah, I found it to be pretty easy on my lunatic run. I guess once you get used to planning ahead for the reinforcements it's not much of a challenge.

Mеа

• catnapping
Hinoka's chapter really was straightforward, it's just the surprise! reinforcements that make things difficult the first time around. Especially the ones that spawn for three turns in a row after you engage Setsuna, that was rude. But after you spawn camped those reinforcements, it was trivial. Then when the last reinforcements spawned I had excess dragon veins left to abuse to slow them down while I mopped the rest. It's like kaizo design, you learn by dying first.

Snuck a peak at Ryoma's level. That was something. A 'did you just summon a bunch of ninjas in one turn' kind of moment. And then Inevitable End, this skill I kept hearing about. That's going to be something hellish. I was expecting it to be a skill that caused permanent debuffs but now I'm not sure which I would prefer. I have a Bowbreaker on Niles and a Golembane on Midori and I hope that's going to be enough of an edge to make things less stressful.

edit: looking at the weapons carefully, Spy weapons, 3 range, what the heck
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:10:46 AM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
Ryoma's chapter is not only the hardest chapter in that game, it's the hardest thing I've ever done in a video game and gave me nightmares.

Spoiler:
Swap Niles over to Shurikenbreaker and he can deal reasonably well with the righthand side of the map. Don't be afraid to go nuts with limited use staves.

Mеа

• catnapping
Oops yeah, I meant Shurikenbreaker, I have that on Niles.

He made this so much easier, so, so much easier. He could orko those filthy ninjas (and 2rko Saizo/Kagero) while dodge tanking them like nobody else. MVP for sure. There were a couple dirty setups that I had to expend some freeze charges on, but I liked that it was a "what you see is what you get" kind of map. Some dirty setups, but no particularly dirty tricks. I almost missed the breakable walls though, they're damn near invisible with how dark they are, they blend in with the regular walls. It wasn't easy, but it was fair I think. With mind to enemies and skills, I was able to keep going and going in my first or so serious run until I surprisingly beat it in less runs than anything recent. Corrin being able to semi dodge tank and take only 3 or so damage with Elise parked on the other side of the dividers (thank you Inspiration + Demoiselle) meant I had a fair bit of leisure in going about the map one side at a time. My heart almost stopped when literally the last instance I needed him to tank on the 2nd to final turn, Ryoma got a crit+Rend Heaven proc and nearly caused a reset. The nature of the map meant that it was designed to be a lot shorter to do as well. Which, compared to Takumi's long grind and hauling back and forth, was a bit more favorable to me.

Next up: unlimited staff works, oh boy.

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah, just ignore the lefthand side of the map wholesale. Nothing good can come of that. Stick to the right side and it's just a long grind with a bunch of berserkers who can ruin your life with critical hits at the very end.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
FEH Channel coming the 10th April at 12:30pm JST time

And FEH saying: ?I hear a lot of Heroes will make an appearance!?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:53:19 PM by Kogachii ♡ »
Mwahahahahha!

commandercool

• alter cool
So apparently with a +4 SPD buff and a +4 DEF buff my Camilla can now survive a hit from a standard Brave Lyn with 1 HP. Maybe there was some other buff or debuff in play when that happened, it was during the voting gauntlet that it happened so there may have been some allied abilities that I overlooked, but regardless, this has some interesting potential.  >:D

commandercool

• alter cool
Yaaaay Camilla is going to be available as a 3*! I only need two more to get my +10 Camilla, so I feel pretty good about my odds now... And when I'm done with that I'll just have to start on a second one!

Grand Hero Battles and similar events are dropping down to 0 stamina which is honestly pretty trivial since stamina is so easy to get. Nice gesture, but probably not impactful at all.

Grand Conquest looks super rad. Not super clear on how it works yet, but Rival Domains is a fun format so more of that sounds good. Especially with real player enemy teams to make it more interesting.

I want to own Feh. Make Feh a legendary hero plz devs.

Mеа

• catnapping
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - demotions for everyone
« Reply #432 on: April 10, 2018, 04:20:26 AM »
This is the kind of stuff I was expecting from the anniversary, not Illusory Dungeon and a hero rises. I guess the benefit of having these changes now is that it shows that the devs are willing to shake things up based on community input not necessarily reserving them only for big calendar events. I like it. The only thing I would ask for now is to reconsider those 15 daily feathers you get from friends.

Let's see, demotion update is already in the new update, I believe? So I might just spend a couple of my orbs now trying to pull FCorrins for merges.

edit: I literally got a BunCat in my first roll but no FCorrins, rip me. She's cute and I wanted her so I'll take it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:30:51 AM by Mеа »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Grand Conquest looks super rad. Not super clear on how it works yet, but Rival Domains is a fun format so more of that sounds good. Especially with real player enemy teams to make it more interesting.

I want to own Feh. Make Feh a legendary hero plz devs.

Grand Conquest immediately gives me Arcarum V1.0 flashbacks. I'm pretty sure they'll be getting a lot of feedback on it after it launches. It's another case where I can't tell if they're incredibly fucking blind to the industry or taking a purposeful shot at someone, because it's... pretty close for a coincidence.

Also, I want a giant plush Feh myself.

Conqueror

« Reply #434 on: April 10, 2018, 05:36:26 AM »
Grand Conquest immediately gives me Arcarum V1.0 flashbacks. I'm pretty sure they'll be getting a lot of feedback on it after it launches. It's another case where I can't tell if they're incredibly fucking blind to the industry or taking a purposeful shot at someone, because it's... pretty close for a coincidence.
My guess is that they started working on this mode right after the survey where they asked what other games people played and saw people mention GBF. There are too many similarities for it to be a coincidence.

Let's see, demotion update is already in the new update, I believe? So I might just spend a couple of my orbs now trying to pull FCorrins for merges.
I think it's only for new banners starting from this point, just like how the 3* and 4* rate swap worked.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:38:07 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #435 on: April 10, 2018, 11:14:08 AM »
So there are some things in the update notes that I don't remember from the video.

-Many skill descriptions have been clarified and made more consistent.

-Colored bows are upcoming.

-New Sacred Seals are added. I think this must be upcoming because I didn't notice any new ones.

-You can now see the unit you have selected for friends to use as well as how many times you've "helped" them. Not totally clear what that means, presumably in Voting Gauntlets and/or Rival Domains. Mine says 13 times right now.

Conqueror

« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2018, 08:37:02 PM »
I think the Sacred Seals being added is just old TT sacred seals being added to the seal forge, like they do every so often.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #437 on: April 11, 2018, 12:39:13 AM »
+8 Camilla is such a dumb crutch, she keeps surviving on 1 HP when I overlook stuff like the opposing Brave Axe Cherche having Heavy Blade and Gale Force. Of course that's with New Years Camilla giving her +6 defenses pretty much all the time, but even so, can't wait to get her to +10. I've started including Spur Spd on all my arena teams so she can tank Brave Lyns straight-up without Iote's Shield and that proooobably shouldn't be happening.  :D

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #438 on: April 11, 2018, 08:44:05 AM »
I picked up another BunCat which is good since I didn't want to consider foddering off my only copy, her cute presence brightens up my barracks. I'm going to switch over to Nephs banner probably.

I'm at a bit of a loss on how to use Chill Res. I'm thinking someone like Soren would be good for it since his new tome has Chill Atk built in. Since it occupies the B slot, a unit using it is mostly reserved to a backup, supporting role. And it's hard to build it into a support unit that doesn't use magic since units shuffle around teams a lot now. If they don't directly benefit from debuffing res, then they need to be built into a team that would make use of it. And it's a big investment that could go to waste if they're not in a team that can use it (or on a map that won't squeeze value out of it much).

Chill skills I think also has less value outside the arena because of how many more enemies there tend to be in pve maps? I haven't used the skills a lot yet so I'm ambivalent about them. The effect on the player can be pretty devastating, but in my own hands, I wonder how effective it really is.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #439 on: April 11, 2018, 03:55:18 PM »
Spoiler:
Poor Gunnthra. I mean, we already knew this was what happened from her lore as a legendary hero, but still. I'm consistently surprised by just how grisly Surtr is. He's a bad man.

Meanwhile...

It's finally complete! The arena score padding, Brave Lyn tanking, Fallen Robin OHKOing big sister!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #440 on: April 11, 2018, 05:47:52 PM »
I keeep getttting camilla and nino stoooop

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #441 on: April 11, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »
My big big very very big sister is getting me to some crazy arena scores coupled with the water season (just saw several 720-point enemy teams in a row). Does anyone know what the threshold to stay in rank 20 is right now? I'm in rank 19 this week so I'll probably miss the opportunity, but I'm curious how close I am.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #442 on: April 11, 2018, 07:51:38 PM »
I think you're really really on the edge of staying in. You'll want no less than 720 and a couple greater than that if you can manage it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #443 on: April 11, 2018, 08:24:36 PM »
That's probably still out of my reach then. Most of what I saw today out of the 9 battles I did just to see what would happen was in the 714-716 range with a few 720s and nothing higher than that. Maaaybe if I aggressively reset but I'm still probably not quite there yet.

Next major project is probably to start stockpiling stones for Legendary Hero banners fearing New Year Camilla then. Even only at +2 she's not far behind +10 Camilla Prime in arena score, so boosting her up a bit more would help a lot.

Conqueror

« Reply #444 on: April 11, 2018, 08:25:27 PM »
I think if you snipe for 722 (maybe 720 can make it? might be harder since water season) point matches, then you can stay in T20 for sure. The threshold is always going higher though and it's hell on your arena crests.

Edit: Have you considered DC on your Camilla to make her a mage tank? I hear that's the popular build for her in the upper tiers, but I don't know much about it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #445 on: April 11, 2018, 09:11:40 PM »
I have, and I have a Distant Counter and a Killer Axe+ earmarked for her, but honestly I'm pretty happy with the default-ish set I've got. It can't kill mages on enemy phase obviously, but I'm not sure there's a mage in the game that she can't take a round of attacks from and then kill in return with the core team I have. Maybe weird builds like Wary Fighter Christmas Tharja or Axebreaker Excalibur or something could do it, but for now she's fine at handling mages on her own and she has a ton of other favorable matchups that I'd be worried about losing with the Distant Counter build.

Part of the issue I think is that I'm running an extremely defensive New Year Camilla build as the other part of my arena team core and I feel like losing the Brave Axe would hurt my ability to secure kills too much. But honestly a defensive vanilla Camilla and offensive New Year Camilla might be better. I'll probably experiment eventually.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:13:43 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #446 on: April 12, 2018, 08:25:05 AM »
It may not be optimal, but the extra points might help that for that little push for more. I usually switch back and forth between arena and non-arena skill sets a lot.

I can't imagine how much more of a hell it's going to be to summon specific 3-4* units post-demotion when it's taken me this long to finally pull a copy I need. I must have spent like at least 200 something orbs for this one copy over like a month or more. Just two more is all I ask for, I have the feathers ready and waiting. I have 10 or near 10 copies of almost every other 3-4* blues collecting and that's after inheriting them or sending many home. The game knows, it knows I cry when it does this to me.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #447 on: April 15, 2018, 02:44:11 AM »
My attempts to summon Bunny Catria have proven entirely without success. Out of the five orbs a player can choose from when they choose to begin a summoning session, only one and, if I'm really lucky, two have appeared as blues.

Go me.

Edit: Finally got her.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:57:22 AM by AzyWng »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #448 on: April 15, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »
I've pulled 2 bunny catria and a spare azura (and karel I GUESS) from my attempts to get a decent boon/bane for her.

...They're both +HP, so I guess I'm going to be saving for her legendfes debut one day.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2018, 11:30:08 AM »
I've managed to pick up two more 4* Camillas in excess of my +10 one from her banner. Right now my arena defense team is Camilla, Spring Camilla x2, and New Years Camilla. The Spring Camillas are both great builds and useful singly, but together they're just too much of a base stats liability so I'm going to try to replace one with another high-investment normal Camilla.

I'll probably be replacing the Gronnblade BunCam and leaving the Gronnraven one, and there's obviously not an axe build that replaces Gronnblade in explosiveness. And the mage killer build is a bit redundant with the Gronnraven one, although obviously it can handle some stuff that Gronnraven can't.

The two spares I have so far are -HP/+RES and - DEF/+RES, which both seem like very decent natures for a Ranged Counter anti-mage. One of those banes with a +ATK boon might be better though, not sure yet. I won't have the feathers to invest in anything until this afternoon when the arena pays out either way, so maybe I'll get lucky and snag a third one with the stones from arena.