Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 200138 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Got a boob bunny Kagero in my second round of pulls. Seems like a great fit with Gunnthra, especially since that enables Tactic skills. Although a lot of her dialogue is... weird.

I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Took 90 orbs, but bunkag get.  Flier Emblem gains a new weird ally.

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah I dunno what she wants to do on Flier Emblem. Probably Poison Dagger, Bowbreaker and Iote's Shield or something? That might be good.

I've been getting some weird pity breakers trying to pull the remaining Easters. Got a dupe Hector (rad) and a 5* Hawkeye (weird). Not sure where to put that extra Distant Counter but there are definitely a lot of great options.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
The colorless dragon is out. A colorless flying dragon is out. It's a Grima!Female Robin, with a prf Iote's Shield.

So I've been saving orbs, avoiding all these recent banners because I needed a BLyn for her Atk Smoke. This is a phenomenal place to try sniping for her. I could get pitybroken by, what, HSakura or the new Legendary? That's unbelievably awesome. My PAOlivia was needing a better weapon, Kitty Paddle is perfect for her. This banner was made for me. How bizarre that Robin would actually be the least desirable for me.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
New Robin does look pretty great. She fills an interesting role in Flyer Emblem. Tempted to do green pulls on her banner to get more Gunnthras to merge since she's a fun-build around but her arena score is almost unusably low by default. I don't have many stones on hand either way though, so I doubt it matters too much.

Meanwhile, I feel like I'm always desperately in need of Refining Stone all the time. I've got a few projects backed up because I have such a deficit of it. We keep getting Arena Medals, which are for all intents free, as minor prizes for stuff. I'd much rather those be Refining Stone, even if it's just a couple of units.

I've been working on the all-in physical tank build for Beruka. It's very investment-heavy and extremely niche in what it can do, but when it's good it's unbeatable. Once I get her Slaying Axe+ upgraded she'll be at 52 HP and 53 defense with Guard and Threaten ATK to back that up. Or maybe 50 defense with Close Defense. And that's without factoring in Fortify Fliers and Ward Fliers and stuff. Her attack might as well be 0, but in a good matchup she can chip things down with Bonfire.

commandercool

• alter cool
Has anyone played any of the Awakening or Fates DLC? I've never tried either but I've been intending to try out the Fates DLC once it's all out. As far as I know it is now, but I don't really know what kind of content it is. Is it like, a linear story? Is each chapter a stand-alone vignette? Is it not even narrative at all?

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
Has anyone played any of the Awakening or Fates DLC? I've never tried either but I've been intending to try out the Fates DLC once it's all out. As far as I know it is now, but I don't really know what kind of content it is. Is it like, a linear story? Is each chapter a stand-alone vignette? Is it not even narrative at all?
Played Awakening's Future Past 1-3. It's decent'ish mini campaign focusing on children form Bad Future?.
Fates's Heirs of Fate is another children focused DLC. But it is longer and kinda plays like an actual mini capaign, where you level up your doods, use Master Seals and so on. Personally i quite enjoyed
Spoiler:
End: Lost in the Waves
which is similar to
Spoiler:
Edngame: Anankos
, but is harder and you kinda need strategy here, since you have only what the game gives you.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Mеа

• catnapping
hoomigosh that was pretty tough. So, so many enemies everywhere.

FCorrin was my mvp as usual. You can see she has Atk Smoke, meaning I managed to pull my target on the banner and complete her build, for now. Light Breath + Atk Smoke is so awesome (especially with an open S-slot). Had her hold off the right chokepoint while the other 3 flitted around baiting specific enemies and going here, going there.
Palla is +atk nature right now, I was considering switching her over to +spd instead, but this map changed my mind. She had perfect kills, 0 overkill, it was pretty worrying. +Atk stays for a forseeable future.
Any healer would have done the job since I don't think Elise attacked at all. A horse healer would help get them out of trouble more easily, so Priscilla or Clarine either would probably have done just as well.

commandercool

• alter cool
Oof, yeah, FFRobin's map was pretty grisly. I managed to squeak it out with the Camilla Triplets plus their pal NYAzura, but it took many tries and many small tweaks and ended up being a very close shave. Everyone had single-digit HP at the end.

Meanwhile I've been making good headway on the remaining GHB challenges. FRobin is all clear, now all I need is Ursula with cavalry and Xander with both cavalry and armor. I think I know how to beat both with a lot of investment, so the trick will be figuring out if I can do it without promoting several units that I don't really otherwise want.

Mеа

• catnapping
I'm like spamming this thread probably and I might even be annoying some people, but, I don't know what to say, I'm confused myself. Sometimes I can feel the tides of luck, I know when I'm going to pull someone. I felt a LIke earlier, yesterday despite sniping colorless and I did end up getting him near the end. I felt a FGrima this morning so I spent a couple more orbs and did get her.

So, I have to, I must, share this:

This is my FCorrin during Earth Blessing season, +6 HP, +2 Atk, +3 Spd

And this is her after Light Breath buffs.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
Tides of luck, eh? Are you sure you?re not just imagining it in an attempt to make the gatcha seem less hostile than it actually is?

I, for one, feel nothing and, consequently, am not surprised.
Except when I am.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
That is one diesel Corrin. I'm glad those summoner and other buffs don't carry over to defense teams in arena because wow that hp.

I think Robin's LHB is probably the hardest in the game so far. I wonder if all these refined weapons are going to be the new standard for GHBs and BHBs going forward. Anyway, I got tired of the bow cav ganking my flyer team so for the first time in ages I broke out blazing thunder Reinhardt (since he doesn't even get the kill otherwise)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:50:23 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
Tides of luck, eh? Are you sure you?re not just imagining it in an attempt to make the gatcha seem less hostile than it actually is?
Like all superstition, probably. Some things I find fun to believe in even if I know its bogus. Like luck or ghosts.

Having a Brave Lyn made that H&N all horse quest go from "I can't do this" to "wow that was easy".

She's also the freest feeling unit I've ever used, the way she glides across the map is a beautiful thing, unhindered by such lowly concerns as the triangle. She feels nice to use, it tastes good, like a chilled bottled water.

commandercool

• alter cool
Unhindered, huh? Surely trees and trenches and raven tomes beg to differ... Are you running Cancel Affinity on your Lyn? Giving up Sacae's Blessing seems rough and you probably don't ultimately net more good matchups, numerically...

The freest and most unhindered unit I've ever used is Genny. She doesn't care about anything. Combat? Nah. Enemy movement? No thanks. If she says you take damage then you're taking damage, and if she says you're healed then you're healed!

Wtb flying cleric to put Dazzling Gravity and Savage Blow 6 on though. That would be the ultimate freedom. Maybe a holiday Genny riding a fluffy winged sheep, or some kind of cleric Camilla..?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
187 orbs I just really want Halloween Sakura, Tropical Elise, and F.Grima from the legendary Banner:

Roll Set 1: 2 greens, 2 grays, and 1 blue.

Results:  dupe 3* Azama, dupe 4* Fae,  dupe 4* Peri, dupe Brave Bow Lyn, and dupe 4* Raven.

Comment: So many dupes that l can inherit onto others. l also just realized l have 3 BRAVE BOW LYNS GOOD GOD!!!!

==============
Roll Set 2: 2 blues, 1 red, and 1 green.

Result: dupe 3* Jagen, dupe 4* M.Corrin, dupe 3* shanna, dupe 4* Gunter, and dupe 4* Niles.

Comment: #How2NotWhale

=============
Roll set 3: 3 blues and 2 greens.

Result: dupe 4* Clair, dupe 3* Sully, dupe 3* Cecilia, dupe 3* Subaki, and dupe 4* Cherche.

Comment: Free Pivot!
=============

Roll Set 4: 2 reds, 2 blues, 1 Gray.

Result: dupe 3* Gwendolyn, dupe 3* Hinata, dupe 3* Raigh, dupe 4* Clair, and dupe 4* Niles.

Comment:  9.50% Rate now...
=============

Roll Set 5: 3 Gray, 1 Green, and 1 Blue.

Result: dupe 4* Clarine, dupe 4* Serra, OMFG YES!!! Summer Elise!!!, dupe 4* Reinhardt, and 4* Sothe.

Comment: Got one of the things l wanted now to hope for Female Grima to drop and oh l got a Sothe also, yay?
=============

Roll Set 5: 2 grays, 1 red, and 2 blues.

Result: dupe 3* Jagen, dupe 3* Stahl, dupe 4* Mae, ANOTHER DUPE BRAVE BOW LYN, and dupe 4* Niles

Comment: WHAT lS THlS VOODOO!?! HOW CAN l HOLD ALL OF THESE BRAVE BOW LYNS!?! DAMN YOU GRlMA!!!
=============

Roll Set 6:  2 greens, 2 reds, and 1 gray.

Result: dupe 4* Sheena, dupe 4* Olivia, dupe 4* Stahl, dupe 4* Merric, and dupe 4* Kagero

Comment: -insert remember happy day video here-
=============

Roll Set 7: 2 blues, 2 reds, and 1 gray

Result: dupe Brave Lucina, dupe 4* Ogma, dupe 4* Hinata, dupe 3* F.Corrin, and dupe 3 Lissa.

Comment: Foiled again!
=============
[Last Roll]

Roll Set 8: 2 blues, 2 greens, and 1 red.

Result: dupe 4* Marth, dupe 3* Arthur, Summer Tiki, 4* A'rachel, and dupe 4* F.Corrin.

Comment: You know l may not have gotten F.Grima, but l did get some new shiny Heroes to play with... especially Elise not the healer one, but sure... now any advice l can get on what to do with these 3 extra Brave Bow Lyns?
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
Do you have three extra BLyns? For four total? A mono-BLyn arena team would be pretty funny. One with Mulagir, two with Brave Bow, and one with Firesweep Bow, complete with full cavalry buffs.

Failing that, you know, merge or inherit Swift Sparrow or Atk Smoke. Seems like those are basically your options.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Do you have three extra BLyns? For four total? A mono-BLyn arena team would be pretty funny. One with Mulagir, two with Brave Bow, and one with Firesweep Bow, complete with full cavalry buffs.

Failing that, you know, merge or inherit Swift Sparrow or Atk Smoke. Seems like those are basically your options.
Yes 3 for four total since l got my main one from the pick legend event originally, l might go with the inherit one and give Keline and Possessed Takumi Swift sparrow, while Atk Smoke err gotta decide.

Funny l already gave Possessed Takumi Astra while l gave Lyon Rising Flame since l got lucky with a high attack on him.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:52:17 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
Oh fuuuuck the original spring banner is back! Do I take an 8% chance to get something nice, or a 3% chance to get a 50% chance to get a Bunny Camilla merge..?

7TC7

• In best company
Sofar I got 2 Halloween Sakuras, 2 Grimas (both -Def, which hurts them a little), 1 Lucina, 1 dupe Ike and 1 dupe Lyn off the Legenadry Banner. Not cherry picking a color for the first time since a few weeks into the game (and ignoring the new spring units entirely to load up 160ish f2p orbs)  seems to have payed off. With nothing on this banner feeling like a pity breaker, I just couldn't hold myself back. Sadly no greens yet, but there is still a little time and orbs left.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah I think this banner lasts into the new month which means everyone gets w burst of orbs before it ends.

Mеа

• catnapping
I finally got my copy of Conquest back, and ahhh, yes. This is the feeling of pain I've been missing. Can't enjoy the feeling of resetting because of crits in FEH. Goddamnit berserkers. As long as I can avoid those, I think I have Soleil's paralogue figured out and then I can get back to Takumi's wall.

edit: My Freeze staff seems to have run away in the few months since I picked it up last. I swear I only used once and on Flora's chapter. Oh well. And I'm out of money too. I figured out how to get to Hinata down to a science, and then my last run had a pretty reproducible strategy that I have good hopes for (I got blindsided by the surprise reinforcements I had completely forgotten about when I started making my way right along the wall). He and his posse only attack people in a row a tile or so into the ballista range, from my experiments.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 08:28:30 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
I genuinely don't understand how Hinata and his guards work. Getting to them is such a nightmare and their movement rules are so specific and weird that a ton of experimentation would be required and I couldn't handle clearing the lengthy first part over and over. Eventually I just started ignoring him.

Mеа

• catnapping
Well just for you I replayed the first part of that chapter to get some screenshots. And for posterity's sake. Here's the album.

The first picture is just there to show where I plopped Camilla on the "first" turn to bait the scroll guy with Lunge, she's over a lake so she can't get lunged. I gave her Gamble to help get a crit so I could delete him before my turn, but strictly speaking it wasn't necessary, it just made things easier.

The second picture is what you want to see though. You see that? That's all safe, they won't come attacking. Takumi may chuck ballistas but they won't attack. Place a unit on any tile in the rows above and they will attack that unit though.

Which brings me to the third picture. Even if you do aggro them, they only attack the units inside their aggro zone. See how they only attacked Corrin but no one behind him? They don't suddenly rush everyone in their actual range when you aggro them, they only stick to their little zone, about 3 rows from the wall, and no further. The fact that they didn't attack Corrin from the sides suggests to me that they're restricted in their movement to literally only be able to move at most 3 tiles from the wall.

To leave a few more words, as long as they don't do damage, the AI won't attack, so you can safely climb up the stairs and harass the archers by the wall ballista and retreat back down the next turn. Since the lunge people are all physical lances, just make sure they don't do damage and you can do a cheesy hit and run strategy to take out the archers/basaras one by one until only the lungers and Oboro's team remains. The lungers have seal def though, so you have to be careful when engaging because they'll start attacking when they can do damage again.

Xander mvp.

edit: About the 3 tile rule, that's probably incomplete since the archer could have moved 3 tiles away from the way and killed my units in the fifth row like Elise. So I guess it's that 1) they can only move at most 3 tiles from the wall, and 2) they will only attack people within 4 tiles from the wall.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:45:26 AM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
It's so weird, there are very few if any other instances of enemies behaving like that in Conquest. Maybe there are more instances that are just hard to spot because they're less well-fortified, which means you tend to just crash into them and never realize that they have bizarre movement rules.

commandercool

• alter cool
Well, I put about 50 stones into the FFRobin banner and didn't get any 5*s or anything I didn't already have. I guess I could squeeze one more pull out of it if I dump a bunch of stamina potions on finishing off the monthly quests, we'll see.

Meanwhile, did anyone else know about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQu9pvGb0Q

I genuinely had no idea Fire Emblem RNG wasn't on the level. Everyone kind of feels like it's rigged sometimes, but people tend to assume confirmation bias if they notice weird behavior I guess. Pretty interesting.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
I knew about true hit but I didn't know they finally cracked the formula for Fates RNG. Pretty cool.

I hope single RNG never makes a return. It forces really defensive and redundant play or risky hail marys, none of which are particularly fun.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
I don't necessarily disagree but I do wish there was a way to be honest about the numbers. I get that part of the point of doing this is psychological to try to minimize feelbad moments for players, but I want to know what the actual odds are. I don't like the idea that the combat forecasts are fudged even though I understand why it would be done this way.

Mеа

• catnapping
I knew fates had a hybrid system, but I thought it was double rolls this whole time not that weird formula.

Perception of the rng only changes after your battles and the formulas themselves don't harm the player (everything but single rolls only benefits the player) and since the only thing that could harm a player is if they have a skewed perception of randomness to begin with, I'm fine with what they have. With having displayed rates that are actually lower than the true rates.

Same could be applied towards the gacha rates. When a banner says 3%, they actually mean something like 4%, but since this hidden information only benefits me and my thoughts on this number only matter based on the results--I get the focus or I don't--I don't really care that they choose to hide it. I get that there's something inherently uncomfortable about having something hidden away from me, but it's not like the probability or result would have changed if I knew the true number, the only thing that changes is my perception, so what can I say.

commandercool

• alter cool
*gasp* Camilla's back in another 4* heroes banner! Along with... Fae for the third time apparently!

I'm completely dry on stones right now, but two weeks is a long thing. Gonna make a serious effort to get Camilla to +10. She's +7 right now and I ended up getting five merges on the last one of these banners, so hopefully won't be too much of a stretch.

PX

• School Idol?
I don't necessarily disagree but I do wish there was a way to be honest about the numbers. I get that part of the point of doing this is psychological to try to minimize feelbad moments for players, but I want to know what the actual odds are. I don't like the idea that the combat forecasts are fudged even though I understand why it would be done this way.

Well if they showed the true hit rates for double rng then they would have a lot of redundant and missing numbers as well as tons of decimal points