Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199903 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - now with rhythm games
« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2018, 08:52:35 PM »
While I'm as happy as anyone that the writing direction is improving a lot, I can't help but laugh at how much people are praising the Lae- sisters' interactions last chapter. We were so starved of any semblance of good writing that two sister characters interacting normally qualifies as amazing characterization, and a general pausing a little to use her head makes her one of the smartest people in the plot so far.

Well, while I'm on the subject, these Book II OCs all have terrible designs. It's an awful combination of horribly generic and uninspired with overdesigned complexity while still somehow leaving a bland impression overall. Laevatainn is the best by a small margin so far, but she really needs to streamline that everything too.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2018, 03:25:18 AM »
I don't mind Loki's design.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2018, 03:44:19 AM »
I actually forgot about Loki. I don't much mind either, the colors are easier on the eyes and I like her hat, I just wish that everything else about her didn't make her seem like she walked out of some chinese red light district. Like you know, that random slit in her dress that reveals her thighs and garterbelt stockings.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2018, 04:05:53 AM »
I actually forgot about Loki. I don't much mind either, the colors are easier on the eyes and I like her hat, I just wish that everything else about her didn't make her seem like she walked out of some chinese red light district. Like you know, that random slit in her dress that reveals her thighs and garterbelt stockings.

I could see that. I actually didn't notice that until now. I guess it comes with the territory of being the Camilla of FEH. I like Laev, but I can definitely see what you mean. Face doesn't stick out to me, but I like the black feathers.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2018, 03:10:05 PM »
Free pull on the fallen hero banner netted me a free 5* Ayra, uh what???
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #305 on: February 23, 2018, 03:30:25 PM »
So what A skill seems good on Fell Robin? Distant Defense would be ideal but I don't really have one to spare. Steady Breath and Svallin Shield seem decent. Almost want to say Triangle Adept but I think he beats a decent number of reds right now that he would lose out on.

I could see that. I actually didn't notice that until now. I guess it comes with the territory of being the Camilla of FEH. I like Laev, but I can definitely see what you mean. Face doesn't stick out to me, but I like the black feathers.

The Camilla of FEH is Laegjarn! They're basically the same person! :V
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #306 on: February 23, 2018, 06:00:18 PM »
Tried pulling, got a Hardin. What do I do with this guy? I played around with X-mas Lissa in the past and didn't have a lot of fun with Bold Fighter, I'm thinking maybe something else.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #307 on: February 23, 2018, 09:50:11 PM »
So what A skill seems good on Fell Robin? Distant Defense would be ideal but I don't really have one to spare. Steady Breath and Svallin Shield seem decent. Almost want to say Triangle Adept but I think he beats a decent number of reds right now that he would lose out on.
Steady Breath wouldn't stack with Vengeful Fighter's haste, so it would probably be a waste unless you decide to swap VG out for something else. I hear he's got some bulk issues what with getting doubled a lot though? So either you could go for the Defense skills or maybe something like Fierce Stance to try one shot before further retaliation.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »
I didn't mean Steady Breath, I meant Steady Stance. I have an extra one of those, I don't have any Steady Breath at all.

Steady Stance seems pretty appealing. FRobin has serious survivability issues. He can just erase one unit from the opposing team almost for free, but he reeeeally can't take two hits.

Fierce Stance would definitely be interesting if I had one, but I don't unfortunately. And I'm not sure how useful it would actually be.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2018, 10:27:31 PM »
So he does have bulk issues? That's kinda weird, he's slightly bulkier in hp/def/res than either ATiki or Nowi and all I keep hearing from them are heapings of praise for how unstoppable they are. Maybe his huge attack stat makes running the one turn Aether build kind of pointless?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2018, 10:37:51 PM »
I don't think they're that bulky in a vacuum either. On a team that's built to prop them up the huge blow to bulk that comes with low speed can be mitigated, it's just a matter of figuring out how to do that. And unlike either of them Robin is green, which means he's weak to Falchion, and armor which means he's vulnerable to Hammer and Armorslayer.

Now granted Armorslayer and Falchion aren't that present in the meta right now, but I expect to see Falchion's usage increase as people learn how to abuse all of the new variants.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #311 on: February 24, 2018, 08:20:15 AM »
Takumi Infernal seems insanely difficult with a player phase team unless you're going to go full cheese with multiple dancers.
A good aether tank can probably take on a lot of the units without that much trouble though.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #312 on: February 24, 2018, 08:40:06 AM »
Infernal Takumi, I was dreading it after finishing the Lunatic stage, but it was really fun.

What I used:

So like what Conq said, Aether tank is really useful.

I didn't break any crates and left Tiki up in the top left to hold off the left side, and it was a bit headache inducing until I noticed that the blue Cav couldn't move across the screen for some reason and then I saw the conveniently placed trenches in the middle. That made it easier. Drive Def on Elise helped keep her alive. Meanwhile I sent FCorrin off to the right to slowly make her way down.

Felicia played a big role in helping her do her job well. There was this one instance when Corrin barely couldn't kill the first Takumi (the one on the right) by 1 hp and so I switched her breath to a +atk refinement, but that caused another issue earlier in the battle where I kill the cleric too soon and couldn't also get Felicia's def/res debuff off on everyone as well. Poor cleric, being the sandbag for spreading both Corrin's offensive debuffs and Felicia's defensive debuffs to everyone around. So I had to switch Corrin's refinement to +def instead to help keep her alive and also the cleric alive for Felicia. That left me with the problem of not being able to kill Takumi, so I gave Felicia the Spur Atk seal to help with that.

I didn't have anything in mind for Felicia's C slot (no ploys, sob sob) so I stuck her with her default Breath of Life, and it surprisingly goes off more often that not. Kind of anti-synergistic with Corrin's Wrath, but that's easy to avoid accidentally healing her out of range.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #313 on: February 24, 2018, 02:39:05 PM »
Dang, Takumi seems like he has the potential to really shake up the meta. I'm impressed with how well they captured his mechanics, both as a unit and as a stage.

Infernal was really tricky and took me over a dozen tries with different strategies. I kept trying to get FRobin to work but he kept getting stranded when Armored Boots wore off. I think I need to get him an Aether.

The team I ended up winning with was kind of slapdash with a far-from-optimal Corrin and I got kind of lucky near the end with a cleric deciding to heal a Takumi of a single HP rather than going for what might have been a lethal attack, but it worked out somehow.

(Corrin and Genny are +1, Azura and Cordelia are +2.)

Not only did they capture Takumi's flavor in his stats and his stage, but also in that the best way to take him down seems to be Corrin. :D

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2018, 02:56:41 PM »
Infernal Takumi. This was the most* fun I've ever had beating something in FEH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noAR8d9C0Ts

*probably

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #315 on: February 24, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »
Oh fuuuuck I didn't have my sound on when I played so I didn't realize they got the stage music right too. Good job FEH, goddamn. This has been quite a week for content.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »
Oh fuuuuck I didn't have my sound on when I played so I didn't realize they got the stage music right too. Good job FEH, goddamn. This has been quite a week for content.
They also brought in the FE1 chiptune for the special reinforcement stages, if you didn't check that out.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2018, 03:05:58 PM »
I did not! Rad!

Conqueror

« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2018, 05:06:16 AM »
Tried beating it with an all-flier player phase team. Oh boy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfH0yQ3Jgk
Corrin being -res hurt at the end there when the last healer hit me for exact damage and I lost.
When Ike comes out I'll probably just use him instead.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2018, 02:47:41 PM »
So it looks like we got another update coming with some more new game modes.

-Rival Domains involve playing with a huge army of 20 units, some of which are/can be pulled from your friends list, and capturing objectives within a time limit or something. Not really clear how it works, but it sounds crazy.

-Blessed Gardens can only be entered by characters with certain elemental blessings, and they give out elemental blessings for the next one in the chain as prizes among other things. Doesn't sound that interesting, but access to more blessings is fine I guess.

-A few more weapon refinements including the long-awaited Leo buff.

Conqueror

« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2018, 07:28:47 PM »
I realized that since all I needed was at least one point of survivability on Corrin, I gave her a summoner support and finally beat Infernal. I'm ready for the all-flier quest when it comes out!

Based on the sample image they provided, Rival Domains will probably be 5 maps with 4 heroes each. So like arena assault, except you get to use your friends' units as well, and you're limited to one dancer. Maybe you'll even have to choose a party of 20 heroes before starting so you can't counterpick from your entire box.

Not being able to switch blessings easily means that you can't use your favorite units in all the blessing modes, only 1/4. Unless you keep switching I guess.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »
Yes, FINALLY something to do with friend units, I've been wanting this forever. Checking through my friends list over the people who post here, I guess we have Edible's vantage Xander, ccool's Vanillamilla, BT's Blarblade Mae, and my FCorrin. Cool!

Maybe I do have you but your IGNs are different? If not, add me, hyo and mewmew, and others that I'm not seeing on this page.

edit: And conq you too, I don't know how I missed your name when it's the last post. I feel like I do have you under a different name though.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:21:19 PM by Mеа »

Conqueror

« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2018, 02:00:20 AM »
Yeah, my IGN is Tenko so I already have you. Currently have my Masked Marth up front and I usually put up one of Elincia/Tana/Minerva for voting gauntlets.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2018, 04:25:38 PM »
Remind me, because I keep forgetting. What's the unit that shows up as your avatar? The leftmost unit on the first team?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »
Yeah. It's also the unit that's at the top of your castle lobby screen.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »
Ohh I get what happened now. When you zero out your first team, the game fetches the lead for the 2nd team. I made some more experiments and if it's just the first team's first slot that's missing, the game chooses the first team's second slot, and so on. I figured it was strange what Mea said about my Mae 'cause she wasn't on team no. 1.

But all is good now.  :colbert:

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #326 on: February 26, 2018, 09:15:45 PM »
Oops, I just noticed that I have a 5* Caeda that I pulled, was disappointed by, then never touched. Wing Sword now though!

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2018, 12:01:41 AM »
yesss, I've finally passed the threshold of where a 5* is a better investment than a 4*+10, I've reached +6 merges on my FCorrin. But now I'm out of FCorrins so I have to start pulling on random blues again. Not that I have feathers anyway so I can take my time.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2018, 03:17:55 AM »
Legendary Motherfucking Ephraim, though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2018, 01:52:12 PM »
Hmm, now I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my stones. Do I continue saving them for the spring banner and the extremely low chance of getting a Spring Camilla dupe or two, or do I try to pull Gunnthra from the Legendary Ephraim banner? I've been liking the idea of Gunnthra more and more lately and trying to pick up all of the legendary heroes does seem important to arena scoring. Hmm...