Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 202493 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - now with rhythm games
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2018, 01:13:00 PM »
Oh, looks like the Elite quests give you one free GHB unit for each (enjoy defeating Xander with an all armored team though lmao).
Rhythm mode is cute. I wish they had a leaderboard so you could show off your S ranks to your friend though.

Armor is by far my weakest team right now. I think I just need to commit to fishing for an Armor March at some point, because right now I can't really imagine clearing Infernal stuff with armor and it's going to continue to come up. We have forever to do it though so I guess I'll probably stumble across something eventually.

The rhythm game is pretty fun. The hardest difficulty is tricky enough that it's taking me a while to S-rank stages, and of course they'll only get harder from here. Could use a new background track though...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2018, 08:54:38 PM »
I lucked out and pulled a +spd -res FCorrin, what's generally considered her best nature (though I'd prefer -hp) on the free Valentines summon. Once I wait around for enough feathers again, my FCorrin will be up to +4 in merges, hurray!

Tap battle is surprisingly better than I thought. I use Ephraim since his "Give me more, more!" and "Wwonderfulll!" are great to play to. They really need to add more music though.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2018, 12:00:21 AM »
Got Mage Lyn as my free summon. Finally, armor march. Now, can I get Hector in the course of a month? We'll see. Would also not bat an eye on a Lillina.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2018, 02:21:48 AM »
They really need to add more music though.
I'm a little worried about that, since I think (don't quote me on this because I lost the source) the datamined bosses were Fir, Bartre, Narcian, Fae, Sofia, Hawkeye - mostly FE6 with a touch of FE7. I also don't think there's another FE6 track in the game aside from the FE6 battle theme they used for cecilia and lilina's bhb. Based on this page, FE6 is actually the game with the least tracks in FEH at the moment, tied with Radiant Dawn (not counting Thracia). So either they're somehow going to release new tracks for the later levels (but then they would have probably been in the update) or they're going to mix and match with FE7 and maybe other games.
Or...we're going to have the same song until floor 100. I don't really mind so much, but I think most people will be very annoyed.

Edit: Then again, based on this
MUSIC: Beyond Distant Skies - Roy's Departure
MUSIC: Those Who Dare to Change History
MUSIC: Destiny (Ablaze)
these might be the tracks we're getting
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:30:58 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2018, 11:35:47 PM »
Is it just me or has Arena gotten really hard all of a sudden? I had my first whole-team wipeout in months and I died multiple times in other runs. Finally got my perfect 7 run, but still. Feels pretty nice to see the meta evolving though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2018, 12:25:47 AM »
Maybe a bit. Was it Dragon Emblem that TPKed you out of curiosity? Myrrh is pretty interesting. I certainly don't think she's imbalanced, but she is very powerful and I've been surprised by how crazy resilient Dragon Emblem can be at times.

I think people really should be running a lot of Wings Of Mercy on Dragon Emblem since it's pretty common to not be able to take out Myrrh in one attack, which would give them a lot of ambush value. Fortunately it's pretty rare outside of Ninian, who isn't always included. I get that Quick Riposte is kind of central to how the team works, but Wings Of Mercy support for a Brave Ike has always been a solid strategy and I think Myrrh is very similar.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2018, 01:44:09 AM »
There was a Nowi and Myrrh and two others I think. I was using Ayra in that TKO battle. I was sad that Palla was seeing less and less use in my Arena runs and then suddenly she's earned herself a spot as my anti-Myrrh unit. Putting Close Defense on her boosts her def to just within Great Flame's blindspot that I can Quick Riposte kill her in one round, it's pretty nice. And now that I think about it, I suppose Ayra can do the exact same job without QR, but my Palla has Distant Counter, and my Ayra doesn't so yeah.

I don't think she's unbalanced. Dragons are very enemy phase oriented, so getting them to attack into you tends to invalidate all of their skills. I saw a +10 FCorrin with 56 spd on Hone Dragon buffs that was crazy scary (I lost that one). That one outlier aside, they're pretty straightforward to deal with, with WoM shenanigans complicating things but when does it ever not. It helped that we had as a bonus unit a pretty good anti-dragon in Anna this week too.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #247 on: February 12, 2018, 02:06:17 AM »
Dragon teams are definitely enemy phase-oriented, but I've found myself surprised by being completely unable to crack them once they surrounded me a few times too. Especially if fortified terrain or Light Breath are involved. They're bulky and versatile-ish in their bulk, so they need to be handled with care or they can grind you down in unexpected ways.

So the spring banner is going to be coming up here soon-ish, I'll be curious to see how they'll handle the limited banners the second time around. Will we just get the same banner with the same units? Will we get new spring units? Will the old ones get tweaks? I'm hoarding stones to try to get as many BunCams as possible (since I technically need 20 of them...) but it's already tricky with Crom in the green spot with her and potentially some new units diluting the pool further.

Conqueror

« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2018, 07:34:54 AM »
I saw a +10 FCorrin with 56 spd on Hone Dragon buffs that was crazy scary (I lost that one).
Was it a Windspeed Corrin? I've run into a few and they're quite a pain to deal with.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2018, 04:35:21 PM »
Hooooly shit the last stage of Tap Battle is hard. I haven't cleared it yet on hard, I wonder if the "secret reward" is the same as on normal...

Spoiler:
Because it's pretty fucking adorable on normal. CAMS IN THE BATH.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #250 on: February 12, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »
Valentines banner is suffering.  Got reset by 5* Merric. :|

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #251 on: February 12, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »
I didn't even know 5* Merric was on the table. Gross.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #252 on: February 12, 2018, 09:38:42 PM »
Yeah he's pretty disgusting like what do you even do with him.

I'm building up a Marth because his refinement might actually be low key amazing. (He was my first ever 5* pull at launch, sitting there). I'm putting a Drive Spd on him and he's buffing everything by 2 and 6 on spd. Hoping a Drive Atk comes as a seal soon since I don't need Drive Def, then he'd be a one-person pseudo emblem buffer and a half. And he doubles as a dragon check.

edit:
Was it a Windspeed Corrin? I've run into a few and they're quite a pain to deal with.
No, she had renewal. I've actually not seen at all very many of her. Much much more Nowis.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:40:26 PM by Mеа »

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #253 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:27 PM »
I?m not sure if I missed it but...

Is here any more to the Tap Battle game other than a (kind of) fun side-game?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #254 on: February 13, 2018, 12:48:19 AM »
No point as far as we know aside from being a prize delivery system and a fun diversion. I guess they could always add some more stringent quests related to it later.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2018, 10:04:35 PM »
Got Mage Lyn as my free summon. Finally, armor march. Now, can I get Hector in the course of a month? We'll see. Would also not bat an eye on a Lillina.

Got Valentine Hector, no pitty breakers all banner, no Lillina, but a lot of scary sets without any green orbs. And now there is a chance to get Ninian... IS is not giving me a chance to stock back up on orbs...

Also wondering now if I should feed my regular Hector to Myrrh for Distant Counter.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2018, 10:16:46 PM »
Oh, I got a Cupid Roy while trying for Armor Lyn, +atk too so now I'm trying yet again for Armor March fodder :D
Mwahahahahha!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
So how's everyone doing on the GHB Elite quests? Has anyone managed to clear most or all of them so far?

I've cleared all of them with fliers and infantry, one or two with cavalry, and I think zero with armor. Shows where my priorities are I guess...

Edit: Oops, the Tempest Trial forgot to give Zelgius a weapon...

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:38:36 PM by commandercool »

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2018, 08:03:54 PM »
Yeah, weaponless Zelgius is a common bug/oversight in this tempest trial.

So far I've only done infantry Xander and nothing else, just because I randomly stumbled over a solution that I could do quick and easy while he was there.

Conqueror

« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2018, 09:37:17 PM »

I've done them all and I plan to finish Ursula's tomorrow, hopefully. I feel like that will be the hardest map yet with the enclosed spaces and lack of maneuverability.
Infantry is probably the easiest for all the GHBs because of dancer availability, the wide range of options, and the fact that most people probably have invested a lot into their infantry units. Fliers are probably even easier if you have seasonal fliers, but could be super challenging if you don't depending on the map (looking at you Infernal Xander and Robin). Armors were mostly "use BK with DD or QR seal and 3 stacking wards and pray," sometimes replacing BK with Hector. Cavs can be easy or difficult depending on the map and how much you have to tank. Cav Xander was a pain until I used Lancebreaker Cecilia to tank the spear infantry because no other space was survivable for any of my units.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2018, 09:48:03 PM »
I think Ursula will probably be the hardest one, yeah. Her map is a pain. Although I suspect it may actually be one of the more doable ones for underdeveloped armors as long as they have some source of recovery since you can take out a a good chunk of the map tanking through walls in theory.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2018, 07:56:39 AM »
Bugged Zelgius memes are pretty great.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2018, 05:01:27 PM »
Has anyone managed to beat the last floor of Tap Battle on hard? I've been chipping away at it and have been finding it REALLY difficult, but I'm not a huge rhythm game person so maybe I'm less prepared than some.

Conqueror

« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2018, 07:28:05 PM »
The scene you get is the same as the one you get for beating it on normal, if you're wondering. I beat it with about one heart remaining. Narcian himself is really hard.

And as expected, Ursula Elite GHB was the hardest but now that's finally done and over with. Flier quest was actually pretty hard this time because I don't use tanky fliers so I ended up giving my Azura fortress defense and having her tank a bunch of units (HP +5 might have been better in retrospect). Doing this without DC or seasonal fliers is probably really really difficult without extensive Wings of Mercy shenanigans. Cav quest was also pretty hard just because of all the effective weaponry, but I've seen people do easy clears using Xander and Camus.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2018, 07:38:43 PM »
I figured the ending was probably the same, but I still want to clear it. I'll keep chipping away.

Yeah, Ursula is hard. I had to swap out Summer Corrin for New Year Camilla to give my Gronnblade BunCam enough bulk to tank everything, but that did do the trick fortunately. First time I've had to actually modify my flier team (usually VanillaCamilla/Gronnblade BunCam/Bikini Corrin/NYAzura for harder PVE content).

For what it's worth, Fjorm is great for the infantry clear. I'm sure there are tons of options for infantry, but she's a nice one that everyone has.

Edible

« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2018, 09:40:42 PM »
I say to you: Has ever there been a more perfect two orb pull?  NAY.

Edible

« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2018, 09:58:56 PM »

it's so beautiful

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2018, 10:15:01 PM »
Is that what we're doing now?

Here's my attack superbane beauty yay

Edible

« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2018, 10:19:58 PM »
Oh I was more pointing out the bottom bit but I was too lazy to crop off more than one direction :V

Lyn is great though, shame I have no idea whatsoever how to build an armor team (I think I have one other armor at 40)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2018, 10:34:51 PM »
Oh I was more pointing out the bottom bit but I was too lazy to crop off more than one direction :V

Lyn is great though, shame I have no idea whatsoever how to build an armor team (I think I have one other armor at 40)
The only Lyn I'm missing is the vanilla one, go figure.

As for armor teams, just slap distant counter and armor march on things. Other than that your guess is as good as mine.