Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 200080 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: the age of dragons is upon us
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2018, 01:45:51 AM »
A datamine revealed 4 new characters, Micaiah, Sothe, Zelgius, and Oliver, guess we're getting a RD banner sometime soon, save up those orbs! I'm really surprised about Zelgius though, seems like a huge spoiler.

Can 13 year old games really be spoiled in a game that caters to the biggest fans of those games?

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: the age of dragons is upon us
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2018, 01:49:41 AM »
I'm of two minds about spoilers. On one hand, game is hella old. On the other hand, Heroes has gotten a lot of new people into Fire Emblem who then go on to play some of the older games. I guess it all comes down to whether or not Radiant Dawn is still basically inaccessible. Has it ever been released digitally or anything?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: Oliver Edition
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2018, 02:18:05 AM »
I don't think either PoR or RD have gotten digital releases.

Also, mini TT features MCorrin as expected.
New story chapter has new terrain which reduces horse movement to 1.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2018, 04:07:08 AM »
Ooh, de facto horsie nerf, huh? Sounds good to me... Now maybe some reverse-fortified squares that reduce defense instead of raising it to deal with armors and maybe we're getting somewhere with unit type parity. Dragon buffs and Attack Tactic were a good start, this is a good next step.

Meanwhile, I wonder if we're at the point where Hone Infantry wouldn't be degenerately broken? It probably still would be I guess. Maybe if they ONLY introduced Hone Infantry but not Fortify, Ward, and Goad Infantry.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »
Enemy phase teams would take a bit of a hit with that. Trying to tank infantry mages would become verrry difficult without a proper counter. Infantry still has some of the best mages, -blade tome or not. I can see it depending on what unit it's released on though -- Atk (and Def) Tactic should theoretically have made a similar sort of splash but I haven't seen it anywhere since it's locked to Siegbert.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2018, 01:09:57 PM »
Double post, but holy shoot I just completed CC11&12. Holy shoot. That was the most intense thing yet, my pulse was racing by the last 3ish maps.

Here's the team that carried me through it

Palla took care of green units that FCorrin couldn't handle, as well as repositioning on map 3 so your units aren't separated. Elise contributed some damage and was actually really helpful on map 4, the second boat map, to keep Catria pinned by gravity so she couldn't reach Palla, who was baiting Boey. Ninian was very useful as a dancer. MVP was FCorrin, needless to say. Going through this made me realize just how awesome her speed really is, she dodges through some really clutch doubles, which becomes all the more prevalent in these inflated pve lunatic maps. I do not think Nowi could handle this same role.

The worst map is stage 7 by far, seriously fuck that map. You only have 4 turns to kill everyone on a map with defense tiles and narrow bridges, and the generic lance flier has rally speed so he stays at the very top of the map rallying everyone. Good luck if the AI positions him away from your units or across the river. The thing that really annoys me is that the maps previous to it encouraged enemy phase teams and suddenly this stage you want an aggressive team.

But it's over, thank goodness, I'm feel relieved.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2018, 01:15:59 PM »
I STILL haven't beaten 11+12. There's one map toward the end, 8 I think, that has a short timer and really obnoxious placement of powerful ranged enemies on reinforced tiles hiding behind a wall that I always lose a lot of units on.

I'm sure I could figure something out if I gave it some more attention, but it's kind of nice to have something I still haven't beaten to chip away at when I'm not doing anything else.

Conqueror

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2018, 07:59:07 PM »
Props on beating it. The combination of the mountain map and 4 timed maps has always been killer for me. The temple of Mila map (probably the same map commandercool is talking about) is particularly terrible for me since I usually don't run any enemy phase units, so I've always wiped there if not before it.

Probably the most difficult content currently in the game even with all the infernal difficulties that have been released.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2018, 08:17:35 PM »
I think that's the one I'm talking about. And I do run enemy phase units, they just don't happen to match well against the combination of enemies.

They're definitely much harder than any of the Infernal maps that I can remember. But that's a good thing, having hard content is good and it's never felt like a stone wall to me (admittedly being a person with a large collection and a lot of time invested). Just like... a really sturdy dirt wall that I can bust through eventually with enough digging. :D

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2018, 10:51:56 PM »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2018, 02:24:56 AM »
My thought went towards map 8(?) with Sonya and a couple other generic units locked above behind a wall on defense tiles with Saber on a cliff to the left, but now I think you're talking about the one you have 4 turns to beat with the Ram village SoV group locked in the middle of the screen above on a hill surrounded by defense tiles and a random Bruno off in the corner. I found that one easier since there were only mage enemies as opposed to the former since there were both physical and magic enemies for both ranged and melee. But dragons destroy ranged units, so. An emblem buffed ranged unit shouldn't have too much trouble on that map I would think.

On a separate note, RNG goddesses permitting, I'm going to try go for a maximum speed invested FCorrin, a +spd -hp with +spd refined breath and Guard 3. There are like ~3 units in the game that can one-shot her (fattened Gronnblade people, Naga family) but the rest need either a double or a double+special. The only ones that can still double her are all red sword units (or +spd honed BLyn, annoyingly enough) but they won't be killing her without their special. It's a bit of a headache since Neutral iv FCorrin is also solid, but I think +spd -hp just slightly edges out better. The biggest point of annoyance will be in how much of a difference the loss of QR will be, I won't be able to counterkill BLyn for instance and that's already a headache, but I can justify her case, at least, by thinking of it in caution for her Firesweep variants.

Conqueror

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2018, 03:48:52 AM »
Was talking about Sonya and Saber's map with the cliff. Bruno's map (I think you're talking about 11-5?) is also rough but since I'm usually still running my fliers from 11-3 I just fly over the mountain barrier to take out Celica and her friends. Looking at BT's linked video gave me some ideas, maybe I'll take another crack at it soonish.

Haven't you waited forever for them to release Micaiah, Conq? How does it feel?
I'm happy she's finally here, now I just have to roll her. :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2018, 06:42:02 PM »
Oliver was a nice tough-but-fair hero battle. Took me a good handful of tries but wasn't unreasonable. I'm just not sure Oliver is very interesting as a unit, for battle or inheriting. Mirror Strike seems pretty mediocre.

Edit:

This was actually surprisingly easy. I attribute it to the Savage Blow 6 on Genny. It actually made the timed stages pretty easy with the incidental damage grinding down the whole stage at once.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 02:58:38 AM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2018, 07:53:30 AM »
congrats! \o/
I know how good Savage Blow 6 is on these PvE maps and yet it still surprises me to hear it. Maybe it's that I need to try Elise on an offensive team instead

some more notes on FCorrin:

last time I mentioned that I wanted to go for a +spd -hp Guard build. I threw the build into the mass duel calculator and the results were surprising to me, I thought FCorrin would be quick enough to score kills by doubling but it turns out she isn't. By removing QR, her kills drop by about 60% in matchups. And not even at a good cost either, her survivability (in these single duels, at least) barely changes at all.

However, a spd build does great wonders for her, at least in terms of pure numbers. I'm comparing a neutral IVs with +res refinement vs. a +spd IV with +spd refinement here. She survives more matchups and sometimes gets slightly more kills. For a bane, -hp decreases her survivability slightly compared to -res. The thing to note is that giving her a -res bane over a -hp bane doesn't seem to affect her matchups with mages at all. Even if you give her -res, she still dies to the same enemy mages without dying to any new ones. Giving her a -hp bane on the other hand makes her not be able to survive some physical units -- these being units that can still double her. The lesson being: try to keep her away from buffed units that can double her unless you know she can live. Speaking of buffed units, I'm testing these matchups against no buffs, +4/+4 atk/spd buffs, and +6/+6 buffs, and everyone with moonbow and switching between LaD, DB, and Swift Sparrow. The results tend to diverge the more extreme the buffs are, with max spd investment giving better numbers than neutral ivs +res refinement as it does.

The numbers might be better for +spd -res, but there's one critical matchup that doesn't benefit from this -- that being vs. QP Moonbow Reinhardt. She dies to him at neutral IVs, yes, but only by 3 overkill damage, meaning simply standing next to an S Supported unit lets her live barely. Switching to a +spd -res IV will make him unsurvivable. This reason alone gives me great hesitation in switching over. Not to mention that while better matchup numbers in single duels may be good on paper, it may not necessarily transfer over well in actual battles or the prolonged multi-battles with inflated stats in Chain Challenges. This was a long-winded way of saying that I'll probably be sticking to neutral ivs FCorrin for the time being until I happen upon a better Reinhardt counter.

I did a very quick comparison with Steady Breath QR Nowi, and in general it seems like she can get more kills than FCorrin, but also loses in more matchups. A more polarizing FCorrin in other words -- Nowi has much fewer draws and needs Red support much more than FCorrin does. Is what I thought, but that was with my Dark Breath++ DC FCorrin. If she ran the same Steady Breath QR set, she would do much better than Nowi would, at least going purely by the numbers. With the sheer bulk that dragons have with Fortify Dragons, the lack of speed hurts Nowi much more than worse res and hp do to FCorrin.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2018, 08:36:34 AM »
Hm... Since this is sorta all FE things thread. I thought that i do not have enough gaming torture in my life and want to start Fates Conquest Lunatic run.
Previously completed blind Hard/Classic run with no My Castle visit/battle rewards, skills etc. Aside from what i have heard about last 3-4 chapters special bullshit, how much harder is Lunatic compared to Hard?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:25:05 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2018, 01:22:10 PM »
Conquest Lunatic is very difficult. The last few stages are very, veeeery difficult.

If you've played on hard then you know that there are a lot of ninjas.
Spoiler:
On Lunatic the ninjas at the end of the game get a skill called Inevitable End that makes their shuriken debuffs *permanent*. At least until the end of the stage.
. Some of the paralogues are also extremely difficult and ask you to do unreasonable things like spread a handful of units to all corners of the map in the first two turns.

That said, it is doable. I did mine semi-blind (I had played Conquest Hard before that but had no idea what changed in Lunatic) with no DLC and a lot of suboptimal units. I did use the castle a bit though, it's very handy for later stages to respec units on the fly to deal with very specific threats.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2018, 07:03:35 AM »
Omg omg, Quick Riposte sacred seal, this is so exciting, I'm gonna have to theorycraft how Guard+QR FCorrin performs

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2018, 07:26:31 AM »
Well, for my LCQ run i decided to do a crazy thing and went +spd/-def/ninja. If i am not getting hit, then it does not matter, what potential damage i would receive, right?
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2018, 12:52:18 PM »
When reclassing Corrin just keep in mind that you're going to need a way to hit the endgame bosses with Yato. I forget, can Master Ninjas use swords? I think they can, right?

Edit:

Yaaay! Two weeks of inching my rate on this banner up to 4.5x has paid off big! They're both pretty junky natures (-HP/+SPD and - DEF/+ATK) and I can't really think of a good reason to hang onto them, so I'll be merging them with New Years Cam Prime.

Will this stop me from doing even more pulls? No, definitely it won't.

Edit edit:

So beefy...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:37:00 PM by commandercool »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2018, 03:19:58 PM »
Oof nice. I gave up on that banner after Minerva crashed my pity rate. Saving orbs for the one year anniversary will probably pay off, right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2018, 03:36:45 PM »
I've got my fingers crossed that the anniversary is going to be the day-one banners with super jacked rates. Wtb eight more vanilla Camillas for merging...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2018, 09:20:18 PM »
I wish this game had more of the biweekly(?) godfest reruns that pad has. Granted, I think it's much harder to snipe for a specific unit in pad, but some heroes have still not reappeared after their debut banner.

Besides Ninian and Corrin, I have PA Olivia really high up on my wishlist, she's so beautiful.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2018, 09:28:24 PM »
I like Camilla so I put Camilla in my Camilla and I'm starting to see some higher Arena scores as a result (and being forced to swap a BunCam for Fjorm). Just saw a 708, which is the highest score I've ever seen. I wonder if I have a shot at actually staying in tier 20 if I inherit some Astras or something..? Probably not, but I might be getting close.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2018, 10:12:20 PM »
Astra should be the same cost as every other offense skill except aether. Galeforce I just learned is also tied for highest with it, followed by the AoE skills.

You could also try using your 2 water blessings? It's water season after all and it would be a waste to leave them rotting. If you do, I would suggest putting them on normal Cam if she's +hp but not -atk or -def, and on SCam if she's +spd but not -hp or -def. Those sound like terrible IVs so I doubt you have them lol, but if you, prioritize them.

And if you're feeling really dangerous you can try swap out one of your repositions for a dual rally skill.

e: actually staying in T20 apparently requires about 5000 points, which would be 714 per round, not to mention water season Fjorm will make things a little more difficult than usual. So good luck.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:18:22 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2018, 10:18:07 PM »
That's what I meant, Aether. Honestly my team has enough punch that I very rarely need my specials for anything, so I think a bunch of Aethers and maybe a Gale Force seems reasonable. And I've certainly got the feathers to burn.

I actually just put a water blessing on vanilla Camilla a few minutes ago. Can I have it on multiple things at once? I guess I just assumed it was exclusive, but maybe not.

I don't... reeeeally want to lose a Reposition, but that's worth a thought.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2018, 10:24:48 PM »
Looks like you ninja replied me haha. Blessings are one time use but you should have 2, one from the free Fjorm and the second from last TT. I've never used them but I don't see why you can't have 2 blessed units on the same team.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2018, 11:19:46 PM »
Alright, so you can have Water Blessing on two different Camillas at the same time. Notably blessings are not like Ally Support, slapping it on one BunCam grants it only to that BunCam, not all BunCams.

I'm in tier 19 right now, but right now my project for next week is to score the shit out of it. I'll get Aethers, I'll put a double rally on something that really should have a Reposition if I have to, I'll spend fifty crests if I have to, and we'll see if I can make this a thing.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2018, 11:45:46 PM »
You might want to stick your final build in an arena score calculator to see if it's even possible to hit the 714~716 point threshold first before you invest tons of time and feathers

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2018, 11:52:07 PM »
I did not know those existed but I should have assumed that they did!

I've reached 708 once with very suboptimal specials and only one water blessing, but that's obviously a good idea. Worst case scenario I may have to cut BunCam for something with higher base stats, but man, she is so good.

Actually, PSA, if anyone has an Easter Camilla laying around that they're not using I strongly recommend investing in her and giving her Gronnraven and Triangle Adept. It is so handy to know that I get an automatic win whenever I see a team with Brave Lyn and Reinhardt on it, and she beats tons of other stuff besides that. She's expensive, but worth it. I don't know which other green mages can pull off the same trick, they'd just need a good starting defense stat, but Easter Camilla is definitely extremely well-suited for it.

Edit: Calculator has my BST at 702. How does the variance work as far as what enemy scores I can see?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:19:00 AM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2018, 02:04:37 AM »
Here is the link to the calculator for anyone else interested. Also I was wrong, to our best current knowledge, blessings give a flat bonus per activation instead of 'boosting' your bst by 6 (if you have 2 Fjorms in your team, each Water Blessing will be 'activated' twice). So it doesn't matter who you give it to, it's just a flat bonus.

Yeah, Camilla seems to be scoring at about 706 for me. I'm not sure how the variance in the enemy scores works. There isn't a lot that's understood about it currently I think, but it has something to do with how the available enemy team scores matches against your team score and also how the highest scoring enemy unit in that team compares to your highest scoring unit or something. It was mentioned that pushing your highest scoring unit higher may help you see a higher number in that varying range(?) but nothing seems certain yet.