Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199971 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: the age of dragons is upon us
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »
I'd be more ok with the armor buffs if only those new skills weren't locked exclusively to armors. They have like, what, 3 exclusive skills now? Not including emblem buffs I mean, or any of the other random skills like guidance (which doesn't benefit fliers anyway) or infantry pulse (they don't even have emblem buffs).
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 05:20:13 PM »
I want to split Tharja into pieces and spread them over a bunch of heroes. Platonically.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2017, 01:01:07 PM »
Did almost six full rounds of pulls on the Christmas banner and got the hottest of garbage. 5*s were Athena and a dupe Catria. Athena is fine, but sure isn't exciting. And the only other non-dupe of any kind that I pulled across the entire thing was a 4* Soleil.

Oh well, stones are easy to come by and I've got plenty of time, I'm sure I'll pull something interesting. I like all of the banner characters reasonably well so I'd be happy with any of them.

Little worried about the "part 1" designation though. I didn't intend to spend this many stones on it necessarily, I just got frustrated that I wasn't pulling anything good and kept going. There's always the off chance that there's a Christmas Camilla on the way and that I'll be kicking myself for spending any stones at all...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2017, 03:51:46 PM »
Oooooh? OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!?! Hello lucky free Holiday Lissa pull! Everything else though was a no go...  :3
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »
Decided to take Genny for a spin for the new chain challenges. She is absolutely savage with all the new cleric buffs. The only thing she's missing is any kind of self healing, but I suspect Gravity clerics break a lot of PVE content pretty badly.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2017, 05:35:01 PM »
Related topic first. Got a peri for a free roll and I'm sticking out of this banner, no temptation at all for me. I do hope part 2, if it's a thing, is more interesting to me.

Unrelated topic. Finished the main story of SoV hard mode that I got a bit ago. It had its flaws for sure, and I don't know how many of them are a holdover from gaiden. The invoke enemies are kinda annoying but wasn't like super aggravating. The respawning monsters is great when you want to grind (I waited until lv20 for nearly all my promotions, not including villagers) but annoying otherwise, both in dungeons and on the overworld. Really really liked a lot of the other things though.

Mvp for me was mage ring Delthea. If the game is a pizza, then she's the cheese. I cheesed so many maps with her tactical nuke option. Mvp the second goes to Tatiana and her Fortify and Warp spells (and Faye for rescue too I guess). This game gives the player a lot of very strong long range abilities and options. Like, man, conquest would be so much easier with these lol. I guess it does more harm by cutting away a lot of the critical strategic planning moments, but a lot of times if was simply to nuke the invoker out to skip out on another 15 turns of mob wave cleanup. So it balances out maybe but it not a really good way I'd imagine.

Favorite part was definitely the dialogue, I genuinely enjoyed it, Gray's lines especially were all pretty great. Think overall I liked Sonya the most though a lot of these characters I found pretty charming too. She's also the only one to
Spoiler:
get a tragic ending, if I take the epilogue at face value
, which endeared her to me more.

Also, the romantic dialogue felt more natural than the ones I've seen in conquest, these felt a lot better. Maybe it goes without saying? I don't know, didn't really like the conquest confessions in any case. Came off really weird they did.

Overall, I liked it, hope they do more Echoes. Hopefully genealogy next.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2017, 05:50:55 PM »
I still gotta finish Echoes. I like everything about it except the game... I keep picking it back up and giving up after half an hour because every battle feels like mindless busywork. Unlike Fates which is constantly throwing crazy new challenges at you, Echoes feels like it just basically copy pastes the same tiny handful of lame tricks over and over.

I really do like the production value and the characters and I feel like I owe the game a completion for the sake of those things, but I do wish they had modernized it a liiiittle more... As it stands and without having actually finished it I think I can comfortably call it the second worst Fire Emblem to get an English release over Shadow Dragon. Which is a huge shame because so much of it is so good.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2017, 06:08:47 PM »
Yeah that's the problem, the design of pretty much every map like act 4 on (or maybe 3?) was placing invoke units at the far end of the map between a bunch of walls and other enemies. For me, it wasn't so bad that I hated it, they registered cognitively different enough.

Now the generic maps I liked less so. I would rather they be a lot lot less abundant or done away with entirely, but I'm almost glad they were all the same pretty much since having to actually think those through would really have killed my mood. Overworld enemy/reinforcement maps were the worst in general.

And I guess I also don't like too much the idea of being able to grind at all in a game like fire emblem. If they decide to implement it, it shouldn't be an infinite resource like it is here.

What was wrong with Shadow Dragons? I keep hearing about how it was terrible or something.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2017, 06:26:06 PM »
It's just extremely bare-bones. Very simple level design, not many teambuilding or character customization options, basically no character relations... There's not much going on. And it tends to be heavy on siege weapons in some chapters, which are never an especially fun mechanic. Just plinking away with ballistas for tiny chip damage over many turns. No good.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »
Hey Mea, have you been using that Gravity+ team you were talking about? I've been trying something similar with Genny in the arena and it seems to struggle a lot with dancers. Weirdly not necessarily because they can break units free of gravity, either. More just that they tend to result in the enemy team getting scattered all over the map.

Because I need to fit Genny and a bonus unit on the team I don't have room for a dancer of ny own (and my stat total would probably drop to dangerously low levels if I ran a dancer AND a cleric) so my reach isn't that good, which means I can't chase down straggling enemies safely and tend to get myself flanked on confined maps.

On the plus side, the team is amazing against armor stacking. I'm running double Savage Blow on Genny and she can grind through their HP in no time while canceling out their Armor March.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »
Gravity Elise is on my team, yes, I've been using her for awhile. The thing I noticed is that when I tried to make using her my main strategy, I tended to get pushed into a corner (not enough kill power to hold everyone back). So now she's relegated to being more of a supporting role. FCorrin holds the front, with Elise occasionally throwing around gravities to make sure no one starts pushing through or around her. It's a very defensive team. I don't chase down enemies, I just let them run into FCorrin to die/clog with Elise holding the flanks back if necessary. Never had a problem with enemies getting scattered since I throw FCorrin into their range and they all gather around her.

She doesn't work against armors unfortunately, Armor March overrides the Gravity condition when it reactivates on the enemy's turn. I suppose I could try out the Savage Blow 6 combo, but the idea seems risky since it could activate some pretty nasty things, WoM and etc. How's that been in practice for you?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2017, 04:21:31 PM »
Are you sure Armor March overrides Gravity? That hasn't been my experience. I've used it it pretty extensively in PVE in the latter Chain Challenges which spam Armor March a lot.

My current team is Camilla/Brave Lucina/Genny/Anna. I like the idea of FCorrin backed by a healer though, I think I'll try swapping Lucina for FCorrin.

As for activating Wings Of Mercy, it's usually possible to steer clear and/or bait enemies with it as long as you're paying attention and don't get surprised. And almost nobody runs Escape Route.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2017, 04:42:04 PM »
Oh you're right it does work. I saw the boot symbol and thought it was overridden, very very good to know.

I have this idea for a standalone dragon I want to try building sometime with Light Breath++, Spd smoke C skill, and the Atk smoke seal, for what's essentially a Twilight breath, to be little cheesy. It's pretty expensive, but what do you think? Going for the Atk smoke C skill and like CC seal would give more bulk, it sounds fun.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2017, 05:05:16 PM »
ATK Smoke always makes me a little leery because it feels a lot worse than ATK Ploy, but I do think that makes sense.

Who's your ideal candidate for this? I keep going back to FCorrin for every dragon build because speed and color advantage over Falchion seems necessary, but it probably isn't.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2017, 05:34:49 PM »
Atk ploy wouldn't be great with any of the dragons anyway except maaaybe Fae. For my theory build, probably FCorrin, maybe YTiki against non-Falchions.

FCorrin is great, and blue is also great as a defensive color. There's an argument that Nowi may be better for enemy phase builds since spd can potentially be a little wasted if you're running QR anyway, also she has higher bst, but I'm doing just fine with the former. She can even survive some Ninos as long as she doesn't get doubled.

I've been thinking of other B skills, since QR is a little wasted at times on her (but clutches that BLyn kill). Maybe Guard? Maybe, if I used her without Ninian (I think she can survive max offense Reinhardt without buffs as long as Moonbow doesn't get to proc). I feel there's still a lot of room to play around with.

e: as in she can survive, without buffs, a max buffed (unmerged) Reinhardt, as long as Moonbow doesn't proc due to Guard. Provided you get her that +res breath. Probably wanna double check on that though.

e2: doesn't work out without some more numbers in res seems like, though just barely.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:51:02 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2017, 05:55:52 PM »
I don't think you would necessarily run ATK Ploy on the dragon itself, but it slots easily onto most teams. Doesn't even need to be on anything with huge Res since most Arena units have shitty Res. Does tend to miss on Brave Lyn though.

I'm still running Seal Res on my FCorrin but most of that is laziness since I just haven't changed it yet. It can be handy for securing kills, but it's probably mostly wasted.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2017, 12:15:48 PM »
It took me until just now to come to the obvious solution to the problems I'm experiencing with the team, which is I need to replace Ninian with a Tiki. Right now she's doing nothing, dancing isn't super necessary for enemy phase oriented teams and she's also being made heavily redundant by FCorrin as a blue dragon. And Elise isn't replaceable. It's just I don't want to fodder off my only Ninian for that Fortify Dragons, it would be way too wasteful. I hope and hope she's in the legendary banner.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »
I mean, best case scenario Fortify Dragons will be on something farmable or at least available at 4* soon. Along with, ideally, Home Dragons, Goad Dragons, and Ward Dragons in some form... Parity with horsies in 2018!

Meanwhile, oof Navarre is easy...

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2017, 08:55:10 PM »
Really shows how far the GHBs have come in term of difficulty. Navarre's map was never particularly difficult, but in the post-SI world, a simple TA Raven mage cleans up half the map.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2017, 10:39:47 PM »
I mean, best case scenario Fortify Dragons will be on something farmable or at least available at 4* soon. Along with, ideally, Home Dragons, Goad Dragons, and Ward Dragons in some form... Parity with horsies in 2018!

Meanwhile, oof Navarre is easy...
I am convinced that IS won't be releasing any new unit that will be available at 4* with any of those skills. I mean, just look at poor Flier Emblem, with Hone Fliers locked behind Hinoka and a seasonal. IS's answer to the problem was "Here have a Hinoka banner, and another Hinoka banner, and another Hinoka banner, ...". The only time we'll be getting any non-cavalry hone skill below 5* is whenever it is they decide to clean up the 5* pool. Which would at best be February at the earliest, as people are hoping.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »
There's a long survey available right now through an in-game link asking for feedback, mostly about opinion on the current events and some possible upcoming events. It's a little buried under that message about how to get Fjorm that keeps floating to the top of the news list, but I recommend everyone fill it out if you have time to answer 50 questions. Some of the hypothetical new game modes sound pretty interesting.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2017, 06:04:01 PM »
It's also worth noting that there will be another 8% 5 Star summon event with the next legendary hero, which I think should be seen as seting a pattern. There will probably be events like these everytime they release one of them, giving a possibility to scoop up some seasonal or otherwise rare units.

I personally have my eyes on Elise for this one. And I'm wondering if we'll get a free Gunnthra.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »
Ooh yeah, Elise would be great... Maybe I'll have to leave the Christmas banner alone. For the handful of hours that are left before this one comes out, anyway...

Edit: Bowbreaker on FCorrin has been doing really well for me. I've been seeing a surprising number of random non-Lyn archers lately as well as the traditional Lyn and Reinhardt on every other team...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:38:22 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2017, 08:59:20 PM »
any reason you would use bowbreaker instead of QR?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »
I have no Quick Ripostes left at all, but also by Corrin isn't minmaxed to tank Lyn so I think she would lose under rare circumstances otherwise. And few commonly used ranged enemies that aren't bow-based both aren't doubled by her naturally and don't beat her regardless. Maybe Quick Riposte would be helpful against some niche shuriken users or something.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2017, 01:03:22 AM »
Really? I'm surprised BLyn can kill her at all even with no fortify buffs or DD seals. If you're not using her as mage bait, wouldn't +def breath refinement be better and let you survive?
QR is helpful in getting doubles across that whole spectrum of 30+ speed of characters.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2017, 02:12:42 AM »
All I know for sure is that I've been left at surprisingly low health by Lyn a few times. Maybe that was her absolute max damage output, but I wasn't really paying attention enough either time to see what her set was or what buffs she had.

When I eventually find another Quick Riposte I'll most likely stick it on her, but I have literally none right now. Not even a Quick Riposte 1.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2017, 05:09:47 AM »
hmm, yeah looks like FCorrin needs the DD seal and +Def refined breath to live through max offense Lyns. I'm facing a shortage of QRs too, I'm kinda surprised, I need to give one to ATiki but I don't have any. I had to feed FCorrin a Deirdre from the legendary banner for hers.

PSA: New Years banner details are out already, so if anyone here feels the need to pull on that one, I'd suggest holding off on spending all your orbs on the legendary banner in a few hours. The only standout one is NY!Azura, a green flying singer unit, but perhaps check it out first.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2017, 05:38:57 AM »
WHAT

NEW YEARS CAMILLA

Well.

Yeah, I want that, obviously.  :V

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2017, 09:02:40 AM »
I threw 140 stones at the legendary heroes thing. Got Ryoma, Amelia, and Gunnthra.

Kinda want New Years now. I hope my stone supply can keep up.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff