Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199986 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #900 on: June 18, 2019, 12:03:52 PM »
Oh wait Guard works on Rokkr? I guess I just kind of assumed it didn't. Yeah fair.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #901 on: June 18, 2019, 09:28:52 PM »
Ooh, I just hit the max 200k damage using Palla/Est/Catria with the Guard+Galeforce strategy against Eirika. Took me all 7 turns but I could probably do it in 6 with some better skills to go around.

I used Hot spring Sakura for healing, I think an Ovoid staff to buff the sisters' bulk would be good, with some fiddling.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #902 on: June 19, 2019, 09:20:30 PM »
So far my best idea for a Rokkr team is:

-Brave Hector with Guard and an Obstruct seal
-Bride Cordelia with Brave Bow and Guard
-Picnic Genny
-Legendary Azura

I haven't really hit a combination of opponent and map where I could quite get it set up yet, but I think it should work if everything lines up right. Dealing with the reinforcements isn't necessarily hard, but they do pile up if you spend time focusing on the boss. Ideally they spawn behind The Great Wall Of Hector and die bashing into him, but the ones spawning in my back line are troublesome.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #903 on: June 20, 2019, 12:50:56 PM »
Woah, where did the new summer heroes come from? I don't remember seeing a banner announcement, but surprise!

Well, time to crack open the vault. I have 1188 stones on hand (and probably another 50 or so available and unclaimed) and I want two Swift Sparrow 4s. Three or four would be nice, ideally I'd like to keep one summer Laegjarn and have one for Brave Camilla potentially. Let's see what this costs me...

Edit: Finished! Here's what happened.

I ideally didn't want to go below 750 orbs, which would be 438 orbs spent, and my goal was three or four Summer Laegjarns.

1188-Start
1143-Kliff (45 spent, 45 total)
1041-Shiro (102 more spent, 147 total)
986-Summer Laegjarn (55 more spent, 202 total)
794-Green Ephraim (a whopping 194 more spent, 396 total)
785-Thea (9 more spent, 405 total)
767-Hardin (18 more spent, 423 total)
757-Summer Laegjarn (10 more spent, 433 total)
748-Summer Laegjarn (9 more spent, 442 total)

So that's eight Heroes in 442 stones worth of pulls, three of which were Laegjarn. Gonna spend two to give Camilla Prime and Hot Springs Camilla Swift Sparrow 4, and level one up with the possibility of sacrificing her to Brave Camilla if she ends up needing Swift Sparrow and Flier Formation. I ended up juuuust under where I wanted to be, which is quite a coincidence.

All of the other 5*s I pulled were new except Ephraim (figures the one that broke my extremely long dry spell is an unwanted off-color duplicate, but he's objectively not bad). Having that Kliff in my back pocket will be nice. I pulled a Tibarn randomly recently so I have most of the premium skills available now if I want them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:36:51 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #904 on: June 20, 2019, 08:37:24 PM »
Oh wow that is some incredibly on the dot precision sniping, I'm incredibly jelly.

Maeshima has this way of drawing every adult woman in this game with this ridiculously sultry expression to them, which I can't say I like, it looks bad. Laegjarn's attack arts are fine, but her neutral art I don't like. Doesn't fit her character either.

Free unit is summer Ylgr! One of my more favorites out of Book II, and she has good stats, I might end up building her since I have no axe units.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #905 on: June 21, 2019, 12:52:19 AM »
Oh wow that is some incredibly on the dot precision sniping, I'm incredibly jelly.

Yeah I got super lucky. I would have gone pretty deep to get two copies if I had to, and I'm happy to get a third. I think there's a strong argument to be made that Summer Laegjarn is the best magic flier. I probably won't use her much because I'm heavily invested in Summer Camilla, but Laegjarn is an absolute haymaker and would probably increase my aether raid defense win rate by a ton if I put her in. Which I'm not going to do.

Maeshima has this way of drawing every adult woman in this game with this ridiculously sultry expression to them, which I can't say I like, it looks bad. Laegjarn's attack arts are fine, but her neutral art I don't like. Doesn't fit her character either.

I don't know, I think she looks fine. Although, as shitty as this is going to sound, I didn't even notice her expression at first because her outfit is so pretty. And not in a "durr fan service" way necessarily, it's just super elegant.

Free unit is summer Ylgr! One of my more favorites out of Book II, and she has good stats, I might end up building her since I have no axe units.

She's the only character from this lineup that I don't already own in any form, so I'm happy she's the free one.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #906 on: June 21, 2019, 02:05:48 AM »
I don't know, I think she looks fine. Although, as shitty as this is going to sound, I didn't even notice her expression at first because her outfit is so pretty. And not in a "durr fan service" way necessarily, it's just super elegant.
Haha, a veritable my-face-is-up-here moment. I don't even blame you, someone on reddit described it to the effect of 'as classy as it is lewd', which I think fits pretty well. It's that, like, Satin material.
The face and pose is too jarring for me. Seeing her talk to Laevatein in the paralogue was unintentionally funny, here's her little sister enjoying the beach while she's over here posing for her Instagram account.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #907 on: June 28, 2019, 02:04:13 PM »
Aw man, I have eight Aether Raid defenses this week, five wins and three non-wins. The losses were all first battles of the day. Between that and losing some aether last night to the maintenance I don't think I'm making it to tier 21 this week either. This would be a lot easier if I changed up my defense team, but Fort Camilla needs to be staffed by Camillas dammit!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #908 on: July 04, 2019, 03:10:06 AM »
Starting to get worried about my odds of clearing Abyss Eliwood. This one feels really brutal, the map is wide open and the reinforcements spawn in absolutely crazy numbers. The upside is that they always spawn in front of you and never behind, but there are so goddamn many of them that I feel like every member of my teams needs to be able to fight because they're going to end up getting surrounded eventually. And they definitely haven't been able to do that so far. I've got some half-decent strategies involving a tentpole FCorrin but they keep ending with several green units ganging up and taking her down or an enemy horse making it through to my back line and killing a support unit. I have a few more ideas but things are looking grim with a little over 24 hours to go.

Edit: Ooookay never mind. This is the second easiest Abyss ever, there's a trick to it.
Spoiler:
Panic cuts through the entire map like a hot knife. Panic staff is the most reliable way to dole it out and it basically deletes every enemy it touches.

This was reeeeally costly. I ended up spending tons of feathers, coins, and refining stone, a few unwanted 5*s, and a ton of SP. A lot of it was on strategies that didn't even work, like giving Veronica several different staffs, but they could come up later so I'm not super worried. I ended up giving FCorrin Dull Ranged which I think was a pretty good investment, previously I had been running Chill Spd on her but this is probably a better option overall depending on the team composition. If MCorrin is there with her then I don't think she probably needs the extra relative speed.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:01:31 AM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #909 on: July 19, 2019, 11:37:04 AM »
Ohhh man, Three Houses stuff starting to come in now. And the game itself releases in a week. This game is coming out at such an awkward time for me, it's going to kill me to avoid all the spoilers. I might just have to avoid most social media until I can get my hands on it and a Switch.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #910 on: July 22, 2019, 12:55:57 PM »
Woah, if I'm reading it correctly is Rouse a completely selfish C skill? I'm not really a big fan of Solo skills as a general rule but that seems important if so. A little hard to use and a little high in opportunity cost, but nothing else does that.

The Lull skills also seem very strong. The B slot tends to be pretty flexible and the different permutations of it are great for different purposes. It's basically a flat bonus to two stats in the B slot with further upside which is again really good. Kind of a bummer it excludes fliers though. Normally I consider Flier Formation to be basically mandatory but there are a few defensive builds like raventomes that might have wanted a hypothetical Atk/Res Lull or something.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #911 on: July 30, 2019, 03:34:50 PM »
We're getting close to Brave Camilla and I know I'm probably getting bait bannered, but I'm probably going to pick up Sothis. She's just so goshdang colorful!

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #912 on: July 30, 2019, 08:34:19 PM »
I think we're getting a FEH Channel soon, or so people seem to think. I hope that special is inheritable, because it sounds great on a lot of my units.

You get 3 Houses yet?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #913 on: July 31, 2019, 12:36:20 AM »
Heck yeah. I'm not super far into it yet, around 8 hours, but I'm enjoying it. There's a lot of stuff I really don't like on paper, but I'm willing to assume it's going somewhere.

I think the school mechanics are a little stingy with doling out new facilities and options since I kind of feel like I quickly hit a rut where I'm choosing basically the same options every single time.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #914 on: July 31, 2019, 02:37:43 AM »
That's good and bad to hear. I was trying to recommend it to a friend but it's hard to recommend when you know hardly anything about it. He likes persona so I doubt he won't not enjoy anime Hogwarts, but fire Emblem has some poor writing sometimes. Hope it's a good game.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #915 on: July 31, 2019, 02:56:23 AM »
It's hard for me to say for sure, but I feel like this game might be pretty beginner-unfriendly. It just asks you to commit so much time to planning out your characters for the future and that might be daunting if you have no frame of reference for what you want them to do. You can automate a lot of that stuff so maybe it would work out, but then there's not too much to do at all during the school segments. Maybe that would be easy to roll with if you can accept that it asks you to pick a house almost sight unseen very early in the game, but I feel like I might find it kind of frustrating if this was my first Fire Emblem.

I feel like I've been nitpicking a lot (and I could do it more, like complaining about how muddy and illegible I find the battle screens to be a lot of the time or how much I dislike open-ended leveling systems) but to be more positive, the character designs are gorgeous. I love the new art style and everyone looks so clean and bright and interesting. I have a buddy who was complaining the characters "weren't gritty enough for a game about war" but that's ridiculous, as far as I can tell this game is a dating sim about trying to sleep with my coworker and also very occasionally sword fights happen.  :D

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #916 on: July 31, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »
Alright time to get Sothis. I want one and I have 1076 stones, let's hope I can avoid spending too many. Picking up some Marths and Byleths along the way wouldn't be terrible either.

1071-Greil (5 stones spent)
968-Sothis (108 stones spent)

That seems pretty fair. Looks like Sirius can't be inherited and Time's Pulse is infantry only.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #917 on: August 01, 2019, 07:57:21 AM »
Aww too bad it's not inheritable, but in fairness it would have been way too good. Pulled an LMarth and a LAlm with a couple of orbs that I had, basically the two units I didn't want out of colorless and red, cool. Man, why is Darting Blow 4 so bad, it does nothing.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #918 on: August 01, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »
I think LMarth might be the character I miss not having the most for tricky content. His niche isn't exactly rare to fill but he's *so* good at it.

Yeah Darting Blow 4 is definitely the worst of the premium skills. It's not too much better than the seal and stacking it and the seal isn't very appealing. Most of the units who are in the right strength and speed tiers to benefit from +15 speed have access to fighter skills anyway. I guess maaaaybe I could see an MGrima build with Darting Blow 7 and Vengeful Fighter or something..?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #919 on: August 02, 2019, 03:39:06 AM »
Feh Channel is up! Camilla Emblem is super blessed to have every alt be a different weapon type. Prf is nothing to write home about, but it's a nod to Elise I guess. Dong armor Alm is also super blessed.

What's with calling her the Queen of Nohr though, I thought there weren't any timelines where she goes queen.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #920 on: August 02, 2019, 01:25:06 PM »
Oh dang is she a cleric? That was probably best case scenario tbh.

I had to be rude to poor Feh and skip through the Feh Channel to get to Cam but I'll go back and watch the rest later...

I really like Brave Camilla from what we've seen. A Malig Lord with the armor from Warriors would have been flashier but this is going to make a HUGE difference in Camilla Emblem being able to consistently clear Abyss content by itself and is definitely going to be powerful. Gravity is secretly the best staff, especially against a team of Camillas with Reposition and Flier Formation...

I like her outfit a lot. Again it's not super flashy but it's pretty and cool. Garon's crown and robe look great on her, would be subject of~

She's never canonically been queen, but she was offered the crown in Birthright and abdicated. It's not much of a stretch for an alternate version of her even though it didn't actually happen.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #921 on: August 04, 2019, 11:26:59 PM »
In my quest to get a Nailah off of the tickets and random orbs, I did manage to get her, along with a Kliff, F!Berket, as well as a Summer Camilla from the Beach summon. That means I can potentially start actually trying in AR, but I foddered off my Eir, so I should wait until I get another I guess. Don't have good candidates for any of the skills, they'll probably sit dead for awhile. Juicy Wave isn't great either, mostly because all the good blue mages all have prfs already. Wish I liked Berkut more since FBerkut seems like a cool unit, but then again Warding Stance 4 is in a weird spot, I think Distant Def 4 would be better. Might just use him until I have a good place for his skill.

Lots of cool skills, nowhere to put them yet.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #922 on: August 05, 2019, 12:22:27 AM »
Yeah I think I have an extra copy of literally every gold premium skill in the game right now? Was saving them for Brave Camilla but I guess she doesn't really need them.

Thought about going in on a Nailah, she's definitely great and I need one eventually, but I guess I should save up for Brave Camilla. And maybe I'll get Nailah off of a ticket.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #923 on: August 06, 2019, 04:15:35 AM »
Oh wow this might be the single best set of refines to my memory. Last set this exciting was like the Falchion refines. Glad I held off on giving the Hackolantern to Beruka. And I've got a random Boey with Close Counter from waaay back I can fodder off to someone now.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #924 on: August 07, 2019, 01:53:42 AM »
Yeah these are pretty great honestly. I have a +10 Beruka with Hackolantern and this is a nice upgrade, although as-is I NEVER use her. She's too soft to magic and that makes her unreliable. She's an absolute house against any physical damage, even arrows, but dragons are too common for me to want to use her much. Maaaybe +4 magic bulk will make a difference...?

Selena's refine is more exciting to me. I have a pretty high-merge Selena too and this buff addresses all of her problems. I think there are going to be some really nasty potential sets on her, although I don't have a done of infantry premium skills that I'm willing to part with.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #925 on: August 07, 2019, 05:21:23 AM »
Selena's blade having the regular effect be the mini-Sagittae effect is great, you could res refine for mixed bulk and still get that stat bonus. Her Atk is low enough that Fort Def/Res might even be detrimental rather than helpful, but I suppose that's an option. Makes me want to build her. But I wish her art was better, it's the only thing holding me back. Severa better have amazing art.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #926 on: August 07, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »
I like her art fine. It's day one art but there's nothing wrong with it at all.

The biggest problem for me is that she's still the preeminent source of Reposition in the entire game and losing that much Reposition fodder would sting. :D I do think she'll be fun to build though. Mine is apparently +4 right now and I technically have enough copies to get her to +10, but I'm probably not going to do that unless I stumble into a ton more Repositioners...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #927 on: August 08, 2019, 03:20:37 AM »
I don't know that I have 11 more characters I want to build, not among the 3-4 star pool anyway. Any new units I end up pulling, low chance of that, could probably be covered by Silas/Barst in my case.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #928 on: August 13, 2019, 12:54:26 AM »

Finally finished TowelCam just now. She's secretly the all-star of my Aether defense team, people always underestimate her and she gets a shocking number of surprise kills with Flier Formation and Blue Flame.

I can only imagine how terrifying this set would be on a unit that actually has good stats. But then again she pretty much never falls short of one-shotting anyone with a bunch of Hone Fliers stacks that are invariably nearby, so maybe all of those stat points "wasted" in HP are a good thing after all. This set may not be versatile, but it is sneaky and obnoxious...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #929 on: August 13, 2019, 04:52:29 AM »
That's a coincidence, just finished merging my Clarisse today too. Only difference is, she's doing absolutely nothing. Girl sorely needs a prf or something, none of her stats really stick out. I'd give her that swift sparrow bow, but I only have 1 Louise left so I'm keeping her for the time being. A vanity project, I guess.