Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199801 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #840 on: April 10, 2019, 03:49:50 PM »
Got a Caineghis off of my free summon for the new banner. I have to admit that I've never cared for the Ike games and I don't really care about the beast units, so I'm down to fodder that Distant Defense 4. I don't really have a great place to put it though. My main ranged tank is my Gronnraven Spring Camilla and I think Triangle Adept is still a lot more important for her to do her job.

Do you think there's any merit in replacing my +10 FCorrin's Light Breath with Lightning Breath and her Distant Counter with Distant Defense 4? That seems like it specializes her too much so I'm not in a hurry to do it but I haven't done the math.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #841 on: April 10, 2019, 04:19:54 PM »
A quick chuck into the duel sim gave pretty predictable results: slightly better matchups against ranged units, slightly worse against melee units. I suppose it wouldn't be bad if your FCorrin has an +Atk asset. I would be a bit hesitant about lowering her already low Atk any further if she's +Spd instead, especially if you don't have other ways of buffing Atk. Slower specials is also a minor inconvenience, since that's how she normally gets her kills.

I think one good way of gauging these tier 4 skills is to wonder if you would have considered running the tier 3 skill on that unit. Distant Def 3 A-Slot on FCorrin? Doesn't sound great, with that awful Res.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #842 on: April 10, 2019, 04:24:54 PM »
Yeah, if it wasn't so expensive I would throw it on her just to have more situational options but that would be a huge waste. I guess I'll just hang onto it and see if it's relevant on Brave Camilla. I think built in Distant Counter and good Res are likely for her, so it very well might end up being a good fit.

My FCorrin does have a Spd boon apparently. Makes sense, ATK would be handy but since she's primarily an initiator/anchor something that contributes to both offense and defense is probably better overall.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #843 on: April 10, 2019, 05:22:51 PM »
Distant Def 4 honestly sounds pretty overkill for everything outside AR. I don't care about that mode and probably wont until I happen across a Null-C Disrupt sometime in the future, but that's the kind of the unit I'd use it for, those AR mega tanks.

I would be rather surprised if Brave anybody came with a DC weapon. Bolverk could be nice flavor, but it would be interesting if they came up with a new weapon that reflects what she ends up doing in whichever route they decide they want to pull her from (BR? CQ? RV?).

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #844 on: April 10, 2019, 06:02:03 PM »
I think it's very likely that Brave Camilla will have her Malig Master armor from Fire Emblem Warriors, and I think Bolverk or maybe Aurgelmir are strong possibilities for her weapon. Personally I'd like to see her get a Bolt Axe that gives Distant Counter and adaptive damage on enemy phase or something. Not that I'm the kind of person who requires all of my characters to have Distant Counter all of the time, but it can be a significant part of her builds in Fates so seeing it represented might be fun and useful.

There's also a chance she might get her maid outfit from Warriors, in which case I'd like to see her have a staff. For sheer utility on Camilla Emblem a staff would probably be ideal, but obviously it wouldn't be as cool as some kind of crazy super-axe.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #845 on: April 11, 2019, 05:15:05 AM »
Oh I misunderstood, I thought they removed every year 1 unit from the new/legendary/mythic banners, not only the 5 star year one units. While on one hand I find myself relieved, that also sucks.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #846 on: April 11, 2019, 06:31:03 AM »
I think it's pretty much all upside. It just focuses banners more so it's easier to get what you want. There's a lot of upside, but I guess there are two major downsides. It's worse if there's a common year-one unit that you're trying to +10 off of random pickups (like I am with MCorrin) or if there's a rare year one unit that's actually good that you might have gotten randomly on some unrelated banner.

« Reply #847 on: April 11, 2019, 07:06:49 AM »
Meh.... it doesn't have as much oomph to me anymore.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #848 on: April 17, 2019, 05:27:54 AM »

IS has used the medium of "weird hero terrarium" to bless me with this preview of what Brave Camilla will look like: A three-headed Camilla hydra with a Camilla riding it! Terrifying.

Also, my Aether Resort seems to REALLY want to ship Camilla and Marth. Marth shows up uninvited in the bath and in the dreams of several different Camillas at different times. Weird...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #849 on: April 19, 2019, 01:44:30 PM »
Oh man, I'm gonna have to fight the urge to dip into the Camilla Fund to try to get Picnic Genny. Sheepgirl so good. I would totally be down for seven different Genny alts.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #850 on: April 19, 2019, 03:38:54 PM »
Man, it is a crime that SoV has such a lack of supports conversations, that was like half the amount of speaking lines that she had in that game in this paralogue map.

And the dialogues were surprisingly enjoyable for what they were. Good seasonal theme. It's too bad the unit types are boring. Armors feel awful to use and staffs aren't interesting to build.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #851 on: April 27, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »
Allegiance Battles seems like an alright distraction. They need to make the maps more interesting if they want to make it more enjoyable though.
(edit: trying to optimize the score is actually somewhat challenging, so on second thought I think the current difficulty works too)

I think healers would make for great proxy units. Free pokes and provides heals for your team. Savage Pain could be great if you pair with a Vantage unit, and the other staffs like Flash, Witchy Wand, and spring Genny's staff can provide safe support too.

Anyone have any requests though?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 12:31:59 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #852 on: April 29, 2019, 03:59:09 AM »
Finally got around to trying the new mode out. I haven't really figured out the minutia yet, it seems kinda weirdly complicated, but I look forward to figuring it out. Anything that uses the friend list is nice.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #853 on: April 30, 2019, 10:04:52 PM »
Maybe everyone knew this, it I didn't realize there were daily reward maps and almost let the first one expire because they're not visible on the top page. You have to scroll down to them.

Edit: I was finally tempted by Picnic Genny's cuteness and broke into the Camilla Fund for the first time in several months. 39 stones, one Picnic Genny. Good deal!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 03:59:45 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #854 on: May 01, 2019, 05:43:39 PM »
That's not even a chip on the piggy bank!

I'm also starting to amass an amount, about 300 orbs now. Don't really know for who, if there's a PA Olivia + FGrima banner I might go in on that. But otherwise I'll probably end up just saving forever until, idk, Thrasir or something, depending on how she turns out.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #855 on: May 01, 2019, 05:58:44 PM »
I've started to amass enough spare vanilla Camillas that I'm going to +10 a third one. This might end up being a stupid or pointless idea and I haven't run the actual numbers on it, but I'm going to make her a physically defensive anti-armor Camilla.

I'm planning to give her Slaying Hammer (Def Refine), double Close Def, Axebreaker, and probably Aether. I assume she should have no trouble with +10 Surtr, but we'll see.

I feel like we really need a skill that makes units immune to non-attack damage. That would be a nice missing piece in the puzzle toward countering degenerate strategies. I'm assuming it would be a A skill, and best case scenario it would protect from status as well. Or I guess it could be a series of special banner weapons or something. It would definitely be able to be used for evil in PVE, but that's a price I'm willing to pay. In a perfect world a splash damage protection skill would only be equippable by non-armors, but in the world we live in it would probably end up being armor exclusive...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #856 on: May 01, 2019, 08:32:47 PM »
Surtr's a tough nut to crack physically. Depending on how many prf Camillas and/or Goads you're running, using Atk/Def Bond (from Rutger in the A slot, maybe even double Atk/Def bond?) might more reliably get you the kill on him.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #857 on: May 02, 2019, 04:03:21 AM »
Yeah, I never know how many goads to factor into my calculations, but probably a lot. I'll figure out how many I end up needing, but Atk/Def Bond is a good idea.

I'm sort of figuring out how Allegiance Battles work, and I am liking it a lot. Definitely a puzzle figuring out how to maximize score, and that's fun. There are still a few parts of it I don't really understand (mostly involving friend scoring and whatever synergy is) but the main game mode is clear enough.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #858 on: May 05, 2019, 05:25:31 PM »

This was another crazy one for sure. Definitely took me a fraction of the time to puzzle out that Abyss Roy did but Alm is probably the strongest single unit ever. In a vacuum Hrid or Roy might be stronger, but Alm basically has no significant weaknesses to exploit so you really have to deal with him fairly.

Insane speed and bulk with Null Follow-Up means it takes like three rounds of attacks to kill him, but Camilla's Drag Back and Gale Force made short work of him once I got the specifics figured out. His minions are pretty obnoxious since a lot of them are cavalry that spawn far away behind a wall, but I feel like he had one fewer reinforcement wave than most Abyss maps.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #859 on: May 08, 2019, 08:23:01 AM »
That horse Aversa quest might have been a lot different if I didn't have Hrid. He's really really good.

New fallen hero banner looks really cool. Berkut's the clear winner here -- I would be down for more conditional DC units --, and FCorrin's a weak choice, but a great assortment all the same. Apparently a free Delthea too? Not spending any stones here, but glad to have them in the game.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #860 on: May 08, 2019, 01:32:17 PM »
I figured I would be spending stones on FCorrin for sure when I saw the banner announcement, but she's pretty disappointing. No Nohr noble armor, no significantly different dragon form, cleanly the weakest abilities of any of them. Her idle animation is fun but that's about it.

Berkut's portrait and animations are crazy. I like him a lot.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #861 on: May 10, 2019, 06:39:42 PM »
Wasn't planning on using any stones but rolling idly with the tickets was very generous to me, giving me 4 Tikis in the first 80 orbs.

So I went all in and didn't come out with any more, unfortunately, though I did get 4 Corrins and 3 other pity breaks. Not bad, all things considered.

Really wanted Tiki for her adorable art, but Corrin is ok too I guess. Really have no idea what to do with her.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #862 on: May 10, 2019, 06:47:14 PM »
That still sounds pretty decent!

I got a second Caineghis off my free summon which is neat, and I've been grabbing all blue summons whenever I spend a ticket trying to get Berkut. I don't feel like I need him, but I'm getting low on double rally fodder for the arena so I'm okay doing pulls where I might get a random Roderick or something. Nothin special yet off of those so far and I probably won't keep going after I spend all the tickets, but fingers crossed.

Edit: No such luck, but I did get a second Selkie. Two off-banner units from the same recent banner. And duplicates of the only two I have from that banner no less. Weird.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:04:27 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #863 on: May 10, 2019, 07:06:05 PM »
Extra DD4 fodder, nice, that must be fun to have. I think Selkie has lowkey the most broken weapon in the game.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #864 on: May 10, 2019, 07:17:21 PM »
I haven't found a use for my first Distant Defense 4, but having a second means I can afford to be a little less careful with it.

Selkie is definitely great, yeah. Too bad that weapon is one a cavalry unit. If I had something similar that could go on a flier or a powerful mage it would be nuts. My Selkie basically has her base kit though, I'm sure I could minmax her a lot.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #865 on: May 10, 2019, 07:32:34 PM »
Fury should be all she really needs, budget or not. Gives her more visible Res along with other stats. I suppose Fortress Def/Res can be even better, but that's expensive.

I'm glad melee Cavs are getting nice units, they've been getting the short end this whole time.

Edit: oh right, one of my pity breakers was Maribelle, I could probably get some weird combo happening with Trilemma and Palla's prf + Cancel Affinity. I do have a hot spring Sakura I could use for this, but I might wait until another flying staff unit is released. I'm expecting we'll be getting a free one sometime in the next couple of months.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:46:14 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #866 on: May 18, 2019, 02:30:03 PM »
I got five Aether Raid wins in a row over the last couple of days, the biggest streak I've ever gotten, and every single one was some slight variation on "they assumed they could tank Bathtime Camilla and she one-shotted them with Quickened Pulse+Blue Flame". Owain had to die so she may live, but it was super worth it. :D

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #867 on: May 20, 2019, 07:20:11 AM »
I have to wonder how popular Fjorm is, she's getting a lot of alts (and an appearance in Dragalia Lost). She must be at least somewhat popular to be getting so much attention.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #868 on: May 20, 2019, 12:57:00 PM »
My vague impression is that she started out somewhat popular but the devs want her to be as popular as possible since she's more or less than a face of the game. And that she got a pretty big popularity boost, at least amongst bitter assholes who dump on every new character by default, after her Forging Bonds with Mordecai.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #869 on: May 23, 2019, 08:19:09 PM »
I'd want to like her more if she wasn't just an anime waifu with hots for the Summoner. Girl really needed to be more involved in book 2. Focusing on her desire for revenge could have been interesting but nothing came out of it and then they semi- killed her off for no good reason. I'm glad she's getting some screentime like in that forging bonds but it's pretty filler.