Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 20448 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: commander_cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #780 on: October 30, 2018, 01:26:51 pm »
I have a shot at another crown this week. I'm in tier 20 with a water season and two of the new featured units to choose from. I'm not sure how to expect unmerged Loki to score though even with a duel skill, so maybe the fact that I have to bring two unmerged units between her and Fjorm will be too much of a score hit.

Edit: So after playing a few games with an arena team with Loki, my impression is that it scores surprisingly high (I guess the extra few merges since last time made a big difference) but Loki is bad so it's hard to use. I have to rely on other units chipping down enemies but not killing them which is a hassle and very inconsistent. Or I could give Loki Dazzling Staff or maybe a different weapon I guess, but I only have one Dazzling Staff fodder and if I give her a different weapon then I'll probably need to give her Wrathful Staff...

This is a very different experience from last time when I was just tanking absolutely everything with a juiced Fjorm, so the change of pace might be fun.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:51:37 pm by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #781 on: November 01, 2018, 02:25:47 am »
The new Abyss maps remind me of the last pair, where Eirika is incredibly difficult and Lyn is disappointingly easy. I don't even know how I'm going to handle Eirika, nothing I've tried so far has even really gotten close. I'm sure I'll figure something out though and I look forward to puzzling it out, but there's no doubt that it's by far the hardest thing in the game.

Edit: I was going to do "just one more run" before bed and ended up playing for an hour and slowly figuring it out. This took a ton of fine-tuning, but I managed to squeak out a win with your friend and mine, Camilla's sister. :D

The secret was planning in advance to have units in the correct places when reinforcements spawned at the very bottom of the map so I could immediately kill them and use the choke point to funnel the enemies spawning everywhere else. Enemy healers will seemingly always heal even over getting a kill so keep that in mind when dealing with the cavalry healer.

Also be aware that there are some reinforcement waves that spawn surprisingly late, well after I figured I had the map locked down. They may even spawn indefinitely every other round, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 04:10:41 am by commandercool »

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
  • Nickname: KogasaLover
« Reply #782 on: November 01, 2018, 11:58:18 pm »
I noticed when doing Infernal that killing the flier triggers the green mage to appear and that killing the cav red mage causes the infantry red mage to appear, the rest just appear by turns
Mwahahahahha!

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #783 on: November 02, 2018, 12:29:53 am »
Oh shit really? That explains a lot then. Huh. That's not a mechanic we see often in Heroes is it?

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
  • Nickname: Next
« Reply #784 on: November 02, 2018, 12:37:15 am »
I think Legendary Hector's map had this too. One of them did.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
  • Nickname: KogasaLover
« Reply #785 on: November 06, 2018, 05:23:20 pm »
We'll have a new FEH channel coming 8th at 12:30 +9, length would be around 13 minutes
Mwahahahahha!

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #786 on: November 06, 2018, 05:26:51 pm »
Looks like it's not going to be 3.0, but hopefully it'll give us some neat stuff before 3.0 gets revealed in December.

Fingers crossed for more Abyss content, but obviously a skill refinery, arena 3.0, and villager mode would be great if they're in the cards.

Edit: Oh FUCK new Camilla.

I acknowledge that we did not need a fifth Camilla and that someone else could have used that slot.

That said, her outfit is gorgeous, best-looking one yet, wtb. :3
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 04:25:03 am by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #787 on: November 08, 2018, 03:51:48 pm »
So the new Feh Channel had three important pieces of information:

-We're getting the much-demanded ability to buy past GHB and Tempest Trial units with a new currency (unfortunately not including the starters).

-New game mode replacing gardens that's more or less the PVP from Fates.

-And most important of all, Feh is confirmed to be a green mage. Playable Feh when?!

(Oh yeah and something something book three.)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
  • Nickname: Next
« Reply #788 on: November 09, 2018, 06:22:31 pm »
There are probably some problems I'm missing, but man do Aether Raids feel so much better than Arena. I actually get to use all the units in my team? Wow, such a liberating concept. It's been so long since I've been able to use Reposition against pvp teams too.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #789 on: November 09, 2018, 08:02:29 pm »
And you can view replays finally! It's so good! There are probably some bad things about it that we haven't discovered yet but there's a ton that's good about it.

I bought some stones and failed to pull Dream Camilla (although I got Dream FCorrin) and am trying to decide whether I can be patient or if I'm going to buy myself some more as an early birthday present to myself. If I did and still didn't pull her I would be pretty bummed though...

Edit: Yeah, I decided to buy some orbs and got a Dream Camilla (-atk/+spd, could be much better and much worse), and a Dream MCorrin for my trouble. Spent more on this than I would have liked but it's fine. Happy early birthday to me. 🎉
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:03:59 pm by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #790 on: November 19, 2018, 01:25:58 am »
I did okay on the first round of Aether Raids, which I'm happy with especially considering that I didn't really understand the scoring mechanism at first. Got a silver throne, although I can't actually use it because I'm not a high enough strata apparently. I'm curious/concerned to see what happens once people start losing score on defense, I only actually won like three defenses over the whole event, so if each loss loses more than a couple of points I'll just be stuck in tier 11 forever and I assume everyone else will be too. A decent chunk of my defenses took out at least one enemy, so if that counts for anything I might be okay, but I suspect it won't.

Edit: I gotta admit, for how atrocious Aether Raid defense teams look on paper I keep surprising myself with how much fun they are to fight. Every enemy team is either Aversa or cavalry with Veronika or some combination of multiple healers and dancers (and maybe Aversa) but I have yet to run into one that just felt impossible.

We're at the point where I can no longer reliably destroy both enemy resources, but the actual battles have remained more or less doable despite how similar the teams are, and they can be fun puzzles of figuring out the flaw in the layout.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:34:36 pm by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #791 on: November 25, 2018, 11:27:53 pm »

Yeeees! Too bad I won't be able to use it forever because it's inexplicably locked until tier 19.

Edit: Fuuuuck had my first aether raid attack loss this morning thanks to a misclick where I Repositioned one of my units away and timed out before killing all opponents as a result. Because of the weird way this game mode is constructed that's going to have a long-lasting impact...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:34:36 pm by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #792 on: December 04, 2018, 04:27:49 am »
Just finished the last of the new Abyss maps. Ryoma isn't too bad, Lucina is very difficult (and the eponymous lady might be the single most powerful unit we've ever seen in terms of sheer killpower and mobility), and Hrid is absolutely brutal. I had to try so many different things before I figured out a strat for him, I didn't have to dip into my reserve of premium skill inherits to craft a perfect counter for him but it got close.

I probably spent a combined eight hours working on these three maps, maybe more, and it was a blast. This is the best part of the game by far for me. I'm so glad Reddit doesn't get to design Abyss maps or they would consist of a single weak enemy with no weapon who tells you that you're good at Fire Emblem when you topple it over. People seem to hate reinforcements apparently, but I love them and absolutely don't believe that using them at all instantly counts as "bad design". Reinforcements are usually pretty bad in a traditional Fire Emblem game where surprise spawns late in a long map can turn it into a repetitive rote memorization task, but games are so fast in Heroes that it's not a hassle to trial-and-error through them. Losing a 60-second run to a sneaky reinforcement is a lot better than wasting an hour in Awakening. The only way to plausibly make a map this difficult without them would just be to require incredible specific unit counters and/or have a harsh timer, which doesn't sound anywhere near as interesting.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:33:04 am by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #793 on: December 10, 2018, 11:15:41 pm »
Book three looks pretty spicy. We got edgy metal music, goofball edgy bad guys, beast units (birdy beast units are three-movement fliers when transformed!) and a new season mechanic that's going to effect Aether Raids in some way that's not touched on at all in the preview but seems pretty important.

Plus Feh drops a brief mention about how she should be able to transform like a Laguz too, I expect personified Feh fanart ASAP. I assume she's a cute chubby girl with glasses and messy hair.

Not too much revealed, but we hit the main thing people were expecting next to a skill refinery in beast units.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Dan
« Reply #794 on: December 10, 2018, 11:55:20 pm »
They're gonna run outta adjectives for special heroes soon!

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.