Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 202525 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2018, 09:14:22 PM »
We're quite overdue for a lot of things. Serpent tomes, for example, are still blue only. There haven't been any new inheritable specials since... I don't want to say since launch but I'm not so sure.  I keep hearing ideas for a Rend Heaven special tossed around, that would be cool. More prf specials could be nice, they really change how units work without touching their ABC skill slots at all. Ice Mirror was cool but they haven't done anything like it since.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #661 on: August 02, 2018, 01:51:47 AM »
Oh nooo, there are two simultaneous banners with limited Camillas right now! I'm prooobably going to try to avoid the Legendary Lucina banner since legendary banners are always so horrible for me, but if the Sketchy Summer banner pays out big soon I might hop over there. I'm up to 4.5% on the summer banner, so I'm either going to get what I want or yet another Olwen soon I think.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #662 on: August 06, 2018, 08:57:31 AM »
Another change of plans, I'm going to try fit Titania in slot 3. I had my eye on her for awhile and I think she'd have pretty good advice to give Palla about unrequited love and etc. and her missing a mother figure and all. And what with the new arena changes, having a permanent triple Tactic user on the team isn't a bad idea since the bonus unit could use some of those buffs to get kills.

I don't know how I would have completed the armor quest for FTakumi without LHector. I was reserving him for DC fodder but now I'm loathe to let him go. Ergh, I guess I could hold onto him for a bit since I really don't have anyone needing DC atm.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #663 on: August 06, 2018, 12:47:02 PM »
Now that you've seen that stage in Conquest you can see what a cute facsimile of it the Heroes stage is.

I haven't tried the armor challenge yet but it's inevitably going to come down to "cross my fingers and hope MGrima is enough" like all of the Infernal armor challenges. And it worked there every time eventually, so maybe?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #664 on: August 06, 2018, 08:58:07 PM »
Yo, I can't remember the last time I had to use a guide to beat a GHB

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #665 on: August 08, 2018, 05:38:48 AM »
Hoshido outfits for these guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgyf4SzOTa0

Spoiler:
That Xander though -nah fam- ... Ryoma though -throws my wallet at the screen-
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 05:47:12 AM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #666 on: August 09, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
Alright, I've done every pull that I can plausibly do on the Sketchy Summer banner. The grand total for a full month's worth of orbs is:

-5 Summer Camillas
-1 Summer Tiki that I pulled accidentally on a screen with no blue summons

That couldn't really have gone much better honestly. Really happy with that.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #667 on: August 10, 2018, 07:57:13 AM »
Wow that's insanely lucky. I blew all my orbs on the legendary banner for what I now realize was no reason at all, I didn't need any of them. Probably boredom. Did get a bunch of Ishtars though.
In a state of lucidity, I pulled an MGrima on my free summon from that Fighter banner, so now LHector is free to be foddered again. Also pulled my last Palla today. I'm keeping her at +9 because I have a Spd boon one in reserve just in case the Whitewings ever get a refine that likes Spd. I feel like they're going to be getting refines sometime in the next couple months.

There's a New Heroes banner coming up on the 21st that people are suspecting might be the CYL2 banner since it fits the time frame. It also comes with a Voting Gauntlet and a Bond Forging event, lending more suspicion towards it. So if CYL2 is your thing, it might be good to hold onto those orbs if you were on the fence about spending them.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #668 on: August 11, 2018, 03:59:51 AM »
Alright, I finally managed to beat Fallen Takumi's armor quest after many tries. It took finally finishing the Brave Bow Halloween Jakob set that I've been meaning to put together for a while. I'm kiiiiind of considering trying to get a Bold Fighter fodder from the Fighter banner to really make the set crazy, but Wary Fighter is nice too since it's so stable that way even if the damage output is way lower.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #669 on: August 16, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »
Oh oops, I almost missed Feh's weird riddle yesterday. Noticed it 20 minutes before the deadline. I haven't looked at the clue for today's yet.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #670 on: August 17, 2018, 02:09:46 AM »
I wrote a script to 2-turn autobattle Rival Domains to farm HM for me, it's been fairly lucrative--full 5K HM in a little under 6 and a half hours. But oddly enough, having done this, I'm now more appreciative of FEH's slower feather income. Having a way to get a lot of feathers to merge units feels really boring. It reminds me of PAD where you go through the motions of max leveling, max awakening, and max skilling each new monster you want to use. I'm on top of my arena core merge project so I don't have anything else to spend it on at the moment. This is where I'd spend feathers to get a merge on the Askr units if we could.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #671 on: August 17, 2018, 02:26:13 AM »
Yeah, people have been accusing Fire Emblem Heroes of being a completely anti-F2P game lately in light of the new arena changes. I think that's ridiculous given how generous the game is and how player-friendly the gacha system is (in that it's fairly easy to get any limited unit that you want, but whaling is still encouraged if you want to +10 limited units), but the one place where I can sort of agree with that is in the handling of the starter units. The weapon refines are nice for as maligned as they are, but the fact that the starts have been kept strictly un-mergeable is pretty unfortunate.

Given the starter units' status as unsellable locked units traditional merges don't really make sense, but I'd love to see some kind of process for upgrading them. A perfect world would give us some kind of storefront to spend arena medals and badges that sells +1s to starter units, easier access to some rare abilities (it does't even need to be the super premium ones, just more variety) and maybe feathers and orbs at a steep exchange rate.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #672 on: August 17, 2018, 02:58:29 AM »
I have some opinions on the bonus unit changes, but it being anti-f2p isn't one of them. I think the change is pretty dumb since it won't impact your score at all if everyone does it too (which is similar to my argument against free Legendary Heroes), but you need to do it to keep up. Also that you're spending most of your time spoonfeeding kills to an outside unit instead of using the characters you've invested so much into. I'm all for changes since Arena was getting pretty stale, but this wasn't it.

And it's not even that bad trying to figure out a way to feed them kills, it encourages a new way of strategic thinking that I'd say is pretty fun, but the current arena change isn't that good. FEH is incredibly generous with resources and it's very f2p friendly, but if I have one grievance with IS, it's with how they seem pretty disconnected from the playerbase.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #673 on: August 17, 2018, 12:14:45 PM »
It's going to be interesting to see if funneling off the whales into their own tier will free up much space in tier 20. I assume it won't in any very meaningful way, but there have been times where I was on the borderline of tier 20.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #674 on: August 20, 2018, 02:36:18 AM »
Heyyy, so apparently it IS CYL2 on Tuesday. We're getting a FEH channel tomorrow, that time being about 25 hours from now.

Really excited to see Veronica. Don't super care about the others, except maybe Ephraim.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #675 on: August 20, 2018, 02:38:12 AM »
Oh wow, that's earlier than expected! Didn't people have it pegged for the 24th?

So far I think I only care about Veronica too. Do you think she'll have a new Legendary Hero outfit or will we get her with her enemy model and portraits?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #676 on: August 20, 2018, 02:45:04 AM »
I would be disappointed if all they gave us was story Veronica. I'm personally hoping for an older Veronica after she's become queen of Embla, but I'll take just about anything new for her.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #677 on: August 20, 2018, 03:52:37 AM »
Well if she's not bound to the current enemy version for skills then I'd like to see her have a cavalry-friendly version of Sanaki's tome so she can work with Xander. And maybe a personal skill that's a multi-Tactic or something.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #678 on: August 20, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »
Some guy asked FEH staff if they have to use their free CYL1 summon until tomorrow and they answered YES! Which means we're probably getting a free pick for CYL2 too, to replace the old one.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #679 on: August 20, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »
I'll say this for the new Arena system, it seems to have made getting Arena defenses a lot easier again. Although I never know how many of my defenses are because my team won or how many are my opponents choosing not to fight back because they want Camilla(s) to step on them...

Some guy asked FEH staff if they have to use their free CYL1 summon until tomorrow and they answered YES! Which means we're probably getting a free pick for CYL2 too, to replace the old one.

Ooh, nice! I have a buddy who just started playing Thursday, good news for him.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #680 on: August 21, 2018, 04:16:19 AM »
I was kinda hoping Kozaki wouldn't be the artist for Veronica since I find his art kinda bland, but oh well. She seems cool, built in Dazzling outperforms every dagger like it. But I'm not lacking for healers or debuffers so I'm going to have to deliberate on who to pick.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #681 on: August 21, 2018, 09:25:58 AM »
Decided to dump 140 orbs into the banner and I'll definitely be doing more as I get more orbs because the result was absolutely nuts. Here are the 5*s:

-Brave Ephraim
-Fallen Celica (dupe)
-Rhajat (dupe)
-Maribelle
-Deirdre

Plus a handful of 4* fodder units. My only real complaint is that I only pulled a single Reposition fodder, since I'm dangerously low on those.

I picked Veronica for my free summon since she's a new character. Thought about waiting until the banner was almost ever to decide what to get, but I'd be happy with duplicates of her.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #682 on: August 21, 2018, 05:19:59 PM »
That last paralogue map was the single most painful and difficult story map I've ever had to do yet in this game (besides maybe the Veronica one way back before skill inheritance). I dread doing the chain challenge for this.

edit: or not. Thank you Elise, I love you.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:43:43 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #683 on: August 22, 2018, 01:03:04 PM »
I didn't think it was that bad but it's probably one of those things where Camilla Emblem just happens to line up really well with it and it's going to wreck me in chain challenges and stuff.

Is Death Blow 4 inheritable?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #684 on: August 22, 2018, 02:46:27 PM »
Decided to roll in the dancer banner instead of the brave banner and netted myself Dancer Elincia and 4* Ares... everything else was dupes. Not bad if I say so myself... although I do want dancer Ryoma and Xander before the banner ends. :(
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #685 on: August 22, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »
Yep, Death Blow 4 is inheritable. What's more, it's 300sp, just like DC, making it a viable scoring option too.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #686 on: August 22, 2018, 05:22:07 PM »
Oof, okay, gotta hunt down a Celica to feed to Summer Camilla then since she's currently using Death Blow 3.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #687 on: August 25, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
Alright, I got Brave Celica. Now I have have a few choices for what to do. I don't want to leave Death Blow 3 on Summer Camilla because my sense of symmetry won't let her be "unfinished". For reference, this is her current set. She's always used on a team with a lot of flyer buffs.

So I can:

-Put Death Blow 4 on Summer Camilla.

-Put another A skill on Summer Camilla (Fury, Life And Death, and Swift Sparrow all seem like decent options) and keep Celica.

-Put another A skill on Summer Camilla and put Death Blow 4 on my +10 Camilla over her current Swift Sparrow A skill for scoring reasons.

No matter how this shakes out I'll most likely keep pulling on this banner until it ends trying to get more Brave Celicas. She seems like a pretty valuable fodder.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #688 on: August 25, 2018, 07:34:35 PM »
Alright, I got Brave Celica. Now I have have a few choices for what to do. I don't want to leave Death Blow 3 on Summer Camilla because my sense of symmetry won't let her be "unfinished". For reference, this is her current set. She's always used on a team with a lot of flyer buffs.

So I can:

-Put Death Blow 4 on Summer Camilla.

-Put another A skill on Summer Camilla (Fury, Life And Death, and Swift Sparrow all seem like decent options) and keep Celica.

-Put another A skill on Summer Camilla and put Death Blow 4 on my +10 Camilla over her current Swift Sparrow A skill for scoring reasons.

No matter how this shakes out I'll most likely keep pulling on this banner until it ends trying to get more Brave Celicas. She seems like a pretty valuable fodder.
If you're like me and you like looking at all your units, then don't fodder B!Celica and give Cam another A skill.
If you're one of those people who like to flash their best unit with the best skills and crazy SI, then fodder B!Celica off.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #689 on: August 25, 2018, 08:10:00 PM »
I'm suspecting, with no adequate justification, that we'll be getting some kind of skill refinery option sometime in the next couple of months. It took 4 months between Saber getting released with the Slaying Edge (July) until weapon refinery became a thing (November).

Perhaps save your orbs for merges for now? You did get one.

I'm currently sitting at rank 1534/3023 with a score of 3707 in T20. It's been very, very very slowly falling over the past week and I think I may just have enough to make it into Tier 21 this week. It took fishing for 730s and killing everyone with Alfonse. I missed I think 1 kill (a L!Lucina) and one of them was 728. With the whales kicked upwards last week, the score threshold should have dropped a bit, maybe enough for me to be a Tier 20.5 -er now.