Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199832 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: the age of dragons is upon us
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2017, 09:50:46 AM »
Threw my 250 ish orbs at the colorless end of the legendary banner to try get Elise, but knowing the probability is pretty low and I would be fine with getting the other two anyway seeing as I didn't have them yet. Ended up with 2 Bride Lyns and 1 Innes. A little disappointing but it was about what I expected so I'm not at all salty or anything. I was able to make a +5 Kagero out of it, though 4*, so it wasn't all bad. Never used dagger units prior to this so this'll be a little interesting, seeing how they are with refinement.

Thankfully I don't actually want anything out of the NY banner.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2017, 06:58:14 PM »
Got Elise and Spring Chrom out of the 50 orbs I threw at the banner, which is completely and utterly fine with me, thought I kinda want to go back for more greens. Gonna think about this until the last day of the banner, I guess.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »
I got a Bridalyn and she's speed boon to boot so I'm pretty happy with that.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »
Looks like New Year Azura gets Hone Fliers. Still bullshit exclusive, but at least it's getting spread around a bit more.

I'm going all-in on New Year Camilla obviously, but once (not if, WHEN) I pull her I'm not sure if I'll go for Azura or try to get more copies of Camilla.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2017, 04:30:51 PM »
Only thing I got from the legendary hero gacha was a dupe Ryoma, but omfg that New Years Takumi and Camilla though. <3
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2017, 10:59:35 PM »
Update:

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2017, 11:27:58 PM »
oh wow, 47/39 is pretty good I'm kinda surprised. She can't run ploys but I'll have to consider trying her out sometime.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2017, 12:06:20 AM »
oh wow, 47/39 is pretty good I'm kinda surprised. She can't run ploys but I'll have to consider trying her out sometime.
I mean, if you can get dazzling and wrathful on a single healer, you may have better options - Lyn's attack is pretty low without the +3 Attack skill, +3 Attack seal and +2 summoner support bonuses, and Candlelight isn't really that useful, I might replace it with Pain or Gravity later.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2017, 12:23:20 AM »
As someone who's running a Genny with Gravity, Dazzling Staff, Wrathful Staff, and Savage Blow 6 right now, I recommend doing that. It's realgood. Genny's main drawback is horrible speed that makes her more frail than she should be, so Bride Lyn covers that nicely.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2017, 12:47:12 AM »
Looks like we're getting New Year's MCorrin as some sort of event reward.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2017, 03:29:10 AM »
I mean, if you can get dazzling and wrathful on a single healer, you may have better options - Lyn's attack is pretty low without the +3 Attack skill, +3 Attack seal and +2 summoner support bonuses, and Candlelight isn't really that useful, I might replace it with Pain or Gravity later.
Oh right, I forgot about the summoner support bonuses. 37 spd is still good though. If you do end up going for the Pain staff, you'll have to let us know how it works out. I've yet to really notice Savage Blow 6 and I'm not sure how Pain would really make that better, or on what kind of teams it would be most useful on.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2017, 03:40:09 AM »
"Yet to really notice Savage Blow", huh? Kind of surprised to hear that. You mentioned that the gravity strategy tends to lose because it doesn't have the stopping power to actually kill things and tends to lose when it gets cornered. I've found that Savage Blow makes it so that after 1-2 Gravity uses the opponent's team is so crippled that a sneeze from anything will finish them off, which mitigates that issue almost entirely. By the time they've caught you they're so weak that you can just topple them over.

I've also been seeing a ton of Armor Ward stacking teams lately and Savage Blow chews through those like they're made of paper. I don't know if they just match the score of my team or something, but I've even seen people remove Armor March from characters that have it naturally to put a Ward Armor or Fortify Armor on that character.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2017, 04:16:31 AM »
Hmm, that may be it, scoring disparities. I'm still in the lower dancer + horses range. On turn 1 they're already halfway across the map and there's not much time for any gravity use. Not to mention they all get separated from each other, so Savage Blow gets no opportunities either.

Conqueror

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2017, 04:21:12 AM »
Just pulled an Elise and I'm going to try to build her. For people running her with gravity, is the dazzling or wrathful upgrade preferred?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2017, 05:16:22 AM »
So jelly ; ;
I would go for dazzling since it opens you to attack any unit, and if you go the Savage Blow route, that's how you rack up damage anyway. If she's +spd, you maay get away with wrathful to attack mages and maybe even some archers but I'm a little paranoid about it.

Unrelated note, I said the opposite in an earlier post, but blessings do in fact affect arena score. It's because the stat boosts are treated as part of your BST, so a unit with a water's blessing is treated as being +6 BST above its natural one. This would most benefit units with BSTs ending in either xx4 or xx9 since it would boost their BST bins up by two. Fjorm is 164 BST, so if she were to replace an armor unit of 170-174 BST, then you would need at least two more bins worth of boosting, after which any further increases in bins is a profit in points.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2017, 05:19:07 AM »
I would give up Wrathful Staff from my Genny way before I'd give up Dazzling Staff. Although being unable to double anything does mean that her damage will always be terrible no matter what, so I guess it's possible I would feel differently if she had actual speed. Dazzling Staff comes up a lot though...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2017, 05:59:08 AM »
I brought up the +spd not so much to increase her offensive potential but because if she gets doubled she dies. She only has 30 health, if she gets doubled by a mere 47atk mage that's death.

Though yeah dazzling is better anyway then. I just saw a Nino with 44 spd before Darting Blow, Elise isn't gonna live through that. It's also worth remembering that your damage is what's halved, not your attack, so it's not as though she'll do no damage. She'll still probably be able to get in like 27 damage if she doubles an armor unit, for example.

Conqueror

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2017, 06:21:16 AM »
That makes sense. I was thinking wrathful initially to take advantage of her being +atk, but after testing her out in tempest trials a bit, her unbuffed speed and 30 hp (is that the lowest in the game? dear god) come into play a lot. A shame because her attack is pretty decent.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2017, 02:40:26 PM »
Possibly, I think she had basically the lowest HP in Fates. But in Fates she also had brave tomes which are notably absent here...

I think I have a -HP Summer Robin with 30 for what that's worth, but she has amazing defenses and speed, Fury, and Vantage so it's not a problem.  :V

Conqueror

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2017, 09:10:33 PM »
That dazzling pain savage blow Lucius with 1 charge miracle sure is something. I wonder if we'll see refined weapons in future BHBs for the ultimate wrathful dazzling staffbot,

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2017, 10:27:03 AM »
I have no idea how I managed to use both Ninian and FCorrin for like 2 months and not notice this, but it was just made aware to me that the refined dragon breath effect of "if foe's range = 2", damage calculated using the lower of foe's Def or Res, what this actually means is "if foe attacks at range", or in other words, if the enemy is a ranged weapon user. Which is to say, that it's not only when you Distant Counter ranged units, but the effect also applies on player phase when you go attack a ranged unit with your refined dragon unit. Did everyone else know this already? Was it obvious? That text was so freaking misleading to me.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2017, 03:49:43 PM »
I thought it was pretty clear, but I guess I can see how it might be confusing.

No New Year Camilla yet in my first ~50 stones worth of pulls, but with 30 whole days I'll definitely get her. Honestly I might drop money on some stones though, I've been looking for an excuse to give the game some money since the beginning and this might be a good time. I've put enough time into Fire Emblem Heroes that I have no reservations about dropping the price of a retail handheld game on it...

Edit:

Well, I bought stones and got her on the literal next pull. Guess I've got some extra stones!

She's -ATK/+DEF which isn't reeeeally ideal. Not sure if I want to keep pulling for a better nature or just make her bulky. Might give her Ward Fliers and Kadomatsu+(DEF) and add a little bulk to my Flier Emblem. Probably worse than just going all-in on offense, but whatever. I'll cut a better FCorrin for a worse Camilla!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:56:37 PM by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2018, 02:34:28 AM »
It's finally complete! My ultimate all-Camillas-all-the-time Flier Emblem squad!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:07:35 AM by commandercool »

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2018, 03:34:36 PM »
All you need is to wait for the next event Camilla to make them all unique :p

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2018, 01:31:21 PM »
Well, I gave the voting gauntlet everything I had but Camilla somehow got completely rolled by Azura. I could back Azura, who I like more, or Ryoma who I don't care for at all and just try to spitefully make sure Azura loses... Yeah, I think I'll do that.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2018, 11:06:44 AM »
I'm dying for Fire Emblem anything so I got myself Awakening and plan on starting blind Lunatic too once the download finishes. How does it compare to Conquest Lunatic? Anything I should keep in mind?

If there's one thing Lunatic Conquest taught me, it was the value of tanky units to bait those stationary enemy groups, so I'll actually be using one this time around.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2018, 01:16:13 PM »
Awakening lunatic is a really sketchy proposition IMO. The big problem with Awakening is that a lot of the level design leans on enemy reinforcements that can spawn from a fixed point point and move the same turn, so a lot of the game comes down to bullshit trial and error and memorization.

You can also grind, and the pair up mechanic is players-only which makes it feel broken. Those things together make for a lunatic difficulty that isn't much fun at all in my book. Your mileage may vary, but be warned, it has a lot of pitfalls.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2018, 01:40:39 PM »
yeah, this is no Conquest I'm quickly realizing. Conquest lunatic was very difficult and challenging, but it felt fair at least, and rewarding to finish. Everyone not named Frederick dies in two hits to every enemy on the map. And the enemies come swarming towards the player with higher stats and better weapons. If that hammer guy in ch1 is any indication of what I can expect (reset until he dodges it) then I'm quitting while I'm ahead and jumping down to hard or something.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »
Yeah, Awakening is no Birthright, hard is still pretty fun and has some tricky parts. Tricky parts that don't rely on unfair ambushes even!

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2018, 01:20:31 AM »
A datamine revealed 4 new characters, Micaiah, Sothe, Zelgius, and Oliver, guess we're getting a RD banner sometime soon, save up those orbs! I'm really surprised about Zelgius though, seems like a huge spoiler.