Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 205769 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - now with rhythm games
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2018, 06:48:11 PM »
The new arena scoring makes single high merges weigh much less while conversely also making single low merges hurt a lot more (eg: unmerged bonus units). In a way this means you stick closer to your average but people seem to be a little miffed by the changes.

If you have more total merges without using a legendary hero, that may be better for scoring than having one or two blessed heroes and two low merge units (ie: the legendary hero and bonus unit. If you've got low merges, then legendaries might help more, but blessings are limited.

Currently, anyway. The new changes seem to have punished whales in some ways so they may change it again, we'll see.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2018, 02:19:12 AM »
As a huge fan of the ol' double Savage Blow combo (although unfortunately not so much on Camilla, the progenitor of Savage Blow) I just realized that it has a significant new niche in disabling Armored Boots.

I don't own a Leo, but I'm really starting to wonder what his weapon refinement is going to do. I think there's a good chance it's going to be amazing. He already has two parts of the Gravity+Dazzling Staff+Savage Blow combo, so if he gets upgraded to Gravity+ or even more stacks of Savage Blow he could end up with a very interesting niche. Although he's presumably not going to have access to a Dazzling Staff effect, which may mean he still ultimately loses out to Elise. He'd definitely hit harder though, which could matter a lot with Hone Cavalry.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »

They're both +Spd/-HP. :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2018, 12:41:03 PM »
Alright, spent 146 stones on the Legendary Ephraim banner and got the Gunnthra I wanted, as well as a dupe Summer Corrin and a Dorcas along the way. Pretty good!

Still haven't pulled a single 4* Camilla and I've done close to 50 green pulls in the last week. I've still got 87 stones left, so I guess we'll see on the Easter banner.

If not for the fact that I just really want 4* Camilla for merges I would probably dump the rest of my stones pulling for Legendary Ephraim right now, but 3/4 Legendary Heroes means I have someone for every possible season even if they aren't guaranteed to be featured units.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2018, 01:18:18 PM »
Somehow I managed to get a L'Ephraim and also a LIke on the very next summon within like 50 orbs or something. Now I can use one of the latter as Warding Breath fodder, not that I have anyone in mind. Desire sensor must be real since really all I want is FCorrins for merges. It's not gonna be easy either since I'm fishing for a verrry specific IVs, +spd -hp. I almost regret going -res since I have a pretty diabolical build in mind that I need at least neutral res for.

So now all I'm missing is a Wind hero, but having 3/4 means I already have perfect coverage as far as seasons go.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2018, 01:27:14 PM »
Dumping all my orbs got me... two 5* Shiros.  The fuck?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #336 on: March 01, 2018, 01:22:46 PM »
Spent the rest of my stones (for now, I haven't collected any of the monthly rewards yet) on green pulls from the Legendary Ephraim banner. 20 more green pulls later and still zero 4* Camilla, but I got Brave Ike so I did pull all three of the featured green units which is pretty neat.

Edit: Oops, got a round of pulls with no green and ended up stumbling into Legendary Ephraim. Now I got all the dang things.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:40:39 PM by commandercool »

BT

• I never talk to you

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »
I've been having a blast playing Gunnthra, but she's... unfortunate in a few ways. Being a mounted mage she has a low BST, and she tends to want some kind of recovery help because Chill Seal is amazing and only works at high health.

So not only does she hurt scoring herself but she really wants to be played with a cleric, which lowers scoring even further. Wind Blessing potentially helps but it's unreliable and kind of mediocre compared to any of the other blessings. Still, she's interesting and fun. Chill Seal is often comparable to a global Hone bonus. I just have to figure out who to bless to get a tolerable arena score with her.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2018, 08:09:02 PM »
How about a reciprocal aid Falchion user instead of a healer? You'd get nice color coverage and also anti dragons while you're at it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2018, 12:38:26 AM »
Oooh yeah, that's a good idea. Marth Lucina would probably go well with her.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2018, 07:29:01 AM »
New fodder banner has, like, three units I wanted to merge. I didn't think the next one would have Fae again but oh boyohboyohboy.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2018, 08:12:49 AM »
Fucking YESSSS! I got a PA Olivia, I've been wanting her for such a long time. Great nature too. This must be the power of the reverse desire sensor. Also I got a Shiro in that same batch, meaning I somehow managed to get all the blue focus units what the hell.

also rip ccool

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »
Well it worked, I spent all my stones on the Legendary Ephraim banner. I know this is up for two weeks, but sure, have $40. I just got paid and haven't bought anything stupid in a while...

And from the 85 stones total that gave me I received... a single Camilla. And two Gunters. But hey, it's my first new Camilla in a literal year and I've got time to get more. And I got three Barsts which is always nice for inherits. And a dupe 5* Mae which seems pretty worthless.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
Well it worked, I spent all my stones on the Legendary Ephraim banner. I know this is up for two weeks, but sure, have $40. I just got paid and haven't bought anything stupid in a while...

And from the 85 stones total that gave me I received... a single Camilla. And two Gunters. But hey, it's my first new Camilla in a literal year and I've got time to get more. And I got three Barsts which is always nice for inherits. And a dupe 5* Mae which seems pretty worthless.
Right now I'm building a Tailtiu and saddling up her teammates with Attack/Defense/Res Tactic. You can inherit Barblade+ onto Mae and do the same! They're both 4 star summons and have the same attack/speed total.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:27:30 PM by BT »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #345 on: March 06, 2018, 01:18:30 PM »
Aaah the 4* banner is driving me insaaane. I've pulled three copies of each non-Camilla featured green unit and several that aren't featured, but only one Camilla.

At least it's up for quite a while. Hopefully there'll be a decent orb drop upcoming. My goal is to get Camilla to +5 during this event, which means I would need to pull two more copies.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #346 on: March 06, 2018, 03:36:01 PM »
LOL I cheaped out the Possessed Takumi GBH (Hard version), by just picking off the enemies one by one with Ryoma, Klein, and Rienhardt then when I got to the first Takumi (the weaker one) I ended up having Ryoma weaken him and lure the other one as close to Reinhardt who had his Thunder ability ready and sniped both of them down and killed the more stronger Takumi, while Ryoma killed the other one although Minerva was just there for baiting the reinforcements. I gotta ask though can someone link me to the Grand Hero Battle song that plays during it I'm just fangirling over here. Well I would say I almost lost the fight due to Klein got hit by Skadi debuff to 4 hp while Minerva was close in the reinforcement Calvary Red Mage's range.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #347 on: March 06, 2018, 05:13:30 PM »
OH MY GOD I HAVE PULLED FIVE 4* BOEYS FROM THIS BANNER. He is not even featured. Get the fuck out forever Boey, you're the new Gunter.

Edible

« Reply #348 on: March 06, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »
Hey man, at least Gunter has hone cavalry.  Boey is just a pissant with bad stats and no useful inheritable skills that you can't find in a million other places.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #349 on: March 07, 2018, 02:58:14 AM »
I wouldn't be super dismissive of the good boy. Being the physically tankiest non-armor mage with decent atk -- and being green to boot -- has its uses.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #350 on: March 07, 2018, 10:45:31 AM »
Boey is okay if you want to build a close counter enemy phase mage who relies on being doubled to fire off charged specials. The problem is that it's a build that requires heavy investment to work properly, but from what I've seen it can be quite effective.

Also, a Thracia banner was just confirmed for April via the FEH JP twitter. I'm assuming that means the upcoming new banner is probably from a game that already has a lot of characters already in game. Possibly we'll get the first new (non-alt) Awakening characters since release.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #351 on: March 07, 2018, 09:48:48 PM »
He's one of the best Close Counter candidates sure, but a good old Gronnraven build works just as well too.

Conqueror

« Reply #352 on: March 07, 2018, 11:29:49 PM »
Oh right, I completely forgot about raven tomes.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Edible

« Reply #353 on: March 08, 2018, 03:25:08 AM »
Also, a Thracia banner was just confirmed for April via the FEH JP twitter. I'm assuming that means the upcoming new banner is probably from a game that already has a lot of characters already in game. Possibly we'll get the first new (non-alt) Awakening characters since release.

Right on the nose.  We got Morgan F/M and Horse Chrom (I'M BEING HELPFUL!).

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #354 on: March 08, 2018, 04:00:53 AM »
Oof, only one real new character? That's unfortunate. Chrom is well-represented already and Morgan is great and all but two forms this close together isn't the best IMO. Oh well. Still neat.

Conqueror

« Reply #355 on: March 08, 2018, 04:20:39 AM »
Well, technically there's the mysterious masked man too. Anyway, I guess we now know how IS will handle Kana in the event they're released on a banner.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2018, 04:44:43 AM »
That's been my assumption/hope this whole time for Kana, yeah, but at least Fates has that duality motif that makes doubling up on characters feel a little less bad.

I was going to make a joke about a Midori banner where she has four different hair colors, but that made me realize that what I really want to see is offspring characters with hair color that varies based on nature. Especially if they could manage to color code it to possible parents. It'd be a cute gimmick and drive completionists and theme team players insane.  :D

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #357 on: March 08, 2018, 05:45:18 AM »
Update is out and Rival Domains is playable. Bigger maps with 8 units out at once. I assume the other 12 units are there as your own reinforcements should any of your units fall. It's pretty cool! I can only imagine the hilarity and disgusting things you can setup with 8 units.

Conqueror

Here's something fun you can do in rival domains: enter with a completely empty loadout. You'll get a fully randomized team of units with their base skillsets along with randomly refined weapons.

commandercool

• alter cool
Rival Domains is really interesting. This feels like the kind of thing we were asking for on week one but couldn't really envision exactly how it would be implemented. Bigger maps AND a use for the friends list in one go is good update economy.

Meanwhile my luck has turned and I got two 4* Camillas in three pulls this morning. Let's keep the streak going! But worst case scenario I hit my goal of reaching +5.

Edit: Oh oops, accidentally pulled Siegbert. He seems incredible so I'll certainly take that!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 05:41:44 PM by commandercool »