Topic: Magia Record: Rebellion sequel never, so this is canon now...  (Read 12759 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: commander_cool
Re: Magia Record: Rebellion sequel never, so this is canon now...
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2019, 02:20:06 pm »
Sucks to be Mami I guess. Chain-stunning bosses is pretty cheesy but she's just not a character without Bind. The devs decided to centralize her kit (and a lot of the other forest girls) around a game mechanic that that they apparently don't want people using? Cool...

Meanwhile, I was close to 100 pulls on the premium fate weave and decided to spend some of my compensation gems cashing it in, since the pool will never be this small again for another shot at Mitama. I pulled a duplicate Kirika, the only thing I have absolutely no interest at all in.

My last 5000(!) gems have been preeetty underwhelming, but at least I got a few more Recovery And Resolves so I'm one copy each away from max ascending that and Everyday Training After School. And possibly my most-wanted character since launch was free (Madoka-Senpai) so that helps too.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2019, 07:00:18 pm »
Also, point of interest that you may have known but I sure didn't: If you have your doppek unlocked and use your Magia at between 170 and 199 meter and then gain meter up to 200 before attacking with it (probably due to something a Madoka did), you will still only use 100 meter and your standard Magia, not your doppel and will be left with 100 meter at the end.

I guess that kind of makes sense, but it's not what I was expecting. Shouldn't come up very often, but fwiw that's how that extremely specific interaction plays out.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
  • Nickname: Zantetsu
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2019, 09:57:22 am »
Is the game intentionally forbidding use of Nano/Fate/Hayate supports for the final bosses? If so, then RIP F2P players who have to shoot down Fire element Nanoha with only the Forest element Hayate.

EDIT: Turns out no, it's just that very few of my friends have managed to pull them, I guess?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:05:51 pm by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2019, 02:19:15 pm »
Am I the only one who's having trouble paying attention to this event? The story isn't that interesting. I don't know if the crossover characters are beloved in their own right or whatever, but I think in a vacuum their designs are pretty ugly and contrasting them with the gorgeous Magia Record designs (especially Momoko, who might be the best design in the entire franchise in my opinion) hurts my brain a little. And on top of that the event is kind of spread out and is juuuust hard enough at a consistent level that I can't quite blast through it without paying attention to it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2019, 04:03:37 pm »
The second half of the event was a lot easier- admittedly because a third of the missions are just generic mirror witch familiars, but even the actual magical girl missions seemed easier than the ones in the first half. As for designs, I mean, the series have fundamentally different magical girl styles, so there's not really a way around that without just not doing a collab XD

I kinda like having to pay attention to the hard (and -sorta- medium) event missions anyway. Just spamming BLEST BLEST BLEST on generic familiars every single event gets old. I think we finally have the hardest event type coming up after this, though... but I've maxed the level/awakening items (sans rorbs) on 75% of my girls so I'm not too worried there. By the end of the year I'll probably have only 1 or 2 girls that aren't at their max possible level, and that's only because my holy mami pulls will probably snag me a 2~3 new girls in addition to Holy Mami. XD
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2019, 05:21:34 pm »
I don't necessarily have a problem with different art styles, it's more an issue of the art quality than the art style.

Hard stuff is definitely good on paper, and individually a lot of the fights are pretty fun, but doing a bunch of them consecutively is a little tiring. If the second half is a little easier then that's fine I guess.

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2019, 04:11:29 am »
Are any of the recent event memoria good? I know Walking The Same Path is basically the best memoria in the game, but I have a hard time evaluating memoria so I would probably miss it if any of the other recent ones are that busted.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2019, 04:33:14 am »
The Nanoha event gives you an already-lv50 active memo with low enough CD for mirrors use, crit and evade. Not too bad. Cross Connect's has anti stun/bind and comes at 50 so it works if you need that for a challenge quest.

I need to actually start the current event but I just burned my left hand pretty bad zzzzzz

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2019, 02:21:08 pm »
Between this Mitama banner and the last one I'm 170 pulls into her with only a Momoko to show for it. Her current banner is at 70 pulls and ends tomorrow night and I didn't think I would have time to cap it off to 100. I have a Google Play gift card that can get me a little over ten pulls, but this Christmas event looks like it actually has a ton of front loaded summons between the ten tickets and the first ten challenge quests, so I can probably actually get there after all unless something weird happens. Although that's going to make the inevitable Kirika duplicate once again even more heartbreaking. :D

Edit: Got her! 190th pull.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:41:49 pm by commandercool »

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
  • Nickname: Gaby
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2019, 10:07:36 pm »
The new Tercio formations are OP af and it's awesome :D just wish I had more slots on my grass girls and Madoka so they do better (saving up for Kanae)

Also team preview glitched out and followed me to my home:

commandercool

• alter cool
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2019, 03:02:01 am »
I wish there was a U/R one so I could try a duo Sayaka/Kyouko team with them but it looks like they all involve light or dark somehow. Or a G/R one so I can use Sana/Kyoukou once Sana gets her fifth star. A tank with four slots would be a huge help, although Sayaka's busted Magia is a lot of what makes her such a good tank since she can just solo entire teams if the game runs late.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 41 queries.