Author Topic: Touhou music analysis?  (Read 5986 times)

Mew seeker

• Find things
Touhou music analysis?
« on: November 24, 2017, 05:40:59 AM »
Not too long ago, I discovered several youtube videos analysing video game music like 8-bit Music Theory and Ongaku Concept.
However, I have not yet anything like this for Touhou music so I was wondering if any of you were aware of similar videos for Touhou?

You can wish for anything!

myon

• Excellence
Re: Touhou music analysis?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 07:04:23 AM »
Beyond the usual "this theme sounds very similar to this song" I haven't really seen anything like it, no. But I'd love to see something like the stuff Ongaku Concept makes, especially after watching their Titanic Monarch analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGzZgjDjhb4

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 09:42:52 PM »
There's this guy who makes notes on the instruments used in various songs. Remember that ZUN uses a synthesiser for music, not "actual" instruments.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 10:05:32 PM »
That's a cute tumblr but I don't think it has anything to do with what the OP is asking about...

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 11:23:54 AM »
honestly if you take the concepts that they do (though I've only seen 8-bit music theory's channel) and apply to the touhou songs, then you'd learn a lot. If you post it here you could gather some interest I'd imagine and feedback. Touhou music is pretty simple so it wouldn't be that bad even if you're just starting out.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 04:55:15 PM »
There's this guy who makes notes on the instruments used in various songs. Remember that ZUN uses a synthesiser for music, not "actual" instruments.

That's not what I was looking for but I can see how this could be interesting.
Also, Spectrasonics Trilian . :D
Edit : I meant Orbeat. XD

honestly if you take the concepts that they do (though I've only seen 8-bit music theory's channel) and apply to the touhou songs, then you'd learn a lot. If you post it here you could gather some interest I'd imagine and feedback. Touhou music is pretty simple so it wouldn't be that bad even if you're just starting out.

I know very little in that kind of musical knowledge. XD
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:02:22 PM by Mew seeker »

You can wish for anything!