Author Topic: Touhou Mario - Imperishable Night  (Read 4380 times)

Touhou Mario - Imperishable Night
« on: October 21, 2017, 06:24:12 PM »
Welcome to the MotK thread about Touhou Mario.

Platform: SNES (With the SA-1 co. processor)
Exits: 18
Genre: Jump and Run.
Official Website: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6059
Soundtrack (for download) [filenames may contain spiolers]: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1AwCASP8mcpTVBWZlRzcWlka0k
Soundtrack (YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LULpGki_OJk
This game is a Super Mario World romhack

Gameplay and controls:
Use the left and right arrow keys to move. Run into a pipe, laying on the ground to enter it
Hold UP and release Y or X to throw grabbable items upwards and to enter pipes above Mario, when Mario hits them with his head.
Hold DOWN to enter a pipe, when Mario is standing on it's entrance, or to crouch.
Press start to pause and unpause.

The L and R keys are used to scroll the screen.
Hold X or Y to be able to grab grabbable items. Holding those buttons is not required to have Mario run at full speed.
Press B for a normal jump and A for a spin jump. The Advantages of the spin jump is to be able to bounce on certain objects, you can't bounce on with a normal jump. In Super Mario world you can bounce on Spinies that way. The spin jump can also kill the Yin-Yang orbs. The advantage of the normal jump is that it is higher and it can turn the Yin-Yang orbs which behave like Goombas in to a grabbable object which you can throw at other enemies.

The powerup items are used to regenerate 20 HP. Mario has 5 energy tanks, which can hold 99 HP. If you lose all of your HP on the last energy tank, you will die which means starting the game over, if you aren't using savestates. Point items can be traded for powerup items at the Hakurei Shrine. You can jump on red bullets, which is required at most bosses. If you beat the game, you unlock a special item.

How to play
You need:

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Download Touhou Mario. Extract the file "Touhou Mario 1.bps" from the zip file you downloaded to any place on your drive.
  • Download Floating IPS. On Windows, extract "flips.exe" into the same folder, where you put "Touhou Mario 1.bps", on Linux it would be "flips-linux"
  • Put your Super Mario World ROM into the same folder, where you put "flips.exe" or "flips-linux" and "Touhou Mario 1.bps"
  • Run flips.exe or flips-linux. Click on "Apply Patch". In the window, which pops up, select "Touhou Mario 1.bps". In the Next window select your Super Mario World ROM. In the next window, hit "Save". "The patch was applied successfully" means it worked. If it says "The patch was not intended for this ROM", make a video recording on exactly what you did and show me the names of the files you have been selecting in detail and send it to me.
  • You can now open the newly created file "Touhou Mario 1.smc" in an emulator. I recommend SNES9X. Make sure to configure your emulator though.

Thanks for reading this thread. If you have any technical difficulties, I am willing to help you. 

PS: Tell me if a tread about Touhou Mario already exists. If yes, I will delete this one, if not, this thread will stay up.

EDIT: 120 views. That's the amount if stars Super Mario 64 has.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:32:32 PM by 32th System »
Not that a signature matters.