Author Topic: EA kicks another one into the graveyard. Visceral Games is no more.  (Read 3285 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Visceral Games, best known for the Dead Space series of games, has been shut down by parent company EA.  It joins other developers like Maxis, Bullfrog, and Origin in EA's seemingly expanding graveyard.  It is unclear what will happen to anyone that was working at Visceral at the time of the studio's closure.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: EA kicks another one into the graveyard. Visceral Games is no more.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 05:45:54 AM »
I'm surprised no one's responded to this yet. A shame, I liked the idea of Dead Space and the concepts behind it, but I don't like doing horror in general, so I wasn't even considering playing any Dead Space games.

...Except maybe 2, because of the absurd bonus you get for beating the game on the highest difficulty...The mighty FOAM FINGER GUN.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 02:38:01 PM »
So...

Who/what do you think's on EA's hitlist next?

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 03:43:08 PM »
RIP Visceral Games. I loved Dead Space 1 & 2. Who's next? Bioware?

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »
So...

Who/what do you think's on EA's hitlist next?
BioWare

ME is effectively a dead franchise after Andromeda.  And I doubt Anthem is going to do as well as EA hopes.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 09:45:38 PM »
BioWare

ME is effectively a dead franchise after Andromeda.  And I doubt Anthem is going to do as well as EA hopes.

I hope they don't hit the curb until the fourth Dragon Age game, then. I at least want the ending to the cliffhanger that Inquisition ends on.

Don't much care about Mass Effect myself since the complete and utter fiasco that was ME3's ending (and the absolute nuclear trash fire that was Citadel), but I at least hope that Dragon Age continues, if only for one more installment.