Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 165069 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #810 on: June 15, 2018, 12:04:19 AM »
What skull orb?? Although yeah I'm dumb and forgot the 2 enemies -after- the kedama in the bestiary. If you still have some japanese names, you're not using the latest english patch. (There's not much else updated though, so, not a big difference)
Hmmm. I think I had some error in my notes. Skull Orb was actually Metal Kedama, I am not sure why I named it as skull and separately from Kedama, perhaps I was sleepy. Sorry, I think is is my mistake.

Also I was not sure where to find
Spoiler:
Scarled Gold Avatar - https://i.imgur.com/8w1WsVo.png
. But eventually it appeared in Bestiary on its own. Perhaps I was sleepy when found it too, but can you tell me where this monster is actually in the game (on what floor, what event)? I am asking it for my proper completist playthrough in future.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:06:30 AM by Rinnie »

« Reply #811 on: June 15, 2018, 12:08:00 AM »
Miko summons it in the 22f fight. Incidentally, one of the Corridor bosses,
Spoiler:
Abyss Kasen
, summons enemies, but if you defeat them before they do so, the enemies are not recorded. Didn't find out about that until looking in the game files for enemy sprites.

« Reply #812 on: June 15, 2018, 12:24:18 AM »
They previously didn't get recorded when you defeated Miko before she summoned them, but that got patched recently, so they probably did appear without you actually encountering them.

« Reply #813 on: June 15, 2018, 12:50:59 AM »
Miko summons it in the 22f fight. Incidentally, one of the Corridor bosses,
Spoiler:
Abyss Kasen
, summons enemies, but if you defeat them before they do so, the enemies are not recorded. Didn't find out about that until looking in the game files for enemy sprites.
They previously didn't get recorded when you defeated Miko before she summoned them, but that got patched recently, so they probably did appear without you actually encountering them.
Ah I see. That seems to be the case.

« Reply #814 on: June 15, 2018, 04:00:09 PM »
Oh, it was a typo. I meant underground 11f. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I only find the monsters for attack, mag and TP gems.

« Reply #815 on: June 15, 2018, 05:05:55 PM »
Oh, it was a typo. I meant underground 11f. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I only find the monsters for attack, mag and TP gems.
The ATK/MAG/TP/HP ones can be found anywhere on the floor, but the others can only be found in the small area where the Red Rock blocking your way is.

« Reply #816 on: June 15, 2018, 06:06:42 PM »
The ATK/MAG/TP/HP ones can be found anywhere on the floor, but the others can only be found in the small area where the Red Rock blocking your way is.

The red rocks are for the next patch, right?

« Reply #817 on: June 15, 2018, 07:04:15 PM »
Yeah, currently they cannot be removed (note that you don't need to go past the rock to encounter the enemies, just the area where it is).

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #818 on: June 17, 2018, 05:27:25 AM »
1.104 spoilers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMv1nTz60WI

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to beat
Spoiler:
King of Chaos
. It's too difficult. Too much damage going out, and I'm dealing too little damage. Also,
Spoiler:
if I focus on him with Ame no Murakumo Slash with Nitori, I'm not dealing enough damage and his adds heal him to max, eventually. And if I focus on the adds, he'll do what happens in the video. I have no idea how to survive through that.
Perhaps I should tackle the Infinity Corridor bosses first? Maybe I should grind more? I dunno.

« Reply #819 on: June 17, 2018, 06:56:26 AM »
Your character level is fine, I did it at Iku 1152 (average level 1148) and library 1200. As far as strategy goes,
Spoiler:
King of Chaos and its adds both use Ultimate Life after a set number of turns. King of Chaos also uses Ultimate Life at about 80% of its HP after getting both summons out. So no matter what you do, unless you can wipe out its HP completely before it can use Ultimate Life, you're going to see that used at least once. So the best thing you can do is take it down to the threshold and prepare to blitz it after Ultimate Life is used. King of Chaos' Gaea Rage is not supposed to be survived, you have to defeat it without seeing that used, which is after it performs a total of 6 summons, so after defeating 4 of the summons. I don't know if Ultimate Life revives the King of Chaos or not, but I don't think it does. It seems like something that could probably happen though.

If you can do 100m+ damage with Nitori's Murakumo Slash, then you should be fine on damage output. Boss has 666m HP, so you can comfortably defeat it with that level of damage. Nitori's ATK stat seems to be a bit low, I had 1.95m on Tenshi when I did the fight, using Tokugawa Statue + Magic Sword Chaos, Scourge, and the Corridor 250f boss drop, which was +800% ATK for 1.104 and is +999% ATK in 1.104a. Should probably give Nitori ATK Mega Boost and increase library levels to help out with the ATK to make it easier to exceed 100m+, maybe rearrange equipment a bit too. As it currently is, I'm guessing Nitori can't hit numbers that high, since Tenshi was hitting 130-180m for me with tons of ATK and damage multipliers in play. But with higher ATK you should be able to manage it with Overheat level 5.

As far as defensive equipment goes, it's pretty much Regalia + Medicine of Life + whatever. The boss damage output didn't seem so terrible to withstand, as long as you can beat it in a reasonable amount of time you shouldn't have anything to worry about for long-term. It uses a decent number of Row attacks so your rightmost slot takes surprisingly little damage.

As a reference, here's my run of the boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hWt8ypiJ7I. It's 1.104 so it's pre-Murakumo Slash nerf, but it should be OK for Nitori. 1500 ATB can be acquired in a single tick, and there should be MP to spare for the increased MP cost if you use Tokugawa Statue. As long as you can hit 100m+ you should be fine.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #820 on: June 17, 2018, 07:31:57 AM »
I beat it, thanks to your guidance. Now all that remains is the Infinite Corridor bosses. Which ones did you guys think were the most interesting?

« Reply #821 on: June 17, 2018, 02:16:23 PM »
For reference, Ultimate Life does not revive the boss.

I beat it, thanks to your guidance. Now all that remains is the Infinite Corridor bosses. Which ones did you guys think were the most interesting?
Probably
Spoiler:
Mokou (revives and nukes you several times), Komachi (has a chance to counter all of your attacks with decent SPI damage) and maybe Aya (each time she evades, she gets stronger and even more evasive, so you need high ACC attacks).

« Reply #822 on: June 17, 2018, 03:37:06 PM »
For reference, Ultimate Life does not revive the boss.
Probably
Spoiler:
Mokou (revives and nukes you several times), Komachi (has a chance to counter all of your attacks with decent SPI damage) and maybe Aya (each time she evades, she gets stronger and even more evasive, so you need high ACC attacks).
By the way, speaking about ACC, is there any way to see this stat in game or it is hidden stat? I feel shame asking such question after reaching 30F  :blush:

« Reply #823 on: June 17, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »
By the way, speaking about ACC, is there any way to see this stat in game or it is hidden stat? I feel shame asking such question after reaching 30F  :blush:
As far as I understand, all characters have the exact same ACC, which is then modified by equipment, skills and which spellcard/attack you're using.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #824 on: June 17, 2018, 10:02:19 PM »
Alright, thank you for your input on Infinity Corridor bosses. Everybody else is free to add to it, of course.

And here's my clear on the
Spoiler:
King of Chaos
: https://youtu.be/kdSXiHKHXNQ

« Reply #825 on: June 18, 2018, 11:55:56 AM »
Hello! I'm new here. I played LoT1 a very long time ago and I decide to return to play it. I lost my original save but I have a older one at floor 18 on cloud. I already played a bit and beat the boss. Is still allowed to talk or this is only for LoT2?

« Reply #826 on: June 18, 2018, 03:20:30 PM »
Most of the IC bosses are plain. Those that aren't I didn't even get to see, because I overleveled for most of them in order to ensure I could streak through for enough star remnants to buy high-end equipment. I have a feeling most people have the same story.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #827 on: June 18, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »
Several of the bosses were kind of interesting while I was going through for awakenings (aka, powering through at equal or significantly lower level) but then I went for huge chains and just ended them in a few moves, so... yeah. It's unfortunate that the corridor design kind of encourages you to be overleveled and totally wipe the floor with them.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #828 on: June 18, 2018, 03:46:40 PM »
Most of the Abyss bosses after f100 are pretty weak honestly, they have too little HP so even if you're not overlevelled you're still gonna 2-3 shot them with a good attacker; they do each have their awakening gimmicks, but most of the time they don't really kick in before they're already dead (with exceptions like Mokou I guess).

« Reply #829 on: June 18, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »
Yeah, I didn't overlevel for any of them and none of the 110-250f bosses lasted 5 hits, even one-shotting
Spoiler:
Abyss Chen and Abyss Aya
. It isn't just Tenshi being Tenshi either, Iku 3-shot
Spoiler:
Abyss Mystia
with the basic Attack command.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #830 on: June 18, 2018, 05:24:26 PM »
Iku is pretty nice with her mega counters; I use her more for buffing, but the difference between tanks and non-tanks gets a bit blurry once most of your stats come from the library and not equips, plus Quartz Charm pulls double duty, so she can get 25% hp levels and 75% magic and do fine. That, and her attacks ignore a ton of defenses so she doesn't mind to put on, say, a regalia and lose some magic. I had originally been planning to replace her at some point, but she earned a solid team spot.

If Komachi's counter was actually competent like Iku's she'd have good longevity offensively or defensively. As it is, her HP isn't all that special in endgame and lots other characters have regen with more relevant support abilities. Her awakening... boosts Avici in an offensive build and that's about it. I tried to make a list of underwhelming characters and honestly, she was the only character on it; even Wriggle has good offense after awakening and poison scales acceptably from what I've heard. (or team 9 tank, but that's very gimmick)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #831 on: June 18, 2018, 05:52:11 PM »
Wriggle's Poison still works pretty well in late Plus Disk, plus, as long as you have Reisen in your team her resistance reducing skills make it very easy to use Poison against anything that isn't straight up immune to it. I do feel that Wriggle's awakening isn't that good, the 25% extra defences don't matter that much at this point (unless you specifically went out of your way to min-max them or smt) and the damage increase on Nightbug Tornado is decent but nothing special (most characters can still outdamage her easily); you generally still just want to have her come out, use Comet on Earth and then have someone more useful replace her until you need to reapply Poison. I personally feel like her awakening could be buffed/changed to give some kind of benefit to the whole frontline (ie. all other frontliners get +10% damage dealt and -10% damage received vs PSN enemies), so there's actually a reason to have her constantly out (which seems like the intention behind her current awakening skills anyway).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 07:02:13 PM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #832 on: June 18, 2018, 06:51:27 PM »
Yeah, Wriggle's awakening could have a bit more oomph behind it. Her and Komachi were pretty much The List, although Nitori was on ther efor the opposite reason... those three, and giving lategame bosses more HP, were pretty much all the things I think I'd suggest. Along with maybe more speed throttling.

« Reply #833 on: June 18, 2018, 10:06:40 PM »
Just something interesting. Maybe I'm disgustingly lucky or something, but I just got a tokugawa statue from a !! chest. So those mediocre !! chests can definitely get you something great.

« Reply #834 on: June 18, 2018, 11:48:47 PM »
Just something interesting. Maybe I'm disgustingly lucky or something, but I just got a tokugawa statue from a !! chest. So those mediocre !! chests can definitely get you something great.

Same happened to me as well, ftr. Though I don't know the odds, it does happen.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #835 on: June 19, 2018, 04:27:47 AM »
I got a Scourge from a !! chest (iirc I might have even forced it open) and a Codex of Ultimate Wisdom from a !, but these results seem incredibly rare. It's possible, though. You don't really have a worthwhile chance at good stuff until !!! chests, which give out orichalcum/adamantite/iron man headbands at a not-super-rare chance. And then the higher chests for actual items.

Although all the gems, jewels, and passive item/money/drop rate boost stuff you get from mass-openings of ! and !! is good. If you're streaking floors at all they aren't worth spending amulets, though.

« Reply #836 on: June 21, 2018, 12:26:18 PM »
Is it ever necessary to go into the infinite corridor? I've been avoiding it because it's so dull (for me, at least). But now I'm on B10F and the enemies are getting kinda ridiculous. Am I going to be forced in there at some point anyway, e.g. from some "reach level xxx of the ID" rock?

« Reply #837 on: June 21, 2018, 01:11:07 PM »
Is it ever necessary to go into the infinite corridor? I've been avoiding it because it's so dull (for me, at least). But now I'm on B10F and the enemies are getting kinda ridiculous. Am I going to be forced in there at some point anyway, e.g. from some "reach level xxx of the ID" rock?

I don't think there are rocks which require you to have reached a certain floor of the IC so far, but without doing the IC you're giving up on stat tomes, awakening items, and most of the best main equips (like Tokugawa Statue) and sub equips (like Machine God Lucifer and others)

« Reply #838 on: June 21, 2018, 01:26:20 PM »

Spoiler:
There's a rock on 30F that requires going "deep" in the corridor. You can't reach whatever "deep" is in the current patch either so there's no way to know if it'll be necessary to reach the final boss.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #839 on: June 21, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
Right now, no. But it's as Zero said. Plus, buying stat tomes is very effective. HP boost and atk/mag boosts make a significant difference (as HP boost grants 20 per level instead of 10), as does resistance/evasion/affinity/accuracy boosts; many later enemies have non-zero evasion, as far as I can tell, but Accuracy boost mostly nulls it out.

Most importantly, awakenings are very very good so you should probably do a little bit here and there to at least pick up the better ones for your team. If you take along some encounter rate reductions (rumia or renko subclassed as diva is sufficient) you'll almost never have to fight outside of your own terms making it a vastly smoother experience, and you can just do a small handful of floors until you're bored and leave. Although, it's a good idea to go for ~20 if it's not too boring, so you can pick up Quartz Charms from the shop, because it seems that endgame meta (past lv1000) is -everyone- should be equipping one since library stats start overtaking equipment bonuses. If you want to streak 20 floors just save infinity keys for !!!!~!!!!! chests and don't spend amulets on !~!! chests.

Also, if there's ever a second email sent to 3peso, I collected my concerns into a concise list.

-Bug:"Four Humors Possession" - Pathos' SIL effect is unusually small.
-Buff Ninja subclass; it's conditional effects are small considering Transcendant's always-active effects
-If realistic, throttle effect of high Speed stat.
-Revised Extra Attack has very poor interaction with Private Square.
-Komachi's HP is not special in endgame and awakening is poor; it should buff her unique counterattack. Defense piercing?
-Wriggle should increase PSN damage to foes when in front; there is little reason to keep her out
-Nitori's attack stat is ridiculous even without awakening. Either remove her Overheat, or nerf Maintennance to 50% bonus while leaving Miko's version alone.
-Some endgame bosses have too little HP, such as ***Winner*** and late infinite corridor bosses.

Kokoro is difficult to use.
-Buffing boss attack/magic is very bad; not worth offensive Kokoro
-Tank is possible, but performance is limited and forced to subclass Healer?
-Poor performance in random battles without a preemptive Mask effect

Possible suggestions
-Buff passive skills for reducing debuffs on allies, to also reduce buffs on foes?
-Skill to erase emotion mask for small team heal and large buff/debuff effect?
-Awakening passive skill to start battle with an emotion mask active?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:48:01 PM by Serela »