Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 167978 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #450 on: May 22, 2018, 10:10:55 AM »
Man, the Shock Attack on the
Spoiler:
Red & Green pair
afflicts SHK even at 165 resistance, what a pain.

« Reply #451 on: May 22, 2018, 12:24:09 PM »
Yeah, just looked at it and
Spoiler:
the Man of Fundoshi has 925m HP in total (between all of his forms).

« Reply #452 on: May 22, 2018, 01:57:46 PM »
just how much do the stat boosting gems/high boosts really actually matter? I'm also finding it hard to keep playing as I've been, library levels are getting expensive enough and all these consumable items/awakenings in general are making it tough to swap party members around, feeling like I really better just find 12 star players, and go all-in on them.

I can give you a comparison to decide on how much of a difference having jewels makes so you can draw your own conclusion if it sounds worth it for you.

My level 990 Mokou with 900 Library investments and full level up bonuses in HP has 746K HP, 253K ATK, 143K DEF, 143K MND and 5496 SPD. With full jewels she has 892K HP, 309K ATK, 200K DEF, 200K MND and 7287 SPD. From my perspective it's enough of an advantage that it was worth the effort though not everyone will feel the same.

Boost 2 skills provide essentially double the base stat increase that normal boost skills do, with speed being the one exception. Mega boost skills provide a 1.5x increase over the boost 2 skill, with speed once again being the exception. It's worth noting however that you need enough skill points for level 3 in a boost 2 skill for them to be worth using over level 5 in a normal boost skill and level 4 in a mega boost skill for it to be worth using over level 5 in a boost 2 skill.

I personally see awakenings as less of a "I'm now obligated to use so and so character because I've given them this currently limited in quantity item" and rather as a "This character has a useful role and their extra skills help them do that role much better so when I need or want to use them, I think their future contributions will be worth the investment." I imagine most people who play labyrinth tend to gravitate towards the same usual characters as everyone has their own playstyle and characters that work well with it or perhaps they just like the characters, so simply giving them to people you often use isn't a bad idea either. That's just my two cents on the matter though.

« Reply #453 on: May 22, 2018, 03:03:08 PM »
I feel they're worth it. I've set out to get as many gems as I can (pretty passively, b11 just hands em over as I grind anyway) and upgrade at LEAST to tier 2 boosts as top priority. I also went and picked up a MGL by streaking IC and buying one with star remnants. For what it's worth, I'm making progress more rapidly than I figured. Managed to take out a couple extra bosses.

« Reply #454 on: May 22, 2018, 04:23:06 PM »
So regarding the last boss on f29,
Spoiler:
I've found out why you need to kill/delay the King of Chaos' summons, they can cast Mediarahan Ultimate Recovery, which does exactly as its name implies and completely heals the King and its summons to full HP. The King himself will use Ultimate Recovery once his HP falls below a threshold (I believe its around 80-85% HP), but he only does it once, on the other hand, his summons will cast Ultimate Recovery every set amount of turns (approximately 15 turns). So if you can't kill the King before his summons reach the turn threshold, all your progress will be gone (unless, of course, you kill the summons before they reach it). The King himself also has a very powerful single target DRK attack that he uses every set amount of turns (around 10 I think) that hits your leftmost slot and is almost guaranteed to one shot them; also, each time the King uses Gaea Rage, he'll permanently buff all his stats by 20% the next turn before starting to summon again. Overall this means that you can't rush his summons because then he uses Gaea Rage and buffs himself, but you can't leave them around for too long either or they'll heal him.

His summons stats, for reference:
[attach=1]

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #455 on: May 22, 2018, 07:38:16 PM »
Spoiler:
I'm utterly disappointed that the summons used silhouettes of generic LoT2 monsters instead of the actual demons

« Reply #456 on: May 22, 2018, 11:37:54 PM »
The reward you get for defeating the
Spoiler:
King of Chaos is the King's Reason as expected, on the other hand, the reward for the "defeat all f29 bosses" achievement is just a bunch of money.

« Reply #457 on: May 23, 2018, 07:46:21 AM »
Got
Spoiler:
Red Hero and Green Brute
down, what a rough fight.
Spoiler:
Red Hero's gimmick is that he'll switch weapons every several turns, the FIR one is a devastating single-target attack that seems to favor each slot equally. That one was really notable for me because after doing one round as a proof of concept for the intended strategy without encountering trouble, in the second one that I tried to record he equipped the FIR weapon and proceeded to one-shot Iku in the 4th slot. Had to adjust equipment to prevent something like that from happening, and then I messed up on defeating them simultaneously, taking out the Green Brute first when Red Hero was one hit away from defeat. Red Hero proceeded to restore himself to half HP, apply a 20% all-stat buff that further increased after a few turns, and gained Regeneration at the start of each turn!

Green Brute, on the other hand, seems to mainly use Shock Attack a lot and a strong PHY attack on the 1st slot every set number of turns. The second time he uses it, he applies a 100% Boost on the turn prior. Shock Attack is also highly accurate in its status affliction rate and procs even 165 SHK resistance. 200+ is safe though. He also applies a 100% DEF buff at the start of the fight and reapplies it in a set number of turns I believe.

« Reply #458 on: May 23, 2018, 08:25:31 AM »
I found those two rather easy because I'm using Nitori. Nitori absolutely CRUSHES redboi when all-in on attack, and then you can fight greenie alone, who is much easier than both at once even if he "enrages."

Also, out of curiosity, how's the new content on Long Grueling Bosses? Are we gonna see Shou's true potential or are most of them still fairly short to where you're not gonna really use rage counters?

It's half-and-half. A lot of the new bosses are extremely durable, but at the same time they do -incredible- damage or otherwise have gimmicks that will steer you into the same old melting strategies anyway. You want them DEAD before they smear even full-specced tanks across the wall with nigh-unsurvivable attacks, and before your "squishy" damage dealers all drop like flies to party attacks. Shou WOULD be able to use rage. ...Presuming the tank/she can last more than a few rounds anyway, and that's before the boss tries to drop its "this character straight effin dies" move it's got in store.

Overall, I don't actually like this part of the game that entirely much. Strategy seems pretty one dimensional and in favor of extreme solutions. It's powerplay with the absolute hardest hitting combos or die, most of the time. Wipe them before they wipe you, 'cause so many WILL just wipe you.

« Reply #459 on: May 23, 2018, 09:19:19 AM »
Didn't even try to fight them solo powered up, maybe that way would've been easier. I ended up doing another run due to recording issues I hadn't noticed, went a bit smoother this time, even though
Spoiler:
Iku unexpectedly defeated Red Hero with Magic Counter, that was dangerous.

« Reply #460 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »
I'm uploading my fight against
Spoiler:
the three Deformed bosses at once on 29F. I maybe could've done otherwise, but I handled the fight as a damage rush. I even hit a personal highest damage number of 155m from Patchy with Start of Heavenly Demise. Sakuya's Private Square Awakening buff really came in handy for this fight. I don't really know just how much of an impact it had, but it definitely helped. I probably should've subbed her as Enhancer instead of Warrior though. After this fight, it's back to farming the Infinite Corridor for a while to max out all gems/orbs and get a ton of tomes, since I want to do a ton of the Corridor floors at once this time to get more dust, and also because I feel I'll need the stuff to fight ***WINNER*** and Not Rinnosuke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDUNH4OaMMk&feature=youtu.be I ended up restarting from the Game Over screen just because it was convenient.

« Reply #461 on: May 23, 2018, 02:22:06 PM »
Did anybody find any way to get Iron Man's Headband (or the items you craft with it) besides Infinite Corridor? So far, I only found an enemy on 29F which has a very low chance to drop Medicine of Life

« Reply #462 on: May 23, 2018, 02:24:53 PM »
I think the infinite corridor is your only hope for those. Same for Machine God Lucifers, but those almost feel not worth the effort to get at this point.

« Reply #463 on: May 23, 2018, 08:33:24 PM »
There is a single Iron Man's Headband in a locked treasure chest on 30f, otherwise yeah Corridor only. There's also a Tupsimati on 30f in another locked treasure chest.

If I'm not mistaken, this should be the full 30f map as of the current update: https://i.imgur.com/UKVjtUz.png. Loads of room for future updates.

Spoiler:
So the Embodiment of Purity turned out to just be a random 30f mob. Strange that it was finished earlier than the other 30f enemies. All of the 30f mobs are weak to WND and NTR besides Metallic Kedama, level range is 766-820.

Back to Corridor grinding then.

« Reply #464 on: May 23, 2018, 08:35:11 PM »
I suppose none of the three rocks on 30F are passable then?

« Reply #465 on: May 23, 2018, 08:47:33 PM »
As of the current update, no. Based on 3peso's update notes, the red rocks should be removed from the game on the 1.105 update. The other two rocks are for the Infinite Corridor (right rock) and a switch within an inaccessible part of 30f (top rock). I would presume that the red rock may be blocking the path to this switch.

This would leave three blockades of particular interest. Ryujin-sama is obviously on 30f, but what lies past the Corridor blockade, and what is in B11f?

« Reply #466 on: May 23, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »
Recorded the fights against

« Reply #467 on: May 23, 2018, 11:40:12 PM »
After getting Magic Sword "Chaos", I wanted to see the maximum amount of damage possible by Tenshi on
Spoiler:
Abyss Chen
, using Dragon God's Power. So with Divine Falchion, Magic Sword "Chaos", and 2x Scourge, and the usual buffs and damage boosting skills, the result was as such: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vr85dCZ7Gw&t=1m0s

It's not truly the maximum amount of damage possible (DEF/MND buffs aren't maxed, 0 Keystones of Spirit counters), but close enough.
Spoiler:
250% of her HP, 115m damage on a 45m target. Chen, this is what happens when you try to fight without Ran.

Would be interesting to see how other characters handle it, like Nitori (+30% CLD skill plus her usual brokenness), Tokiko (highest combined ATK/MAG), or Akyuu (Super Incantation), among others. This is a really strong subclass!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:42:03 PM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #468 on: May 24, 2018, 12:40:21 AM »
So far I've been using Dragon God on Kokoro (alongside Nitori for the +30% CLD), and it deals absurd amounts of damage. I'm sure Tokiko would do more, but I have WINNER on Tokiko, so...

... speaking of which, WINNER is a really amazing class. Sure, none of its spells, alone, are stronger than Dragon's Breath. However, they give you a surprising amount of versatility. Vorpal Blade is strong enough to be used as a standard single-target WND attack, Sword of Light pierces through almost any defenses, and Wand of Destruction wastes away anything not immune to all statuses. Between WINNER and Dragon God, Murakumo almost feels like a "second rate" subclass now^^ I mean, sure, it's still quite damn good, but the main problem is that, since it lacks composite attacks, you are generally stuck either with a weak Murakumo Slash or a weak Start of Heavenly Demise (sorta like the same issue with Suwako's moveset).

On another note, now that I defeated most of the bosses in the new patch, I'm starting to theorymon again for what team is the best for "infinite progression" - like WINNER farming in TL1, basically. Many of the same concepts still apply in TL2 as well, I think:

1) You generally want a tanky character on the left, a healer (possibly AoE) on the right, and two damage dealers in the center
2) You kinda need to be a bit bulky, and to be immune to as many statuses as possible - which is why I'm planning to equip most characters with 2 MGL + Medicine of Life and Tokugawa Statue. Sure, better items will eventually come around but it seems to me that this is the most balanced combo atm, especially for mixed attackers. Medicine of Life, in particular, provides you not only with insane bulk, but also near immunity to the most deadly status ailments (paralysis, silence, death and poison). Notably, it still leaves you uncovered against FIR/CLD/WND/NTR attacks, but I don't see how to patch it without giving up a huge amount of stats

However, I see also a major difference. In TL1, when it came to damage dealers, the main focus was on non-elemental nukers, and in general anything with really high multipliers, regardless of the element. Nitori, Youmu, Yuyuko, Shikieiki and the like were a must for any serious WINNER team (Suwako could work too, but she was a bit too frail IMO, and let's not even touch on Kaguya). Literally, once you had your tanks (2-3 between Keine, Ran, and Yukari), and your healers (Reimu and Minoriko), it was as simple as stacking as many of these nukers as possible, and throw them all at WINNER until either he died or you did.

In TL2, however, elements do matter. Unlike in TL1, where WINNER had no weaknesses, in TL2 weaknesses are a concern, and they shift throughout battles too. So, you generally want not only to have as many nukers as possible, but to have them spread throughout as many elements as possible. Given that running a tank + 2 DPS + healer set up is still advisable, though (I personally recommend Renko and Maribel, especially since Renko's status resistance ability allows you to "cap" your chars without overinvesting on items), you generally don't get to field entire "families" - though with Kinship boosts after awakening, that's less of an issue.

The problem, here, is that not all elements have it equally easy. Some elements, like PHY, SPI and DRK, have an abundance of nukers. Furthermore, any char can be turned into a SPI nuke thanks to Murakumo subclass. But some elements have much less choice available. With that in mind, I was thinking about compiling a list of plausible nukers for each element (not counting subclasses, ofc), trying to cover each element with at least two characters. I'll prolly come up with a more detailed list/analysis in the next days.

EDIT: Is it an oversight of the wiki, or does Koishi not get Proof of Kinship when awakened?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:00:02 AM by elminster1372 »

« Reply #469 on: May 24, 2018, 01:39:08 AM »
Well, for what it's worth, Murakumo's Blessing backed World Creation Press is still stronger for NTR damage than Dragon God's Breath. Murakumo's Blessing is more for powering up a character's innate spell cards. Though, is Sword of Light actually stronger than Murakumo Slash or Start of Heavenly Demise? Doesn't really seem like it is.

As for Koishi, she really doesn't get Proof of Kinship. Probably an oversight?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #470 on: May 24, 2018, 01:58:17 AM »
From my experience, Sword of Light seems powerful in the right hands, especially since it's a composite spell that ignores some defense. In my Team 9 thing, I gave the WINNER title to Cirno (having previously had Dragon God's Protection) while Murakumo's Blessing went to Mystia. Sword of Light was annihilating B11F enemies, so yeah, I'd say it's pretty good.

...Also yes, I beat ***WINNER*** with only Team 9. It may have required getting everyone nearly to level 1000, but it happened. Three more 29F bosses and a whole lot of corridor to go, to the point I might just wait a bit and go back to an old regular run. I want to try some other folk out, plus super postgame is extraordinarily rough for only four people.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 02:00:07 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #471 on: May 24, 2018, 05:05:56 AM »
I'm not sure if I misunderstand how Marisa's Hakkero Charge works but she's supposed to build the counter while she's in the reserve party right? I noticed on an earlier page that someone said the skill works properly now but I've been testing it and it doesn't seem to work for me unless she takes a turn while on the field, unless I'm just incorrectly interpreting what the "back" means in the skill description.

« Reply #472 on: May 24, 2018, 05:14:32 AM »
I'm not sure if I misunderstand how Marisa's Hakkero Charge works but she's supposed to build the counter while she's in the reserve party right? I noticed on an earlier page that someone said the skill works properly now but I've been testing it and it doesn't seem to work for me unless she takes a turn while on the field, unless I'm just incorrectly interpreting what the "back" means in the skill description.

You're right, my bad. I assumed the patch note about Marisa's Hakkero Charge was fixing the assumed bug with it not working in the back row, but interestingly I noticed the description is different now too, and it's a 4% boost with a 25 stack cap rather than a 3% with a 33 cap. Maybe it's only supposed to work on the front row, and the text is what's wrong?

EDIT: Her other Awakening Skill has been boosted to a 25% damage increase too, huh.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:37:20 AM by Krhinji »

« Reply #473 on: May 24, 2018, 05:19:40 AM »
You're right, my bad. I assumed the patch note about Marisa's Hakkero Charge was fixing the assumed bug with it not working in the back row, but interestingly I noticed the description is different now too, and it's a 4% boost with a 25 stack cap rather than a 3% with a 33% stat cap. Maybe it's only supposed to work on the front row, and the text is what's wrong?

EDIT: Her other Awakening Skill has been boosted to a 25% damage increase too, huh.

No worries I was just confused if there was some circumstance I wasn't figuring out. I wouldn't be surprised if it's only meant to work from the front as it working from the back and never decreasing sounds almost too good to be true.

« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2018, 06:07:20 AM »
Looking at the patch notes, it seems the only thing that was stated about Marisa's Awakening skills was that they were buffed. 25% more damage with Custom Mode is pretty nice.

« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2018, 07:47:28 AM »
I'm pretty sure its supposed to be a bug, the whole point of Charge mode is that you can have Marisa safely in the back powering up and then have her come out when the Boss is close to death to use her +100% damage Master Spark to finish him off.

« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2018, 07:51:48 AM »
Alright, so I've done everything but the last floor 29 boss. Been to floor 250 of infinity corridor, been everywhere on floor 30. Am I to assume that the "feel a presence deep in infinity" rock is impassible right now, and I've done everything except that last boss in the current patch?

« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2018, 08:07:10 AM »
That appears to be the case, yeah.

« Reply #478 on: May 24, 2018, 09:02:59 AM »
I was thinking, people generally use Satori for her Spellcard Recollection ability, but she might be an excellent candidate for Dragon God's Power. Besides her good mixed offenses, in fact, Satori deals a significant +60% damage when targetting a weakness, once she's awakened. And Dragon's Sigh just happens to almost always hit a weakness.

« Reply #479 on: May 24, 2018, 09:38:34 AM »
Spoiler:
Of note, the one I'm at now, Wriggle, is extremely tanky compared to everything else. I'm probably doing something wrong though.

Spoiler:
Got up to Abyss Wriggle now as well, going to run her later but she has 165m HP, for comparison Abyss Nitori has 60m and Abyss Parsee has 67m.