Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 167976 times)

IRUN

• Sin Sack
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #420 on: May 21, 2018, 05:19:47 AM »
Apparently, the Infinity Corridor is supposed to reach up to 512F, so there is probably another patch coming up.
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #421 on: May 21, 2018, 05:31:02 AM »

WELL OKAY.

This was off using a key on a !!!! chest, as a note.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #422 on: May 21, 2018, 05:45:14 AM »
Spoiler:
I posted this earlier but it starts looping again once you beat the boss on floor 250.

Spoiler:
What was the boss? The item mentioned earlier is "Mighty Hammer 'Grond', which was related to another Z Angband enemy like The Destroyer and the Serpent of Chaos, this time a Lord of the Rings character. Was that the boss, or was the boss unrelated? Also, were there any other non-Touhou bosses along the way?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #423 on: May 21, 2018, 05:51:49 AM »
The previous translation patch has been bumped up to function in the new Plus Disk version!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gy_k4dgrPVLffSsDg7r9BCHQIF3Full8/view

None of the new content is translated (yet), but this way you can still play in mostly-english.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #424 on: May 21, 2018, 05:54:17 AM »
Spoiler:
What was the boss? The item mentioned earlier is "Mighty Hammer 'Grond', which was related to another Z Angband enemy like The Destroyer and the Serpent of Chaos, this time a Lord of the Rings character. Was that the boss, or was the boss unrelated? Also, were there any other non-Touhou bosses along the way?

I'm not sure if you can spoiler images, so I'll just put the imgur link of it in the bestiary -
Spoiler:
All of the other bosses are single Touhou character fights.

Edit - I just checked using that English patch that was posted and the first line of flavor text is translated and mentions the hammer being wielded by the "Dark Lord". Perhaps someone else knows what that's referring to as I don't know anything about LotR or Z Angband.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:10:36 AM by zeroxtime62 »

« Reply #425 on: May 21, 2018, 06:10:54 AM »
I unlocked the other bosses on 29F.
Spoiler:
Demi-fiend being a fight in this game scares me, but what scares me even more is the OTHER boss on 29F. I might be wrong here but I'm 99% sure it's Rinnosuke from LoT1, it even used Start of Heavenly Demise. This is its sprite, and it matches up really well with LoT1 Rinnosuke. http://puu.sh/Aq58I/df62bedeb6.jpg

Spoiler:
Also, 30F is cruel.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
I managed to beat the boss at level 700! Wow! It was pretty simple! Oh, wait, no, it form changed. It *is* Rinnosuke.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:19:29 AM by Krhinji »

« Reply #426 on: May 21, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »
I'm not sure if you can spoiler images, so I'll just put the imgur link of it in the bestiary

Spoiler:
Boss' name is 災禍を抱く冥王, "Disaster Embracing Dark Lord", and is indeed based on the wielder of Grond, this guy here: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Melkor. I was kind of expecting him to look more...armored, but apparently he can change shape, and his description in Z Angband goes "His figure is like a black mountain crowned with Lightning." Well, it's more true to the source material than The Destroyer is, I don't think it was envisioned as a flying sword. Curiously, unlike The Destroyer and The Serpent of Chaos, who use the exact same name in this game as they did in Z Angband, the JP name for Z Angband is a bit different, 冥王『モルゴス』, original EN is "Morgoth, Lord of Darkness".

Separating spoilers for datamined subjects, the equipment now unaccounted for (as far as I'm aware) consists of the following

Spoiler:
Jewel of Judgement
MP+8 HP+999% MAG+800% TRR SIL DTH DBF+50

"The One Ring"
HP MND+999% EVA+32 CLD WND NTR+144

Book of Babbles
DEF MND+640% All Elements+100 All Status+32

Excalibur II
ATK+780% HP DEF+500% EVA+24 All Elements+64

True Divine Sword "Ame-no-Murakumo"
All Stats+999%

Source of Dragon God's Power
All Stats+500% All Elements+100 All Status+50

Spoiler:
The last two are obvious. The Book of Babbles and Excalibur II are Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy references. They might be tied to the achievements for defeating 29f's bosses, I don't know what those are. If not, probably tied to bosses.  I'm unfamiliar with the former item, but it appears to be related to a recurring super boss in Dragon Quest. Excalibur II is similarly related to recurring Final Fantasy character Gilgamesh. They might not be tied to cameo bosses though, the Allagan Battleaxe is a FFXIV reference, but is earned by defeating the Grotesque/Deformed trio. The Jewel of Judgement is related to The Serpent of Chaos' counterpart, The Unicorn of Order, and makes an appearance in Z Angband as an enemy. The Jewel of Judgement is an eye that the Unicorn gouged out of the Serpent, so it's probably the boss to drop that. The One Ring also shows up as an enemy in Z Angband, under the name of "a Plain Gold Ring". Either the Ring itself is the boss for it, or the one responsible for its forging, Sauron. Naturally, he's a Z Angband enemy as well.

I'm a nerd so I like to try to research about these things, since it can give a glimpse into the future of the game's updates. Developer likes to make a lot of references to things they like.

Spoiler:
Also, 30F is cruel.

Spoiler:
Guessing the Heaven counterparts of the Touhou bosses are random encounters there, similar to Labyrinth of Touhou 1?

Also, regarding
Spoiler:
Rinnosuke, the boss name is 襌の男, seems to be "Man of Dhyana". Dhyana is a Buddhist term for a profound meditation. I think this is the accurate translation for 襌, unsure.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:57:50 AM by LonelyGaruga »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #427 on: May 21, 2018, 10:00:30 AM »
Spoiler:
It's Man of Fundoshi.

« Reply #428 on: May 21, 2018, 12:52:32 PM »
Spoiler:
Guessing the Heaven counterparts of the Touhou bosses are random encounters there, similar to Labyrinth of Touhou 1?

Spoiler:
I didn't encounter any in the areas I was able to explore. There's several rocks I haven't managed to open yet so it's possible they might start showing up beyond them though.
Here's the text on them in case anyone wants to translate - https://i.imgur.com/35EZr5E.png

« Reply #429 on: May 21, 2018, 12:57:14 PM »
Spoiler:
Managed to defeat the Rinnosuke knockoff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EnElwzSIxE took quite some time to get prepared at the start of the fight.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #430 on: May 21, 2018, 02:21:13 PM »
Spoiler:
I didn't encounter any in the areas I was able to explore. There's several rocks I haven't managed to open yet so it's possible they might start showing up beyond them though.
Here's the text on them in case anyone wants to translate - https://i.imgur.com/35EZr5E.png

Spoiler:
First one is somewhere deep within infinite corridor; second one is somewhere deep on top of the tree; third one is just "sorry can't pass right now"

« Reply #431 on: May 21, 2018, 04:18:24 PM »
Spoiler:
It's Man of Fundoshi.

Spoiler:
Oh, 褌, not 襌. Durr, I should have checked the kanji for fundoshi, that was obvious. Going with Fundoshi Man then.

Spoiler:
I didn't encounter any in the areas I was able to explore.
Spoiler:
Huh, curious what's cruel about it then that Khrinji mentioned, that was my best guess as to what 30f had in store.

« Reply #432 on: May 21, 2018, 04:29:54 PM »
Spoiler:
Huh, curious what's cruel about it then that Khrinji mentioned, that was my best guess as to what 30f had in store.

Spoiler:
It's got some pretty crazy exploration, and the enemies are very tough. And there's still more of the floor to go, so it could still get worse.

« Reply #433 on: May 21, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
Spoiler:
First one is somewhere deep within infinite corridor; second one is somewhere deep on top of the tree; third one is just "sorry can't pass right now"

Spoiler:
Thank you. Guess it's back to playing the waiting game until the next patch is released then unless someone else uncovers a trigger on 30F that I missed exploring it. Judging by the text mentioning it being deep on the top of the tree, I imagine it's likely beyond the rock that says you can't pass. I like that 3peso is incorporating the corridor into the actual dungeon exploration instead of it being just some optional boss gauntlet.

« Reply #434 on: May 21, 2018, 06:21:31 PM »
The notes for the 1.104 update basically confirm the red rock is impassable until 1.105, which will have everything accessible.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2018, 07:05:00 PM »
Separating spoilers for datamined subjects, the equipment now unaccounted for (as far as I'm aware) consists of the following

I just noticed this post now, so:

Spoiler:
A couple of items are changed from that list. Book of Babbles is replaced by "Parallel Dimension Truth" which doesn't seem to be a reference to anything, and its description speaks of some "mysterious meat 3 brothers after clearing the game". The stats are same, though. Excalibur II got replaced with "Will of Gensokyo" which talked about "imitations" (and one of the rock messages referred to such too, noting that they're at the bottom of the tree - this is probably something different from the shadow bosses fights that populated B1F-B10F). It also got new stats: TP+8, All+400%, ACC/EVA+16, Ailment Resists+32, HP Recovery+2, MP Recovery+1.

Spoiler:
It's got some pretty crazy exploration, and the enemies are very tough. And there's still more of the floor to go, so it could still get worse.

Spoiler:
I honestly still prefer 30F's color switch hell to B9F's mapless icy hall of fun and happiness. As for monsters, like EVERYTHING is weak to NTR and I believe CLD so that helps a lot.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 07:07:10 PM by RegalStar »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2018, 07:20:30 PM »
Given I've been doing all this with Team 9, there's a lot of it that was surprisingly easy to do, especially since when I left them off, they handled Kedama Goddess or whatever it was called on B4F or whichever floor it was, so they were all sufficiently ready to handle Hollow Yamata-no-Orochi (again) and
Spoiler:
Dragon God. As well as going through last night and getting through 87F to about 120ishF, taking out Serpent of Chaos easily along the way. The only part of random encounters that were tough were B11F, but at this point they're way more managable now that everyone's reaching level 900ish.

Spoiler:
...Still haven't beaten ***WINNER*** though. I got him down to like 25% HP but noooot quite. Need a bit more grinding I guess and then he'll be down. And I've still got Deformed Bosses 2, not!Demi-Fiend, and not!Rinnosuke to do.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2018, 07:22:13 PM »
[attach=1]
Welp, guess I'm not beating it at level 900.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2018, 07:35:52 PM »

WELL OKAY.

This was off using a key on a !!!! chest, as a note.
Yeah, you could obtain those on patch 1.103 too, I think?

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIg8Cwo2nWY is up. Spoilers for patch 1.104. Sorry for the late video :P

« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »
Spoiler:
A couple of items are changed from that list. Book of Babbles is replaced by "Parallel Dimension Truth" which doesn't seem to be a reference to anything, and its description speaks of some "mysterious meat 3 brothers after clearing the game". The stats are same, though. Excalibur II got replaced with "Will of Gensokyo" which talked about "imitations" (and one of the rock messages referred to such too, noting that they're at the bottom of the tree - this is probably something different from the shadow bosses fights that populated B1F-B10F). It also got new stats: TP+8, All+400%, ACC/EVA+16, Ailment Resists+32, HP Recovery+2, MP Recovery+1.

Well that's interesting. Any details on the achievements? These were the ones that couldn't be acquired in the previous patch.

There's presently 6 achievements that aren't acquirable right now. I think these are the correct name/objective matches, but not 100% on it. Translating them roughly, they're

Spoiler:
"Was it going easy on us?": Defeat the Dragon God
"Who's this geezer?": Defeat ***WINNER***
"Door of Summoning": Defeat a boss on 29f
"Door of Door of Summoning": Defeat all of the bosses on 29f
"Patrasche": Defeat a boss on 30f
"Didn't go easy this time": Defeat the True: Dragon God

Spoiler:
Were there any changes here? I'm guessing the Will of Gensokyo is defeating all of the Abyss bosses, so perhaps the Parallel Dimension Truth is for defeating all of the Heaven bosses...maybe.

[attach=1]
Welp, guess I'm not beating it at level 900.

Spoiler:
Yeah that would be Demi-Fiend's Gaea Rage, which was a party wipe in its source material's fight. The clear video that was uploaded yesterday delayed the boss' actions frequently, so I'm guessing you have to defeat before it gets a set number of actions, or it'll use Gaea Rage. Maybe you'll be able to win if you blitz it.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2018, 08:06:00 PM »
Spoiler:
Acheivements were mostly unchanged - there were a couple of names that got changed but descriptions remained the same, and 8-bit limit went from 256F infinity corridor to 250F infinity corridor.

Spoiler:
Also for fun, I used cheat engine to hack myself past the "unpassable rocks". Sadly there aren't anything substantial behind them at the moment; the "deep within 30F" and "deep within infinity corridor" rocks lead to empty rooms, while the two red rocks (on 30F and B11F) lead to non-functional teleporters that teleport to themselves. The only interesting thing is that the 30F teleporter is guarded by another rock which calls for defeating all 4 bosses on 29F, while the one on B11F isn't guarded by anything else.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:08:18 PM by RegalStar »

« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2018, 08:26:20 PM »
Spoiler:
Yeah that would be Demi-Fiend's Gaea Rage, which was a party wipe in its source material's fight. The clear video that was uploaded yesterday delayed the boss' actions frequently, so I'm guessing you have to defeat before it gets a set number of actions, or it'll use Gaea Rage. Maybe you'll be able to win if you blitz it.

Spoiler:
I'm not sure about the turn limit, but he uses it when you defeat 4 of his summons. He has 6 summons in total (he can only have 2 of them out at once), each unique in its own way: the first is the Hero (knight) which mostly uses support spells and removes debuffs and statuses, second a demon statue that focuses in single target attacks, third a fairy which will Concentrate and use an immensely powerful DRK attack, fourth a golem that has very high defences and inflicts SIL and DTH, fifth a Queen (siren) that mostly debuffs you and sixth a nereid that mostly buffs. The turn right after he summons the nereid, he'll deplete his ATB bar down to 0 and Gaea Rage will come right after; he'll then waste a turn recharging and then start summoning in the same order again. So overall, if you want to avoid it, you can't defeat more than 3 of his summons. Even without that, I'll still need to grind a bit for this fight, since they deal more damage than I can take and he has a lot of HP, and most importantly both him and his summons are way faster than most of my characters.

« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2018, 08:37:41 PM »
Spoiler:
Ah, that must be it then, as Demi-Fiend used Gaea Rage after 2 summons following the initial 2, as I understand. Wonder if there's another trigger for it then, as summoning more enemies is reason enough to defeat the King of Chaos first, not much point in defeating the summons first.

« Reply #443 on: May 22, 2018, 04:48:56 AM »
I'd like a little advice on how exactly I should be getting stronger.

I'm about level 700 right now with floor 29 fully explored. I started exploring 29 at about 630-ish and was on floor 28 on 500-ish. I'm starting to notice that raw level ups aren't really making a difference anymore, a bundle of 25 or so levels don't change anything at all on my fights with b11 enemies (whom I'm leveling off of, for gems/jewels and one of them in particular dropping about 1 million money). Am I really supposed to just keep very slightly powering up in increments of 50-100 levels and keeping library levels about the same, or would I be better served in the infinity corridor looking for gems, tomes, and items? Just how essential is it to have a loadout of MGL's as opposed to equipment a tier or two down, and just how much do the stat boosting gems/high boosts really actually matter? I'm also finding it hard to keep playing as I've been, library levels are getting expensive enough and all these consumable items/awakenings in general are making it tough to swap party members around, feeling like I really better just find 12 star players, and go all-in on them.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #444 on: May 22, 2018, 05:14:17 AM »
Considering Awakenings are very limited, along with all the gems and library investment and etc, yeah, you really probably want to go down to 12 party members and maybe one or two lesser invested swap-ins.

Also, out of curiosity, how's the new content on Long Grueling Bosses? Are we gonna see Shou's true potential or are most of them still fairly short to where you're not gonna really use rage counters?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #445 on: May 22, 2018, 05:41:32 AM »
Also, out of curiosity, how's the new content on Long Grueling Bosses? Are we gonna see Shou's true potential or are most of them still fairly short to where you're not gonna really use rage counters?
Spoiler:
The Infinite Corridor's Abyss bosses are still pretty short, with a good attacker you can finish most of them in 5 or less attacks (assuming full buffs and elementalist/herbalist). The bosses from the main tree are a bit better with Dragon God, ***WINNER*** and King of Chaos having quite a bit of HP, so it takes a while to take them down (somewhere between 20-30 attacks, depending on your attackers and levels). Of particular note would be the Man of Fundoshi fight, where he has several forms each with their own HP, finishing in a damage race, the first form is very tame so you can technically stall until the rage counter is high enough.

« Reply #446 on: May 22, 2018, 06:14:44 AM »
I've still a ways to go through, up to
Spoiler:
Abyss Komachi, Corridor 140f
, but thus far,
Spoiler:
Ryujin-sama took 19 hits of World Creation Press to take down, while the Corridor bosses have been 2-3 hits of weakness. Ryujin-sama is definitely harder than any of the previous Plus Disk bosses imo. After Abyss Komachi I intend to do Red Hero & Green Brute.

Some HP numbers of the bosses I've seen thus far

Spoiler:
Ryujin-sama: 99.9m (level 512)
Abyss Rumia: 37m (level 609)
Abyss Cirno: 24.9m (level 644)
Abyss Minoriko: 47m (level 678)
Abyss Komachi: 137m (level 713)
Red Hero: 79m (level 724)
Green Brute: 125m (level 728)
Shredding Thing: 187m (level 866)
Chanting Thing: 146m (level 877)
Observing Thing: 227m (level 888)
***WINNER***: 330m (level 1000)

Spoiler:
Regarding Abyss Komachi, even though she has 137m HP she goes down in 2-3 hits of World Creation Press lol

« Reply #447 on: May 22, 2018, 06:20:39 AM »
Spoiler:
Regarding Abyss Komachi, even though she has 137m HP she goes down in 2-3 hits of World Creation Press lol

Spoiler:
She is unbelievably weak to Nature from my experience. I actually checked her page for the first time and sure enough, she's not as weak to Fire as Wind/Nature. She's also weak to Mystic, huh. My Patchy did around ~30something million to her with a Grand Incantation'd Satellite Himawari.

Spoiler:
Also, I pretty much agree with Libra's assessment of the new bosses in terms of tankiness. A lot of these Corridor bosses are extremely fast to go down. Of note, the one I'm at now, Wriggle, is extremely tanky compared to everything else. I'm probably doing something wrong though.

« Reply #448 on: May 22, 2018, 06:37:45 AM »
Spoiler:
Judging from her 3f incarnation, it's probably a 60 NTR affinity. But the MYS weakness is something neither the 3f or the regular Shadow version had, weird. Incidentally, I hit 100m with World Creation Press as my highest, and that isn't even like, 3x Scourge for max damage.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #449 on: May 22, 2018, 09:53:02 AM »
According to some random things I found from a Chinese guy's rambling, apparently as you go higher up in infinity corridor enemy "weakness" affinities get lower.