Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 165049 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2017, 05:52:09 PM »
Soo... I have 54 Dark Pieces, but I can't get past the rock on 27F (to the south) as it requires 56 pieces, and I can't get past the rock on B10F either, the one right next to the warp point (I don't know what this one requires). Is this the end of Plus Disk as it is, or am I forgetting something?

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2017, 06:20:26 PM »
There's something you're missing...but I don't remember the floors well enough to be sure of what it is. Did you defeat
Spoiler:
Shadow Reimu and Marisa
already? I remember that you can and have to defeat all of the Shadow bosses before you can clear that B10f rock, and the 27f switches are the key to unlocking that rock (I mistakenly said they were B7f earlier in the thread, I remembered this incorrectly, the B7f rock was defeating the final boss).

Definitely missing two Shadows, there's still more to do.

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2017, 06:33:07 PM »
I defeated all shadows except
Spoiler:
Rinnosuke and Tokiko
, which I dunno if I missed or whatever.

EDIT: Ok I found where they prolly are, on B9F, but I have no idea of how to reach that platform, I explored literally everything I could

EDIT2: Finally found it, it was behind a pair of rocks on B8F I kinda forgot about.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:15:14 AM by elminster1372 »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2017, 12:29:30 AM »
Was having trouble beating 12F Magatama so I dumped 2 whole long chains worth of money into Sakuya's ATK and when fully buffed and with a slight debuff on the enemy she was doing 30k a hit with Killing Doll haha. Factor in Extra Attack and you have an easy win.

I also did dump a long chain of money into Meiling's ATK as well previously and she's doing wonderfully against anything. Regularly hits for 15k+ on weaknesses with Mountain Breaker, very OP, very nice.

EDIT: and both of the above things let me slice through Tenshi like butter, wayyyy easier than the last fight against her.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:58:39 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2017, 04:37:26 AM »
Assuming you were to make a challenge run just using the front liners and never swapping them,which of these reserve passive characters would be the most useful? the ones with a (?) i am not so sure if they are always active despite being on the reserve party as the wiki didnt specified

Spoiler:
Renko,Shou,Sanae,Miko(?),Nazrin,Satori(?),Kogasa(?),Rumia,Komachi,Chen,Reimu,Rinnosuke,Keine,Anyone with proof of kinship,Diva class,Appraiser class,Elementalist class(?)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:39:16 AM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2017, 05:16:22 AM »
Assuming you were to make a challenge run just using the front liners and never swapping them,which of these reserve passive characters would be the most useful? the ones with a (?) i am not so sure if they are always active despite being on the reserve party as the wiki didnt specified

Spoiler:
Renko,Shou,Sanae,Miko(?),Nazrin,Satori(?),Kogasa(?),Rumia,Komachi,Chen,Reimu,Rinnosuke,Keine,Anyone with proof of kinship,Diva class,Appraiser class,Elementalist class(?)

Spoiler:
Diva and Rumia wouldn't be that good I think, since more battles=more money/experience/items, I guess you could use it to clear flors quickly and then just find a spot to grind but still. Miko's extra buffs do apply from the back (albeit only an extra 8%), Satori and Elementalist (he/she needs to actually take a hit first) don't work from the back. Kogasa doesn't have any skills that take effect from the back.  You forgot Eiki's damage reduction which also works from the back when she awakens.

More rewards with Rinnosuke, Komachi, Nazrin, Shou, Keine and lots of Appraisers would be my pick, with Reimu and Sanae  for TP/MP restoration and maybe Renko for the extra resistances. Late game wise probably Proof of Kinship (provided the character's actually have it either way). It's worth noting that depending on the characters you're using you can benefit from certain passives like the MAlice Cannon, Youmu's synergy with Yuyuko, etc. I believe the skill that gives you the largest boost is Maribel's Vision Sharing, which you can technically use if one of your frontliners is Ran.

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2017, 05:28:27 AM »
Honestly, the last couple floors in the main game are unbearably annyoing without Chen + Rumia/Renko, especially since you can easily get there while being 10-20 levels "behind". Enemies casting Ether Flare, Calming Scent or Black Universe while being ridiculously fast are just a pain, especially if you're using Strategist for first turn instead of Aya. Several of the "extra" postgame areas are in the same boat, honestly. Even after that, I found Rumia quite useful for not shooting past the challenge levels in Plus Disk so things can be actually challenging without special effort.

Also, one thing that deadweight backliners can do is power up anyone with
Spoiler:
Ame-No-Murakumo's Blessing
. That subclasse's buff absorbing skill works on allies in the back as well. If your back liners have buffs that activate even in the back[Sorcerer/Warror/Enduring Celestial], then your buff absorber will get a head start from them. This works even better with Ran's all buff skills, to the point where they can give the 
Spoiler:
Ame-No-Murakumo's Blessing
character 100% buffs in the relevant stat from 1-2 casts. The negative of this is that they'll also leech away the buffs of Byakuren or your squishy and hard to buff attackers.

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »
Honestly,if you just want to explore floors use Aya,put chen and a third character with diva subclass on the reserve,and stack as much TP bonuses as possible on aya,with her 'battle start at 20000 ATB' you should be able to flee from anything despite being the only frontliner

EDIT

i just found out violent green rupee bonus works even when holder is on the backline,time to find out how to get more of these

EDIT2

Spoiler:
Massive kedama and kokoro shadow are missing sprites,is that normal? figured the kedama was so huge it wouldnt fit on the screen
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:13:10 PM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2017, 03:32:52 AM »
Yeah, I do remember Shadow Kokoro not having a sprite. All I can say is that its not a problem with the translation patch, since it was still not there in my untranslated playthrough.

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2017, 03:45:48 AM »
Apparently i am missing two shadows to complete them all,i will figure out tomorrow how to get inside the boss spot sorrounded by slippery tiles with clearly no way to go in on view

I suppose a drop down or teleporter arrow must be used somewhere

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2017, 09:11:36 AM »
Nah, there is a way, you just need to do your sliding properly (it is a bit complicated, yeah)

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2017, 09:51:29 AM »
Went up against Yukari, lost all my huge damage dealers I put a lot of money into in the first few turns of the fight. Decided to try suicide tactics so I could retry and beat her up super easy the next time. After a few turns of trying to die, it takes too long so I decide to try and see how long it can play out. I beat her lmao. I tried to die in that fight and I still won.

Overall, the temperature maze was definitely a lot more enjoyable than 10-12F from LoT1. Not as much of a slogfest thankfully. I think the reduced amount of encounters helped to make it a smoother experience.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:54:48 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2017, 01:34:59 PM »
So I finally gave up on ever seeing this game getting its last intended updates and decided to just play it as soon as theres a good enough english patch.
Can someone tell me just how useable the most recent english patch is? Is dialogue completely translated? UI, spells etc? I dont want to start a run only to find out that I understand nothing once I hit a certain point.

Another unrelated question, am I the only one who, since a long time now, keeps getting database errors over and over again when browsing this site? Even posting a reply is a pain and it just loads until it finally stops and I have to refresh to try again.

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2017, 04:48:49 PM »
So I finally gave up on ever seeing this game getting its last intended updates and decided to just play it as soon as theres a good enough english patch.
Can someone tell me just how useable the most recent english patch is? Is dialogue completely translated? UI, spells etc? I dont want to start a run only to find out that I understand nothing once I hit a certain point.

Another unrelated question, am I the only one who, since a long time now, keeps getting database errors over and over again when browsing this site? Even posting a reply is a pain and it just loads until it finally stops and I have to refresh to try again.

the lastest one translates all items,skills and names,everything else is guess work,you can pretty much get to the end with it

And yes i am also getting a database error frequently

Spoiler:
I reached Hollow yamata no orochi but the game crashes on both versions,EN sprite doesnt appear and will crash once he gets a turn,on the japanese version the battle wont start at all due to a crash
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:24:37 PM by DarkAtma »

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2017, 07:16:21 PM »
im busy with LoT1 but i think the full patch from LoT2 base game is now in the expansions English patch, so its English everything until post game, but the post game story is just kinda "explore because rpgs are fun" anyway.

also just to plug my mod, i posted my Touhou Labyrinth 1 mod over here last night https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=21102.new#new

labyrinth 2 is always be the better game, but people wanting to play through labyrinth 1 again, this can help make it more enjoyable :)

hopefully i can get some feedback, if not its fine didn't make it to seek attention. (altho there is something im making for attention seeking, but thats a secret project for now...) The mod doesn't change the games balance, just makes it overall much more enjoyable. read more in the actual post link.
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2017, 01:52:58 AM »
Managed to run the game using the patch that just translates the main game but not the plus disk

Spoiler:
Ame no murakumo remilia and warrior flandre did all the damage on hollow orochi,the only RNG part was hoping meiling or kasen survived his desperation move to pull attackers out and finish him off

also,still no sprite display on Hollow orochi,how odd

Whats the next superboss? Serpent of chaos or kedama goddess? time to grind infinite corridor

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2017, 09:19:27 AM »
Is it a reasonable goal to be able to withstand all the attacks of the golden orbs (minus HP cutters) with minimal (<200) damage on Meiling??
Im struggling a lot with this fight, I can still grind a bit more and be under the recommended level but I keep getting fastly decimated on all accounts, and the opening barrage alone eliminates up to two people before I even get a turn.
General advice would be appreciated :)

EDIT: Nevermind, after a ton of retries and a few minor party adjustments I hit a really lucky break and managed to take it down :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:11:10 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2017, 08:25:14 PM »
The three orb fight is a fight where getting the first turn is really useful. With Aya or Strategist subclass, you can fairly trivially kill the Orb of Reverse time before it can even act. It has low DTH resistance, little health and is vulnerable to DRK, so Yuyuko or any strong DRK attacker[Especially Flandre] can usually take it out quickly if you can get the first turn. Yukari's Spiriting Away could help cinch the deal if you don't QUITE have the burst damage to kill it before it can act. After that, its mostly a matter of grinding down the center orb with bulky PHY sustained attackers like Remilia/Meiling/Momiji. The Orb of the Canopy has annoying heals/defense buffs, but you can outspeed it pretty hard since its vulnerable to HVY.

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2017, 10:28:08 PM »
If yukari spiriting away uses all her MP,wouldnt it be better to get as much regen as possible and lower her max MP with a main item?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2017, 10:57:34 PM »
If you want to use spiriting away repeatedly you need Satori, who can regen 25% of her max mp via a swap.

Yukari also doesn't need to lower her max mp regardless of strat because it doesn't COST max mp- it just uses up any extra to lower it's delay.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2017, 11:03:17 PM »
If yukari spiriting away uses all her MP,wouldnt it be better to get as much regen as possible and lower her max MP with a main item?

The thing is, Spiriting Away's delay goes down as the extra amount of MP it consumes goes up. With enough(50ish, I think) MP, Yukari will go just before everyone else affected by it, which is generally useful, especially with instant attack. At the very least, she can concentrate immediately afterwards to get a head start on replenishing all that MP.

And yeah, Satori is generally better for spamming Spiriting Away. I build Yukari as a fairly pure mage and thus only end up using Spiriting Away when I REALLY need to squeeze in a lot of damage very quickly. Support Yukari needs her MP slightly less, but having a really good defense buff and an aoe -50% speed debuff/paralyze also require MP.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2017, 06:37:13 AM »
Yeah between Reimu and Meiling I was able to reasonably survive most of Reverse Time's attacks with little issue but it wasn't good long term especially if RT kept spamming the hardest hitting ones in a row combined with HP cutters. Just had to get a lucky break where I didn't have that happen so much and I managed to take down Canopy and then nuked Forward Time with Nitori (who had like 15K attack and hit like 220K i think unbuffed haha) and Yuugi. I didn't really have enough burst damage to take down Reverse time super fast nor did I have any previous investment in Yukari and I wasn't about to grind her stats up from nothing.

By the way, how do you actually use Byakuren??? I feel like she's way too fragile to let her buffs build up over time at the moment, is heavy investment required to get mileage out of her?? She can't attack worth a damn either. I tried building her with SPD to spam her turns for buff building but she died in one hit to everything if she was out.

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2017, 12:19:37 PM »
 With Byakuren it's better to just build her tanky, focusing particularly in increasing her HP (since it's one of the best in the game). For her skills, her HP recovery and SPD buff are the most important imo, so get them first. Which of her other sutras you get depend on whether you want her to act as an offensive or defensive buffer. I would recommend the latter since getting DEF and MND makes her tankier. Once you get enough skillpoints to learn all her sutras she can act as an all around buffer.

For building up her buffs, using other buffers (Sanae, for example) as well as a Strategist to decrease decay helps her build them faster; you can spam Skanda's Legs for the SPD buff as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:22:15 PM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2017, 01:07:40 PM »
Byakuren can maintain her buffs at 100% with her passives if there's a strategist out (which is a great subclass for herself!), which is when she gets tanky. You really should have someone else help buff her up at the start though- she can cast Duplicating Scroll on herself once she has some buffs, but it'd take too long to wait for them to slowly roll up. She's an OK attacker but because of her slow levels/expensive library it's actually not -that- exciting, so it's best to use her for support and buffs.

It's a little awkward until she can afford to max all her sutras, but she's pretty solid at that point. At 100% buffs with maxed chant, she'll dole out 56% all-buffs whilst never needing a buff herself and regenerating her own HP, so it's like Sanae on drugs.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2017, 01:37:22 AM »
Does anybody know if the Stat Boost items (incl. boost 2 and mega boost), as well as the Stat Jewels can be found on the
Spoiler:
endless corridor (aside from the shop after each floor)
? Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked already.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:26:41 AM by Xarizzar »

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2017, 05:32:45 AM »
Does anybody know if the Stat Boost items (incl. boost 2 and mega boost), as well as the Stat Jewels can be found on the
Spoiler:
endless corridor (aside from the shop after each floor)
? Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked already.
They can all be found in chests in the endless corridor.

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »
How rare are the Daphnid Pack? I've taken some stairs down, come back up to 9f, cut down some vines, went down that staircase again and am lurking on 8f looking for them in the area which as far as I can tell the wiki says they're here, but have not found them after 50 battles or so.
Just for the bestiary, really.

Edit: Must've misread. Just found one on 9f.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:56:19 PM by SNinaNina »

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2017, 04:32:04 AM »
I've been having a lot of fun playing this game!

However one problem I had over and over was that I'd be fighting a boss, I'd notice they are weak to [element] - so of course I'd want to bring in party members who can target that weakness... but remembering who has which elements is very hard with all these characters!

So, I made a spreadsheet.  It just condenses all the (attack) spellcard information (which I pulled from the lovely wiki).  The idea is that I can use it to quickly find the characters who can target [element], and see the details of their spellcards that do so.

I made it just for my personal use, but here's the link if it is something you might like as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ZxLrDv1LH7AODlELKjZ6p70VMNvtG6J-ZcrFMRe6YQ/edit?usp=sharing (Also, obviously it has spoilers for the characters who join the party, don't click it if you don't want to know that)

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2017, 03:32:53 AM »
How does proof of kindship work? say i got 4 SDM members on the front and one on the back,the one on the back will give 50% its effect to the front row?
Spoiler:
patchy please be useful for once

Spoiler:
time to grind,serpent of chaos is kicking my SDM party left and right like ragdolls,doesnt help he has a party switch move followed by a nuke

best grinding floor?

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2017, 03:38:22 AM »
Upon reading that, I went through a little quiz for myself and found that there were few characters where I'd miss the mark on the elements of their abilities. I'd remember most of the elements they have but not all of them.

Wouldn't really advise switching around your party too much though, as Library levels dictate a small group of characters can keep up stat wise. Not going to be able to get library levels up to snuff if you're spreading your money that thinly unless you want to grind more for money and over level.

As an aside, I think if your library level for a stat is over 1.2x the character's level, you're over leveled.

SDM synergy skill gives 10% stats per member in the front row, excluding the user herself. Patchy in the back would give an additional 5% to the user instead of the full 10.