Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 167830 times)

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #870 on: June 22, 2018, 06:28:46 AM »
They are VOI, is what their description says, but they do have an element icon when you cast them, so I'm not really sure if that's the case?

« Reply #871 on: June 22, 2018, 06:31:14 AM »
The Elementalist skills count as FIR/CLD/WND/NTR for Patchy.

« Reply #872 on: June 22, 2018, 06:46:44 AM »
Yeah, the Elementalist spellcards are said to be VOI in their description, but they are actually FIR/CLD/WND/NTR respectively (you can see it in the elemental icon that appears next to their name when you cast it in combat).

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #873 on: June 22, 2018, 11:18:55 AM »
I figured the final version of this had to be out by now after all these years (welp), so I finally started playing it at the weekend. Thanks for the character unlock file, since playing through 50+ hours to recruit everyone is pretty much my least favourite thing in RPGs.

Currently on floor 10 with basically no idea about who I want to use long term other than Hina. Uncertainty about who to invest into has put a large mental block on me using the library, which is making life much more difficult than it needs to be. Still, I'm enjoying it.

On a bug related note that isn't on the wiki, Kanako's Beautiful Spring like Suiga seems to be (re)bugged in the Plus Disk. As of +1.104a, It doesn't lower ATK or MAG like the description says it's supposed to. Oddly enough it works fine in the base 1.203. I'd report it if I knew how, since she's a strong contender for a party spot.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #874 on: June 22, 2018, 01:55:07 PM »
Currently on floor 10 with basically no idea about who I want to use long term other than Hina. Uncertainty about who to invest into has put a large mental block on me using the library, which is making life much more difficult than it needs to be. Still, I'm enjoying it.
Well, if you only invest about half of what one would normally invest (e.g. lv40 library instead of 80) the costs are practically nothing. Especially consider that, by the time you're at 18f, the money you spent on 10f is almost nothing.

Oh huh, that's a strange bug to pop up though.

re:Final version, to be fair, sounds like the final content patch is just about done, and any character tweaks at this point will probably be awakening-only (so, deep plus disk territory).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:00:00 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #875 on: June 22, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »
It's finished enough right now to be considered "done" anyway, far as I care. The plot wraps up, the postgame leftovers wrap up, all we got left to wait on is just a couple of super bosses. If it wasn't for a few suspiciously unobtainable acheivements and those red rocks, you could honestly fool me right now into thinking nothing left was coming except some more IC floors.

« Reply #876 on: June 22, 2018, 05:12:51 PM »
I tried to see how much damage I could do in one Master Spark, the answer is a lot:
[attach=1]

Sadly, I got Strategist Miko killed, so missed on both the 10% extra damage and the 16% extra effect from buffs (other than that, used the 50% boost from Akyuu, Starting Point of Assault, Rumia's Racial Bonus and Maribel's Vision Sharing).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:15:12 PM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #877 on: June 22, 2018, 09:31:22 PM »
Enough to one-shot (heck, 120% of his max hp) the strongest boss currently in the game at a challenge level, without even heavily tweaking Marisa's magic library. XD Christ. The boss isn't weak to MYS, and Rumia's racial bonus is the only situational factor- but almost all bosses have a racial bonus you can hunt down somewhere. Sparkblasting is actually... damn.

Based on the image, it looks like Holy Blessing only drains the initial 27 mp cost from the whole front row? ...that's actually an incredibly potent combination. Plus it enables use of Alice, a 136 evasion character (mystiaaa) with many strong passives and a nuke in row-enhanced Hourai Dolls.

edit:Marisa would also regain 11 mp for each turn she remained in front casting magic missile with holy blessing on, if you used like, akyuu's invincible or eirin overheals to keep her alive. You know, if you need 2 sparks. lolo
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:16:45 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #878 on: June 22, 2018, 10:27:17 PM »
To be fair, with the setup I had here, Marisa is perfectly fine staying in the front as long as she's in the right slots (its faster to rack up the Charge mode stacks that way). Of course part of the reason is that this boss doesn't use too many threatening AoE attacks but still.

« Reply #879 on: June 23, 2018, 01:08:03 AM »
Hello! I'm new here. I played LoT1 a very long time ago and I decide to return to play it. I lost my original save but I have a older one at floor 18 on cloud. I already played a bit and beat the boss. Is still allowed to talk or this is only for LoT2?
My post took so much time to get approved that nobody see it, Lol.

From the current discussion: Did you mean there are only few characters viable for the post game or just some are more broken and other are just sub optimal? I still want to play with characters I like than broken characters in LoT2

« Reply #880 on: June 23, 2018, 01:11:38 AM »
It's the latter, pretty much every character in Labyrinth of Touhou 2 is good. Some are better than others, but there's no such thing as an outright bad character.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #881 on: June 23, 2018, 01:18:11 AM »
Yeah, even the -very- few "less good" characters are still totally viable. They're likely to get buffed a bit before 3peso decides he's finished patching, even.

S'just that a few cast members are a bit... abusable :V Even then, there's only like two glaringly notable examples there; Nitori and apparently also Marisa. Marisa's only ridiculous in endgame maxed out setups, though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:20:06 AM by Serela »

« Reply #882 on: June 23, 2018, 01:22:25 AM »
There is a point I didn't understand: The post game, does everyone have so much speed that switching slow nuke characters isn't worthy any more or is just me misunderstand it? I very like switching characters.

« Reply #883 on: June 23, 2018, 01:35:25 AM »
In the very late plus disc postgame, yeah. Hopefully that'll be fixed in some way in the next few patches.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #884 on: June 23, 2018, 02:08:31 AM »
Honestly, swapping slow nukes in LoT2 was never as good at LoT1. LoT1 it's your main source of damage, in 2 there's lots of bulky attackers who deal nearly as much as slow nukes (really, there's not the same colossally strong nukes on squishies)... and a lot more alltarget attacks that will kill squishy backrow characters too. But yeah, in endgame the atb increases by 2k+ on pretty much all your members without speed buffs and it'll only get higher. 3peso maybe shouldn't have inflated the levels quite so much; 2,000 endgame instead of 500 endgame breaks some stuff. Swapping is still sort of efficient in the right times on slow nukes, but it'll only break further by the end.

« Reply #885 on: June 23, 2018, 02:28:45 AM »
S'just that a few cast members are a bit... abusable :V Even then, there's only like two glaringly notable examples there; Nitori and apparently also Marisa. Marisa's only ridiculous in endgame maxed out setups, though.

idk about Marisa, it does take 25 turns to max out her Charge Mode counter. The damage does seem a little high regardless though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #886 on: June 23, 2018, 02:41:52 AM »
Well yeah, but even with it at half full she'd do about 93% of his hp meter, so XD Plus with a strat like that you'd probably overinvest her Magic library. (It's still a one-shot with a strategist or extra library at half charge...)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:56:37 AM by Serela »

« Reply #887 on: June 23, 2018, 03:02:45 AM »
That's pretty fine tbh, I took 9 turns to beat King of Chaos with Tenshi, and two of those were dead turns waiting on Perfect Life. Was level 1123 instead of 1200 too.

« Reply #888 on: June 23, 2018, 02:48:31 PM »
That Master Spark looks kinda fierce :-O

Me, I generally don't get those numbers because I prefer a "bulky offense approach", with proper defenses and status immunities. In fact, I equipped every team member with Medicine of Life, Quartz Charm (except Maintenance users), and Machine God Lucifer or a similarly good equipment (like Magic Sword Chaos, Fundoshi Dimension Coupler etc), with Tokugawa Statue as main equip (still miss 4-5 of those but I'll get there). Sure, I get less damage done, but I can withstand nearly anything bosses and enemies of my level can throw out and finish them off. Stability FTW^^

« Reply #889 on: June 23, 2018, 04:02:15 PM »
I just noticed that Chen's new Shikigami's Multi Accel Attack increases when she takes an action, not when she attacks, this means that you can use another Instant Attacker to constantly switch her in and out, allowing you to max out the counter instantly for that 50% ATK boost. The counter also doesn't disappear when moving to the back.

Its also worth noting that due to the SPD increase from Chen's awakening and her own very high levelling rate/low library costs, Chen eventually outspeeds Aya.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:14:18 PM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #890 on: June 23, 2018, 04:29:44 PM »
Me, I generally don't get those numbers because I prefer a "bulky offense approach", with proper defenses and status immunities.
Bulky offensive is definitely LoT2's meta for the most part, but if a character can pull off a nuke -that- big solo, it seems worthwhile. @.@ That being said, I don't see myself using Marisa particularly soon, but when it gets into big winner chains or deep corridor shenanigans or whatever else might potentially be in there, I may be tome'ing someone and swapping her in to complement my otherwise durability-focused attackers. Maybe if Miko lags behind in post-endgame due to her massive library/level costs she'll find her spot taken by Marisa...

I mean, I don't really need -six- bulky attackers, now that MP isn't a large issue and I have enough durability shenanigans they don't drop like flies.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:40:28 PM by Serela »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #891 on: June 23, 2018, 06:07:58 PM »
That Master Spark looks kinda fierce :-O

Me, I generally don't get those numbers because I prefer a "bulky offense approach", with proper defenses and status immunities. In fact, I equipped every team member with Medicine of Life, Quartz Charm (except Maintenance users), and Machine God Lucifer or a similarly good equipment (like Magic Sword Chaos, Fundoshi Dimension Coupler etc), with Tokugawa Statue as main equip (still miss 4-5 of those but I'll get there). Sure, I get less damage done, but I can withstand nearly anything bosses and enemies of my level can throw out and finish them off. Stability FTW^^
So, how did you manage to pull off the numbers needed to beat King of Chaos, at challenge level?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #892 on: June 23, 2018, 06:19:24 PM »
You can totally beat King just using the stronger bulky attackers. Granted, you might feel more compelled to do so at a slightly higher level and you might skirt towards the edge of the turn limit, as I'm pretty sure I did. My Nitori was only subclassed as Transcendant so I wasn't getting any crazy weakness damage off her nor was she a total centerpiece of my damage, so I figure my party counted as an average, non-special clear. I did it at like 1250 average level, I think?

Since any party can sub Holy Blessing on their strongest physical attacker for King, plus access to Sword of Light on the other class, he should be pretty handle-able. I hadn't used either :V Miko had sword of light but she preferred her own Light attacks.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:24:09 PM by Serela »

« Reply #893 on: June 23, 2018, 06:20:51 PM »
So, how did you manage to pull off the numbers needed to beat King of Chaos, at challenge level?

Idr exactly, I think I was around lvl 1200 or something. I did have trouble to keep up, though I eventually managed to do it with Renko/Nitori/Miko/Maribel. I mean, I can still get good numbers^^ Just not nearly 1 billion like Serela did with Marisa

Maybe if Miko lags behind in post-endgame due to her massive library/level costs she'll find her spot taken by Marisa...

Well, I dunno how high of a lvl you got, I'm almost lvl 2000 average with my team, and Miko is still pretty powerful. Not the stronger SPI attacker I got (Kanako outdamages her cleanly once awakened, Mad Dance is absurdly strong), but her damage is still solid. Plus, she is still my best debuffer.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:23:59 PM by elminster1372 »

« Reply #894 on: June 24, 2018, 12:08:15 AM »
I did King at about 1100 just by blasting him with Brilliant Light Gem and occasionally rotating in secondary damage dealers in slot four (namely, Nitori and Wriggle with some buffers coming out to keep Meiling's stats up) and it worked just fine.

« Reply #895 on: June 24, 2018, 02:17:38 AM »
Just found out that Yuyuko's Ghastly Dream is bugged, instead of decreasing every enemy's ATB by 25%, it decreases only the ATB of the target enemy by 25% per the number of enemies (so it reduces their ATB down to 75%, then to 75% of that value and so on). This also seems to have a very weird interaction with bosses, since they halve ATB reducing effects, and in this case, it seems the amount gets reduced by half for every instance they get hit by the effect (so first by 12.5%, then by 6.25%, etc).

EDIT: After some more testing, it seems that my numbers on the last part were incorrect due to the fact that the reduction on bosses is different for each spell, while bosses reduce the effect of Ghost Butterfly to lowering 15% ATB instead of 33%, they reduce the effect of Ghastly Dream to 8% from the original 25%. So they simply get that 8% reduction multiple times if there's several enemies.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 10:41:14 PM by Libra »

« Reply #896 on: June 25, 2018, 09:14:14 PM »
I beat the king, damage race style. I used Okuu with Murakumo's blessing without the skill that drains other frontliners' mana for more damage, rev up her overheat charges to the max then spam start of heavenly demise. The AOE kills his minions so he's stuck resummoning them while taking about 1/4 HP damage every cast. I used Aya for that since the delay for heavenly demise is a bit too long and I can't take that concentrate AOE nuke.

I don't know if overheat affecting subclass spells was intentional, but it's pretty good. I think Marisa's awakening also affects subclass spells.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #897 on: June 25, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
I finished the infinite corridor bosses yesterday.

Uploaded videos of the bosses I was told were interesting:
Spoiler:
Shadow Komachi Abyss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7nuyxmFOBs
Spoiler:
Shadow Mokou Abyss
https://youtu.be/WVmApcTG_3c
Spoiler:
Shadow Aya Abyss
https://youtu.be/utLrdpLY12Q
Spoiler:
Dark Lord of Woe
https://youtu.be/pQyeVSMmz-4

I'm not sure if it's because I used Nitori (Okay, it probably is. I'm sorry), but
Spoiler:
Dark Lord of Woe
wasn't nearly as hard as
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos
for me. Now I can't tell if that boss was supposed to be all that menacing or not. What else can that boss do, anyway?

« Reply #898 on: June 25, 2018, 09:39:36 PM »
Dark Lord is not very hard overall, it has a few dangerous single and multi target (which also happen to be dual elemental) nukes, but it needs to charge up too often to use them. The most threathening combo it has is a move that drains your frontline's buffs followed by an MT nuke (which with a 100% buff is probably gonna wipe you out).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:41:27 PM by Libra »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #899 on: June 25, 2018, 09:45:55 PM »
Sounds like I got lucky, again. lol.

Also sounds like it's an upgraded Memorized Knowledge or something (That boss from 15F, I think, that alternates between buffing to 100% and nuking). With an HP pool like that, it's probably harder than your average Infinite Corridor boss