Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 167442 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2017, 04:04:35 PM »
where i can find golden tokugawa statue to craft
Spoiler:
winner rags?

« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2017, 06:14:00 PM »
I did some digging using Cheat Engine, and I believe that I found the location of the void resist value. If this address is correct (I'm fairly confident in it, but I don't do this often) then these should be the values.
Shikieiki = 150
Flandre = 200
Nazrin = 150
Kaguya = 80
Parsee = 200
Komachi = 160
Maribel = 400
Eirin = 140
Everyone else just has 100 as their value. Please note that this was taken from the last patch for the game before plus disc, so plus disc may have changed the values. I don't have the plus disc patch, so I cant check the values there, or the values of the plus disc characters.

Ah, that's pretty convenient. So Cheat Engine is how you find this stuff? I tried it out a little after reading this to see if I could find anything but I don't really understand it well enough to make any use of it. Oh well.

So then,

Kaguya is +20%
Eirin is -30% (rounding)
Eiki and Nazrin are -33%
Komachi is -37.5%
Flandre and Parsee are -50%
Maribel is -75%

Looks pretty accurate. Wonder if Patchouli gains a VOI weakness in Plus Disk or if that was just an error.

where i can find golden tokugawa statue to craft
Spoiler:
winner rags?

The craft item drops from mobs somewhere between B8f-B10f, can't check which ones atm though.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »
The craft item drops from mobs somewhere between B8f-B10f, can't check which ones atm though.
Must be some sort of rare mob I haven't beaten yet. It's currently the only material I'm missing and I can't find what drops it on the Bestiary.

« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2017, 06:56:35 PM »
Nah, shouldn't be a rare enemy. I haven't found any in Plus Disk besides the Walking Unripe Fruit palette swap in B1f-B5f. I'll try to get on those floors by the end of today so that I can provide more accurate information regarding where the item drops. IIRC, B10f introduces the Abyss Naga (purple dragon), Archdevil (golden skinny humanoid with arms raised up), Blood-Sucking Rafflesia (exactly what it sounds like), and I think some kind of crystalline enemy I don't recall the name of. That might've been a B9f enemy instead. Do you have all of those enemies in the bestiary? I might also be mistaken about it being a basement floor drop, could be 27f too. There's some distinctions in craft materials dropped between 22-27f and B1-10f.

It's definitely in the game, I checked it because I was also missing that craft item, but idr what exactly drops it unfortunately.

« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »
i recall some rare mini golden orb appearing while exploring floors

i just never killed it because i was in a rush to get into the endgame,i will spam encounters and see what i get

« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2017, 07:56:22 PM »
Just in case somebody still cares about TL1... I finally did it. Enjoy^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixgowABy9Ks

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2017, 11:13:32 PM »
Yup. Got all of those in the bestiary. None of them show it as a drop, unless of course it doesn't show unless you have the item, which is possible too...

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2017, 07:13:24 AM »
i recall some rare mini golden orb appearing while exploring floors

i just never killed it because i was in a rush to get into the endgame,i will spam encounters and see what i get

Yeah, I think that was it. Didn't realize those were rare enemies (or their large counterpart for that matter). I've now encountered and defeated every enemy on B8f-B10f and 27f that I remember except for the small golden orbs, and nothing drops the craft item. The big one is at B10f and I think I remember seeing the small ones on B10f, but I've had about 400 encounters and haven't seen any of the small ones. I'm giving up on hunting them in favor of finishing up the remaining bosses and tackling
Spoiler:
Kedama Goddess

Unrelated, but the large golden orbs give enormous amounts of EXP, most fights involving them give about 2m EXP. They're kinda rare, but B10f mobs give good EXP by themselves too. B10f seems to be the best grinding spot, I gotta get back to the 100f on Infinite Corridor and compare enemy EXP to be certain of that though.

Just in case somebody still cares about TL1... I finally did it. Enjoy^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixgowABy9Ks

Hey, congratulations! What are you going to do now that you've accomplished that?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2017, 07:41:54 AM »
You mean these guys? https://i.imgur.com/SiHCDzF.png These guys can be found on B8F, I believe.

« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2017, 07:53:47 AM »
Huh, I thought there was a small version of the enemy translated as "Golden One", but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly...I didn't find that particular enemy you linked, so that might've been it.

Man, that's weird though, it looks like nothing actually drops that craft item then. That's inexplicable.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2017, 08:13:03 AM »
Then, I wouldn't worry about it. If you actually have it, then you can probably find it in the
Spoiler:
Infinity Corridor
instead of just a drop.

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2017, 10:06:16 AM »
Hey, congratulations! What are you going to do now that you've accomplished that?

Maybe I'll get back to TL2 and finish it... though I'm not very motivated to do so, what with the game still being incomplete etc. Maybe I'll wait until the current game is fully translate to restart it and at least re-experience the story I guess.

EDIT: By the way, is it possible to start a new game with all 56 chars, after you recruit
Spoiler:
Akyu
?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:15:30 AM by elminster1372 »

« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2017, 12:48:34 PM »
i actually freaked out when a big one popped on 10F

so nothing drops it,how odd

Spoiler:
there is plenty of FOE unused enemies on the img files i wonder of those will be the 28-30F enemies
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:00:52 PM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2017, 04:47:26 PM »
Then, I wouldn't worry about it. If you actually have it, then you can probably find it in the
Spoiler:
Infinity Corridor
instead of just a drop.

Nah, I didn't actually acquire it, I was just making a list of attainable items and wanted to make sure Winner's Rags were possible to acquire. Evidently, I remembered incorrectly about that, but the JP wiki seems to suggest that the craft item is actually possible to acquire, as it does list it as an available item...that might just be an assumption though.

EDIT: By the way, is it possible to start a new game with all 56 chars, after you recruit
Spoiler:
Akyu
?

Not yet, no.

Spoiler:
there is plenty of FOE unused enemies on the img files i wonder of those will be the 28-30F enemies

Spoiler:
Eh really? How do you view those?

EDIT: OK got
Spoiler:
Kedama Goddess
down, recording of the run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DEWN9o34hA

I cheated a bit by abusing Akyuu's invincibility, but with a multi-target healer and someone buffing their ATK/MAG it would be doable without the invincibility. Could also have someone subclass Healer so that there's two single-target healers instead. There's about two actions per character between Space Compression uses, so either way works. Boss gets 885 ATB per tick, which is about uh, 3,500 SPD or something like that. Much slower than
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos
, which gets 1,300 ATB per tick (about 7,900 SPD).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:14:57 PM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »
Nah, I didn't actually acquire it, I was just making a list of attainable items and wanted to make sure Winner's Rags were possible to acquire. Evidently, I remembered incorrectly about that, but the JP wiki seems to suggest that the craft item is actually possible to acquire, as it does list it as an available item...that might just be an assumption though.

Not yet, no.

Spoiler:
Eh really? How do you view those?

EDIT: OK got
Spoiler:
Kedama Goddess
down, recording of the run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DEWN9o34hA

I cheated a bit by abusing Akyuu's invincibility, but with a multi-target healer and someone buffing their ATK/MAG it would be doable without the invincibility. Could also have someone subclass Healer so that there's two single-target healers instead. There's about two actions per character between Space Compression uses, so either way works. Boss gets 885 ATB per tick, which is about uh, 3,500 SPD or something like that. Much slower than
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos
, which gets 1,300 ATB per tick (about 7,900 SPD).

with a DXextractor you can see every image file of the game
Spoiler:
somehow i lack shadow kokoro and hollow orochi sprites

The attachment is just img3 extracted
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:58:49 PM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2017, 10:52:19 PM »
Wow, awesome. btw it's normal to lack
Spoiler:
Kokoro
sprites, they aren't in the game for some reason. Dunno if you looked or not, but I found
Spoiler:
Hollow Orochi's
sprites in the 4th img pack. That's all it contains except for
Spoiler:
Kedama Macho
(wtf).

Looking over everything, it looks like

Spoiler:
There are "Heaven" versions of every Touhou boss to serve as counterparts to the "Abyss" ones in the Infinite Corridor.
The enemies labeled 28-30 at the beginning correspond to those floors. These numbers seem to mark where they first begin appearing.
The enemies labeled 40 correspond to B11f. 41 is B10f, 40 is B9f, and etc.
The enemies labeled 99 are for the Infinite Corridor. 99_10 are, I believe, unused. I've also never seen the meteor-looking enemy. It's a palette swap of an enemy labeled for 13f in the 1st img pack, but I've never seen that, and neither the JP nor EN wiki have any information about it. Unused enemy?

Curiously,
Spoiler:
Yamata no Orochi is labeled as a 25f enemy when it's fought on 26f. Maybe it was originally planned for 25f?

Looking at this, I'm missing a couple of enemies in the bestiary, might try hunting them sometime. Thanks for mentioning this, it was pretty interesting to look at.

« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2017, 11:01:27 PM »
-Quote-

What if i told you,i dont got img4,and never knew it existed?

did i missed a patch or something? i got only up to img3

It is only
Spoiler:
hollow orochi and his summons
on that file?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:20:44 PM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2017, 11:22:32 PM »
Oh wow I dunno what to say about that. img4 contains
Spoiler:
Hollow Orochi, its 5 summons, and the 27f mob Kedama Macho.

Sounds like you're missing that for some reason, maybe you should check to make sure you have the latest patch or something.

--

Unrelated, I'm checking BGMs now and there's some unused ones here too, neat. Going to have to go through all of them later. Sound pretty good so far.

« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2017, 11:37:58 PM »
Oh wow I dunno what to say about that. img4 contains
Spoiler:
Hollow Orochi, its 5 summons, and the 27f mob Kedama Macho.

Sounds like you're missing that for some reason, maybe you should check to make sure you have the latest patch or something.

--

Unrelated, I'm checking BGMs now and there's some unused ones here too, neat. Going to have to go through all of them later. Sound pretty good so far.

oh right the gigantic kedama,trough it was a joke that he was so big you couldnt see the sprite

i will check out the patches in case i missed anything,how weird

EDIT:Yeah,apparently i was missing the "THL2P_1103patch" file,which contains img4

I never saw that file on the author page,i must be blind or something

EDIT2:Necronomicon is clearly superior to gran grimoire,correct?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:41:38 AM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2017, 01:00:35 AM »
Would depend on what you need, more HP or more MAG + affinity. I'd use Gran Grimoire over Necronomicon tbh, but I'm biased toward more damage like that.

« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2017, 01:05:49 AM »
I believe this was a feature on LoT1 but not sure if its on Lot2,can you level skill points several at once? like by 10 or 100 points instead of holding the key down and waiting for like 30 seconds to level one stat to 500?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2017, 01:09:17 AM »
I feel like someone said that was added as a feature in plus. I don't remember how though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2017, 01:55:47 AM »
You press "A" to add 10 points and "S" to add 100 points. S doesn't work with library points, for good reasons.

« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2017, 02:17:24 AM »
You press "A" to add 10 points and "S" to add 100 points. S doesn't work with library points, for good reasons.

ah perfect that should make it way quicker,now to grind everyone to 550-600 and get the money i guess

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2017, 03:32:12 AM »
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos
beat. With some luck. lol.
Spoiler:
Apparently now the infinity corridor loops forever on floor 101, which is good cause I can farm points for the OP equipment without needing to farm Ironman's Headbands

« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2017, 03:40:29 AM »
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos
beat. With some luck. lol.
Spoiler:
Apparently now the infinity corridor loops forever on floor 101, which is good cause I can farm points for the OP equipment without needing to farm Ironman's Headbands

explain on the loop part,i am curious
Spoiler:
101>rest area>101>rest area ad infinitum?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2017, 04:41:44 AM »
That is correct.
Spoiler:
Though I assume that more floors will be added.

That said, I'm unsure of what I should do to prepare for the next batch of content. Should I grind for more levels? Should I grind more Infinity Corridor? I guess more Quartz Charms would be nice. What do people think about the content that will be added?

« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2017, 12:03:22 AM »
I'd personally play something else and just wait for the next update, but if you want to prepare for the next update in advance, the levels will probably go to 2000+ looking at the Infinite Corridor's scaling method. It can be assumed that there'll be 10 floors per remaining Touhou boss since that accounts for acquiring all of the Awakening items. The level scaling currently has bosses gain +36 levels every 10 floors, so that would account for 49 * 36 = 1,764 levels, +600 from the 100f boss would be level 2,364. That's only a projection based on how things currently work, there might be changes in how the Infinite Corridor works in the next update.

As for equipment, that stuff at least has been fully explored through exploring the game's files, but the stats shown can't be taken to be finalized, as there are some discrepancies in what was originally found compared to what was implemented. Taking the
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos'
reward item for example, the stats were originally listed as HP/DEF+999%, ACC+99, DRK+300, but the final stats are fairly different, being HP/DEF+1080%, ATK/MAG+400%, ACC+66, DRK+300, DTH+150. As a smaller example, Scourge went from ATK+880% and DEF+440% to ATK+800% and DEF+400% (both versions have PHY+100).

Looking at the old list of items that were found in the files, the ones that haven't been implemented in an attainable fashion are as follows,

Spoiler:
Magic Sword "Chaos"
ATK+1680% EVA+32

Gemini Lotus
MP TP+8 MAG MND SPD+720%

Demi-fiend's Reason
HP+880% ATK MAG DEF+560% DARK+240 DBF+100

Allagan Battleaxe
HP+640% ATK+480% DEF+880% MND+400% ACC+39 SHK DTH TRR+80

Winner's Rag
HP ATK+720% DEF SPD+540% ACC EVA+16 PSN PAR HVY SHK+32

Jewel of Judgement
MP+8 HP+999% MAG+800% TRR SIL DTH DBF+50

Mighty Hammer "Grond"
TP+8 HP+999% ATK+800% PSN PAR HVY SHK+50

"The One Ring"
HP MND+999% EVA+32 CLD WND NTR+144

Book of Babbles
DEF MND+640% All Elements+100 All Status+32

Excalibur II
ATK+780% HP DEF+500% EVA+24 All Elements+64

True Divine Sword "Ame-no-Murakumo"
All Stats+999%

Source of Dragon God's Power
All Stats+500% All Elements+100 All Status+50

First 4 are page 11, after
Spoiler:
Winner's Rags, which definitely aren't possible to acquire atm
are all the items following the
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos'
reward item. From this listing, it's probably safe to assume that equipment like Quartz Charm, Regalia, Medicine of Life, and Machine God Lucifer will remain very relevant even once everything is available. idk what else you might want to farm, I guess you can always just acquire whatever you intend to use while playing through the rest of what will be left of Plus Disk in the next update.

There's presently 6 achievements that aren't acquirable right now. I think these are the correct name/objective matches, but not 100% on it. Translating them roughly, they're

Spoiler:
"Was it going easy on us?": Defeat the Dragon God
"Who's this geezer?": Defeat ***WINNER***
"Door of Summoning": Defeat a boss on 29f
"Door of Door of Summoning": Defeat all of the bosses on 29f
"Patrasche": Defeat a boss on 30f
"Didn't go easy this time": Defeat the True: Dragon God

Spoiler:
29f is most likely where the Heaven counterparts of the Touhou bosses show up. There's one enemy listed for 30f in the image files, which is a palette swap of the Enforcer of Power, named the Embodiment of Purity (聖の体現者). I'd guess that's the 30f boss for the title, might require defeating all Heaven versions of the Touhou bosses to access.

If these titles grant the last 6 items on the list, then that likely means
Spoiler:
something needs to drop the Jewel of Judgement, which is most likely the Unicorn of Order, which is the counterpart to the Serpent of Chaos. The Jewel of Judgement is an eye from the Serpent that the Unicorn gouged out and stole. The Unicorn is also featured in Z Angband as an enemy.

There's also a lot of songs that aren't yet used in the game, enough that I can't figure out what they would all be used for. Specifically, there are
Spoiler:
songs that seem to be unused. Who knows what could be done to fit all of those songs in, considering there's only
Spoiler:
floors unimplemented yet. Can guess the purpose of some by names, but that's about it.

Can't think of anything else to say about what the next update might have in store.

« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2017, 10:35:50 AM »
Well, I reached 100F in the infinite corridor, no chance against the boss yet, also reached  and explored the last floors up and down, I think there was another boss somewhere which I didnt beat and I think there might be a third one somewhere just because I never think of everything. I decided to lean back a bit and just raise every character of interest a bit so I wont be done too quickly again with the first plusdisc playtrough.

Also, you all are talking as if you didn't give up hope for the update to ever come yet, that's some impressive amount of optimism right there.

« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »
Admittedly, it also took a long time before we got TL2, but what worries me (and everybody else) is that 3peso basically disappeared from the internet. Not a single hint of activity on his twitter page or elsewhere (as far as I could find, at least) since the 23rd of March of this year. Considering how frequent his activity was before that date, I really don't know how reasonable it is to expect for him to come back at his point.

To be honest, I just wish somebody - anybody - would complete this game. I mean, most of the stuff (even down to the music, the art sprites etc.) is already there. However, it would feel bad if somebody else other than 3peso (or at least somebody appointed by him) finished it. Still, it feels bad not to be able to get all the character awakening items, or
Spoiler:
the two remaining uber classes
- or, most importantly, a level progression which actually goes over 700-something and gives a "raison d'etre" to the stat giga boosts and all the uber items you can loot in the corridor (I mean, compare it to TL1 where you needed lvl 3000+ to beat the hardest challenge in the game). So... I don't really know. It sure feels bad, either way.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 12:17:05 PM by elminster1372 »