Author Topic: Literates in Japanese wanted: Deciphering the skill-shop in Unbelieved Heroes  (Read 4631 times)

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
Hello MotK!

I'm planning to release a video on an old game I've had sitting around (Unbelieved Heroes Shun-Pu edition) and it would be nice if I could get over the language barrier at least for this project. Since the game is an action-platformer, I managed to see the ending without being able to read, but it would make for better content if I could tell viewers what each of the six marked words mean:

If I remember right, the one at the very bottom increases total hitpoints. The second and third words end with the same kanji and might affect maximum and minimum strike damage. That's all I know with somewhat certainty.

Any help is appreciated!

what a coincidence I had translated Toho Madan-Zan CRONICA's  manual into Chinese 4 years before??(https://tieba.baidu.com/p/2909117589)

What do you want to know?

收集: increase the yellow butterfly's drop amount when you defeat enemies.
强击: maximum ReAct +20%/lvl
弱击: minimum ReAct +10%/lvl
斩灭: increase your??spellcardl's (?) damage
移动: increase your movement speed
体力: increase your hitpoints

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
What do you want to know?

收集: increase the yellow butterfly's drop amount when you defeat enemies.
强击: maximum ReAct +20%/lvl
弱击: minimum ReAct +10%/lvl
斩灭: increase your??spellcardl's (?) damage
移动: increase your movement speed
体力: increase your hitpoints

That's probably ideal already, as I can now give context even if the stat's name isn't self-explanatory. That would be the case for maximum and minimum ReAct. Google translate calls them "moment" and "sussex"...
I'll probably narrate the whole chain as "butterfly droprate" "maximum power" "minimum power" "spellcard power" "movement speed" "hitpoints."
Thank you very much for your quick help  :).