Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2  (Read 93525 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2017, 05:30:19 PM »
>"It is. While some are haughty and aggressive, there are also those who would wish nothing more than to avoid conflict with us, if only they saw a way to do so."

>"Fascinating. I've read about some species of demons that had that kind of internal conflict, but they are rare. At least, I assume 'demon' is an appropriate term for these Champions. Please correct me if I'm wrong."

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2017, 09:21:14 PM »
>"I'm not certain whether it is or not. At the very least, it evokes certain negative images that I'm not sure are wholly appropriate here."

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »
>"I'm not certain whether it is or not. At the very least, it evokes certain negative images that I'm not sure are wholly appropriate here."

>"Is there, then, another way to refer to them other than 'Champions'? They certainly can't be a race made up entirely of champions, can they?"

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »
>"No, they are not. And the Champions were made to be the champions and saviors of their race. They call themselves 'Children', for they were the beings created by 'Mother'. Which is... not terribly specific either, I realize, but it is the words they used. Whoever this 'Mother' is, she is their creator and the one from whom their orders originate."

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2017, 10:58:57 PM »
>"No, they are not. And the Champions were made to be the champions and saviors of their race. They call themselves 'Children', for they were the beings created by 'Mother'. Which is... not terribly specific either, I realize, but it is the words they used. Whoever this 'Mother' is, she is their creator and the one from whom their orders originate."

>"It may help more than you might think." Miyo says, leaning forward and sounding a bit excited. "The Mother-Child dynamic is not common amongst demons- Excuse me, amongst creatures of a darker nature. If these beings identify themselves as 'Children', that would be very rare. Such creatures may exist somewhere in our recorded history. In which case, I might be able to find some more information on them. I make no promises; as you say, it is a bit vague. But I can certainly try, if you think it might help."

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2017, 11:31:23 PM »
>"Any information on them has the potential to be helpful; I appreciate it."

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2017, 12:04:10 AM »
>"Any information on them has the potential to be helpful; I appreciate it."

>"Happy to help."
>"This Mother figure of theirs, have you ever heard her referred to by any other name?" she asks as Haruka comes back up to you and your group. She grins as Miyo finishes her question.
>"You must have said something to give her a new research topic." Haruka remarks lightly.

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2017, 12:13:34 AM »
>Smile a little
>"Perhaps."
>To Miyo: "And the answer to your question is no. At least, not in any context where I'd connect the two."

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2017, 12:38:45 AM »
>Smile a little
>"Perhaps."
>To Miyo: "And the answer to your question is no. At least, not in any context where I'd connect the two."

>"And the Champions never bore any title other than their elemental titles?"

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2017, 12:55:50 AM »
>"I believe they may have somehow been ordinary Children once, before they were granted the power they wield now and charged with this mission, but I'm not aware of any titles."

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2017, 03:10:52 AM »
>"I believe they may have somehow been ordinary Children once, before they were granted the power they wield now and charged with this mission, but I'm not aware of any titles."

>Miyo ponders that one. "Still, it's a start."
>"If I may, Miyo?" Haruka asks politely. At the smaller birds' nod, Haruka asks you, "Your companion, Pink Carnation. She has yet to see much, if any, real combat, has she?"

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2017, 03:13:51 AM »
>"That obvious, is it?"

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2017, 03:27:57 AM »
>"That obvious, is it?"

>"Not at first. Not when she was fighting the Protectors. But you can tell now, watching her spar with Konpaku-sama. There's something tentative in the way she handles herself. Her swings, her stance. Either she was inexperienced, or there was something about Konpaku-sama that was making her hesitant. I couldn't tell which."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:30:25 AM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2017, 03:48:52 AM »
>"I can't speak to the latter, but you are otherwise correct."

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2017, 03:53:49 AM »
>"I can't speak to the latter, but you are otherwise correct."

>Haruka nods. "In which case, during our upcoming exercise, I would like to partner with Carnation."

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2017, 04:10:56 AM »
>"So you've decided that Konpaku-san will be the one to partner with the Protectors?"

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2017, 07:32:24 PM »
>"So you've decided that Konpaku-san will be the one to partner with the Protectors?"

>Haruka nods. "We feel that the combination of Carnation and myself would be more productive than if Konpaku-sama were paired with one of your group. In my time, I have worked alongside many such as Carnation. I can adjust my powers to match hers more easily than anyone else serving at this shrine, and I can help her get used to the sort of combat she will be facing beyond these walls."
>"Having said that, this is still a joint operation, and Carnation is your ally. If you had another preference, someone else you'd rather her work with, then by all means, tell me."

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2017, 07:37:58 PM »
>"No, not at all. What you suggest is fine by me."

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2017, 08:41:22 PM »
>"No, not at all. What you suggest is fine by me."

>"Very well. As for the rest our combat assignments, I have in mind the five other Sisters that will work alongside your group, and who I believe they would work best with. But I didn't want to set my mind in stone before consulting you on a few things. Is it fair to say that I know more about your group than you know about mine? After all, I don't know how much you know about the Fire Bird Sisters trained to combat supernatural forces."

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2017, 09:43:29 PM »
>"I imagine that's correct. I know only the generalities, really."

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2017, 12:08:43 AM »
>"I imagine that's correct. I know only the generalities, really."

>Haruka nods. "In which case, I can handle the partner assignments. Or if you wish, I can tell you about the Sisters I have in mind. Even introduce them to you before we begin, if you'd like."

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2017, 04:08:49 AM »
>"Sure, let's meet them."

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2017, 07:15:01 PM »
>"Sure, let's meet them."

>Haruka nods. "Follow me, please."

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2017, 11:11:15 PM »
>Follow her!

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2017, 01:03:52 AM »
>Follow her!

>Leaving Miyo behind, you and your entourage fall into step behind Haruka. The four of you head towards the southern end of the room, your group pausing slightly as a small red-headed youkai buzzes by, missing your head by a relatively narrow margin.
>"My apologies." Haruka says with a frown. "That's Paula. And I've told her repeatedly not to do that, but she likes surprising people."
>"Pretty quiet on her wings." Rin remarks, her tails swishing a bit sharply. "I never heard her coming."
>"She's a peregrine falcon. That makes her fast and, when she wants to be, quiet."
>"Handy in a fight, at least."
>Haruka nods. "Agreed, though Paula is not trained for that sort of combat. She isn't joining our exercise, that was just her way of saying 'hello.'" The short youkai pauses in midair, turns around, gives you a jaunty wave and then flits away, seemingly oblivious to the disapproving look Haruka was giving her. Haruka shakes her head and continues on, pointing towards a group of three women standing along the spectator's seating railing. "They are the women who will be joining us. At least three of them. Where's Cinnamon?" she calls down to the three.
>The tallest one of the bunch, a surly looking woman with dark black hair, messily braided, grunts. "Stuffing her face I'd bet." She turns her glower on you. "You Lotus?"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:13:53 AM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2017, 01:17:15 AM »
>"I am."

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2017, 01:53:17 AM »
>"I am."

>"You'd have made our lives easier if you'd just killed those Blackbloods." the tall miko grumbles. "Now instead of seven dead demonbloods we six of 'em running around free with new faces and new powers. Do you even know what they can do now, what kind of powers they have now? What kind of threat they pose?"

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2017, 01:55:33 AM »
"If I believed they posed a threat, I wouldn't have just let them go."

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2017, 02:29:06 AM »
"If I believed they posed a threat, I wouldn't have just let them go."

>"Oh, that's real comforting." the miko says, not bothering to hide her sarcasm.
>"This is Sen." says Haruka, "one of our most proficient hand-to-hand fighters."
>The miko called Sen grins and flexes her bare arms. She's not as muscular as Lilian, the reptilian youkai from the Tortoise shrine, but she gives her a run for her money. Based on attitude alone, though, you'd prefer Lilian for company if given the choice.
>"Nobody in this shrine takes to combat better than Sen." Haruka goes on.
>"Damn straight."
>"It wasn't necessarily a compliment." Haruka retorts evenly. As Sen growls, the shorter white-haired miko standing next to her giggles shortly, then stifles it. "Sen is very proficient in melee and can also hold her own when at range with a foe. But as you can tell, she isn't always the easiest of individuals to work with. I was of two minds as to who she might partner best with, and wanted your opinion, Lotus."

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2017, 02:33:14 AM »
>"Go ahead."