Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2  (Read 93512 times)

Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« on: October 11, 2017, 10:30:51 AM »
>You are Byakuren Hijiri, 18 years old, resident of the city of Mayoiga, caretaker (owner) of Rin Kaenbyou, resident of the Moonside apartments, and third year student of Mayoiga High. A few days ago, you were the most popular girl in school, one of the most well-known and liked girls around town. And then you touched a strange doll, and saw a world not your own. That was the day that everything changed, and you became Magical Lotus, the Hero of the Heart.

>It's training day for you and your girls. Having recruited Minoriko Aki into your group of magical girls, the six of you have gathered today at the shrine of the Fire Bird to test your powers and practice working in a group. You expected to be working with the shrine maidens, knowing they have magical powers, but instead have found yourself working with a group of Blood. These individuals are Brightblood, however, rather than the Blackbloods you fought recently. Excatly how that works you're not certain about, but these Blood are certainly less overtly evil. A couple of them are kind of jerks, but you get those in all walks of life. The leader of the group, a local firefighter Oni, proved to be nearly as powerful as one the Champions, but you didn't have the chance to finish you duel with him before a five on five brawl erupted between most of your group and his. As he is an Oni, you're pretty sure you won't be leaving before finishing that duel.
>For now, though, you have a bit of downtime, talking with one of the shrine maidens and watching Reisen and Kiku spar with two of the Blood.

>Nod
>"It's rarely the rank-and-file of any war who bare the blame for it occurring."

>White Rose asks for clarification, "Rank and file?"

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:32:21 PM »
>"The soldiers on the ground, not the ones giving the orders for them to be there."

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:21:03 PM »
>"The soldiers on the ground, not the ones giving the orders for them to be there."

>"Is 'cannon fodder' another word for that?" she asks curiously.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:27:17 PM »
>"That's... that implies a much greater disregard for whether they live or die than I should hope most generals would have. Rank-and-file just means the lower-ranking personnel who comprise the bulk of the manpower but have little authority of their own."

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 10:45:02 PM »
>"That's... that implies a much greater disregard for whether they live or die than I should hope most generals would have. Rank-and-file just means the lower-ranking personnel who comprise the bulk of the manpower but have little authority of their own."

>"Ah, now I understand."
>"Not that the Lunarian generals possessed a great deal of care for their rabbit troops." Miyo adds. "In this context, 'cannon fodder' may not be entirely inaccurate."

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 11:14:58 PM »
>"You're probably right, sadly."

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 04:49:54 PM »
>"You're probably right, sadly."

>White Rose nods. "That's how it seems to go. Abuse breeds abuse."
>Lily puts her arm around the kasha's shoulders. "Not all the time, girl." she says with a smile. "Look at Poppy. She didn't turn out too bad, did she?"
>Rin considers that, then smiles slowly. "No she didn't."

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 07:25:31 PM »
>"I hope there are others who made it out from under that same yoke."

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 10:28:26 PM »
>"I hope there are others who made it out from under that same yoke."

>"Would it be improper of me to ask how Poppy came to work with you?" Miyo asks.

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 11:35:39 PM »
>"She has a good heart, and she refused to stand idle while people were endangered by these Champions and their creations. It's much the same story for all of us, I think."

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 03:48:29 PM »
>"She has a good heart, and she refused to stand idle while people were endangered by these Champions and their creations. It's much the same story for all of us, I think."

>After a moment's silence, Miyo nods. "I understand. Forgive me, I didn't mean to pry."

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 07:43:30 PM »
>"It's alright."

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 10:43:49 PM »
>"It's alright."

>"But while we're on the subject of the Champions, some of my sisters and I were wondering. About what you and your comrades were going to do once the Champions are gone. If you don't mind me asking." she adds.

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 11:43:28 PM »
>"If I'm fully honest, I haven't planned that far ahead. There's still too many dangerous unknowns at play."

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 11:45:27 PM »
>"If I'm fully honest, I haven't planned that far ahead. There's still too many dangerous unknowns at play."

>"I can imagine. Then, you're not sure you'll be leaving town once this threat is dealt with?"

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 11:48:38 PM »
>"Not immediately, at any rate - baring unforeseen circumstances."

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 12:02:19 AM »
>"Not immediately, at any rate - baring unforeseen circumstances."

>Miyo smiles. "Glad to hear it. You probably know this by now, but the Champions aren't the only threat to have hit this city in the past few decades. I for one would feel better knowing you and your group were around to help combat them."

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 12:04:33 AM »
>"Well, I certainly have no plan to stand idle while people are in danger."
>Smile
>"Although I would appreciate if the universe was kind enough to allow us all a vacation after this is said and done."

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 11:49:11 PM »
>"Well, I certainly have no plan to stand idle while people are in danger."
>Smile
>"Although I would appreciate if the universe was kind enough to allow us all a vacation after this is said and done."

>"I'll second that!" Lily adds with a big smile.
>Miyo starts to say something else, but is interrupted by the sound of a woman nearby clearing her throat. It is Haruka. "Pardon the interruption. May I have a word, Lotus?"

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 11:52:49 PM »
>Nod
>"Of course."

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 10:24:46 PM »
>Nod
>"Of course."

>"You are rested from your previous bouts?"

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 03:38:27 AM »
>Do we feel rested enough?
>If so: "Fairly well, yes."

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 09:48:29 PM »
>Do we feel rested enough?
>If so: "Fairly well, yes."

>You do.
>"I have had an idea for an exercise, in order to foster cooperation and coordination between our two groups, should we ever find ourselves fighting alongside each other in the field."

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 10:06:42 PM »
>"And what is it?"

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 01:01:51 AM »
>"And what is it?"

>"Among the functions of this arena is the ability to generate a simulated environment. In limited form, at least. What I propose is that, in one of these environments, each of your group pairs with one of my shrine maidens, and works together to overcome opposition."
>"What sort of opposition?" White Rose asks her.
>"The Protectors would provide the opposition in this exercise. That's the name Kenyu and his Blood have given their Coven."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:04:32 PM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:27 AM »
>"Interesting. Did you have a particular environment in mind?"
>Also: weren't they called the Protectors?

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 04:09:19 PM »
>"Interesting. Did you have a particular environment in mind?"
>Also: weren't they called the Protectors?

>"Kenyu and I both have, actually. I suggested that we simulate the environment where we know the Fire Champion to be, to familiarize ourselves with a location one of both of our groups will be fighting at at some point. Kenyu, however, suggested the terminal of the airport. It isn't common knowledge, but Blood conflicts are not uncommon there. As the Protectors are more familiar with that location, they would be provide more of a challenge for us, and thus prepare us better for enemies like the Champions."
>"We also wanted your opinion before we decided on anything." she adds with a polite inclination of the head.
>Shh.

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 08:35:41 PM »
>"It's true that familiarity with the Fire Champion's domain could prove useful, but in this case I think I lean towards Kenyu's suggestion. We have to assume that when we engage a Champion, it may be on terrain they are more familiar with than we are; and that they may be even stronger than we expect."

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »
>"It's true that familiarity with the Fire Champion's domain could prove useful, but in this case I think I lean towards Kenyu's suggestion. We have to assume that when we engage a Champion, it may be on terrain they are more familiar with than we are; and that they may be even stronger than we expect."

>Haruka nods. "Very well. And there is no alternative terrain you would prefer yourself?"

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »
>"I don't believe so."