Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou visual effects  (Read 1691 times)

Labyrinth of Touhou visual effects
« on: October 07, 2017, 01:59:22 PM »
It's been a few years but I picked up LOT2 the other day.  Playing for a while and am almost on F2. (I'm slow).

Anyway, if I remember, there was a 'button' for disabling visual effects entirely from spellcards from LOT1.  I think it was someone on this forum who mentioned it but I can't find it in search

I've turned the effects off for LOT2 but the spellcards still play.  While they're not generally a problem, it would be nice to not have to deal with said shiny things.  Is there a way to remove the spell effects entirely from LOT2?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou visual effects
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »
Oh yes, I believe that effects switch just removes the backround effects on the walking map for the different strata. For example, I have a friend who gets insane lag on the second stratum if he doesn't turn it off.

There is no config.exe for LoT2 or anything, so I don't think there's really a way.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou visual effects
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 06:54:07 AM »
Aw, damnit.  I wonder why they removed it.  I mean it's not bad enough to cause seizures but I can't play for very long.

Looks like I'll need to go back and finish the first one, too, which I did not do. 

Who knows, maybe someone will see this and find a way to fix it.

Thank you!