Author Topic: helppp  (Read 4730 times)

helppp
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:56:05 AM »
hey so i was playing touhou 4 as remiu and i was fighting the stage 2 boss and some werid thing showed up it was in red and i couldent understand it i was using wide shot pls help

Drake

Re: helppp
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 04:58:42 AM »
This is an incredibly bad way to ask for help because you've barely described anything. Lucky for you I still know exactly what you're talking about. Next time you need technical help please be as specific as possible and provide screenshots so people can actually understand the problem.

This is the message:

むやみにSTOPキー押したりしない方がいいと思うの。(ゲーム中はね)(STOPキーで戻れるよ、ねっ)

It reads "You probably shouldn't recklessly press the STOP key. (At least during the game) (You can return with the STOP key btw)"
STOP is a virtual key (but an actual key on the PC-98). By default it doesn't look like you can even trigger it, you have to enable the "BREAK/COPY support" option. I've heard several anecdotes at this point that nothing on the keyboard actually maps to the STOP key and it just activates spontaneously during regular gameplay, which suggests it could be an emulation bug, or just a game bug.

To fix this when it occurs (if using Anex) you should open the config, and under Keyboard, enable BREAK/COPY support. Then click the STOP virtual key in the top-left and press a key to map it to. Pressing the key will now activate/deactivate the STOP function.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:02:09 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -