Author Topic: RaNGE Contest #18: Extra Love  (Read 29421 times)

Bro

Re: RaNGE Contest #18: Extra Love
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2017, 03:04:36 AM »
I'm so close to finishing but I'm so tense!  :ohdear:
Yeah, it's the same for me. I don't think that I'll be able to finish within the time limit but I am so close that it's possible for it to happen.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2017, 03:39:31 AM »
i can already taste last place

tastes like sadness

:(
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2017, 04:37:10 AM »
I got my Entry Done! It's my first serious script and it's horribly rushed, but I hope you'll enjoy it! :] I put the focused more on Patterns than on Visuals so it'll look subpar.
Koishi is acting up again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d428fiwuqng5j44/KoishiKomeji.zip?dl=0
Featuring Satori! Custom made by me. (It is recommended to play with the Satori player bundled in the script).

Can't wait for results! Best of luck to everyone participating!
Let's start again

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2017, 04:47:57 AM »
Alright, the time for submissions has expired!!

All entries posted after this post will not be judged!

Congratulations to everyone who managed to get an entry in on time. I look forward to judging!

Have a Happy Halloween!! :)

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2017, 05:03:31 AM »
Holy S***. Just in the nick of time!  :o
Let's start again

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2017, 04:17:40 PM »
Happy Halloween everyone!  It was fun to play all the new scripts as they released.  Looking forward to the results!
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2017, 05:46:20 PM »
Happy Halloween everyone!  It was fun to play all the new scripts as they released.  Looking forward to the results!
I wan't to play the scripts right now but I only have my IPad. I'm downloading them one I get my computer.
Happy Halloween!
Let's start again

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2017, 09:24:51 PM »
Gotta say there were some really neat ideas in the entries here.
Awaiting the results is certainly going to be interesting.

Also, Happy belated Halloween from Central Europe.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

ExPorygon

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2017, 12:20:09 AM »
I'm about to start a livestream for my first impressions of the contest entries.

Join in here!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:54:02 AM by ExPorygon »

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2017, 02:32:10 AM »
Dropped in pretty much just in time to see my entry being played, through sheer luck:

Thoughts/Responses:

-The "Fluffytail" applies to Chen, although I guess her tails are kind of sad next to Ran's.
-Noted about the backgrounds. They were conceived after the rest of the script was and I didn't notice how hard to see it made Chen's primarily red bullets.
-I'm using the ZUN Extended Shotsheet, which I thought was the most common one. I guess there's a more recent one that I just didn't turn up in my Bulletforge trawling?
-The second non-spell reminded me a lot more of Royal Flare and the tight dodges there are the big reason why Reimu was the recommended player.
-The green spell's pattern is indeed random x-slash->random x-slash->x-slash the player's location.
-Yeah, the purple spell probably transitions into the "circle around the boss" stage a bit too quickly. It should probably start at the 12:00 position, both for thematic reasons and to give the player more time to figure out what's going on.
-As for the health, I designed it with regard to the time it'd take if you stayed under the boss for the whole time. With several of the spells, its possible for them to take a fair bit longer if you get penned in a corner. The purple spell in particular could probably use less health though.
-Personally, I found the stages of the survival spell to be in ascending order of difficulty. I dodged the first stage by staying near the bottom and dodging the doll crosses horizontally while working through the rest of the bullets. I was very surprised to see you dodging along with the crosses and going to the top of the screen. Whereas with the third stage, I kept running into the bullet bombs the stalker dolls leave while running away from the lasers.
-I don't THINK that the final spell ever gives you a TRULY undodgeable barrage, if you're being proactive about misdirecting the lasers and make full use of the periodic widening of the bullet walls. As is, I could probably stand to mess with how it fires the big light bullets and make the bullet wall oscillate more slowly.
-Yeah, the last spell was more or less inspired by CTC-Reimu's. Except with dolls instead of dream-ghosts and Extra bosses instead of Final bosses.

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2017, 03:40:51 AM »
I have the whole stream recorded with Chat to whoever needs it! But it's 21.6 GB, So beware!
It's also a torrent file so you'll need a Torrent Client. There is also a lot of unnecessary parts in the beginning so you can trim those down. The Torrent file is just 50 MB though.
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u85k6uiu9bqbe5i/ExPorygonRaNGE18Stream.flv.torrent?dl=0

Have Fun!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:46:32 AM by IIRawsomeII »
Let's start again

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2017, 06:02:09 AM »
I have the whole stream recorded with Chat to whoever needs it! But it's 21.6 GB, So beware!
Have Fun!

or you can just watch the video on twitch :v

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186686120
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2017, 01:18:00 PM »
or you can just watch the video on twitch :v

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186686120
For some reason, there is one person who really wants the stream with chat. Oh well, I guess that's fine.
Let's start again

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2017, 02:46:15 PM »
Thanks for joining Porygon and I on the stream yesterday!

Contest entries should be judged within two weeks or less. I've got midterms today and tomorrow but should be relatively free after that.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:51:07 PM by Trickysticks »
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

CreepyNinja_

• Just Another Luna Dodger :v
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »
Gonna stream it as well!
Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6GpElovcd4

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2017, 09:00:31 PM »
Best camera shot ever from my entry, I think
[attach=1]
From CreepyNinja's stream

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2017, 10:27:36 PM »
Gonna stream it as well!
It was quite embarrassing when your player blasted through all the attacks. X|
Let's start again

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2017, 10:50:38 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiJ7Uc0jQcO-72X6ReisZfTpiNivGMRvf - This is the playthrough of the RaNGE #18 scripts so far. Tis has been a fun time.

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2017, 11:37:27 PM »
I honestly can't wait for the #19'th RaNGE Contest. It was so much fun!
Let's start again

ExPorygon

« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2017, 12:55:49 AM »
-I'm using the ZUN Extended Shotsheet, which I thought was the most common one. I guess there's a more recent one that I just didn't turn up in my Bulletforge trawling?
Oh crap, that wouldn't happen to be this one that I made ages ago, would it? Haha, if so then those WERE my fireballs that I commented on in the stream. I swear I remember them looking a bit different but maybe it's just been that long.

Also my stream will be on my youtube channel in a few days, so don't worry if you missed it.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2017, 02:53:05 AM »
I am tentatively setting my stream to be tomorrow Nov 2nd at 5PM EST. This time slot may change due to real life scheduling conflicts or if I need to change location.

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2017, 04:33:36 AM »
I am tentatively setting my stream to be tomorrow Nov 2nd at 5PM EST. This time slot may change due to real life scheduling conflicts or if I need to change location.
Cool. What platform do you stream on? Twitch? YouTube?
Let's start again

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2017, 05:20:40 AM »
Gonna stream it as well!

Oh wow, this was a quality stream. 10.12/10, would watch again.

Thoughts/Responses:

-Geez, that Chen background was really a mistake. I'll have to see if I can tone it down, for the post-contest update.
-Chen dive-bombing you apparently makes Fall of Icarus really hard to capture blind, especially with how distracting the background is. Could use some warning lasers or something.
-My reasoning for Chen being the midboss was more or less that she's been corralled into the role of the Cheshire Cat through shenanigans[chenanigans?]
-The general red theme stems mostly from Alice in Wonderland's Red Queen and her court, although I would say that Remilia is the most like the Red Queen of the Touhou cast. hMMM, there's an idea...
-To whichever commenter wanted to know how I did the Royal Flareesque non-spell:
    Step 1: Create four dolls
    Step 2: Have the dolls rotate in the opposite direction of the doll that spawns next to them
    Step 3: Spawn bullets every so often at the doll's position[I THINK the final version was every 5 frames?]
    Step 4: Tie the radius of the doll circle to an oscillating function so the dolls go out and then back in again
Its one of those things that came from me fiddling with really basic things that ended up looking really neat.
-If Marisa can do a Master Spark, so can Alice, clearly. Its not that hard, just make a really big laser.
-The knives just spawn without the need for a familiar. Judging by how people have been reacting, I should probably at least put a little familiar circle around them so you don't get blindsided the first time through.
-The clock is made of lasers. In the part where you go around the boss, its supposed to be like the clock ticking.
-While the survival spell is kinda inspired by Len'en, you named the wrong bosses. I was drawing more on Sese for the first phase and Tenkai for the second.
-Jeez, apparently there are more Devil's Recitation's out there then I thought there were.
-Its pretty nice that you took the time to beat the Last Spell individually, after you died to mokoudollsploding the first time.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2017, 10:28:54 AM »
Gonna stream it as well!
The most notable issue I've seen so far of my script is the lacking balance of the boss' HP, among some others, in multiple patterns:

-> 2nd Otherworld spell: with Python's Okina player in mind, I think I've set the DPS a tad too low, and even though Hecatia does follow the player, it would take players with lower damage output way too long to clear this spell.
-> 2nd Moon spell: same issue as above, since circling around Hecatia rips players without aimed shots the chance to damage her properly.
-> 2nd Earth spell: missing spell name .__.
-> Final spell: too high DPS, each phase could barely fully unfold itself and the next one is already about to start.

Granted, that's my second completed script ever, but still. Though it's really nice that I could examine the balance and execution of my script more precisely when watching someone else, especially somebody very skilled like Creepy, play it.

With that said, I'm also eagerly looking forward to what the next RaNGE or LoCAA contest will offer. Scripting for this contest has been really fun.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
Gonna stream it as well!
From what I've seen, I guess the biggest issue in my script was lack of warning for unconventional stuff... I guess I should take that in consideration for my next script more :V At least I can see I've improved from my last script from RaNGE 17.
This was really fun, I'm absolutely looking forward to the results!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2017, 08:44:08 PM »
Stream is going live at http://twitch.tv/sparenofiria now. Contest entries will begin at 5PM EST (15 minutes from posting).

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2017, 10:24:30 PM »
You know what, I think I'll also start streaming the contest entries soon at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcrAwPRGYHZsSJNeDDy53g/live.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »
Stream concluded. Will do the last three entries (Awalys, GenoCraft, Rawsome) on Saturday probably.

Don't think I can continue - I'm thoroughly exhausted after 3 hours of streaming.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:50:33 PM by Sparen »

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2017, 11:40:29 PM »
Stream concluded. Will do the last three entries (Awalys, GenoCraft, Rawsom) on Saturday probably.

Don't think I can continue - I'm thoroughly exhausted after 3 hours of streaming.
Such A Shame. Oh well.
EDIT: Also its Rawsome lel.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:48:03 PM by IIRawsomeII »
Let's start again

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2017, 01:42:33 AM »
Looking over some more streams:

-One thing everyone is unanimous about is that my backgrounds are terrible, especially the bright red Chen background. I was kind of expecting that, because I suck at graphics, but I didn't expect them to be as distracting as they were.
-Apparently I really needed to include my recommended player in the stage description[Or just make my own player and hardcode it in] because only two people have actually used the one I asked for. Ultima's Reimu and even the default Rumia actually seemed to do just as well, but the Artifact Marisa one somehow glitched out my score tracking mechanism.
-No one really likes the pseudo-Devil's Recitation and almost everyone misses out on most of the Last Spell. I probably should have just removed Demon Lord's Heir and made the Last Spell a proper spellcard.