Author Topic: "If You Could Steal in a Dream" Theories  (Read 3116 times)

"If You Could Steal in a Dream" Theories
« on: September 30, 2017, 12:19:56 PM »
So, I saw a Touhou MMD called "If You Could Steal in a Dream", telling the story of Marisa who discovered that she can steal items in her dream and bring them to reality. If you haven't watched this MMD - please, go and watch it now because I am about to spoil the plot. You can find the English subs to it on the YouTube.

First of all - I really wonder what happened to Marisa in the end, when Sakuya got her. Did she get killed or was she forced to stay there until she returns everything (like Remilia and Flandre told her to do). Well, Marisa couldn't return to real world since SDM literally locked her in her own dream, so she probably was locked up in her dream for eternity. Second question - why did Aya tell her about that? Did she know about consequences of this? If she actually did - it gets pretty creepy. And when Marisa saw BunBunMaru newspaper in her dream knowing that no one in SDM reads it, then why was it in SDM? That means, Patches and Sakuya who disappeared somehow interacted with Aya. But how? Obviously, Aya offered them a source of items located in dream. And then there is this question - why did Aya tell that to Marisa, Patche and Sakuya? Did she want to get rid of them? This is pretty frightening.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 12:22:42 PM by hellish_moon »
"Oh dear me, I've accidentally won."
(C) Aya

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
Re: "If You Could Steal in a Dream" Theories
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 04:45:06 AM »
First of all - I really wonder what happened to Marisa in the end, when Sakuya got her. Did she get killed or was she forced to stay there until she returns everything (like Remilia and Flandre told her to do). Well, Marisa couldn't return to real world since SDM literally locked her in her own dream, so she probably was locked up in her dream for eternity. Second question - why did Aya tell her about that? Did she know about consequences of this? If she actually did - it gets pretty creepy. And when Marisa saw BunBunMaru newspaper in her dream knowing that no one in SDM reads it, then why was it in SDM? That means, Patches and Sakuya who disappeared somehow interacted with Aya. But how? Obviously, Aya offered them a source of items located in dream. And then there is this question - why did Aya tell that to Marisa, Patche and Sakuya? Did she want to get rid of them? This is pretty frightening.

I assume that you're correct about her being locked in her dream. Aya probably told her that because she's the most likely to use it. Tell the thief about a new way to steal and they're probably going to try it. She mentioned that she was doing this for the story. It'd be a good read and sell well if this kind of thing were true - therefor she got several people to test it. Marisa was an obvious choice and she probably went to get Patchy and Sakuya into it so she could also get a photo of the library - can't exactly walk into the library for no reason. I don't think Aya did this maliciously - I think this was an experiment. She seemed quite concerned when she got to Marisa's house. While she didn't have enough proof to link it up directly with what she'd done - giving Marisa the warning was probably in her mind the right thing to do. I think she realised her mistake and left the article on the table of the SDM knowing that Marisa may not read the article - and she was correct.

Thanks for the recommendation though. That was good.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!