Author Topic: The Tatsuki Situation & The Kadokawa Sh*tstorm  (Read 4269 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
The Tatsuki Situation & The Kadokawa Sh*tstorm
« on: September 28, 2017, 02:45:20 AM »
So I heard that the director of Kemono Friends got booted off the project and then Kadokawa's stocks instantly took a swan dive...and then it's looking like things are becoming even more of a shitstorm by the second. Since I rarely follow anime news until now, any trustworthy news sources I can follow on this topic? Honestly, I'm kinda interested because it looks like Kadokawa is becoming the Konami of anime.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:53:38 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: The Tatsuki Situation & The Kadokawa Sh*tstorm
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:04:33 AM »
I heard it from RomantiqueTP who had posted the original tweet of Tatsuki https://twitter.com/irodori7/status/912270635610472448

The Japanese fans were enraged quite fast. Currently that tweet currently has 312.000 RT, 194.000 likes and 5900 replies. Took 24-48h for other International media to pick the news up. But yea, simply said Kadokawa has angered the Internet.

I don't have trustworthy news sources. I know that it was mentioned somewhere Kadokawa was going to make an official announcement regarding Kemono Friends and Tatsuki but not sure where that was posted.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:49:47 AM »
I know that it was mentioned somewhere Kadokawa was going to make an official announcement regarding Kemono Friends and Tatsuki but not sure where that was posted.

I don't know if this was supposed to be the statement in question, but there is a video circulating of the VAs of KF being made to go apologize for Kadokawa. If you think this sounds sleazy, apparently one of the VAs was nearly on the verge of tears just being up there, but they still had to go through with it.

Fuck people sometimes, man.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »
From what I've heard so far all Kadokawa's been doing is shifting blame around and other shady things, basically going "nope, it's not our fault what are you talking about SOMEONE SHUT THAT ASSHOLE UP"...yeah, it's pretty obvious there's something fishy with them.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 01:25:53 PM »
basically the summary of the situation is that kemono friends was expected to fail and fail hard, so kadokawa gave the director and his team full creative rights over the show. but since it ended up being super popular, kadokawa wants them back and the director told them to go fuck themselves because they gave absolutely no support in making it a success. so they fired him.

the official line is that Tatsuki's been fired because the director's team made a short little bonus episode (12.1) just for fun and gave it out for free, which pissed kadokawa off because they could've sold it as a bd bonus.

so, just usual evil corporate bullshit.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 04:58:33 PM »
basically the summary of the situation is that kemono friends was expected to fail and fail hard, so kadokawa gave the director and his team full creative rights over the show. but since it ended up being super popular, kadokawa wants them back and the director told them to go fuck themselves because they gave absolutely no support in making it a success. so they fired him.

the official line is that Tatsuki's been fired because the director's team made a short little bonus episode (12.1) just for fun and gave it out for free, which pissed kadokawa off because they could've sold it as a bd bonus.

so, just usual evil corporate bullshit.
While this sounds feasible, it is unfortunately unconfirmed. Many speculations are going around what might have caused this incident. Specifically on Reddit. Though we will never know the truth.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
The "misuse of IP" was cited as a official reason for terminating the relationship.  Fans are assuming they mean 12.1 just because there's no other IP use that falls under that.

I'm gonna say no matter where the truth lies the company is a bunch of evil shitheaded assholes though for forcing their VAs to serve as a PR shield.  That's fucking bullshit no matter how you slice it.