Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220672 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2017, 01:32:29 AM »
>"They apparently are doing random police checks here and there. Some of them aren't too invasive, but you never know - and you are kind of conspicuous-looking. Really, the only thing I'd be worried about them seeing is that cylinder - that's waaaaay out of my price range and that ought to be obvious the moment anyone takes a look at it."
>Is there anywhere vaguely nearby to inconspicuously pull off and get enough privacy for Archer to disappear?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2017, 01:51:51 AM »
>"They apparently are doing random police checks here and there. Some of them aren't too invasive, but you never know - and you are kind of conspicuous-looking. Really, the only thing I'd be worried about them seeing is that cylinder - that's waaaaay out of my price range and that ought to be obvious the moment anyone takes a look at it."
>Is there anywhere vaguely nearby to inconspicuously pull off and get enough privacy for Archer to disappear?

>There's an offramp about half a mile ahead. But it will take an act of kindness from someone in the opposing lane to let you over.
>"Maybe we should focus on smaller roads?" says Archer.

>_

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2017, 02:18:30 AM »
>"Maybe. Until we're further away from here, anyway."
>Let's keep going and watch out for an opportunity to pull off somewhat semi-private or take a less crowded road, even if it's less direct.
>And keep an eye out for police.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2017, 02:27:29 AM »
>"Maybe. Until we're further away from here, anyway."
>Let's keep going and watch out for an opportunity to pull off somewhat semi-private or take a less crowded road, even if it's less direct.
>And keep an eye out for police.

>You decide to pull off. Fifteen minutes later, you actually get to achieve this lofty goal, after having to wait for the guy beside you to move, then aggressively cutting in before the person following them. You're not the only one pulling these kind of tactics and it's only making the traffic jam worse. But eventually, you get off at an off ramp and into barely known territory. Still, you ought to be able to at least get to Gary, Indiana without using major roads.

>_

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2017, 03:05:57 AM »
>We pulled off in the sense of leaving the highway and not 'getting to an isolated spot', right?
>Archer could conceal the cylinder on her person using her noble phantasm, correct?
>But anything not her own possession would simply fall away if she returned to spirit form, right?
>It's not possible for her to materialize from spirit form immediately using No Face May King such that she never appears visible at all, right?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2017, 03:17:28 AM »
>We pulled off in the sense of leaving the highway and not 'getting to an isolated spot', right?
>Archer could conceal the cylinder on her person using her noble phantasm, correct?
>But anything not her own possession would simply fall away if she returned to spirit form, right?
>It's not possible for her to materialize from spirit form immediately using No Face May King such that she never appears visible at all, right?

>It'll take a bit to get somewhere isolated, but you're free to move again and can probably find a reasonably empty parking lot or the like.
>You think so.
>Yes.
>It is not possible, she needs to materialize before she can use it.

>_

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2017, 03:27:35 AM »
>How much of a mana drain is it to sustain that noble phantasm? For, say, 30 minutes to an hour - long enough to feel confident we're clear of the possibility of random police checks?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2017, 03:36:06 AM »
>How much of a mana drain is it to sustain that noble phantasm? For, say, 30 minutes to an hour - long enough to feel confident we're clear of the possibility of random police checks?

>It would be noteworthy. You wouldn't be able to throw around spells with impunity as you tend to unless she did little else.

>_

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2017, 03:43:50 AM »
>Perhaps more pertinently, how long would it take for us to recover after that, assuming we get past this area without any actual combat?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2017, 04:09:31 AM »
>Perhaps more pertinently, how long would it take for us to recover after that, assuming we get past this area without any actual combat?

>Probably most of the day. Getting some sleep would help.

>_

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2017, 04:52:21 AM »
>Well, we know there's other masters afoot, so probably that's a lot of mana to use up on the faint chance of police ransacking our backpacks
>"I think we'll probably be less likely to be selected for a police check if you were in spirit form. Stand out as little as possible, you know? At least until we're further way from the Calumet. I'm gonna try to find someplace isolated where you to disappear without risking anyone noticing the difference."
>Let's go find some isolated spot somewhere and do this

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2017, 05:02:19 AM »
>Well, we know there's other masters afoot, so probably that's a lot of mana to use up on the faint chance of police ransacking our backpacks
>"I think we'll probably be less likely to be selected for a police check if you were in spirit form. Stand out as little as possible, you know? At least until we're further way from the Calumet. I'm gonna try to find someplace isolated where you to disappear without risking anyone noticing the difference."
>Let's go find some isolated spot somewhere and do this

>"Maybe I should just steal some of your clothes, then?" says Archer.
>You make your way in the general direction that you need to be going. It doesn't take too long to find a half empty shopping center you can pull into without look too suspicious.

>_

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2017, 05:11:52 AM »
>"Well, you're also really tall and striking and maybe I'm just being paranoid about this, but at least a few people were saying they'd gotten hauled away by the police for questioning and I'd really, really like to avoid that. We can work on the 'casually inconspicuous' once we're further away, I think."
>Let's make sure no one's conceivably watching, have her duck down out of sight of the windows for good measure, then decorporeate.
>Is the backpack we've stashed the cylinder in the back seat?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2017, 05:22:44 AM »
>"Well, you're also really tall and striking and maybe I'm just being paranoid about this, but at least a few people were saying they'd gotten hauled away by the police for questioning and I'd really, really like to avoid that. We can work on the 'casually inconspicuous' once we're further away, I think."
>Let's make sure no one's conceivably watching, have her duck down out of sight of the windows for good measure, then decorporeate.
>Is the backpack we've stashed the cylinder in the back seat?

>"Okay," says Archer, as she ducks down. Her mental voice slides into your thoughts as she dissipates. "It's just I don't want to spend the whole trip like this, you know?"
>It is.

>_

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2017, 05:27:26 AM »
>"No, I agree. As soon as we've put some distance between us and home, I think it should be fine."
>Let's get going again. And still keep an eye out for police for a while

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2017, 06:28:17 AM »
>"No, I agree. As soon as we've put some distance between us and home, I think it should be fine."
>Let's get going again. And still keep an eye out for police for a while

>You set out again. There are definitely some cops out today; typically you can go a week without seeing on, but today you quickly pass three different patrol cars. They must have the whole force out today! Still, you don't think you attract any particular attention, none of them start to follow or pull you over, at least. Soon you find yourself approaching the Indiana Border, and a brief interlude in not-quite farm country before coming up on your old stomping grounds in Gary. After that, it will be time to make the final choice about your route.

>_

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2017, 06:30:27 AM »
>What are our options?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2017, 07:10:48 AM »
>What are our options?

>You could follow I-90, which will lead through Cleveland and Pittsburgh, and be the fastest way by at least an hour. It also has god knows how many toll roads.
>You could follow state route 30, which leads toward Fort Wayne and Youngstown, before getting on I-80.
>The last major route involves cutting down through Indianapolis  and going through middle Ohio before linking up with the first route in Pennsylvania. It is about as long as the second route, all told, but less scenic.
>You could to to hell with it and try to backroad the whole way if you want to have to teach Archer how to use a directions program on the fly. This will probably take ages, but is guaranteed to be safe and very scenic.

>_

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2017, 07:26:41 AM »
>Is option #2 reasonably scenic? Archer did sort of ask about greenery, after all
>Also, can we check our phone and get a sense of unusual police/national guard activity on the larger routes? How close do we think we are to getting past that?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2017, 07:32:41 AM »
>Is option #2 reasonably scenic? Archer did sort of ask about greenery, after all
>Also, can we check our phone and get a sense of unusual police/national guard activity on the larger routes? How close do we think we are to getting past that?

>You assume so. That's what State Highways are supposed to be for.
>You can try, but it's not guaranteed to work as you are essentially looking at the things people are saying rather than any official reports. You want to hope Indiana isn't involved in this like Illinois is, though.

>_

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2017, 07:41:38 AM »
>Well, let's give it a try at the next reasonable spot to pull over and check. Don't need to delve TOO deep, but see what a brief investigation turns up.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2017, 08:04:17 AM »
>Well, let's give it a try at the next reasonable spot to pull over and check. Don't need to delve TOO deep, but see what a brief investigation turns up.

>You find a spot to pull over and look around some comment sections on news articles about the checkpoints. You turn up a couple locations, but none seem to be near you.

>_

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2017, 08:05:44 AM »
>Is this place isolated enough for Archer to come out again and play dress-up? If not, let's find such a place.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2017, 08:37:17 AM »
>Is this place isolated enough for Archer to come out again and play dress-up? If not, let's find such a place.

>You'll want head into the countryside a bit more, you think. Or find someplace with a mostly empty public restroom.

>_

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2017, 08:47:21 AM »
>Then let's head a little more countrysideward and look for such a place

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2017, 09:37:52 AM »
>Then let's head a little more countrysideward and look for such a place

>You do so, passing officially into Indiana, and into a small not-quite-rural area before entering the City of Gary. There aren't exactly farms here, just large country lots with some small woods and fields and such, idling grounds for retirees and the like, Still, the roads go from being fully paved to chipsealed. which have suffered a fair deal of weathering and give you some potholes to dodge. Traffic lights become a thing of the past, just the odd stop sign. Rather annoyingly, all the speed limits here are 45 miles per hour rather than a proper 55 for places like this, but retirees you imagine.
>Eventually you find an acre-sized woods to pull over by. The road you're on hasn't seen any other cars since you came onto it. "What're we stopping here for?" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2017, 09:40:42 AM »
>"Time to get you incognito."
>Unpack some clothes and try to find something that'll fit Archer.

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »
>(Fake edit) Before that:
>"Well, we've officially crossed the state border and there's no word of checkpoints in the area, so I think now's as good a time as any for you to come back out again, if you'd like. And we can see if any of the stuff I have packed fits you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2017, 09:49:04 AM »
>"Well, we've officially crossed the state border and there's no word of checkpoints in the area, so I think now's as good a time as any for you to come back out again, if you'd like. And we can see if any of the stuff I have packed fits you."

>"Time to get you incognito."
>Unpack some clothes and try to find something that'll fit Archer.

>"Huh, got it," says Archer.
>You dig through your stuff. Fit is going to be a relative thing, your clothes are going to be short and baggy on her. But it shouldn't be too bad. Now it is simply a question of what horrible meme shirt you'll stick her with...

Make me proud

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
I feel like I am not qualified to answer this request. Anyone else? ^^;