Author Topic: About Marisa and Okina's Servant test  (Read 4693 times)

About Marisa and Okina's Servant test
« on: August 14, 2017, 05:54:18 PM »
I just comparing the extra's story of each character and I notice something: It's look like Marisa "passed" the test (no matter how much she didn't wanted it) is because, of all the playable characters, she's the one closest to being an "ordinary human", with flaw and vice, and cowardice in her heart. Yet despise all that, she kept on to challenge against Okina with her bravery and stubborness, and won. (In Spell Card, but apparently it's the heart that count, literally)

That got me thinking : Is the two sisters servant's also similarly challenged like that? Does the requirement then is being a human with a strong and tenacious souls then, even though eventually they're going to be puppets? Just how bad of a taste does she have anyway.

Re: About Marisa and Okina's Servant test
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 06:47:37 PM »
Cirno also passed the test. I don't think it has anything to do with being ordinary, you just have to impress Okina. Whether that be through strength or wisdom or courage or whatever. Mai and Satono are clearly implied to have passed the test in the past. Okina simply wants highly capable servants: that's the whole point of boosting everyone to their maximum potential first.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 09:04:59 PM »
Cirno also passed the test. I don't think it has anything to do with being ordinary, you just have to impress Okina. Whether that be through strength or wisdom or courage or whatever. Mai and Satono are clearly implied to have passed the test in the past. Okina simply wants highly capable servants: that's the whole point of boosting everyone to their maximum potential first.
I think he meant how it couldn't be Reimu because she's the Hakurei shrine maiden.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 09:27:04 PM »
What ever happened to miscellaneous questions/miscellaneous thoughts and commentary anyway?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 11:13:52 PM »
What ever happened to miscellaneous questions/miscellaneous thoughts and commentary anyway?

Misc Questions is still stickied. Misc Thoughts/Commentary died though it seems, but anyone is welcome to start a new one up.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 01:31:23 AM »
I think it's pretty straightforward to read that there's no way Okina could use the Hakurei shrine maiden as her servant because she already serves a role that is more important. It doesn't have anything to do with Reimu not otherwise being qualified.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 02:02:47 AM »
That's definitely how I read it too.