Author Topic: New Guild Wars 2 Expansion Beta, Path of Fire  (Read 1863 times)

New Guild Wars 2 Expansion Beta, Path of Fire
« on: August 12, 2017, 01:27:59 AM »
The beta for Guild War 2's new expansion, Path of Fire, is now live. The main new feature is mounts.

What do people think of it so far? 

Re: New Guild Wars 2 Expansion Beta, Path of Fire
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:02:40 PM »
Waiting for proper release myself. But a guildmate called the new map hands down the most beautiful yet. I was not initially enthusiastic about mounts, but that raptor in action looks awesome :).

Re: New Guild Wars 2 Expansion Beta, Path of Fire
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 11:27:01 PM »
Having played it a bit, I can confirm. It's hands down the most beautiful map in GW2 I've ever seen. The music is great, and it pays a lot of homage to the original Nightfall campaign.

Mounts were definitely the highlight of the experience. It's kinda hard to describe, but they feel really organic when they move. It's not like a player character, there's a lot of momentum to riding a mount, and it just feels really good.

The new expansion seems to address most all the complaints from Heart of Thorns. I spent hours just wandering around the City of Amnoon, listening to the different NPC dialogue. Unlike Heart of Thorns, it genuinely felt like one of the original maps, but next-gen and polished.

There's supposed to be another beta this weekend. We should organize a MoTK squad explore it together with a bunch of Beta characters named after Touhous! :D

Add me: Kain Francois.4328

edit: An album of the new landscape. Yes it's beautiful. http://imgur.com/a/MAcJ2
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:57:50 AM by Lishy1 »