Author Topic: Touhou 16 「東方天空璋 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons」 Report Completed!  (Read 77968 times)

It's been a while since I wrote that post, but I recall reading somewhere (not sure if during her Extra dialogue or one of her profiles) that she was just pretending to be looking for servants.

Granted, I also remember her being quite serious and insistant about having Cirno (and iirc Marisa too) becoming one of her new servants.  So yeah, it's a bit ambiguous but I can quite certainly agree on you that she was probably trying to accomplish a few goals at once.

Yeah, looks like in Reimu's Extra she pretty explicitl calls it a lie. The one Extra I hadn't read all that closely... But still, it's clear in both Marisa and Cirno's that she's interested.

Yeah, looks like in Reimu's Extra she pretty explicitly calls it a lie. The one Extra I hadn't read all that closely... But still, it's clear in both Marisa and Cirno's that she's interested.

From a quick read, it looks like she called it a lie right when Reimu was absent (as she was talking to herself), so we could take that at the truth.  At the same time, maybe her interest in Marisa and Cirno stems from genuine interest after witnessing their potential.

Sorta like "I originally didn't want to replace them, but didn't expect such an interesting candidate to appear, so maybe I could give it a try".

I interpreted it as "I do need to replace them sooner or later, but this incident really has nothing to do with that. I just used that reason as an excuse to show off." With Reimu's story she admits she was just using it as an excuse and that it wasn't her real goal. But with Marisa and Cirno's stories, she actually did find someone to replace them with, even if it was originally just an excuse.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra